Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove MR locked nightwave standing.

Stalker_says_hello

I think the topic has the wrong title. It should be:

Remove Forced Infusion from Nightwave

If you already have all warframes subsumed, your only option to feed Helminth is to spend resources infusing abilities. That’s lame.

not come of rude or something but:

hey staying that at mr is your choice. kuddos to you..

but at the same time u want to invalidate all the work the other higher mr's gotten..

nah jsut accept it some nw challenges and content in the game u wont be able todo.

nw u will max it without needing all challenges

If you've been around long enough to remember the old alert system, you'll have been through a few nw cycles now.

This situation should therefore not be a surprise to you.   You should also be fully aware that you'll have ages to get rank 30 and very likely well beyond.

Your complaint is silly.  You choose to stay at a low mr (which is fine) and have full knowledge of how the game works.  You therfore knowingly choose to be blocked from some content.  Your choice.  Deal with it.

2 minutes ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

Unless they allow both systems to be coexistent I don't really feel like they care about new players or low Mr players at all. 

Actually, it's much more simple that that: they don't care about people who choose to not participate in the game's designated progression system.

If you are a new player, you are free to play the game some more, level up and become a not-so-new player. I actually think that weekly MR tasks make it easier for new players to try out some of the more advanced content (e.g. it is a much easier for a new player to find a Profit Taker or Exploiter squad on the weeks when the relevant task is on Nightwave).

If you are a low-MR player, you are free to level up some more stuff, pass an MR test of ten and become a higher-MR player.

And DE is clearly encouraging both of these solutions! The fact you "choose" not to take up any of these opportunities is something you have nobody but yourself to blame.

15 minutes ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

All I am saying is old alerts had no Mr and they got rid of it for nightwave which had Mr requirements. Unless they allow both systems to be coexistent I don't really feel like they care about new players or low Mr players at all. 

I remember alerts when I started playing. What they mostly succeded in was noobtraping me into slowing my progression going after 500 rubedo or 3k credits.

People seem to remember some romanticized version of alerts, I remember I was about MR10 when I finally got CP, getting a potato was nothing short of a miracle and I wasn't even 1/3 on helmets before NW.

3 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

s.

People seem to remember some romanticized version of alerts, 

This.  How many things from alerts did i need that I missed because i couldn't play right then.  Or get on and have a fiend say - oh you just missed an alert for XYZ you really wanted.

I don't like NW - but I REALLY didn't like alerts.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

You must be wealthy or spoiled, then, because even as a (what some others called me) "white knight", that's the last thing that's a problem in the game.

Well that’s probably because their arnt much problems with the game in my view. I definitely think that’s one of the few.

4 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

4. Old alert system was locked by star chart and unlike NW it didn't have a catch up mechanic

Please, please, my eyes can only roll back so much.

4. Alerts + taxi = no problem Nighwave + NO OTHER CHOICE = problem
But NW is better ;)

11 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

But NW is better ;)

Very Funny Reaction GIF

Sure thing buddy, whatever helps you sleep at night, but can you at least think of something more original than copying my response next time?

4 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

And what exactly does advance in your arsenal or your character with mr alone?
Ger rid of your mods, disable your focus tree and see what will change if you are mr5 or mr30. Absolutely nothing.You get 0 powers from mr, 0 new items from mr, 0 lore from mr(if you don't count the titania quest).
Again, you can't grasp a simple concept - not what is now because you can't change it, but why is it there.There is no other reason except to make you farm more fodder items(read play the game longer), because you want to get the little number next to your nickname.

I guarantee you, an MR15 weapon will outperform an MR1 weapon even without mods.

9 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

But NW is better ;)

If only there was a way of dealing with that horrible MR lock... like if you could disable it by engaging with the game's core progression system... Do you really think it's better if newer player are instead encouraged to go into chat and beg more experienced players to taxi them to content they are not equipped to deal with yet?

Had the Helminth system been locked behind MR15 (or was it 16?) like it was initially meant to, or had it been locked behind MR20 like it, arguably, should have been - then the OP would have had a bit of a point (and even then his complaint would have been questionable). But since the MR requirement in question is so low he can literally get past it before the weekly task expires on Sunday... The whole complaint is utterly silly to begin with!

