Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Upcoming Ducat Price Changes

[DE]Rebecca

Will this affect prime accessories and prime noggles for those frames? Or will there be a system where the frames available via railjack rotate back and forth into a proper prime access unvault and back again while another takes their place and so on? So they're permanently available but sometimes as relic drops where unvaults always drop and sometimes in railjack, but always available. 

2 minutes ago, exturkconner said:

So I mean. When this was talked about Ash prime was named dropped and I think most of it thought you'd rotate the pool now and then to keep it fresh. But you are saying permanant? So change of plans I guess? Seems pretty lame.

Ash Prime was not name dropped, Ash was.

And they said when they first talked about this that it would be permanent. 

40 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Valkyr Prime Chassis: from 100 to 65 Ducats
- Valkyr Prime Systems: from 100 to 65 Ducats
- Scindo Prime Handle: from 45 to 25 Ducats
- Cernos Prime String: from 45 to 25 Ducats

Since the rarities are changing, that means:

• Valkyr Prime will be the second Prime Warframe in the game who doesn't have a single component as Rare (3 Uncommons, 1 Common). The first being Trinity Prime (2 Uncommons, 2 Commons).
  • Cernos Prime: 1 Rare (Lower Limb), 2 Uncommons (BP, Grip), and 2 Commons (String, Upper Limb)
  • Scindo Prime: 1 Rare (Blade), 1 Uncommon (BP), 1 Common (Handle)

Rarity changes are always great. I remember how half of Vauban Prime since his Unvaulting back in 2019 made it so that only two parts are Rare instead of all parts.

6 minutes ago, Larena said:

Ash Prime was not name dropped, Ash was.

And they said when they first talked about this that it would be permanent. 

I mean...the topic was frames they were going to add that were vaulted so you grasp that saying Ash not Ash Prime is just being super obnoxious for no reason yeah? And they said it was going to be a permanant means of getting them. Not that it was going to be two frames forever. But thanks all the same. Your response clearly brought a lot to the conversation.

49 minutes ago, --TL--Sui said:

Nice. What about their Prime Accessories, will they be brought by other frames' unvaultings? And will there be some way to get the Valkyr Prime Glyph? or is the glyph now unavailable forever.

Should be a permanent addition to market place for $ imo. Also so should the rest of the vaulted then unvaulted then vaulted accessories of the past

53 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

As we are permanently adding Valkyr Prime + her accompanying Prime weapon Relics and Nyx Prime + her accompanying Prime weapon Relics to Corpus Railjack missions, we must adjust some of the Ducat selling prices as their Rarities will change in the next Update.

This sounds a lot like there won't be a a proper regular rotation in the RJ Primes, is this true? A long time ago (about 1.5 years ago) you spoke about changes to the Prime Vault and, to quote from this thread

it was said

On 2019-08-19 at 4:43 PM, [DE]Megan said:

with more Primes entering the Vault with each new Prime Access, a change is certainly welcome.

There is a serious need in increased cadence of Prime unvaultings. I had hoped that the RJ relics would alleviate the situation properly, but this thread makes me very doubtful.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno,

As we are permanently adding Valkyr Prime + her accompanying Prime weapon Relics and Nyx Prime + her accompanying Prime weapon Relics to Corpus Railjack missions, we must adjust some of the Ducat selling prices as their Rarities will change in the next Update.

Our goal is to provide you with advance warning if you wanted to get the most Ducats for these items if you had them in your inventory. In another way, this also provides warning that these items are coming back (Relics found in Railjack) for those of you who may have missed it! 

Cheers, Tenno!

Hey Reb, thanks.

But what will be done about Prime Accessories for frames that are permanently added to Corpus Railjack? 

30 minutes ago, exturkconner said:

So I mean. When this was talked about Ash prime was name dropped and I think most of us thought you'd rotate the pool now and then to keep it fresh. But you are saying it's permanant? So change of plans I guess? Seems pretty lame.

Why would you want them to rotate? 

That just continues the silly vaulting issue. Rotating stuff in and out might as well be vaulting. 

Better that more and more old primes are given some kind of permanent farming spot within the game. 

Rotations are why we are in this mess in the first place. 

28 minutes ago, exturkconner said:

I mean...the topic was frames they were going to add that were vaulted so you grasp that saying Ash not Ash Prime is just being super obnoxious for no reason yeah? And they said it was going to be a permanant means of getting them. Not that it was going to be two frames forever. But thanks all the same. Your response clearly brought a lot to the conversation.

Whoosh. It wasn't just about adding vaulted stuff, but stuff that had historically been horribly grindy. Ash, which drops from certain maniacs that have annoying spawn chances, was an example. Ash Prime had nothing to do with the Ash reference. 

