The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Update 29.10.0: Bug Hunting Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

Message added by [DE]Danielle,

Please note: All known and fixed bugs, popular and live feedback, and more are being tracked on our Trello board: https://trello.com/b/K34ACrAu

We will not be updating this forum thread with the above. 

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Finishing RJ mission will lock whole squad in end mission summary screen when a mechwalker was summoned.
  • REPRODUCTION: Summon a mechwalker in RJ mission. But not quite sure who has to summon and where. Maybe it doesn't matter.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: After summary table has loaded, ESC or Exit button to close the summary table.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Whole squad got stuck on mission end/summary screen with no exit besides ALT+F4, happily losing almost all RJ progress.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Seems to happen always when somebody summons a mechwalker.
Edited by Turbo_Trotldyt_R-Zone_64

• DESCRIPTION: After repairing an electrical hazard on my Railjack, the UI was still fizzling (see screenshots) and when I tried to open the tactical menu it told me to repair the electronics first to use, but there was nothing to repair (Full minimap of RJ visible in 1st screenshot). Fizzled UI persisted during the 'recalibrate/overheat reactor' stage (2nd screenshot) and even after successfully finishing the mission and returning home to my dry dock (3rd and 4th screenshot).
  • VISUAL: Screenshots taken with F6, no idea if uploading to imgur preserves meta data. But it seems there is no way to upload them to the forum directly.qxMpSCd.jpguSwviDZ.jpguYpdGia.jpgaQVzbSd.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: No idea. Happend only once, [E: Managed to get this again, same Volatile mission, also after 29.10.3] after repairing the electronics they were still broken. I repaired then "by hand" ie using the Omni and not with remote repair (obviously, since remote repair requires the tactical menu which is disabled during electrical hazards.).
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Reairing electrical hazards should remove the effect of electrical hazards.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Repairing an electrical hazard removed the sparking cables were one can repair them, but not all the other detrimental effects of the hazard (fizzed UI + disabled tactical menu)
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Happend just this once twice so far.
Edited by Kselia
bug appeared again, updated post accordingly
  • Like 1

type: in game
Description: I've been on any mission and brought in the operator to activate "Energizing Quickness."
Visual: I don't have a screenshot
Reproducction: Eliminate the operator from the Warframe and return to the Warframe in a row.
Expected Result: When I return to the warframe, I can continue the mission as usual, without any problem. I can attack, use abilities and my character moves normally.
Observed result: my character becomes unable to attack and use abilities (I cannot use the operator). walks / runs in all directions looking in the same direction (unless I'm trying to aim my gun, in which case it turns in the right direction). Also, my colleagues do not see me in the same position: they see me lying face down.
Playback rate: 1 in 180 times (approximately).

I can't fit this into the supplied framework, because I'm not sure what's causing it...

On numerous occasions, I've entirely lost my Railjack/Mission Objective UI. It simply disappears. Just now, I failed a Volatile mission because the "heat" UI never showed up. I suspect it might have something to do with using a Necramech in missions, which is what I've been doing all day today, but I can't be certain. Point being - the entire UI element in the top left tends to vanish altogether.

• TYPE:  In-Game, Railjack Missions
  •  DESCRIPTION: Garuda Talons won't work. The game seems to not read that Garuda has a melee weapon equiped ( aka her Talons, since you can't use the talons if you have another weapon equiped). 
  • REPRODUCTION: I tried reproducing the bug, 100% success is when entering a Corpus Crew Ship. The inability to use melee happens just after entring a Corpus Crew Ship. Before entering any Corpus Crewship the Talons of Garuda work( in my Railjack for example...or if I enter directly the Corpus Capital Ship) It always happened to me while playing on Venus Proxima. When on Earth Proxima there is no such problem when entering Grineer Crew Ships. 
  • EXPECTED RESULT: For Garuda to be able to use her Talons as her melee weapon, always.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: When I press "E" nothing happens, as if I didn't press the melee button.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% 5/5 railjack missions, when entering a Corpus Crew Ship.

Bug #1. TYPE: In-Game
DESCRIPTION: Overlay Map auto-changing on Minimap in left-top corner.
VISUAL: fH8CKs.png
REPRODUCTION: Just start second mission in a row or first from Dojo/Relay.
EXPECTED RESULT: I would glad to have always map type what i choose in Options - [Prefer Overlay Map] is On.
REPRODUCTION RATE: Always happens from start of Railjack... It happens on Extractions of normal missions also, but then going back to Overlay in next missions...

