Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove MR locked nightwave standing.

Stalker_says_hello

And just to reiterate, you not liking something doesn’t stop it from being what it is.

Mastery rank is a progression system. You say “it doesn’t make you anymore powerful.” That is false.

Take the Braton. Put a max level serration on it. Shoot something.

Now, take the Braton prime. Put a max level serration on it. Shoot something.

That disparity? That’s progression. Prime weapons are inherently more powerful than non prime weapons. If everyone unlocked every weapon at MR1, what would be the point of all the Mr0-9 items? 

They would just be noob traps, utterly inferior weapons there wasn’t any point in building.

Mastery rank is a progression system, wether you understand it or not.

8 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

First of all, if you are too lazy to get from MR6 to MR8, then you won't be happy to grind Rank 3 in Deimos affinity, grind affinity needed to buy the Helminth parth, grind the resources needed to build Helminth part. But what is the harm if we reduce that to 0 as well?

Hell, what harm would it be if we had a giant button that gives us everything in the game right after we installed?

But I can answer you the question "who would lose anything on that": The developers would lose, because their game is no longer played for 3k hours, but only for 3 hours maybe. A lot of energy to play a game comes from a sense of progression. You can easily test this by using cheatcodes for a game. Once you have enabled all weapons or highest level, your will to play will diminish to nothing very fast.
And I think you should be able to see that a game where 1000s of hours of manpower go into developing it, should not be played for 3 hours only.

A sense of progression is important, because only then it makes sense to stay in the game for longer.

First of all lazy and refusing to do some content which did not penalized you in previous system are 2 different things
If you fail to understand that simple fact i wont even read rest of ur reply so come back when you realize what the problem is here

vor 2 Stunden schrieb vegetosayajin:

Why do you want to replace one terrible system with another terrible system?
Are you in the design guild "Let's fuk gamers all the time with the worse ideas!"?
I don't want to remove the mr progression, but change it, because now mr doesn't give you damage(mods do) and really anything, how much time people confuse access to a weapon/frame with the fully modded weapon/frame?
tl;dr change mr to give something in addition to the current gameplay, not just remove it. Something meaningful like the focus system for example but made better.
Yes, you will have access to all the weapons and frames from the get go, but without mods they are the north side of useless, no? You sill have to farm for those mods, level them etc.
And mr can give additions to that - larger enemy radar(on top of the current mods), sprint speed etc things that will not break the game at the first 10-15 ranks and the further you get , it can give more unique capabilities(finishers perform a radial blind or something, more affinity range) and when you get to the last ranks you get innate boosts to something you will choose from a tree of possibilities. And those are just random ideas, not something I though for a long time with a team of 200+ people that can do it if they wanted to.
In short the be a real progression system, not just "I farmed "X amounts of junk stuff" to get to the not so junk that I wanted".

Honestly, and I am willing to bet a large sum on it: If you give larger enemy radar or sprint speed as "progression", there will be forum postings like "Give us more meaningful progression OMG".

But to make a long discussion short. Every designer in the world builds their game around progression. And it super silly to demand otherwise. Maybe levelling weapons is not the best thing to mark progress, but it makes sense: higher beings only let you play with more powerful stuff if you have proven yourself.

And Warframe would be the very first progression based game where you can do everything right from the start. If you had everything from the start, the game would become super boring after a very short time.

2 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

You are getting lost in your ideaology
You want ppl to try different content? Ok cool but you are all in to lock that content behind MR?
So if someone like OP wnat to try that content but refuse to gain more MR you are fine with him being locked out of that content?

Yes.

Refusing to interact with the core progression system in a game, kind of explicitly precludes you from engaging with the game as intended.

Refusing to gain MR is handicapping yourself, and the devs shouldn’t be forced to design content around the possibility that people are intentionally handicapping themselves.

Some content is for new players, some content is for established players, but here’s the kicker, new players are only new players for a short amount of time. A new player eventually becomes an established player.

So making content for established players tend to be far more economical. Because it’s experienced by players who are actively engaged with your game.

And to the people who choose to handicap themselves? Oh well, that make up a tiny % of players that won’t get to experience that content.

So yes, I do think people that refuse to participate in the progression systems of games should miss out on things locked behind said progression system.