Ash moving from Manics to Railjack

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Devstream_152#RAILJACK_3.0:

1 час назад, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

Tenno,

Our goal is to provide you with advance warning if you wanted to get the most Ducats for these items if you had them in your inventory. In another way, this also provides warning that these items are coming back (Relics found in Railjack) for those of you who may have missed it! 

Cheers, Tenno!

Will I be able to get prime Nyx and Valkyrie accessories?

1 hour ago, 60framespersecond said:

This sounds a lot like there won't be a a proper regular rotation in the RJ Primes, is this true? A long time ago (about 1.5 years ago) you spoke about changes to the Prime Vault and, to quote from this thread

it was said

There is a serious need in increased cadence of Prime unvaultings. I had hoped that the RJ relics would alleviate the situation properly, but this thread makes me very doubtful.

I am confused why you are thinking this way, along with those who upvoted you and a few others who made similar comments. 

I'm not being insulting, I just don't understand it. 

I mean, from a perspective of, why are you not doing what we originally thought you planned, okay. 

But why would we WANT prime rotations in RJ drops? 

With all respect, in my opinion, having stuff temporarily rotated out of circulation is exactly the problem with the prime vault issue in the first place. 

If we have rotations of prime rewards in railjack, we aren't finding a permanent/long term home for any of the old prime stuff, we are just creating one more instance in the game where we can rotate a couple primes at time, and with how many new primes are constantly added, a rotation will do nothing to alleviate the problem over time. 

What we need are more and more places where old/older/methuselah primes are given a permanent farming spot within the game. 

With all respect, I think a lot of you are complaining simply because DE didn't do what they said, when what you should be asking is, should they have done what they said? 

And in my opinion, the answer is no, they made the right choice to make it permanent. We need all old primes to have permanent farms, not just a second place to rotate vaulted stuff. 

1 hour ago, PookieNumnums said:

I hope you guys give us mesa primes accessories next vault

Unrelated i know but i nid it

Mesa Prime was only recently vaulted, so I imagine she'll come back in another year or so, perhaps longer.

6 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I am confused why you are thinking this way, along with those who upvoted you and a few others who made similar comments. 

I mean, from a perspective of, why are you not doing what we originally thought you planned, okay. 

With all respect, in my opinion, having stuff temporarily rotated out of circulation is exactly the problem with the prime vault issue in the first place. 

If we have rotations of prime rewards in railjack, we aren't finding a permanent/long term home for any of the old prime stuff, we are just creating one more instance in the game where we can rotate a couple primes at time, and with how many new primes are constantly added, a rotation will do nothing to alleviate the problem over time. 

What we need are more and more places where old/older/methuselah primes are given a permanent farming spot within the game. 

With all respect, I think a lot of you are complaining simply because DE didn't do what they said, when what you should be asking is, should they have done what they said? 

And in my opinion, the answer is no, they made the right choice to make it permanent. We need all old primes to have permanent farms, not just a second place to rotate vaulted stuff. 

I think the issue of contention with this change is if these 2 are permanent, which isn't wholly bad imo, what will happen in regards to obtaining said prime's corresponding glyphs/noggles/accessories for those who never got them as a result of the initial PA or subsequent unvaultings. A fair question/concern I think.

Just now, (PSN)VKPButcher said:

I think the issue of contention with this change is if these 2 are permanent, which isn't wholly bad imo, what will happen in regards to obtaining said prime's corresponding glyphs/noggles/accessories for those who never got them as a result of the initial PA or subsequent unvaultings. A fair question/concern I think.

Now that is a fair concern, I agree. 

If we are going to start adding old primes to the game, whether temporary or permanent, to cut down on the need for unvaultings, what happens to all those prime accessories people are waiting to come back in an unvaulting? That is definitely a question we need a solid answer for. 

21 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I kinda see your point. Adding all Primes permanently would be great. Keep the Unvaults for the accessories    for all I care. But if they wanted to do that, they'd have done it by now. There are so many bad drop tables that could be filled with relics. Putting 2 frames and a couple weapons into RJ is a drop in the bucket.

Then again, the relic system is more or less in a dead-end. And so are Primes in general, incredibly boring. Nothing special, little meaning besides some minor, often irrelevant or even useless, stat increases on frames and mostly plain stat increases, often just minor, on weapons.

So as a band-aid until they can come up with a better system for Primes, I consider weekly relic rotations in RJ a decent approach if they don't want to touch other drop tables.

So the comment regarding "Rarity Change":
Are you referring to the gold rarity changing to silver, or are you referring to how available they are in the upcoming changes?

The only reason I'm asking is because Vauban Prime has Rare Parts that are 65 Ducats and some other permanent Prime Parts, like Braton, have reduced prices and no Rares at all.

Archived