Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Survival Mission Option Idea! Turn off Life Support Capsules! (Option after Mission Cleared)

XJR15

it'd be too easy:

even with a non-meta setup, a competent player could easily go for an hour or so, and nowadays most players have access to builds that scale well (Condition Overload, armour stripping etc.). there simply wouldn't be any challenge, which is fine if that's not what you're looking for; I'd personally enjoy being able to just chill out and kill enemies indiscriminately without consequence, but it would get boring eventually, and the LS system isn't bad as long as RNG doesn't get stingy with the drops (which it sometimes does).

On 2021-02-21 at 11:22 AM, Butterfly85 said:

Cool. Can't see this being any issue at all, what with survival missions routinely bugging out and enemies stop dropping life support and all that. 🙃

And as if to prove my point, steel path, last night, casually doing 100+ kills per minute with Baruuk and all of a sudden at the 15 minute mark crap stops dropping until I had to go use a tower. And no, I wasnt just camping down the end of a hallway either, I keep going back and forth according to where stuff come up on my radar.

On 2021-02-21 at 2:44 AM, XJR15 said:

An option for Survival Missions, like the Steel Path option and Normal path option for the Star Chart.

The option would be to turn off the Life Support Capsules on the Mission after you have already cleared it.

This would make Survival Missions more fun as a whole and for maxed level Warframes and teams to play on Survival Missions for fun until Death (All revives used up) or until you want to quit.

As opposed to the Life Support Capsules always ruining the fun - this way you would have to overcome all the enemies or die trying this would be really fun for this game it should definetely be added as it would prolong the longevity and health of the game as a whole like the Steel Path for replayability  when players just want mess around / test their warframes mettle against a large amount of enemies.

Thoughts?

Please constructive feedback only please!

So basically, you want a mission that you can find a place to hid in that enemies literally can't get to you (which there are tons of those areas in most tilesets) to attack you, turn on a macro to avoid the AFK timer and have it run around for 8 hours at you get rewards for doing absolutely nothing?

Because that is what that would quickly turn into.
People would find a camping spot enemies can't reach and would just sit there literally forever with zero risk of being attacked and would just passively collect rewards every 5 minutes without having to lift a finger.
Hek a limbo with a simple "run in large circles in this room" macro would be able to get infinite rewards for zero effort...

That is very much against DEs philosophy.  I mean they cracked down on something similar when people used to abuse the increased enemy spawns during captures when the capture target was "engaged" and would down the capture target then go 1+ hours farming resources from enemies that would never level up.  They put a stop to that quite quickly...and I just see the exact same thing happening here.

15 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

i have an idea, lets make survival missions about SURVIVAL, not "can i breath still?", i say they should just ramp up in difficulty as time goes on alot steeper and with no cap like disruption, surviving should be the goal of a survival mission.

Please tell me: What would be the incentive to actually engage with the enemies?
What would be the point of killing them since the rewards are purely timebased?
I mean what could possibly convince me to not put a macro limbo into one of those missions, go to bed, and then collect the rewards in the morning?

The reason SO/ESO/Survival has a meter that depletes that you get back by killing enemies is to force you to engage with the enemies on the level instead of ignorring them and passively getting rewarded for it.

A mission where its just "Don't die against infinite enemies while you get rewards every 5 minutes" turns into "Be a limbo or hide in a corner for infinite rewards!"

Even if the mission had a "Kill X enemies for next reward" it just turns into "Hide in closet enemies literally can't get into; kill them with AoE powers and weapons (which can again be set on macro usage with a limbo and his constant energy regen); get infinite rewards as the game plays itself!"  I mean the whole reason defense has a something to defend is to give a possible failstate that the player has to protect and interact with and can't just hide somewhere for hours upon hours.

People already afk farm survivals, because the only thing you have to do to succeed in survival is get enough life support and a single player is enough to do that.
There is no system in place where you can succeed more if you're good at it in survival. Like a Capture for example. If you're good at Capture, you do it faster and therefore can open more relics faster. In a Survival you always get a reward/open a relic every 5 minutes and there is nothing you can do to go faster or get more rewards.

