Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I ready for Steel Path???

(XBOX)OdinsDottir

Question

Well, I finally cleared the Star Chart. It didn't take that long once I figured out I had to do it in order to advance to Steel Path. Although, considering that most players are probably way past this point, it makes things difficult to find others doing the missions, at least on Xbox.

I am not entirely sure that my particular builds are right for SP. At MR 9 and maining a 3x Forma'd Hydroid Prime built to tank/Pilfer, with subpar weapons, I'd like to hear any advice given in whether or not I should even be attempting it at my level.

Current weapons are

Ignis Wraith-max level and I'm lacking a lot of the good mods

Gammacor or something, it's like a laser wrist sheath thing- I'm leveling garbage weapons for MR

Wotan's Eye- Zaw Scythe with 9300 Heavy Damage/Damage, my main weapon of choice, cuz I hate guns in games

Everyone seems to like the fast, cutesy frames that drop nukes and clear a room in one nano second, I don't have any of those yet, so suggest away Tenno

Tell me I'm crazy to try now, or, 'yeah, you got this, girl.'

Give my Lord Petrus your hate, it seems not many people like Hydroid for some reason...he's my Peter Steele, I'm loyal to my boy, even if he becomes backup. 

On 2021-01-15 at 4:38 PM, (XBOX)OdinsDottir said:

I am not entirely sure that my particular builds are right for SP.

The only real difficulty you'll find is when trying to solo Grineer Interception missions.

Other than that, modding according to a weapon's nature is more than enough... There's not even the need to bypass enemies because, well... the real problem are those Grineer Interceptions... If you actually want to keep things fun by not resorting to ridicule stuff, that is.

Aww, come on. I can't Leeeeeeeerrrrrooooooyyyyyy JENKINS!!!!?

But, but, but that's the way I've played from the beginning up until now. (insert sarcasm response here.)

Seriously though, part Leroy, part top tier Ninja Sniper stuff, part cuss at the tv when I get obliterated by level 42 infested, yet I can survive an hour long survival mission with two others.

I'm still working out frames and weapons anyway, trying to make room for more Prime frames and weapons, haven't started SP officially yet, I'll give it the ole College try though.

Who are these people doing millions in damage, what weapon are they using with what Mods, I want to do millions in damage and make the game even less fun. What is the point to that??

Enter a room push button whatever and walk out. Yeah the screams and carnage make a pretty picture, but there's no fun in total annihilation that way, unless the Fashion Frame is just so beautiful that you're doing nothing but drooling over the incredibly awesome armor and Syandana you spent your hard earned (or easily bought) Plat on.  

Here on Xbox a lot of you seem to be head over heels in love with the Iowa Corn Fed Hildryn. 'Thicc' I see a lot.

Queen Diabetes if it was a real person. 

That is one frame I have no interest in whatsoever, along with Monkey Boy. Oberon, king of the Forest, is there a Prime version of him, because he is awesome.

Loki, hate the horn placement, Rhino, he's good apparently, but being a Frame snob, he'd be banished to the friend zone in my opinion.

Limbo, no, 

Volt, no

The girl frame with the buns on her head, Nezha? No.

DE when are we getting an Odin/Wotan/Woden frame? I will pay for that!!!!! Missing an eye and everything, or like a cyborg kind of eye. And a Raven companion for him.

Like a cross between Hydroid Prime in appearance and the God Of War character???

Like how the subject went completely off track there? You can thank AC Valhalla for that. The wait gets spoiled by the BS Cannon twist of the game, ruined my whole already screwed up year. Thanks. Close down our family owned business, ok, make us lose income, yeah, whatever, mess with my Viking Game and the true identity of the main character...You've Gone Too Far, Sirs!!!!

New Frames, please, cool ones, Oberon, I like him, not like Revenant though... Prime version, please!!!! (In German, French, Hungarian, and English)

and Don't worry, I'm not in the process of going crazy, that happened a long time ago. The Doctors said I'm safe to be out in public, and I've never been caught yet. LOL

;) 

2 hours ago, (NSW)Joewoof said:

Really? 9000-ish damage is enough? I've been hitting 350,000 damage with my Halikar and I thought I'm not ready for Steel Path. I see all these people doing 2 million damage and I thought that's what you need for Steel Path.

You need smarts for Steel Path, you don't just run in there doing a Leeroy Jenkins with your weapons, the way you play goes a long way to completing it.

Spoiler

On 2021-01-15 at 10:38 AM, (XBOX)OdinsDottir said:

Current weapons are

Gammacor or something, it's like a laser wrist sheath thing- I'm leveling garbage weapons for MR

Wotan's Eye- Zaw Scythe with 9300 Heavy Damage/Damage, my main weapon of choice, cuz I hate guns in games

Honestly, the Zaw alone would help you with Steel Path alone more than the other two combined.

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Now that Corrosive has a Cap and Duration.... What's a good Source of Armor Stripping these days ? 

I've been using Slash for so long I don't know anymore 😥.

Add heat to weapons as that's a flat 50% armour reduction while they're flailing around and kn fire.