47 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

Very Funny Reaction GIF

Sure thing buddy, whatever helps you sleep at night, but can you at least think of something more original than copying my response next time?

200.gif
Guess

36 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

If only there was a way of dealing with that horrible MR lock... like if you could disable it by engaging with the game's core progression system... Do you really think it's better if newer player are instead encouraged to go into chat and beg more experienced players to taxi them to content they are not equipped to deal with yet?

Had the Helminth system been locked behind MR15 (or was it 16?) like it was initially meant to, or had it been locked behind MR20 like it, arguably, should have been - then the OP would have had a bit of a point (and even then his complaint would have been questionable). But since the MR requirement in question is so low he can literally get past it before the weekly task expires on Sunday... The whole complaint is utterly silly to begin with!

I am not a new player you are not a new player so lets not state what is better for them if we cant experience it like they do

2 things here
1 - Do you believe players want to stay at MR2 4 6 or whatever?
2 - Difference between frustration of being locked out of content where MR does not matter VS going to get to that content anyway trough natural progression and not carrying for something being out of your reach

I just carried like 2 MR30 players trough profit taker
Should they be not allowed to participate in it with me?
They had the tools they just was not prepared for it
While we had MR15 which didnt had the tools and was not prepared
It was just available to him

Difference in being prepared or not and wanting to do something should be not yours mines or anyone else problem

Look why we are here
I just said ppl will come here to defend nightwave
You are here defending ppl should be locked out of content they could do
I wish OP could lock you out of some content so u could experience it yourself first hand
You are not helping here any1 defending locking players out of content
But please keep going i want to hear more from u

2 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

I remember alerts when I started playing. What they mostly succeded in was noobtraping me into slowing my progression going after 500 rubedo or 3k credits.

People seem to remember some romanticized version of alerts, I remember I was about MR10 when I finally got CP, getting a potato was nothing short of a miracle and I wasn't even 1/3 on helmets before NW.

Yeah looking back at alerts, they weren't that great in terms of game valuing your time.  It sucked when you saw an alert pop up for Nitian, or Kavat genetic codes and you knew that you were going to miss out on them because you couldn't make it back to the game before they would expire.  At least with Nightwave I know I can skip out on several of the challenges and still reach max rank with time to spare.

For a relevant example: I hate profit taker fight, so I refuse to do it even for nightwave standing, but I'm not asking for a single act to be removed because I choose to not engage with that content.  I know that it is my choice to not engage with particular content has consequences and I accept them. 

1 minute ago, yarl5000 said:

For a relevant example: I hate profit taker fight, so I refuse to do it even for nightwave standing, but I'm not asking for a single act to be removed because I choose to not engage with that content.  I know that it is my choice to not engage with particular content has consequences and I accept them. 

WTH are you doing mate?

Common sense and reason aren't allowed around here!

BEGONE WITH YOU!

2 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

1 - Do you believe players want to stay at MR2 4 6 or whatever?

The OP said outright that he does! That's the whole thing! Have you even read what the start of the thread was talking about? He said he is MR6 and he "chose" not to raise his MR any further!

Had the op said he wasn't MR8 yet or did not have Deimos standing for the Helminth segment yet - then the matter would have been completely different! It's annoying when you are locked out of content by some arbitrary threshold, and people who are missing out because of that have my sympathy. It is especially annoying when you are a new player and there's an event going on that you can't meaningfully participate in - yet that makes it harder for you to progress (been in exactly that situation myself as I was starting out in Warframe).

But this is not the case here! The OP chooses not to engage with the main progression system of the game, yet demands rewards that are locked behind this progression system. And such behaviour is dumb and deserves to be laughed at - which is precisely what we are doing!

18 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

You are here defending ppl should be locked out of content they could do
I wish OP could lock you out of some content so u could experience it yourself first hand
You are not helping here any1 defending locking players out of content

The only person locking the OP out of content is the OP himself - by his decision to stay at MR6. I, on the other hand, am providing him with an easily available solution : "just go do the MR tests!

You are really not helping here by failing to read what you're responding to!

22 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

But please keep going i want to hear more from u

ditto.

24 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

The OP said outright that he does! That's the whole thing! Have you even read what the start of the thread was talking about? He said he is MR6 and he "chose" not to raise his MR any further!