Bug #2.TYPE: In-Game
DESCRIPTION: Mod [Ripload] does not affect on Ordnance.
VISUAL:
AHJv4D.png
REPRODUCTION: 5sec of reload is on default - we putting the mod in Railjack and no changes, not only visual - in game too.
REPRODUCTION RATE: Since start of Railjack this mod still doing nothing. =\

Bug #4.TYPE: In-Game
DESCRIPTION: Wrong calculation of E-8 Intrinsics.
VISUAL:
2cPxPb.jpg
REPRODUCTION: Reach level 8 on Engineering Intrinsic.
OBSERVED RESULT: 30% of Increases calculating from unmoded and even unleveled Archwing - it means 30% is very low and not serious for E-8.
EXPECTED RESULT: Would be good enough to take 30% from current total properties or at least from leveled Archwing, or higher than 30%...
REPRODUCTION RATE: Always.

TYPE: In-game
DESCRIPTION: Some bonuses from Railjack Components doesn't work.
VISUAL:
9dZlAg.png
REPRODUCTION: Constantly not affecting.
EXPECTED RESULT: Fix? x) But i think better not fix what is so small and not serious and change on something worthable from suggestions: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1187944-railjack-components-effect-changes/ Already Railjack New Retrofit and no attention to little details. =(

Thx for anything anyway!

Edited by Toonya
  • Like 1

A couple of bugs.

1. The forge. At the beginning of missions you start with two dome charges. When you forge more charges, you get an extra to your max capacity. You can potentially get up to the 10s in dome charges this way. This new crafted maximum  will persist as long as you run consecutive railjack missions, or if you only leave to go to your dojo. When leaving anything rail jack related, it will reset.

This also affects hull heals, where you can increase the max health of your ship. Also present with ordinance ammo.

2. Using the slingshot to aim at a loot dungeon entrance (grineer mission derelict specifically), there is a lock on option where my tenno will fly directly inside. Once inside, my tenno will be in a "floaty" state where they retain the slingshot trajectory animation and be clipped into the ground. They are also only able to move at a walking pace and cannot use any equipment.

This is fixed for now by exiting the derelict back into archwing and reentering.

• TYPE:  In-Game, General
  •  DESCRIPTION: Vauban's Bastille Glitch
  • REPRODUCTION: Its easy to reproduce just hold 4, or press 4 then press and hold 4 again.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Mobs should converge at the center position where the bastille was placed
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Break dance galore.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%
  • Like 2

• DESCRIPTION: When inside the Dojo with a Kuva Lich CREWMATE with the Fear of Space Travel quirk an ACTIVE, ENEMY Kuva Lich will recite the quirk lines on repeat while within an area where the Kuva Lich Crewmate is. The enemy Kuva Lich doesn't appear in the area other than the small 'speaking window' on the right. The enemy Kuva Lich doesn't have any quirks at all that would cause it to recite these lines. This also happens to Converted Kuva Liches when they spawn in a Lich node at the same time the Enemy Lich does and likely happens with a few other quirks.
  • VISUAL:

E62304AADBC414BF333231BF8E0518D50085231A

2666C37DBA3F0138D21F6D9F12718CE3B37A189B

• REPRODUCTION: Go to the Crew menu and equip a Converted Kuva Lich with the 'Fear of Space Travel' quirk, it likely happens to other quirks as well but this is the easiest one to reproduce. Then make sure the Kuva Lich is actually wandering around in your Railjack. Have an Active, Enemy Kuva Lich, you don't need to open it's screen just make sure you have one when you have the Converted, Quirked Kuva Lich in your crew. Then anytime you're in the Dojo, the Lich will intermittently speak lines from the Fear of Space Travel quirk despite not having it, instead drawing from the Converted Kuva Lich's quirk.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Considering the Kuva Liches Crewmates currently don't speak any lines I would expect complete silence or at least for the Converted Kuva Lich to talk about being afraid of space rather than the enemy Kuva Lich considering it's their quirk.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The enemy Kuva Lich says the Fear of Space Travel quirks despite not being in the Dojo or having the quirk at all.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% So long as you use a Fear of Space Travel Converted Lich and a No Quirk Enemy Lich. Likely happens to other quirks too.
  • Like 1

Is there anything that I can do to jumpstart it leveling up again? Would really like to take advantage of the 2 day affinity booster that I just got from todays sortie.