50 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

Ok, tell me what new lore gave you mr10? mr11? mr23? mr16? What new things unfolded before you story wise once you finished the test?
Did the Lotus fly to you in a bright light and told all you wanted to know? Did mr24 answered anything new? 

I agree MR ranks could give more real rewards, like radar and the other most stupid stats noone would usually care unless needed for certain self-imposed requirements.

1 hour ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

It's actually even more hilarious than that! Once the OP realised he's not getting any sympathy in this thread, he actually made a duplicate one to see if he gets a different answer there!

He remade it 'cause someone here suggested to do it in feedback section. Stop assuming for a second.

I agree for everything you said about his choice to not want do it and face consequences. 

However I have something to point out about a bunch of points you made:

Going from MR6 to MR8 in this case can take longer time or no-time based on how the player is playing, there are players that slowly increase MR while keeping every frame/weapon, so to progress further you have to get platinum and needed slots, playing that way I am at MR17, but unlike OP I never complained if I was locked behind while my MR was lower.
I don't wanna go check how many MR points are needed from 6 to 8, but even by selling already maxed stuff you need build new weapons/warframes, and that takes 1 to 3 day, ofc a smart player will try build more at same time to not increase that time requirement even further.

-I also had to rank up fortuna for Profit-Taker and even made a good build for it, but I personally wanted try it 'cause I simply wanted do it, not 'cause it was a requirement for that nightwave series. People have to try other content 'cause they need be curious about it, not 'cause a battle-pass system force them do it. This way they will probably easily hate that other content if it will be not fun, 'cause they will need do it each time that nw act appears.

I personally think considering most of nightwave acts have no MR limit, DE needs either put a limit to each act or remove them entirely, this helminth one is like the "Donate to Leverian" but with an MR limit some new (and non-new) players with MR< 8 ofc will not enjoy.

The funny thing is they put this new act this series 'cause they just had no idea what new act add but still wanted add new ones 'cause players wanted more (they even did a bad job adding them 'cause it's the 2nd time in a row some new ones have the standing reward bugged), they surely could added more interesting act instead of this one and some others we currently have.

I don't defend the OP in this case, but the topic he made still opened a space to discuss about MR and nightwave current systems and it's not a bad thing at all considering both might need some tweaks.

8 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

And since many NW acts dont require specific MR why there should be any that do?

I agree, I'm personally past those MR limits but I can see they have no reason to exist for NW, considering you could get all rewards from alerts by just playing them when dropeed or having someone do them for you,
you just needed have all planets unlocked, not a certain MR which doesn't even prove who "masterered" the game (hilarious) and who didn't, but more like who spent most time in ESO levelling stuff. Ofc people who crafted more played more and can potentially have more mastery on the game, but there can be people like me with lower MR but foundry full of primed arsenal ready to be used when there is a chance.

So yeah current MR system really bad executed

vor 5 Minuten schrieb ZeroX4:

First of all lazy and refusing to do some content which did not penalized you in previous system are 2 different things
If you fail to understand that simple fact i wont even read rest of ur reply so come back when you realize what the problem is here

The problem is you, mate. Look at it from this side: There was a penalty if you refused to do content (despite you saying that there was not). The penalty is that you cannot use all the content at MR6. If you decide "wow, I don't want to do all the content, I stay at MR6", how exactly is the developer to blame if there is some other content in the future which you cannot play?

It was his decision to cut himself from content and now he is complaining that he is cut from content and this makes sense to you?

This would be the same as in WoW I decide to stay at lvl 5, because I decide that I don't want anything after this level, but then the developers decide that a shiny pointy hat drops from lvl 10 mobs in an expansion and suddenly I start complaining, because "it was my own decision to stay lvl 5, but now I want that lvl 10 thing, so I start this forum post and complain".

I either play a game and accept the games rules or I don't. If I don't, then I am the only one to blame if there are consequences out of that. Are there better meanings of progression? Maybe. Are there more interesting concepts? Maybe. But if that is your opinion, don't play the game.

OP decided (and he wrote that himself) that he decided that MR is pointless. Now he realizes that MR is not as pointless as he thought it would be, so instead of doing some self reflection and leveling from 6 to 8 (which takes what? 1 day, 2 days?), of course he deflects all the blame to everyone but himself.

