Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we all agree that the RJ update is terrible in any way possible?

Cha0zb0rn

2 hours ago, Cha0zb0rn said:

Money seems to be the only way those guys care about. Thats proven by the fact that you need to forma your RJ now. All of this was just to have an excuse to monetize something they previously havent. 

Yeah this started with lichers.  5 forma to fully upgrade a weapon,  this is pay to skip and I'm assuming forma sells well. . But the repair drones were start up scummy. .  

Evey release over Cov 19 has basically been a reskin or reuse of assets.  Railjack revised. .  The steel path.  Heart of demios,  and now this update. .    And this update isn't NEW content.  This is content promise 2 years ago. ..

1 hour ago, Shemarria said:

Was nice having you in the game.  The door is over "there"

I already did that.

1 hour ago, Shemarria said:

"FREE TO PLAY"

No wonder games as a service games got worse over the years with fool like you excusing it all just cause it's free. Bend over and DE will stuff yet another cactus wrapped in nettles up you backside. According to you, you are going to enjoy it because it's free.

RJ is okay, if they polish it up and fix Crew AI. I find boarding crew ships entirely pointless now though, they mine as well just delete that aspect of RJ completely rather than keep it's current form. Run in, press 3 buttons, fall down, boop the machine, leave. Enemies are all ignored and meaningless due to the giant hole design... Focus more on the fly and gun aspects and boarding LARGE ships and doing actual fun stuff on board.

What I do find terrible though is NECROMECHS. I never hated anything more in the history of Warframe (other than Hydroid being useless for 7 years) and now it's forced into Railjack stages and it's not easy to solo in the time limit with Crew members being 100% useless in such situations as they can't join you and help in any way. Then the mechs themselves are boring. The abilities are boring, they're slow and suck at jumping, all they do is just hold down fire button, aim and clunk around. It's boring, worthless content that we're forced to grind for such a small use. Just let me use my Warframe. Do the Umbra mods even effect the Necromechs? Can't even use them for the mode if not and sentient encounters are so few so whats the point.

PS: I think you owe us more Endo+Credits, I had all these >now mods< maxed. :o

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Wolfdoggie:

I find boarding crew ships entirely pointless now though, they mine as well just delete that aspect of RJ completely rather than keep it's current form. Run in, press 3 buttons, fall down, boop the machine, leave. Enemies are all ignored and meaningless due to the giant hole design... Focus more on the fly and gun aspects and boarding LARGE ships and doing actual fun stuff on board.

Yeah and if you're at it just remove the "side missions", the small fighters nobody cares about anymore and whats left? A normal mission! New railjack is literally a normal mission with extra steps. Those were popular in the past......we certainly wanted more of those and they will carry the game into the future for sure!

14 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

RJ is okay, if they polish it up and fix Crew AI. I find boarding crew ships entirely pointless now though, they mine as well just delete that aspect of RJ completely rather than keep it's current form. Run in, press 3 buttons, fall down, boop the machine, leave. Enemies are all ignored and meaningless due to the giant hole design... Focus more on the fly and gun aspects and boarding LARGE ships and doing actual fun stuff on board.

What I do find terrible though is NECROMECHS. I never hated anything more in the history of Warframe (other than Hydroid being useless for 7 years) and now it's forced into Railjack stages and it's not easy to solo in the time limit with Crew members being 100% useless in such situations as they can't join you and help in any way. Then the mechs themselves are boring. The abilities are boring, they're slow and suck at jumping, all they do is just hold down fire button, aim and clunk around. It's boring, worthless content that we're forced to grind for such a small use. Just let me use my Warframe. Do the Umbra mods even effect the Necromechs? Can't even use them for the mode if not and sentient encounters are so few so whats the point.

PS: I think you owe us more Endo, I had all these >now mods< maxed. :o

I agree about the railjack part. It's mostly fine but the AI could use some fine tuning. However I must disagree about the Necramechs. In my years of playing this game nothing and I do mean absolutely nothing has brought me as much joy as using these bad boys. It might be because I was always a sucker for mech games, but Necramechs feel amazing for me. When using them you aren't just a 'click button to clear room' spawn of satan anymore. I like the more grounded feel they have and that they are actually vulnerable which means you have to manage your durability abilities etc. 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb DemoniesKarris:

I agree about the railjack part. It's mostly fine but the AI could use some fine tuning. However I must disagree about the Necramechs. In my years of playing this game nothing and I do mean absolutely nothing has brought me as much joy as using these bad boys. It might be because I was always a sucker for mech games, but Necramechs feel amazing for me. When using them you aren't just a 'click button to clear room' spawn of satan anymore. I like the more grounded feel they have and that they are actually vulnerable which means you have to manage your durability abilities etc. 

