Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we all agree that the RJ update is terrible in any way possible?

Cha0zb0rn

27 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Like the user above mentions, most popular mission was gian point, for all you had to do was railjack stuff, it does not matter if you make it 8 16 or 24 crewships, it will be always more popular than having to do some secondary objectives.

No, it was popular because was a good spot to farm good affinity in less than 10 mins (usually it took 3-5 mins with the propper setup) and by extention a good credit farm. Everyone who disliked railjack but wanted the intrinsics or farm MK3 stuff used gian point because of that, not because "they liked railjack content" as you assume.

i most definitely do not agree.

i think this is one of the best updates theyve put out since ive been playing. it took a broken, confusing, annoying, inaccessible, game mode and made it fun, interesting, and most of all...easy for everyone to be able to play.

its drastically better now than it was before as far as im concerned.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)thegarada said:

Well, I am so happy to hear that I can play the new missions without having to use the RJ or Archwing. I despise both. Fiddly second rated content. I am happy it is just taxi.

I would like for missions being doable either way. You like RJ/archwing do that. Or just use them as taxi to board ships and do regular ground combat. Everyone can enjoy what the want.

I think that would be good suggestion, old kind of railjack on one planet new kind of railjack on other, just  the loot and enemy levels have to be same on both.
If you lock all good rewards to one of them, that will ofcourse mean no one is going to do the other one.

2 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

No, it was popular because was a good spot to farm good affinity in less than 10 mins (usually it took 3-5 mins with the propper setup) and by extention a good credit farm. Everyone who disliked railjack but wanted the intrinsics or farm MK3 stuff used gian point because of that, not because "they liked railjack content" as you assume.

It was kinda annoying that before the update to play railjack we were somewhat forced to play the least interesting map in the game due to the matchmaking. I am really enjoying the new exterminate and volatile missions. And the ice mines look gorgeous.

2 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

I think that would be good suggestion, old kind of railjack on one planet new kind of railjack on other, just  the loot and enemy levels have to be same on both.
If you lock all good rewards to one of them, that will ofcourse mean no one is going to do the other one.

Do you realize that is exactly was happening here right? One planet with the old RJ system, new planets with the new system... Even the loots are scattered between both grineer and corpus missions, so you "aren't forced" to deal with what you dislike. But to know that, of course, that would require actually playing the game.

18 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:

That isn't true

Yes it is. The on-foot segments require the full squad. 

That is to say, I mean the sections in the main corpus ship. The RJ objectives in the smaller ships does not require a full team. I realize by saying secondary missions I was being confusing. I didn't mean secondary objectives I meant the second mission.

17 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Yes it is. The on-foot segments require the full squad. 

That is to say, I mean the sections in the main corpus ship. The RJ objectives in the smaller ships does not require a full team. I realize by saying secondary missions I was being confusing. I didn't mean secondary objectives I meant the second mission.

I really like that they have both secondary objectives that do require the full team, and some that don't. Because getting left behind on the railjack while everyone else went to go take down sentients sucked. And losing a mission because the grineer destroyed your railjack while you were fighting sentients sucked even more. But I also like being able to go do little solo/duo side quests as part of the main railjack mission objective.

In other words, the inclusion of the ice mines and other objectives in Volatile missions is the best of both worlds in my opinion and is part of why I am very supportive of every node that isn't defense in the recent update.

And I also like the team aspect of the grineer missions.

4 minutes ago, Genitive said:

In what way do they require a full squad?

When you board the corpus flagship there is a little message that pops up saying X/X squad members. You have to have the full squad take part. And then the railjack becomes invulnerable and the game essentially becomes a regular mission.

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

When you board the corpus flagship there is a little message that pops up saying X/X squad members. You have to have the full squad take part. And then the railjack becomes invulnerable and the game essentially becomes a regular mission.

Ah, so you mean when you are already in a squad. I suppose that is true. I thought you also meant in situations such a solo play.

1 minute ago, Genitive said:

Ah, so you mean when you are already in a squad. I suppose that is true. I thought you also meant in situations such a solo play.

No... Why would that be relevant for solo play? You are solo... The only thing about solo play that is a bummer is you cannot call your crew to help you inside the flagship but you can in regular missions... seems weird to me.

Ahhhh, I really love to get back to this thread when everybody left RJ the 2nd time because the novelty wore off and the loot has been looted. RJ is a failed concept, focusing to revitalize it was a mistake and the execution is poorly done. hype kiddies defend it for now but wont play it the moment everybody else gets bored with it. And with no mission like gian point there isnt even a good farm opportunity attatched to anything RJ related so nobody will give a rats a** about it. If you like it you like it because its new. But it wont be for long. 

Ahhhh, I really love to get back to this thread when everybody left RJ the 2nd time because the novelty wore off and the loot has been looted. RJ is a failed concept, focusing to revitalize it was a mistake and the execution is poorly done. hype kiddies defend it for now but wont play it the moment everybody else gets bored with it. And with no mission like gian point there isnt even a good farm opportunity attatched to anything RJ related so nobody will give a rats a** about it. If you like it you like it because its new. But it wont be for long. 

vor einer Stunde schrieb vanaukas:

Do you realize that is exactly was happening here right? One planet with the old RJ system, new planets with the new system... Even the loots are scattered between both grineer and corpus missions, so you "aren't forced" to deal with what you dislike. But to know that, of course, that would require actually playing the game.

nah, they took the few good farming spots away from grineer and added taxi maps for corpus. Why would anybody in the long run play a longer/more convoluted defense mission if nobody likes normal defenses anyway? And as I mentioned: It took me 2 days to get everything the new mode had to offer. I only lack the new turrets but fck it, the old one still do a good job. And none of the loot is worth more than MR fodder so my my gratitude towards the devs is rather limited.

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

used gian point because of that, not because "they liked railjack content" as you assume

No, as you assume. People asking "where to level up, fast" on the Q&A chat get directed to .... Hydron. People asking "where to get credits, fast" get directed to .... The Index.

Never to Railjack, or as good as never.

So the idea that its was purely a farm is as assumption, and an almost certainly incorrect one. That it is a good affintiy and credit farm is by the by. I think people playing it did so because it was fun, and they liked playing Railjack without the side objectives.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb -AncientWarrior-:

Nope cant agree, had a ball playing yesterday .. great fun in missions exactly what DE said, they supplied, with bugs currently, but its a fun mode thats enjoyable and has good/great rewards compared to many other missions ..

What rewards do you mean exactly? The frames nobody likes or the weapons nobody uses?

Archived