9 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

The problem is you, mate. Look at it from this side: There was a penalty if you refused to do content (despite you saying that there was not). The penalty is that you cannot use all the content at MR6. If you decide "wow, I don't want to do all the content, I stay at MR6", how exactly is the developer to blame if there is some other content in the future which you cannot play?

It was his decision to cut himself from content and now he is complaining that he is cut from content and this makes sense to you?

This would be the same as in WoW I decide to stay at lvl 5, because I decide that I don't want anything after this level, but then the developers decide that a shiny pointy hat drops from lvl 10 mobs in an expansion and suddenly I start complaining, because "it was my own decision to stay lvl 5, but now I want that lvl 10 thing, so I start this forum post and complain".

I either play a game and accept the games rules or I don't. If I don't, then I am the only one to blame if there are consequences out of that. Are there better meanings of progression? Maybe. Are there more interesting concepts? Maybe. But if that is your opinion, don't play the game.

OP decided (and he wrote that himself) that he decided that MR is pointless. Now he realizes that MR is not as pointless as he thought it would be, so instead of doing some self reflection and leveling from 6 to 8 (which takes what? 1 day, 2 days?), of course he deflects all the blame to everyone but himself.

You would be right if DE put those new acts with MR limit on "purpose", but if you know DE, they just had to quick think add new acts without considering the consequences those new chosen acts would have brought. So pointing it out, and maybe having DE actually "think about it" with chance they would agree if they only analized that act before putting it in is totally fair.

Also me and other people who are past those MR limit really don't mind if new players can access them if they want. It's not like they will steal your wife if DE lets them do those acts!

Whoever is against is just selfish unless they will face a similar wall in other circumstances

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Radu10:

You would be right if DE put those new acts with MR limit on "purpose", but if you know DE, they just had to quick think add new acts without considering the consequences those new chosen acts would have brought. So pointing it out, and maybe having DE actually "think about it" with chance they would agree if they only analized that act before putting it in is totally fair.

And me and other people who are past those MR limit really don't mind if new players can access them if they want. It's not like they will steal your wife if DE lets them do those acts!

Is Warframe perfect? No.
Do you know any perfect game? No

It is their game, their decisions, they let you play for free.
I would love you to invite me to your house and all I do is complain about how you could have done XYZ better.

I was there from day 1. And I firmly believe they had a game design in mind, but they did not think 8 years ahead at that time. Because of this, they have many, many compromises to make. Believe me, if they could start Warframe 2, a lot of those problems would not exist, because they would have learned from their mistakes. But this is not Warframe 2, they have to decide "do I put my ressources into the new player experience, do I re-write my entire progression system which kept thousands of players for years or do I create new content?"

I know, I sound bitter sometimes, but the amount of entitled complaints in the internet is really getting to me. There are people who think day in, day out how to make a great player experience and their customers treat them like they are forced to play the game.
The developers have targets as well. This might include slowing down progress so that you are not done with the game in 1 week/month/year, maybe some enemies are frustrating, because they want you to have a challenge and sometimes locking something that you really want behind a lot of obstacles or a paywall to keep you in the game and make some bucks out of it. This might sound unfair to you, but they have a business to run. And it is good for us, too. Because as long as the player numbers are high, the business is paying the bills, we get more content and more time in the game that we love.

At the end of the day, watch the movie "Matrix". They already tried giving humans all they want, but this did not lead to content, it lead to frustration and anger.

21 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Can we experience the game as we want and not as u wish us for? Pretty please?

Absolutely! As long as that does not go against the developers' intent. Because... you know... they are the ones developing the game and deciding its direction! It would seem that staying at MR6 does contradict their intent - hence some things are locked behind higher MR.

27 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

If i want play only with melee weapons not touching guns can i do so please?

Sure, go for it! But that self-imposed limitation will have consequences for what you can and cannot achieve in-game. And once you are faced with these consequences, don't come crying on the forums expecting sympathy! Because you won't get it! Either rethink your self-imposed restrictions or accept the unintended limitations  they are imposing.

33 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Again problem is not with him refusing to progress problem is with him being able to play as he like and get rewards in previous system and in new one he is locked out of SOME rewards

The alert system ended 2 years ago (or was it longer?). It's gone. Forget about it! Things evolve, and so did Warframe. The "new" system you are referring to is really not very new by video game standards any more! He wants to still have some self-imposed restrictions? Great! But he's the one who needs to adapt his restrictions to what's currently in the game, not the other way around!