Don't get me wrong, I dont hate necramechs either but there is nothing more busted int he game than voidrigs 4 XD Thats the definition of press 1 button and kill everything XD and his 2 is pretty much invinicibility as long aas you have energy.....

Just now, Cha0zb0rn said:

Don't get me wrong, I dont hate necramechs either but there is nothing more busted int he game than voidrigs 4 XD Thats the definition of press 1 button and kill everything XD

That's true, but at least using the ability leaves you vulnerable and uses a ton of energy which is much harder to acquire when using a necramechs compared to warframes. No arcane, no pads, no zenurik - rage and energy balls is all you get 

14 minutes ago, DemoniesKarris said:

They literally do NOTHING though. You just hold down a fire button with a single gun. Customization isn't even 1% of what Armored Core would offer.

Let me be Honest with you, i have been giving S#&amp;&#036; on DE ever since old blood update, even got a warning for abusing them too hard. Well to the point at hand, I do like the new railjack update, it "may not be like this update will change your life or something", but its surely one of the good update that they have put some effort in so far... 

Il y a 3 heures, Cha0zb0rn a dit :

The railjack has barely any purpose in corpus missions as killing ships is no objective.

Most of the time you do destroy some Crewship or hack something. But you're right, somehow, there are sometimes where you don't need to destroy any ship with your railjack.
I wanted to record a video today on Pluto Proxima Exterminate mission and I couldn't get the "Destroy 2 Crewships" objective anymore, not even the hacking one was there. I kept getting "Destroy 4 security nodes" which is the fastest and easiest one.

After that you just do the exterminate mission and you're done.

-The playerbase is at its worst. no matter what corpus mission you play: 3 ppl jump out of the ship and fly around in their archwing, even if the mission is to destroy crewships. Seems the Gamemode is overrun by people who dont care at all. 

It has always been this way, especially for players looking to rank up their archwing gear and with ease if they're playing with Amesha, which keeps slow down nearby enemies enough to nullify their threat. Nothing new here, I wouldn't say it's the Worst just a bit disappointing if you're looking to cruise with 4 players in the ship and they keep leaving.

Solo mode and putting handicap on the ship was the solution I came up to force players to protect the ship as they should. But Corpus enemies damage is rather weak so even that might not work anymore until we get higher levels for Corpus Railjack.

-the release: Its the worst release in years. I've seen cyberpunk on the PS4 and even that was more playable even on release. Sadly Warframe players are so used to low quality releases by now that that kinda stuff doesnt even warrant anything. And how can a company be so irresponsible to release such a mess on a friday when its so obvious that further hotfixes are needed and needed badly? I dont care for minor bugs, those are common on releasedays. But having to restart the game after every 3rd mission because the game freezes or is unresponsive is unacceptable. And on top of that: All people say is "well, DE is like that, we are used to it". I for sure wont spend money on this game for a good while. And I can only encourage other to do so as well. Money seems to be the only way those guys care about. Thats proven by the fact that you need to forma your RJ now. All of this was just to have an excuse to monetize something they previously havent. 

The only good thing about the update is the umbra forma i got. And those wont work as bandaids for much longer either. By now I got all the umbra forma i need as only a few WFs can really utilize them. 

Warframe is fixing so fast you get to see it often it's a Good thing not a Bad thing, other games would take an entire week to do what DE would in a day. That's how good the hotfixes are.
The game is hellah big and complex in its own way, it will always be buggy. They can't fix them all. And it'd be even slower if we were not testing the whole thing massively on PC.
This Update has alot of great stuff in it, I can go along what they gave me except the damage from enemies being too low and locking the player in a "Core Warframe Mission", especially for Non-Endless missions like Exterminate and Volatile. I'm sure all squads could manage protecting the ship and do the objective for those mission types.

Most players are fine with the bugs if it means speeding everything up. Those will gladly play beta testing for free, if you really hate bugs that much you could wait couple days until the hotfixes arrive a bit more slowly or you could play on Console. The consoles update always come later after enough fixing has been done on PC.
Here We All Lift Together.