Warframe abilities. Nyx seems to be popular because psychic bolts removes all armour.

Hildryn is my go to for this. Pillage strips armour and tops up her sheilds, combo that with having Haven up and using blazing pillage you get the combined benefit above plus the heat proc to reduce what armour they have left, and her strip ability scales with enemy level.

Pillage also has the bonus of being able to be helminthed onto any frame you want. 

17 hours ago, kgabor said:
22 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Expand  

I can't check whether it's worth it for SP in particular as i currently don't have Wf in my Steam library.

Me Too 😃 !!!

17 hours ago, kgabor said:

I meant Entropy Burst's secondary effect, which i remember as a semi-useless one, so my first tip was shields, i think it's from Suda, maybe.

Never mind, i checked it, it's Magnetic, almost the right guess. :D

Oh you mean the AoE.... Yeah it's Magnetic... Not particularly useful 

4 hours ago, (XBOX)OdinsDottir said:

I've had most of the parts for Wukong P at one time or another but the whole monkey thing is kind of a repulsion for me, I'll look him up and see what his abilities are though.

LoL... Yeah monkeys and Goats (Oberon) are not the most appealing To most Tenno...  But their Delux Skins salvage them for the most part .

1 hour ago, Butterfly85 said:

A good source of armour strip for Grineer

Now that Corrosive has a Cap and Duration.... What's a good Source of Armor Stripping these days ? 

I've been using Slash for so long I don't know anymore 😥.

Just finishing Ivara Prime and have Equinox  Prime parts, just need a few more and  I have plenty of the necessary relics for them. Time to grind void traces to put them at radiant.

I've had most of the parts for Wukong P at one time or another but the whole monkey thing is kind of a repulsion for me, I'll look him up and see what his abilities are though.

4 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Is it worth it ?

The Steel Path Armor Modifier seems to have strange interactions with Percentage Based Armor Stripping Methods. 

For examples Booben's Bastille still functions like normal but I've heard Ash's no longer being able to fully strip with Seeking Shurikens... Same goes for Kitty's Sharpened Claws.... 

You mean Entropy Burst ? Yeah it also gives Energy... Although I am skepticle of the Supra's performance without a Riven 🤔....

Blight and Entropy are Energy.... Sequence is the shield one...

I can't check whether it's worth it for SP in particular as i currently don't have Wf in my Steam library.

I meant Entropy Burst's secondary effect, which i remember as a semi-useless one, so my first tip was shields, i think it's from Suda, maybe.

Never mind, i checked it, it's Magnetic, almost the right guess. :D

It can also be used on the Supra Vandal, which is better, also easy to build without high end mods.

Would take a few MR rankups for OP to reach though, Zenurik would be faster to farm probably.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)OdinsDottir said:

Well, I finally cleared the Star Chart. It didn't take that long once I figured out I had to do it in order to advance to Steel Path.

I was afraid this might happen 😱 !!!

Although, considering that most players are probably way past this point, it makes things difficult to find others doing the missions, at least on Xbox.

Interesting.... You would think that with Umbra Forma in the Store that would generate more traffic... I guess the one purchase limit every 2 Months is not enough of an incentive....

I'd like to hear any advice given in whether or not I should even be attempting it at my level.

Well... As far as Damage goes.... A Melee Weapon using the Optimizer build good enough for most of Steel Path... But for Nodes like the Ropalolyst you might run into issues.... Luckily you can just summon Help in those Situations.

As for Personal Survivability and The Ability to Baby Sit objectives.... That might require Abit more investment into better mods or even Arcanes 😮 !!!

7 hours ago, (XBOX)OdinsDottir said:

I really dislike this weapon.... It might be good but I don't care... I just hate it...

I can't think of a Good 2ndary other than Akstilleto Prime.... Huh... That doesn't sound right.... Oh yes... It's Aksomati Prime...my bad 😁... 

It's a Hybrid Weapon... A damn good one... However it's actually quite difficult to build it as a a proper Hybrid. There's just not enough Slots 😞. Still though, if you can get it.... That would be awesome.

Everyone seems to like the fast, cutesy frames that drop nukes and clear a room in one nano second, I don't have any of those yet, so suggest away Tenno

The frames that can do that in the Regular Star Chart can't do that as well in The Steel Path so it's fine...

My number one easily Accessible Recommendation would be Octavia the Destroyer...  It would be nice if you could use Baruuk or Khora... But She recently got nerfed and Baruuk is not exactly two clicks away from getting built since he's locked away behind Fortuna's god awful syndicates 😤.

That being said...the more powerful mods and Arcanes You have.... The less restrictive your options will be... I managed you just fine with Booben and Ivara... Slow as it was...

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Sir Sponks Alot said:

You can go the basic route and go for OP frames like Khora or

Khora got Gutted...atleast on PC... I don't know if the Nerf made it to consoles yet.

4 hours ago, kgabor said:

You're going to need Corroding Barrage for Hydroid

Is it worth it ?