44 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

So if someone like OP wnat to try that content but refuse to gain more MR you are fine with him being locked out of that content?

Yes! It is OK for more advanced content to require in-game progression in order to access it. That's how all video games work! And MR is the designated type of in-game progression.

Let me break the concept down for you:

1. You notice that there exists some content
  2. You think "hey, this looks kinda cool!"
  3. You check the requirements for accessing said content (syndicate standing/MR/having certain weapon, frame or resource, etc.)
  4. You fulfill those requirements
  5. You enjoy the content

This is the the normal gameplay loop. Two examples of this were described in detail in this thread alone (Profit Taker for myself, Liches for Dunkelheit). In both cases, Nightwave served as the source of the first step. And that first step is necessary - otherwise how will you know to do the other four?

This is not "showing content in people's faces". This is just "advertising content". Nothing wrong with that.

57 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Again you fail to understand difference between I WANT THAT just because i want it and i refuse to work for it
With in previous system i could get that without a problem now with new system im locked out from it just because i want to experience this game in a different way

Same as above

You really dont understand what you are talking about and now Extermination?
We are talking about the fact he was able to participate in previous game reward system with his unique gameplay style
Now with new one he is locked out of it at some point

When you will understand the difference between that 2 things?

The alerts system is gone. Dead and buried. Not coming back. Either adapt or get left behind!

Alerts might have been better for people who have some arbitrary self-imposed gameplay restrictions, but NW is better for people who need to have a life outside of Warframe - which is a restriction that is neither arbitrary nor self-imposed. So good riddance!

15 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

The developers would lose, because their game is no longer played for 3k hours, but only for 3 hours maybe. [...] And I think you should be able to see that a game where 1000s of hours of manpower go into developing it, should not be played for 3 hours only.

Warframe has an "median hours played" of 6 and a half hours on Steam. (https://steamdb.info/app/230410/graphs/)

This means that 50% of all the accounts that ever played this game on Steam played for less than 7 hours ever. I would estimate that 80-90% of all the accounts ever created play this game for less than 150-200 hours. The average total playtime is around 140 hours. If you play this game for 3k hours you are an outlier, not an average player.

All those progression systems that are meant to keep you "engaged" for 3k hours are not even played by most.

Why? My opinion: because the progression systems in this game get repetitive and boring fast. It's fun to meme about calling the game "Grindframe", and "you better love grinding, lol" etc. but the play stats indicate most players just quit this game around the time they played all the quests and tried a couple WFs. Progression by itself never solves engagement, players need to have fun first. If it's not fun playing anymore, progression systems do nothing.

47 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

He remade it 'cause someone here suggested to do it in feedback section. Stop assuming for a second.

Actually, I'm not assuming! He himself stated in that thread that he made it because he wants it to go viral (it's on that thread's first page). So you seem to be giving him a bit too much credit.

49 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Going from MR6 to MR8 in this case can take longer time or no-time based on how the player is playing, there are players that slowly increase MR while keeping every frame/weapon,

The OP implied that he was already playing at MR6 when the Alert system was still on. That was at least 2 years ago. Gaining 80K standing in 2 years (even with limitations you are describing) is really not difficult. Actually, it would be more difficult NOT to gain that much standing while actively playing for that long! And if he was on an extended hiatus - then he should expect the game to have changed while he was away.

54 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

People have to try other content 'cause they need be curious about it, not 'cause a battle-pass system force them do it.

NW does not force people to do the new content - it reminds/tells people that this new content exists. Nothing wrong with that!

55 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

The funny thing is they put this new act this series 'cause they just had no idea what new act add but still wanted add new ones 'cause players wanted more

Actually, I think they added that new act because they wanted players to engage with the new system (Helminth) - just like the Profit Taker act being there because DE want people to occasionally do some Profit Taker bounties. And anything involving the Helminth would have been locked behind MR 8.

26 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

Is Warframe perfect? No.
Do you know any perfect game? No

It is their game, their decisions, they let you play for free.
I would love you to invite me to your house and all I do is complain about how you could have done XYZ better.