Had the op said he wasn't MR8 yet or did not have Deimos standing for the Helminth segment yet - then the matter would have been completely different! It's annoying when you are locked out of content by some arbitrary threshold, and people who are missing out because of that have my sympathy. It is especially annoying when you are a new player and there's an event going on that you can't meaningfully participate in - yet that makes it harder for you to progress (been in exactly that situation myself as I was starting out in Warframe).

But this is not the case here! The OP chooses not to engage with the main progression system of the game, yet demands rewards that are locked behind this progression system. And such behaviour is dumb and deserves to be laughed at - which is precisely what we are doing!

The only person locking the OP out of content is the OP himself - by his decision to stay at MR6. I, on the other hand, am providing him with an easily available solution : "just go do the MR tests!

You are really not helping here by failing to read what you're responding to!

ditto.

So lets decide are we talking about OP or all new players because last time i qouted you you was addressing all new players not just op :)

You do know how it feels to be locked out of content yet you still defend it?
That makes sense

So again what harm it would be if OP would not be locked out of content because of his low MR?
Who would lose anything on that?
What harm could it cause if you could have heminth on lower MR?

As he said when alerts was still on there was no problem but with NW problem started to exist
So its more of NW or de locking him out of content and not himself
Ive seen many pply complaining about eidolons or profit taker on NW and not without a good reason
I personally dont mind it but i believe that 2 acts should not exist and be replaced with something else and no1 would cry about it

Believe me i read carefully more than you do apparently as it shows with who you refer to (all new players or OP) but who am i to judge ;)

6 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

So lets decide are we talking about OP or all new players because last time i qouted you you was addressing all new players not just op :)

That makes sense

So again what harm it would be if OP would not be locked out of content because of his low MR?
Who would lose anything on that?

As he said when alerts was still on there was no problem but with NW problem started to exist
Ive seen many pply complaining about eidolons or profit taker on NW and not without a good reason
I personally dont mind it but i believe that 2 acts should not exist and be replaced with something else and no1 would cry about it

Believe me i read carefully more than you do apparently as it shows with who you refer to (all new players or OP) but who am i to judge ;)

2 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Then let's also decide that you've just confessed to eating live kittens for breakfast! With both ketchup and mustard! (THE HERESY! One must never mix these condiments!)

Actually, let's not decide to assume things that never happened! I was not addressing "all newer players" - the thread is about the OP's situation specifically, and I was addressing his situation in particular (just like everyone else in this thread - except for you). Let's keep to what's actually happened and not bend the truth just to make your argument sound a little less ridiculous!

10 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

You do some of the game's content -> You progress (in the way defined by the game's developers) -> you unlock more content. That's how video games work. That's how they've always worked! That's what I expect when I pick up a video game! That's what most people expect from a video game. Being locked out of some content until you progress sufficiently is just a consequence of that! Giving a new player everything in the game from the very start makes for a rather boring game!

16 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

I would expect that new players would feed it resources they can't afford yet and would subsume warframes they would still have difficulty re-farming. Making them progress a little bit more would allow them to gain a little more in-game experience and and would give them time to figure out what resources/items are hard/easy to obtain. They can choose to rush that progression - but that would be their fault!

24 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

I'm sure DE would happily allow him to do the MR7 test as soon as he is willing (assuming he has enough gear levelled)! And the MR8 test the day after (assuming he passes the MR7 one on his first try). I'm pretty sure that as far as DE is concerned, he is welcome to be MR30 in just 24 days' time! Nobody is stopping him except himself!

28 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

I've seen people complaining about all sorts of ridiculous things - that does not mean these things should be immediately removed from the game!

54 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

Hahahah i love that movie :)

And im very happy you believe in my power to make ppl dumber with what i say
But to tell you the truth i have problem believing in that especially when i see ppl replying with clip from a movie instead of with some solid arguments ;)

40 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Then let's also decide that you've just confessed to eating live kittens for breakfast! With both ketchup and mustard! (THE HERESY! One must never mix these condiments!)

Actually, let's not decide to assume things that never happened! I was not addressing "all newer players" - the thread is about the OP's situation specifically, and I was addressing his situation in particular (just like everyone else in this thread - except for you). Let's keep to what's actually happened and not bend the truth just to make your argument sound a little less ridiculous!