• TYPE: In game
  • DESCRIPTION: My Arquebex has not been leveling up past its current level of 6 since I updated. I have maxed rank voidrig and my moulson is currently level 17 after I maxed it out and used one forma.
  • VISUAL: Dont have a picture.
  • REPRODUCTION: There are a few other players experiencing the same issue and have posted it in the players helping players forum.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: It seems like my arquebex should be leveling up at a similar rate to my moulson which has already reached max rank and is now at rank 17 after one forma.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Arquebex is stuck at level 6 since update. 
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: continual 
Edited by JImCavezwheels

type: in game
Description: I've been on any mission and brought in the operator to activate "Energizing Quickness."
Visual: I don't have a screenshot
Reproducction: Eliminate the operator from the Warframe and return to the Warframe in a row.
Expected Result: When I return to the warframe, I can continue the mission as usual, without any problem. I can attack, use abilities and my character moves normally.
Observed result: my character becomes unable to attack and use abilities (I cannot use the operator). walks / runs in all directions looking in the same direction (unless I'm trying to aim my gun, in which case it turns in the right direction). Also, my colleagues do not see me in the same position: they see me lying face down.
Playback rate: 1 in 180 times (approximately).

• TYPE: [In-Game]
  • DESCRIPTION: [Nautilus blueprint is not tradable, despite all other Nautilus parts being tradable & being acquired through the same RNG process (i.e. blueprint not purchased for credits from market)
  • REPRODUCTION: [you can see this by going to your inventory (esc -> equipment -> inventory) and comparing the Nautilus components (Cerebrum, Chassis, Systems) against the blueprint, and seeing that they're marked as tradable, but the bp isn't. When trading with others (via clan dojo), bp does not appear as tradable item, but other components (flagged as tradable in inventory) do.]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [Nautilus blueprint should be tradable, as it is an RNG acquisition and all other Nautilus components are tradable]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [Nautilus blueprint is not tradable, unlike its other components, despite being acquired through the same process]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [Every time, regardless of machine, Warframe, or relogging; I suspect it's an oversight that this item wasn't made tradable, since blueprints for such items are usually purchased in the market for credits, and not an RNG acquisition]

• TYPE: in-game
  • DESCRIPTION: Railjack slingshot to Corpus Airlock unresponsive with continuous wind sound, in multiplayer.
  • VISUALhttps://www.twitch.tv/videos/959300192
  • REPRODUCTION: Other players go to Corpus Airlock. Go in to Railjack slingshot. Wait for countdown voice to say "zero" then wait 0.9 seconds, then fire at Corpus Airlock door.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Slingshot work.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Slingshot ended early, invisible warframe. Continuous sound of loud wind. Open and close ESC menu got Warframe to show up, but can't control. Only ESC and menus work.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% if the timing of countdown and slingshot is exact.

• DESCRIPTION: Weavers/Gox do not drop blueprints (components/armaments), or at the very least they don't drop them at anywhere near the 20% drop rate the official drop tables say they do.
  • VISUAL: e85f6561898a12804973293839597fb075bd891d
  • REPRODUCTION: I have play in the corpus proxima for many hours (~950 instrinsics worth), and I may have only had one drop from them on Neptune.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: 20% of the Weaver/Gox I kill should drop a blueprint.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I don't get any blue prints.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 97-99% of the time.

Type: In-Game

Description: Revenant's "enthralled enemy" counter at the top-right remains at 7 after "enthrall"'s timer expires, even after returning to DryDock and then starting a new railjack mission.  He is unable to enthrall any new enemies because the thrall count is at 7, despite the fact his enthralled enemies shouldn't even exist once the mission's over.

Reproduction: Enthrall 7 enemies and then go back to your railjack before the timer expires, using omni or archwing.  Wait for 1st ability's timer to expire.

Expected result: Revenant's thralls should each stay enthralled for the duration of his ability, then become un-enthralled or destroyed depending on the context.

Observed Result: thrall count remains at 7 and persists after timer expires, preventing revenant from using his first ability until you choose to exit railjack from drydock or from mission.