I was there from day 1. And I firmly believe they had a game design in mind, but they did not think 8 years ahead at that time. Because of this, they have many, many compromises to make. Believe me, if they could start Warframe 2, a lot of those problems would not exist, because they would have learned from their mistakes. But this is not Warframe 2, they have to decide "do I put my ressources into the new player experience, do I re-write my entire progression system which kept thousands of players for years or do I create new content?"

I know, I sound bitter sometimes, but the amount of entitled complaints in the internet is really getting to me. There are people who think day in, day out how to make a great player experience and their customers treat them like they are forced to play the game.
The developers have targets as well. This might include slowing down progress so that you are not done with the game in 1 week/month/year, maybe some enemies are frustrating, because they want you to have a challenge and sometimes locking something that you really want behind a lot of obstacles or a paywall to keep you in the game and make some bucks out of it. This might sound unfair to you, but they have a business to run. And it is good for us, too. Because as long as the player numbers are high, the business is paying the bills, we get more content and more time in the game that we love.

At the end of the day, watch the movie "Matrix". They already tried giving humans all they want, but this did not lead to content, it lead to frustration and anger.

I also play for a long time and I am sure tons of choices and issues generated right after weren't expected at all, not compromises. We can agree by saying there are both compromises and unexpected issues in the game atm.

28 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

I also do not agree with the OP complain (but also I'm not against it, just neutral), I just used this topic as a chance do discuss the tweaks both NW and MR rank systems may need. DE can still consider this for the future of this game considering we are still in a beta, and we PC players are like unpayed beta-testers!

Ofc If I saw someone complaining about the Hydrolist capture act I will be against it, 'cause the system behind unlocking operator and access the eidolon hunt is good enough and worth it (playing story)

So it's not like if people are neutral or agree to OPs, DE will start giving everything for free to players with no difficulty and such; if people will start move too close that direction, showing disagreement in their topics will be understandable and I will be there myself on your "side", this time not entirely, even if OP still have some blame in this one (and probably will still be able clean that act before week/whole series ends)

vor 40 Minuten schrieb Radu10:

Whoever is against is just selfish unless they will face a similar wall in other circumstances

But.. didn't we all face the same wall of MR Lock.
We all started with MR 0. We all couldn't instantly unlock everything in the game.
And most of the players choose to overcome the burden, instead of asking someone else to remove the wall.

16 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Actually, I'm not assuming! He himself stated in that thread that he made it because he wants it to go viral (it's on that thread's first page). So you seem to be giving him a bit too much credit.

Yeah but never stated he did a 2nd post 'cause of that statement, so it's still an assumption unless he says with his own words the reason why.

The OP implied that he was already playing at MR6 when the Alert system was still on. That was at least 2 years ago. Gaining 80K standing in 2 years (even with limitations you are describing) is really not difficult. Actually, it would be more difficult NOT to gain that much standing while actively playing for that long! And if he was on an extended hiatus - then he should expect the game to have changed while he was away.

Yeah I made an example, don't know the OP story, just pointed out levelling MR time requirement can differ a bit based on how people plays and how many stuff they build at the same day.

Actually, I think they added that new act because they wanted players to engage with the new system (Helminth) - just like the Profit Taker act being there because DE want people to occasionally do some Profit Taker bounties. And anything involving the Helminth would have been locked behind MR 8.

"I think" doesn't help in a point defending DE's choices, but considering how many times they really did stuff without thinking consequences and then have to repair it supports more my theory.

Convincing people do Profit-Taker is a lot simpler, just tell them they unlock archgun on normal missions! (an actual gameplay change).

It's working already considering on public I always manage to find a squad for it (even prepared for it most of the time); no need push people do it with a NW act trick

2 minutes ago, Volcombrot said:

But.. didn't we all face the same wall of MR Lock.
We all started with MR 0. We all couldn't instantly unlock everything in the game.
And most of the players choose to overcome the burden, instead of asking someone else to remove the wall.

Nope I never had a wall to get less rewards from a time period event that replaced alerts.

Can't compare those, 'cause I never said DE has to remove in-game MR requirements, just maybe remove acts involving them in the NW

12 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Absolutely! As long as that does not go against the developers' intent. Because... you know... they are the ones developing the game and deciding its direction! It would seem that staying at MR6 does contradict their intent - hence some things are locked behind higher MR.