The Steel Path Armor Modifier seems to have strange interactions with Percentage Based Armor Stripping Methods. 

For examples Booben's Bastille still functions like normal but I've heard Ash's no longer being able to fully strip with Seeking Shurikens... Same goes for Kitty's Sharpened Claws.... 

2 hours ago, kgabor said:

I don't have the augment for the Supra, but it does something similar, except it gives shields

You mean Entropy Burst ? Yeah it also gives Energy... Although I am skepticle of the Supra's performance without a Riven 🤔....

Blight and Entropy are Energy.... Sequence is the shield one...

If Baro over at XBOX follows the same rotation as on PS4, try grabbing a Sands of Inaros -quest from him (or farm a Prime). Also, as you've just cleared the starchart, try your hand in Arbitrations to get yourself an Adaptation mod to accompany your new Inaros. He may not be the prettiest of them, but he's sure as h*ll one of the most durabele ones, especially at mid levels without all the 'fancy' mods. Inaros plays nicely as a melee paired with Naramon school.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)OdinsDottir said:

I'm still learning a lot about builds and mods for weapons and frames, hate shooting, which is not a good strategy with certain bosses, especially with horrible aim like I have ( on games alone). 

Still working on Uber weapons, I watch what others use when playing in groups, because they're generally the ones obliterating the hordes faster than I can.

You can switch to Rakta Cernos while you're not killing, the affinity given by other's kills charges up into a blast; 'Blight' that converts it into energy and spreads Viral procs to enemies in a radius.

I don't have the augment for the Supra, but it does something similar, except it gives shields (? idk.)instead of Viral procs, it also doesn't need much aim.

As a fellow mostly-melee player, let me just say that something to deal with heavy Grineer armor would be very useful.  Shattering Impact on a fast weapon, or modding for Slash Procs all work wonders.  That and a good healing solution like Life Strike or Healing Return, and you should be good to go.

I believe I have corroding barrage already, and arcane energize. My main builds have been for ability strength and health/armor and not necessarily crit type stuff, as I stated, I'm still learning a lot about builds and mods for weapons and frames, hate shooting, which is not a good strategy with certain bosses, especially with horrible aim like I have ( on games alone). 

Still working on Uber weapons, I watch what others use when playing in groups, because they're generally the ones obliterating the hordes faster than I can.

You're going to need Corroding Barrage for Hydroid.

Other than that if your melee kills fast enough, that should be about enough for SP if you can manage your energy. (you might need to focus farm a bit for a few Zenurik nodes or use weapons, like Rakta Cernos, snipers modded for Sharpshooter, Rakta Dark Dagger, augmented Supra Vandal or Arcane Energize)

But Frost is also good for this mode, armor strip-dps-cc-tank with the Avalanche augment and globes, you need a stat stick riven for Gara to properly fill this niche.

Truthfully, everyone has their own way of doing SP, you just have to find yours. It's possible to do most every mode with anything (Interception can get to be a huge pain on SP though). You can go the basic route and go for OP frames like Khora or find something that works for you. If you have a good melee, you'll be able to at least pass through a lot of SP. Personally I use Valkyr on most everything because I love her.

Thanks all for the answers so far. 

The main thing I guess I've learned from playing is that the frames I like the most, appearance wise aren't necessarily the best overall frame. Gara, Valkyr, Frost, I honestly hated them, both in their looks and abilities. (Okay, I liked the glass wall for defense missions.)

Revenant is my new up and coming favorite, although the original helmet irritates me. Been after a Loki from the start of the game, I mean, look at my IGN.😁

Nekros was boring to me, and girl frames.... don't get me started on girl characters in video games, even being a girl I dread having to play as one with the way they are visualized.

( No, I'm not a Feminist, and so what if their "assets" are visible. Women in real life have them too)

I prefer playing "war" with Male characters, call me crazy.

Again, thanks. I'm still collecting parts from relics and Mirage is up next to rank.

Thanks all for the answers so far. 

The main thing I guess I've learned from playing is that the frames I like the most, appearance wise aren't necessarily the best overall frame. Gara, Valkyr, Frost, I honestly hated them, both in their looks and abilities. (Okay, I liked the glass wall for defense missions.)

Revenant is my new up and coming favorite, although the original helmet irritates me. Been after a Loki from the start of the game, I mean, look at my IGN.😁

Nekros was boring to me, and girl frames.... don't get me started on girl characters in video games, even being a girl I dread having to play as one with the way they are visualized.

( No, I'm not a Feminist, and so what if their "assets" are visible. Women in real life have them too)

I prefer playing "war" with Male characters, call me crazy.

Again, thanks. I'm still collecting parts from relics and Mirage is up next to rank.

Yes you are ready.

Just start a mission and do your best with what equipment you have. If you are successful - start the next mission. If you can't get through something after a few attempts - just pause, understand what you're missing and rethink your loadout/tactics.

Just like when you were unlocking the normal starchart, expect your loadout to evolve as you get further in. You can ask for help in recruiting if you are REALLY stuck, but the more of it you do solo the more you'll get out of the experience.

Archived