Reproduction Rate: 2/2

Edited by Quantum_Blur
Happened again

• DESCRIPTION: visual glitch with crewmate syandanas
  • VISUAL:
    4e91de3dda16ce14ba9733ead2eb1693.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: seems to only happen in missions, looks fine in the simulacrum(for on-call crew) and in the crew customization menu
  • EXPECTED RESULT: syandanas should properly attach to the backs of the crew npcs
  • OBSERVED RESULT: syandanas float above crew npcs
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: consistent

TYPE: In-game

DESCRIPTION: Zephyr's Airburst not working as designed. I used the helminth system to replace Zephyr's 4th ability with Dispensary. While hovering with Tail Wind, once I cast Dispensary, casting Airburst causes Airburst's sound and then a delayed airburst (maybe 0.5 sec delay) and then makes all other abilities not work ("Ability in use") until I cancel the hover by jumping. Airburst works normally while hovering before casting Dispensary. The problem remains even after waiting for the Dispensary duration to expire. This happened to me while playing defense on Hydron but I recreated it in other locations.

REPRODUCTION: Replace Zephyr's 4th ability with Dispensary. Hover in the air with Tail Wind and cast Dispensary. Then cast Airburst. Any further casts of any ability will be met with the "ability in use" message. Jump to cancel Tail Wind hover and then you can use abilities again.

EXPECTED RESULT: After casting Dispensary while hovering, Airburst should still work as normal and not prevent future ability use.

OBSERVED RESULT: Airburst cast is delayed and then all abilities give "Ability in Use" message and do not work until you cancel the hover.

REPRODUCTION RATE: This happens every time I set up the conditions listed above. 

Sorry no video included, I haven't figured out how to record my gameplay yet.

URGENT

TYPE: In-Game

DESCRIPTION: Caches giving duplicate rewards!

VISUAL: Not needed.

REPRODUCTION: Tested on Nu-Gua Mines (Neptune). Enter mission and complete it without doing white objective (cache). After mission is completed (reward screen) go and complete white objective. Repeat the mission from the Railjack (without returning to Dry Dock) again first complete it, get the reward and after that go for the cache. The cache reward will be same every time.

EXPECTED RESULT: Reward should be different.

OBSERVED RESULT: Same reward.

REPRODUCTION RATE: Always.

• Like 1

• DESCRIPTION: Turret damage scaling infinitely.
  • VISUALPG2WX4x.jpg
  • (I'm using the spanish version)
  • REPRODUCTION: Go to any dry dock (I've tried it in the Kronia relay and my clan's dojo) console to configure your railjack, close it, enter it again, repeat. The base damage will increase a bit each time (the actual increase can be visualised in the plexus tab).
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Turret damage is calculated normally
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Base damage of all turrets keeps increasing infinitely (You can see that the value shown for my Zekti Photor Mk III is over 150 K after doing some missions, more than enough to oneshot any fighter and completely melt crewships). This also seems to work with turrets operated by crew members.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: While using Protective Shots.

BUG : INFINITE FORGE / OVERFORGE

• DESCRIPTION: Railjack's Forge change the maximum value of Revolite, Hull restore, Munitions and Dome charge. New Value are maintained in successive missions even after a drydock Pit-stop. I have attained at least 160 revolite / 12.000 Hull's health / 61 Ordonance Munitions / 20 Dome Charge... And the next video confirm I can go higher !!!

• VISUAL: PHiPzVX.jpg

• Upgrading the value

• REPRODUCTION: 100%, just by using railjack in SOLO. Bug still continue from one mission to another and even when going to Dojo Drydock. Others seems to confirm the bug even with coop mode...
  • EXPECTED RESULT: When using Forge Revolite, Hull restore, Munitions and Dome charge actual value should be augmented without changing the maximum value the maximum value.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: When using Forge the max value of Revolite, Hull restore, Munitions and Dome charge are upgrade and the actual value is restored to the new max value. (Energy is correctly restored to the Warframe max value)
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% in any type of missionsn new or old. Tested in more than 20 missions confirmed by more than 10 players in this thread (without proper format submit sometimes)

Others Coments confirming the BUG :

• TYPE: Railjack Mod
  • DESCRIPTION: Artillery Cheap Shot mod seems to unnecessarily lower Railjack stats.
  • REPRODUCTION: Equip the Artillery Cheap Shot mod.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Artillery Cheap Shot only states that it gives the Railjack a chance to not consume a Dome Charge.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: When using the mod the following stats all decrease: Armor, Engines, Hull, Shield, and Shield Recharge Rate.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%. Each time it is placed on the Railjack it decreases the stats mentioned above.

The rank of the mod I am using is maxed.  The mod says "Forward Artillery has a +60% chance to not consume a Dome Charge." Unless there is some other mechanic I am not aware of, nothing in the description of the mod suggests that it should be lowering stats the way that it is.

• Like 2