However it seems that DE's design philosophy is more about punishing cleverness than rewarding it. Therefore you get AFK farmers and nerfs upon nerfs upon nerfs.

IDK how you manage to even thing its a good idea, but in fact you can just remove life support usage by yourself by simply not activating the capsule.

As someone who likes to do 6 hours runs with friends, capsules end up being almost useless because they dont spawn enough to help AND having to go to pick them its damn terrible, so no need to even thinker with them, also if you can survive a 6 hours survival, its not like you will be challenged at all.

For this is a "dont fix what its not broken" thing. Leave it be, and if you want to be challenged, go to MOT on steelpath, solo, and try to survive, even with capsules I can guarantee that you wont be surviving more than 2 hours.

On 2021-02-21 at 2:20 AM, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Everyone understands op wrong.. 

OP means removing the survival aspect of capsules and towers and just SURVIVE against the enemy. 

Basically like defense without a defense objective. 

Just endless waves of enemies without having to worry about life support. 

yeah like a fun mode to do with friends because there is not enough replayable content that is remotely challenging in the game. in this case if people dont like the mode they can just toggle it off like steel path where as the people that do can toggle it on, i personally would as i play survival ALOT for replayability and fun in steel path with maxed level warframes i have.

so yeah thanks for seeing my point in this case i hope the devs consider it as i made a proposal like these before steel path came out for a difficulty mode selection and thankfully they did put in one its called the steel path like 6 months after the proposal so thank you! be safe! <3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-02-22 at 5:59 PM, Joezone619 said:

i have an idea, lets make survival missions about SURVIVAL, not "can i breath still?", i say they should just ramp up in difficulty as time goes on alot steeper and with no cap like disruption, surviving should be the goal of a survival mission.

yea! i personally like playing with guns and testing and trying new guns and playing for fun since i maxed out my favorite warframes , etc. and, with the current balance gunplay can make u lose capsule air really fast unless u focus melee and use that since they are more balanced than guns right now in steel path. in other words, the devs for this game need to make a pass on survival missions like how they did for the game as a whole by adding ( + ) Steel Path which revitalized the game as a whole.

in other words doing subtraction in a game design sense isnt productive, if u guys see the productivity of this idea u will see its simple addition not something like we need to subtract something from the game that would only benefit. its a win win situation.

u can still do life support survival in the meantime. but when u enlight, u can do the survival missions with no life support requirement. to the negative nancys out there that dont understand / agree to a simple idea thats productive (like kindergarten basic addition to the game) for a game like this since it only adds to it not it takes from it.

in this case the fun of players that just want to have fun.

tldr

add this idea devs to make the game more fun.

its a no-lose, win-win situation for people that like having fun. like the gunplay balance thats inevitably coming like the steel path update. to bring guns on par with melee on steel path.

EDIT: Oh and as a bonus for playing in this mode it can give +50%  credit gain on normal mode +100% credit gain in steel path mode.

GG

19 hours ago, XJR15 said:

EDIT: Oh and as a bonus for playing in this mode it can give +50%  credit gain on normal mode +100% credit gain in steel path mode.

If I understand correctly, the suggestion is to run survival without the gear check aspect (having to kill enemies fast enough / bring a Nekros so that life support is maintained). As far as I can tell, this only makes the mode easier, so why does it give a reward? Would you be skipping out on the 5-minute rewards?

As far as I can tell, the closest thing to what you're looking for is Arbitration Defense:

• No time limit.
  • You just need a way to keep arbitration guy safe.
  • Arbitration guy follows you anywhere, lots of ways to keep him safe. Vazarin/healing/shield generation etc. I like banishing him with Limbo, personally.
  • Death is permanent (ish), so survival is even more important than in actual survival.
  • Guns are very necessary to hit arbitration drones. I spend most of my time in arbitration firing guns over using abilities or meleeing.

Second way to have infinite survival assuming you don't care too much about interval rewards: Do excavation. After protecting just one excavator, you can extract at any time. Stay as long as you feel like after that, maybe pretend it's Kuva survival by actually protecting excavators now and then.

Archived