You do some of the game's content -> You progress (in the way defined by the game's developers) -> you unlock more content. That's how video games work. That's how they've always worked! That's what I expect when I pick up a video game! That's what most people expect from a video game. Being locked out of some content until you progress sufficiently is just a consequence of that! Giving a new player everything in the game from the very start makes for a rather boring game!

I would expect that new players would feed it resources they can't afford yet and would subsume warframes they would still have difficulty re-farming. Making them progress a little bit more would allow them to gain a little more in-game experience and and would give them time to figure out what resources/items are hard/easy to obtain. They can choose to rush that progression - but that would be their fault!

I'm sure DE would happily allow him to do the MR7 test as soon as he is willing (assuming he has enough gear levelled)! And the MR8 test the day after (assuming he passes the MR7 one on his first try). I'm pretty sure that as far as DE is concerned, he is welcome to be MR30 in just 24 days' time! Nobody is stopping him except himself!

I've seen people complaining about all sorts of ridiculous things - that does not mean these things should be immediately removed from the game!

Ok so again what possible harm would be done if there was no NW acts locked behind MR?
Would you me or any1 else lose anything if that would happen?

Sounds to me like you are happy that seller care to shove you extra stuff like snickers or extended warranty or another debet card just so you can try new stuff
I dont see a problem in showing a player that there is some different content in the game 
I see big problem in locking rewards for new players who want to progress behind things they most likely dont want or cant atm do
I dont like animal captures i dont do them simple i dont ask for their removal i dont give a F about them
But when players need JUST FOR EXAMPLE nitains and they are locked out of possibility to get them and FEEL forced to do something they dont want to get them
Thats not good game design we all here want BETTER CONTENT and not artificially forcing us to like some content

There will be no better lesson not to put ur hand into fire other than big burn on ur hand
I wasted allot mods on credits before i realized how easy is to farm credits and how hard is to farm endo (at beginning)
Everyone needs to learn on their skin value of resources kinda in same way if you have invasion catalyst vs reactor you need to do some calculation before you realize you will potato more weapons than warframes before you understand what to choose

We are talking here about nightwave and not MR tests

I agree just because i dont like you (in reality i love u <3) should not mean u should be banned from forums
But you see i can just ignore you hit that magic button and puff ur gone for me but if that button would not exist would coming to this forum be such enjoyable experience u think?

I just want to say forcing player to do content he/she dont want is not the way
I learned how to do animal captures just because it was on NW and i wanted to have empty list of acts to do and that was my only reason
Do you think now that i can do captures without any effort i do them just for fun for standing or for NW? Well i just let you guess
Ive seen here ppl not touching profit taker while i love her while i hate eidolons but others do love them but none of us should decide for profit or eidolons to be removed
But we have every right to ask not to have them in NW as a content we dont want to do because this content is boring stupid or just not fun at all to us

Look bottom line issue here is like this
NO ONE would be hurt if we had different acts that require us to do different task not locked behind MR and no1 would come to demand to bring back acts which locks anything behind MR so defending it now looks just stupid

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

Look bottom line issue here is like this
NO ONE would be hurt if we had different acts that require us to do different task not locked behind MR and no1 would come to demand to bring back acts which locks anything behind MR so defending it now looks just stupid

Irrelevant to the main premise and does not fall within the OP's argument. Whether or not MR should be abandoned and left to a new system is a another discussion in of itself. However it would need to be as flexible if not more flexible than MR if people were to complain about doing x activity rather than achieving a certain MR

6 hours ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

I choose to not be Mr 8

You lose significant power in this discussion as your unwillingness to engage with the game's Mastery system is not a problem of inability or self-inflicted challenge but of arrogance.

Ideally, the mastery system at this point of the game does not show your linear progression of power but your mastery of all the tools the game have given you and the ability to use those tools effectively.

Your unwillingness to pursue growth is what keeps you from achieving your wants not the system itself

Personally, I find MR9 the cutoff point for when the mastery system loses it's meaning and MR16-20 is when most people naturally stop looking to rank up

Consider yourself lucky that the original MR requirement for helminth was not enacted

Archived