3 hours ago, Cha0zb0rn said:

Easy: They get worse and worse. Thus the latest is always the worst. With a company caring less and less and get away with more and more that kinda development is to be expected. 

And not everything is bad. The events last year were all well received.

You try too hard bro. YOU have issues with it. Don't include us. Millions of players with millions of preferences and many don't agree with you so knock it off with the "can we all agree..." because I don't.

vor 39 Minuten schrieb STUVash:

Most of the time you do destroy some Crewship or hack something. But you're right, somehow, there are sometimes where you don't need to destroy any ship with your railjack.
I wanted to record a video today on Pluto Proxima Exterminate mission and I couldn't get the "Destroy 2 Crewships" objective anymore, not even the hacking one was there. I kept getting "Destroy 4 security nodes" which is the fastest and easiest one.

After that you just do the exterminate mission and you're done.

Dunno if we played different games but most of the time i had to destroy nodes or do sidemissions. Dealing with Crewships is rather rare in corpus RJ. And the most you have to defeat in a mission is 3 as far as i can remember.

vor 41 Minuten schrieb STUVash:

It has always been this way, especially for players looking to rank up their archwing gear and with ease if they're playing with Amesha, which keeps slow down nearby enemies enough to nullify their threat. Nothing new here, I wouldn't say it's the Worst just a bit disappointing if you're looking to cruise with 4 players in the ship and they keep leaving.

Solo mode and putting handicap on the ship was the solution I came up to force players to protect the ship as they should. But Corpus enemies damage is rather weak so even that might not work anymore until we get higher levels for Corpus Railjack.

Its not only disappointing, sometimes its just frustrating. Some missions are sped up by splitting up, some are not and some get slowed down. Sadly ppl doesnt seem to be able to tell when its better to stay together.

vor 43 Minuten schrieb STUVash:

Warframe is fixing so fast you get to see it often it's a Good thing not a Bad thing, other games would take an entire week to do what DE would in a day. That's how good the hotfixes are.
The game is hellah big and complex in its own way, it will always be buggy. They can't fix them all. And it'd be even slower if we were not testing the whole thing massively on PC.
This Update has alot of great stuff in it, I can go along what they gave me except the damage from enemies being too low and locking the player in a "Core Warframe Mission", especially for Non-Endless missions like Exterminate and Volatile. I'm sure all squads could manage protecting the ship and do the objective for those mission types.

Most players are fine with the bugs if it means speeding everything up. Those will gladly play beta testing for free, if you really hate bugs that much you could wait couple days until the hotfixes arrive a bit more slowly or you could play on Console. The consoles update always come later after enough fixing has been done on PC.
Here We All Lift Together.

Somebody mentioned necramechs took half a year until it was fixed......cant tell myself, took a break during that time bzt well...that doesnt seem that fast to me. And yes, it is a big game. But getting content so broken that i had to restart my game 4 times an hour is too much. As somebody who dabbled into Software development quite a bit as well i can tell you that no company with a shred of responsibility would release updates with obvious critical errors(in this case game crashing/freezing).If those were rare I wouldnt complain but heck, this feels as if it wasnt tested at all. They make more than enough money, they need to hire somebody for QM. Thats the absolute minimum a customer should be able to ask for. 

Not every way possible, no. But yeah, a lot of it sucks. The unifying of damage types is good, as is crew. I'm ambivalent on the Plexus system but understand why they did it. Haven't tried the new weapons yet so can't speak on those. The new missions are terrible and the decision to make the resources per-player was also pretty bad.

Ahhhh, I really love to get back to this thread when everybody left RJ the 2nd time because the novelty wore off and the loot has been looted. RJ is a failed concept, focusing to revitalize it was a mistake and the execution is poorly done. hype kiddies defend it for now but wont play it the moment everybody else gets bored with it. And with no mission like gian point there isnt even a good farm opportunity attatched to anything RJ related so nobody will give a rats a** about it. If you like it you like it because its new. But it wont be for long. 

