Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon, and the Bounties that should have been tweaked already

TARINunit9

1. "Area control" on Er-Phryah's Vigil still doesn't work. Enemies won't spawn en masse like they're supposed to, yet your control meter will steadily decline until you eventually just fail. It's glitched and frustrating to fail a bounty because the bounty itself isn't progressing
  2. "Capture without killing an enemy" bonus remains stupid and has never not been stupid. It's bad design, and even if it was good design it doesn't work properly.
    1. Stealth is one thing, but stealth in Warframe has always included killing enemies without them seeing you.
    2. Stealth isn't even what's being tested, because as soon as the target is ready to be captured he spawns a group of alerted enemies on his position anyway
    3. You can fail the bonus because a Seeker threw a Roller at you. You can fail the bonus because a Kuaka or Condroc left the map. You can fail the bonus even if you personally did it correctly, but your teammate over a kilometer away killed something. You can even fail the bonus even if you already finished capturing the target, but an enemy died between teh capture and the bounty reward being granted! This is not acceptable!

24 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:
  1. "Capture without killing an enemy" bonus remains stupid and has never not been stupid. It's bad design, and even if it was good design it doesn't work properly.

You do realize that a portion of the community did ask for a challenge to be added, that was what was added. Now the community doesn't want the challenge?

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

You do realize that a portion of the community did ask for a challenge to be added, that was what was added. Now the community doesn't want the challenge?

So a subset of players wanted this specific challenge and the rest now don't? Can't say I'm shocked, given the variety of players in Warframe.

Also, I gotta say, with that challenge specifically, with the initial way Captures worked it wouldn't have bothered me. I had tons of fun using Ballistic Battery on VectisP and one-shotting the bugger for completion on those mini-Bounties that used to exist.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Right, especially since Tusk Seekers having their Latchers latch onto you or even a Condroc dying will ruin the Capture bonus objective. Not to mention how unreliable the spawns are for the Assassination Bounty to finish the entire bounty within one minute to get the bonus objective. Are you saying that Grineer draining the Control Meter in the "Liberation" Bounty is a "challenge", where they can just spawn out of thin air and also still drain the meter while being on their dropships away from the control area?

These aren't "challenges", these are broken and unfair mechanics where the players have no control over certain factors.

4 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:
  1. Stealth is one thing, but stealth in Warframe has always included killing enemies without them seeing you.
  2. Stealth isn't even what's being tested, because as soon as the target is ready to be captured he spawns a group of alerted enemies on his position anyway
  3. You can fail the bonus because a Seeker threw a Roller at you. You can fail the bonus because a Kuaka or Condroc left the map. You can fail the bonus even if you personally did it correctly, but your teammate over a kilometer away killed something. You can even fail the bonus even if you already finished capturing the target, but an enemy died between teh capture and the bounty reward being granted! This is not acceptable!

4. Vomvalyst killing the Grineer also fail the bonus challenge, making it impossible to do at night. They die in 1-2 hits from their attacks.

That bonus was not properly implemented.  It should only count direct kills caused by the player's weapon/abilities within the direct area of the bounty. Also, our companions' AI kills shouldn't count, since we can't control them and tell them not to kill.
Instead what we have now is, ANYTHING dies at any moment across the entire map no matter who the source is, voids the bonus. That is clearly a broken mechanic. 

And yes, the area control bounty is also broken on specific locations The Hillside Ruin location is the only place that never bugs out for me. Everywhere else has a high probability of bugging out.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

The challenge itself would be fine if not for the multiple issues listed. If something that we have no control over ruins it, then it should be changed.

6 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

"Area control" on Er-Phryah's Vigil still doesn't work. Enemies won't spawn en masse like they're supposed to, yet your control meter will steadily decline until you eventually just fail. It's glitched and frustrating to fail a bounty because the bounty itself isn't progressing

I noticed this bounty has issues in multiple locations, not only there, and mostly in lower levels. High-level bounties spawn more units, although I remember that there used to be much more enemies for this mission.

Wasn't it the Plains of Eidolon remaster that messed this bounty up?  

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

It needs to be a challenge that actually works correctly and is fair

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-01-08 at 5:27 AM, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Oh come on, be fair. If their idea of a challenge is buggy missions and bonus objectives that cant be complited if a single person or a companion in the team kills something (which is the actual goal 99% of the time), then no we dont want their idea of challenge.  

It shouldnt be possible for ONE person to mess up the mission with one press of a button in a game where majority plays random matchmaked groups. And it shouldnt be possible to lose a mission because of RNG like in the control area bounties where its half skill half luck wether it works or not because its so buggy and the area is so massive you dont find all enemies even on archwing and enemy radar especially without full team (possibly due underground spawns as well). 

The game can be made challenging but be fair at the same time. 

I'm annoyed by the capture bonus lore-wise. When you kill enemies with 4 minutes remaining in Orb Vallis, it was the better way to complete your objective because it catches the enemy commanders off guard and they don't get what's happening.

What benefit is there to the Tenno or Cetus that we didn't kill anyone when capturing our target? None. We want as many dead Grineer as possible.

Should be changed to something sensible like a very short time limit between the target spotting you and their capture.

Area Control is definitely unfair, enemies can spawn underground or outside of the objective radius (I don't think cave entrances are as clearly marked at PoE as they are at Orb Vallis? If I'm remembering correctly then that makes them more difficult to find, and people might not think to look there).

The Capture objective bonus is totally broken for the reasons listed, I think most people have given up on trying to get that one.

Anytime it's that capture bounty and I'm running public I just assume I'll not be getting a bonus that time around and it's not even the pub's fault. You can't have a sentinel with a weapon; can't have animals nearby; can't go operator mode while having zenurik void static on; can't even look at the enemy without something somewhere dying. Going in stealthy to attack only the target is all good but it's when the enemies come raining down that things become broken fast. I think I've only gotten the bonus twice so far in public. Otherwise, if solo I have to be meticulous and make sure I've got absolutely nothing equipped that will kill without my exact intent. It is also my main reason I run Mesa when doing bounties: to stun the enemies while I capture.

Then there are a couple of missions that spawn within the caves but can also be above the caves at the same spots. This causes confusion most of the time. Forget the bonus objective, I've had bounties outright fail because as a team we're all busy killing all the enemies in a radius to later discover that we're not progressing at all and that we're actually supposed to be killing the enemies in the caves directly below where we're at. So then we all scramble with seconds on the clock trying to get down that mine shaft, slamming our melee weapons down, bullet jumping and rolling like mad to reach the targets below, but to no avail: bounty failed.

Sometimes the objective can be extra unfair in that you have to kill enemies both on top AND in the caves like Area Control. So you'll be clearing enemies and suddenly either none spawn or the meter is dropping so fast simply because there are some enemies in the caves as well.

Well good news guys, with Railjack updates coming soon theyll be working on updating and fixing that this year so fixes for old content will be buried even deeper under the pile.

Actually reminds me of this saying I heard in one of the dev streams that went somehow like this "A castle build on ruins of a castle that was build on the ruins of a castle". Sums it up well I think. 

Archived