Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove MR locked nightwave standing.

Stalker_says_hello

Just now, vegetosayajin said:

And what exactly does advance in your arsenal or your character with mr alone?
Ger rid of your mods, disable your focus tree and see what will change if you are mr5 or mr30. Absolutely nothing.You get 0 powers from mr, 0 new items from mr, 0 lore from mr(if you don't count the titania quest).
Again, you can't grasp a simple concept - not what is now because you can't change it, but why is it there.There is no other reason except to make you farm more fodder items(read play the game longer), because you want to get the little number next to your nickname.

It's a waste of time to explain anything to you, so I'll stop right here. You're making names up for things you don't like and drawing caricatures. It's essentially a strawman, in fact. Essentially.

1 minute ago, vegetosayajin said:

Ger rid of your mods, disable your focus tree and see what will change if you are mr5 or mr30. Absolutely nothing.You get 0 powers from mr, 0 new items from mr, 0 lore from mr(if you don't count the titania quest).
Again, you can't grasp a simple concept - not what is now because you can't change it, but why is it there.There is no other reason except to make you farm more fodder items(read play the game longer), because you want to get the little number next to your nickname.

Warframe's progression isn't another mmo progression with levels and skills( it just wouldn't work with current warframe) feels like you're constantly comparing warframe system to something like Skyrim it's like comparing a shovel with a hammer

1 minute ago, vegetosayajin said:

Quests unlocked by mastery rank

MR3 Natah and the second dream

MR4 The deadlock protocol

MR5 Sands of Inaros and the war within

MR7 The silver grove

There are also some quests incidentally unlocked by mastery rank because there locked behind something else For instance The glast gambit requires the War within so it effectively has a MR requirement of 5. The highest MR requirement for a quest I can think of at the moment is 10 as erra is locked behind the paracesis which can only be crafted at MR10 meaning that any quest further in the new war line is going to have a MR of at least 10.

5 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

If you said "mr16 to mr30" - then you would have had a bit of a point. The changes in one's arsenal between mr5 and mr30 do exist - they involve all the weapons that have an MR requirement between 6 and 15 (mr16 for some rivens). A valid argument can be made that buying stuff for plat should not let you bypass MR requirements - but money will always trump such arguments.

Is MR a good and meaningful progression system? Not particularly. But it's the only one we currently have in Warframe.

Just now, Charlotte said:

It's a waste of time to explain anything to you, so I'll stop right here. You're making names up for things you don't like and drawing caricatures. It's essentially a strawman, in fact. Essentially.

I'll just quote you an answer from another topic from a person who disagrees here:

12 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

They literally would never stay in business if people could no life them in 3 weeks and move on. 

That sums up why is it like that and I agree completely.
I never said it wasn't needed, but I say it could be better.
Prototype for example has a great progression system that is impactful in the game and something like that could have easily been implemented into this game and made progressing mr mean something.
Warframe scratched little this topic with the focus system, but didn't get it to the next level that it could be.
If wf decided to go this way of meaningful progression system and not just a junk recycler one like the one we have right now saying you are mr20-30 would have a much much bigger impact on the statement.

1 hour ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

I don’t see why that isn’t an obtainable goal within a week? 🤔 

and if not, multiple weeks so you can complete the bounty next time.

I’m able to just about all content, and there are some bounties I opt to miss. You don’t need to do all of them.

Since the main quest line doesn't require above Mr 6 I choose to remain mr6 being forced to level up is rediculous. If they wanted the whole helminth system to be for late game people they should of made it the last rank of entrati so that way someone who wants to be higher Mr can go well I don't want to grind entriti for months might as well level up my Mr so I can get standing easier. 

2 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

This intermission is going to last for at least 2-3 months (if we're lucky - DE's recent history suggests it'll be more like 5-6)

That means you will have plenty of time to get to MR8, obtain the Helminth segment and get the NW standing from the "recovered tasks" pool long before the intermission is over.

I choose to not be Mr 8

2 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

The point of online games is to progress. 

If you just started playing, that's just how it goes. In 3 months you'll probably not even remember this and you'll be sliding through the game just fine like anyone else. 

The Helminth was originally supposed to be for MR 15.....but it was changed to accommodate you. Some people wanted to make it MR20.