Wow you have an unbelievable talent of thinking everyone is like you .. oh no its not a talent .. just a sad negative person 

nah, they took the few good farming spots away from grineer and added taxi maps for corpus. Why would anybody in the long run play a longer/more convoluted defense mission if nobody likes normal defenses anyway? And as I mentioned: It took me 2 days to get everything the new mode had to offer. I only lack the new turrets but fck it, the old one still do a good job. And none of the loot is worth more than MR fodder so my my gratitude towards the devs is rather limited.

dude I think you need a nap .. maybe a break from the games.. you dont seem to like anything ;)

What rewards do you mean exactly? The frames nobody likes or the weapons nobody uses?

I think you're confused .. again.. its RJ, no frames here and the weapons are RJ weapons and if you do happen to run a mission you'll need a RJ gun or 2 .. maybe ..

3 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

No, as you assume. People asking "where to level up, fast" on the Q&A chat get directed to .... Hydron. People asking "where to get credits, fast" get directed to .... The Index.

Never to Railjack, or as good as never.

So the idea that its was purely a farm is as assumption, and an almost certainly incorrect one. That it is a good affintiy and credit farm is by the by. I think people playing it did so because it was fun, and they liked playing Railjack without the side objectives.

You sure about that?

https://warframe.fandom.com/f/p/3343172654596385459

I could keep going, but I think I've shown enough. Feel free to prove me wrong with threads or webpages with people praising Gian Point just because "it was fun".

I just think some of you guys are thinking way, way, way too much about it. RJ is a part of a whole game that is not being transformed into something else. RJ is simply "value-added plus": another way to play an already robust game. Consider that:

1) The star chart hasn't changed except for ADDING steel path. 

2)The open worlds have not shut down the star chart. I recall some players and youtubers declaring PoE was going to end the star chart. It hasn't.

3)Empyrean and Scarlet Spear have not shut down the open worlds. The fish team system is going to benefit from the SS test (yes, it was a test.) and RJ retained its old while receiving the new. Win-win.

4) Orphix Venom and the Necromechs did not shut down the Warframes but, instead, allowed both to exist as tools for the job. New tool in the shed for new game modes means a break from the norm and something new to master.

5) None of the core gameplay was lost but more gameplay is now available. Again, just more options for fun, not less.

I will never understand how players can be so easily duped by the same types of rhetoric year after year. DE ultimately always proves to be correct in their major decisions and the player/youtuber/reddit rhetoric bears little progressive fruit. I think we have to do much better thinking as a community when it comes to this game because, so far, it seems there are even long time vets that still don't understand Warframe is an evolving, progressive story with faction chapters and pieces that need to be introduced and in gradual scales. Warframe is progressive, expanding and immersive. Progressive.

Well I haven't experience, everything so far this update has to offer by far. I just want to chime in how I feel about railjack now. Some thing I like most I don't.

My pros:

I like the mod system

New weapons, new systems

My cons:

Removal of kill x fighters x crewships

addition of non "railjack" mission types inside of railjack

requirement to build necramech

requirement to build warframe with high energy or run zen and double operator like dash (f, then operator dash), or craft pads

Too many places to travel to just outfit your railjack. One single console should suffice.

Command crew can't use the big gun

can't assign command crew as away team

command crew doesn't craft materials

can't dry dock build mats, and or nerf of dome charges, but in mission you can craft over 6.

command crew pilot just flies in a circle. does not boost. or travel towards objectives. Also will not let you target the artillery cannon.

Sometimes you just want to fly space, and shoot things. To be honest I think the old railjack was more solo friendly. Maybe some of these things are false, but this my first impressions. I actually liked railjack before, but agreed it could of used some better options. I'm torn on the command crew as they do actually shoot and repair things and or fight invaders. But I'm still doing the same exact actions as before command crew. I'm still flying, I'm still shooting, I'm still boarding, and I'm still taking out crewships with a gun or boarding them, I'm still crafting and doing some repairs, I'm still fighting off invaders. It's nice to have some help, I'm all for that. But it's not really taking any "piloting" off the solo player inside railjack. The necramech thing really hurts, I hate running the open worlds, no offence. The archwing made some sense. But other then adding in missions that require the necramech, I simply don't understand it. It's like people arent running archwing missions, so lets add railjack so ppl NEED To use them. I just don't get the mech requirement? People seem to like them. It's not like I wouldn't like using them, It's the whole entire open world aspect of them, and the entire process of acquiring them. it's one of the reasons why I never got the archwing gun for warframes. I do not feel a need to MR out everything, I just play what I like how I like and with what I like. That's gone now.

Archived