Sure, go for it! But that self-imposed limitation will have consequences for what you can and cannot achieve in-game. And once you are faced with these consequences, don't come crying on the forums expecting sympathy! Because you won't get it! Either rethink your self-imposed restrictions or accept the unintended limitations  they are imposing.

The alert system ended 2 years ago (or was it longer?). It's gone. Forget about it! Things evolve, and so did Warframe. The "new" system you are referring to is really not very new by video game standards any more! He wants to still have some self-imposed restrictions? Great! But he's the one who needs to adapt his restrictions to what's currently in the game, not the other way around!

Yes! It is OK for more advanced content to require in-game progression in order to access it. That's how all video games work! And MR is the designated type of in-game progression.

Let me break the concept down for you:

1. You notice that there exists some content
  2. You think "hey, this looks kinda cool!"
  3. You check the requirements for accessing said content (syndicate standing/MR/having certain weapon, frame or resource, etc.)
  4. You fulfill those requirements
  5. You enjoy the content

This is the the normal gameplay loop. Two examples of this were described in detail in this thread alone (Profit Taker for myself, Liches for Dunkelheit). In both cases, Nightwave served as the source of the first step. And that first step is necessary - otherwise how will you know to do the other four?

This is not "showing content in people's faces". This is just "advertising content". Nothing wrong with that.

The alerts system is gone. Dead and buried. Not coming back. Either adapt or get left behind!

Alerts might have been better for people who have some arbitrary self-imposed gameplay restrictions, but NW is better for people who need to have a life outside of Warframe - which is a restriction that is neither arbitrary nor self-imposed. So good riddance!

Lets talk when you understand difference between asking for something that was always beyond your reach
And asking to lower requirements of new system which penalize your gameplay style

Idk you have problem with reading or understanding what i wrote?
I did animal capture for NW ONCE i did not like it i am never touching it again
If i see cool content ill do it if its not cool i wont ever do it even if there are some rewards to get from it
Many ppl are feeling this way but some didnt have that problem before NW

When you learn to look at something from other players perspective instead only from ur own we can have some serious argument here but before talk keep it for ur self

1 hour ago, Dunkelheit said:

Like do you even understand problem here?
When alerts was here OP was fine with his MR and nothing was in his way to get rewards from alerts
When NW came out there was some content like feed helminth that locked OP from it cause of OPs specific gameplay style
Lets not remove NW and bring back alerts lest work on what we have
So if we change feed helminth act for players who did not reach MR required to have it in thier orbiter to something else which dont require specific MR what harm would it do?

You all are advocating for something that would give you anything but can take away something from others idk if you can get anymore selfish?
If someone want to play this way why are you me or any1 else to judge should he get anything or not?

If most of NW acts dont require specific MR why should any?

And there are ppl who dont do specific content even when they are fully prepared for it like eidolons i have over 200 tricaps i think but im not doing it anymore from few years already so argument that someone is locking himself out of content because he dont want to progress is just flawd

You can meet every requirement for the content be prepared and armed up the teeth and still dont do it
Simple MR lock wont make you love some content you dont like and on top of that if majority of current acts in NW dont require specific MR none should

And plz be serious if you think by putting any reward behind something someone dont like will make them like it you should not tell others how they should experience content of a game

Just now, Serafim_94 said:

"Feed the Helminth" needs to go. It's on the same level of stupid as "gild a modular weapon" and "apply a forma". Both force vets to go out of their way for absolutely no benefit. Might as well add "reroll a riven" challenge while we're at it.

Yeah you made the right examples, I upvote this.

Imagine a NW act "sell item for 30 plat" or "buy it for 30", we are moving really close to this direction lol

2 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Yeah but never stated he did a 2nd post 'cause of that statement, so it's still an assumption unless he says with his own words the reason.

That thread, 9th post from the top:

Question (by another user, quoted by OP): "Why did you need to make a second topic about this?"

Answer (by OP): "This needs to go viral"

Not really sure how else you can interpret this...

6 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Yeah I made an example, don't know the OP story, just pointed out levelling MR time requirement can differ a bit based on how people plays and how many stuff they build at the same day.