Some people find MR pointless and some players think oh because I'm higher MR I'm better at the game when in fact I have an arcane grace and arcane guardian and maxed out everything that's needed as a low MR player being forced to level up is dumb 

2 hours ago, Charlotte said:

Then what is it? Mastery is necessary for unlocking new weapons, new daily standing limit, void trace storage, and story quests. Going through these things, getting stronger weapons, is not progression?

Nope high Mr just making farming easier. Wow your farming level is so much higher than mine doesn't mean I suck as a player. 

1 hour ago, Troposphere6 said:

Quests unlocked by mastery rank

MR3 Natah and the second dream

MR4 The deadlock protocol

MR5 Sands of Inaros and the war within

MR7 The silver grove

There are also some quests incidentally unlocked by mastery rank because there locked behind something else For instance The glast gambit requires the War within so it effectively has a MR requirement of 5. The highest MR requirement for a quest I can think of at the moment is 10 as erra is locked behind the paracesis which can only be crafted at MR10 meaning that any quest further in the new war line is going to have a MR of at least 10.

Iv done the erra quest you don't have to craft paracesis. Only quest u can't do is silver Grove and since it's not main story arc I don't care. 

7 minutes ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

Some people find MR pointless and some players think oh because I'm higher MR I'm better at the game when in fact I have an arcane grace and arcane guardian and maxed out everything that's needed as a low MR player being forced to level up is dumb 

Well some people do care. See how easy that was to counter? Is there some reason why you think your opinion matters more or something? 

8 minutes ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

I choose to not be Mr 8

That means you choose to not have access to lots of things in game, including lots of weapons (unless you buy them with plat), most rivens (which I can't really blame you for), and the Helminth system among other things. Just add this bit of NW standing to the list of things you are choosing to not have access to.

I've never understood people who "choose" to stay a certain MR (and I suspect that a lot of these people "choose" to stay MR8 only because they can't pass the MR9 test). But if you really did choose to stay at mr6 for your own reasons - more power to you! However, by doing that you are going directly against the designated progression system in Warframe. So don't expect everything in-game to be available to you with this self-imposed restriction!

13 minutes ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

Iv done the erra quest you don't have to craft paracesis. Only quest u can't do is silver Grove and since it's not main story arc I don't care. 

err if the kill a grove specter for nightwave is still a thing, u will care

1 minute ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

So I guess being hated on because the people who like to be low Mr is a minority so you wanna pick on minorities now? 

No one forced anyone to "like being a low MR". If someone chooses that, they chose that path and that's their fault. 

The game's community has no problems helping people of lower MR.....so the game and the community do the complete opposite of picking on low MRs.

7 minutes ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

I choose to not be Mr 8

So, am I getting it straight?

You choose to gimp yourself on purpose and expect the game devs to cater to your whim?

Good luck...

6 minutes ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

Some people find MR pointless 

Some people are completely oblivious to the QoL higher MR brings and would go so far as to defend being low MR. Put it like this: high MR offers little, low MR offers nothing.

10 minutes ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

some players think oh because I'm higher MR I'm better at the game

Dang it, you're starting to sound like a certain cat that's been silent on the forums for almost a week now, who are those? 

11 minutes ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

being forced to level up is dumb 

Nothing is forcing you to level up, in fact plenty of people have told you, there is no need to complete every act to reach max rank in NW.

But for whatever reason you feel like going against game design and having the audacity to call the devs while you're at it.

Would you also like to speak to the manager?

3 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

So, am I getting it straight?

You choose to gimp yourself on purpose and expect the game devs to cater to your whim?

Good luck...

Some people are completely oblivious to the QoL higher MR brings and would go so far as to defend being low MR. Put it like this: high MR offers little, low MR offers nothing.

Dang it, you're starting to sound like a certain cat that's been silent on the forums for almost a week now, who are those? 

Nothing is forcing you to level up, in fact plenty of people have told you, there is no need to complete every act to reach max rank in NW.

But for whatever reason you feel like going against game design and having the audacity to call the devs while you're at it.

Would you also like to speak to the manager?

All I am saying is old alerts had no Mr and they got rid of it for nightwave which had Mr requirements. Unless they allow both systems to be coexistent I don't really feel like they care about new players or low Mr players at all. 

Archived