True. but 80K standing in TWO YEARS? That's levelling 1 item per MONTH! This is not about how much you build per day - it's how much you build per year!

11 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

"I think" doesn't help in a point defending DE's choices, but considering how many times they really did stuff without thinking consequences and then have to repair it supports more my theory.

We can only guess either way - unless DE explicitly confirm something. Just because some of the things they do get screwed up, doesn't mean you should assume everything they do is a mistake.

Gerade eben schrieb Radu10:

Nope I never had a wall to get less rewards from a time period event that replaced alerts.

Can't compare those, 'cause I never said DE has to remove in-game MR requirements, just maybe remove acts involving them in the NW

OK, then a similar wall:
I once had an alarm I couldn't complete, because my mods were to low. I did not deal enough damage, because the enemies had a level way to high.
I missed out on a potato.
I also missed that potato, because I refused to play with randoms, because I hate being carried by others. I missed it, because of how I decided to play the game in the beginning.

And I also missed out on some Vauban parts, because I hadn't unlocked the Star Chart yet.
So, because I "refused" to progress in the game far enough, I was locked out of some content, until I got to that point in the game.

The only thing the author missed out on was 1.5k Nightwave Standing. He did not miss "THE WHOLE NIGHTWAVE". The missed 1.5k. That is a daily mission.
Yes, maybe it is bugged and will reward 4.5k in the future.
You can farm 2*7k=14k from the two "Elite Weekly". You can farm 5*4.5k=22.5k from the weekly challenges. And you can farm 7k from the daily challenges. (Estimated. Yes, sometimes dailys give 1.5k).
That makes 14k+22.5k+7k = 43.5k per Week in Nightwave.

That means he missed out on ~3.5% of the weekly Nightwave Standing. Or  ~10%, if it really will be worth 4.5k.

And he can STILL just progress in the game to get MR 8, get the Helminth System and recover that mission to get the Standing for it.
So he does not even loose it "forever". He only does so, if he chooses to "stand his ground" and not level up, even though he looses exactly nothing by doing so.

15 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

And asking to lower requirements of new system which penalize your gameplay style

"staying at a low MR" is not a "gameplay style". It is a refusal to engage with one of the game's core progression systems. And refusing to engage with the game's core progression system is something that gets penalised in any video game! If you want to do it as a self-imposed challenge - do it! But any self-imposed challenge will end up limiting you in one way or another - expect that to happen and don't come crying on the forums when it does!

24 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Idk you have problem with reading or understanding what i wrote?
I did animal capture for NW ONCE i did not like it i am never touching it again
If i see cool content ill do it if its not cool i wont ever do it even if there are some rewards to get from it
Many ppl are feeling this way but some didnt have that problem before NW

Ok, so you refuse to engage with the conservation system in Warframe. That is your choice and you absolutely do have the right. Are you saying that you should still be given the rewards for it? Because that's what the OP is saying.

All you are saying is that the alerts worked better with the set of arbitrary restrictions you've set yourself. Well, times have changed, the game has evolved, and so should your restriction have! Adapt or you'll get left behind!

TL DR - OP came back to Warframe after not playing for a long time and believes he's entitled to all the same stuff as loyal players who've remained with the game for years. OP has no concept of loyalty rewards I guess. Warframe is a grinding simulator, if you don't want to grind then I would suggest trying other games that you can enjoy more.

18 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

That thread, 9th post from the top:

Question (by another user, quoted by OP): "Why did you need to make a second topic about this?"

Answer (by OP): "This needs to go viral"

Not really sure how else you can interpret this...

Idk, maybe I really need people upvote and keep this topic alive? That also counts as making it viral...

So yours is still an assumption on how he inteded this be viral.

19 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

True. but 80K standing in TWO YEARS? That's levelling 1 item per MONTH! This is not about how much you build per day - it's how much you build per year!

Yeah OP messed up that one, I made that example in general, 'cause there's surely people in the situation I made an example of, and they would've more approving from me than this OP.

21 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

We can only guess either way - unless DE explicitly confirm something. Just because some of the things they do get screwed up, doesn't mean you should assume everything they do is a mistake.

Never said everything it's bad and a mistake, just the things that not look well thought, even if nobody still didn't pointed it out.

And we are all doing "feedback" here, so it's good anyway.

Archived