Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fair Play

Ex4ngunat3

Thanks to all for replying.

My main point is Railjack missions (and free roam missions) are made up of several discrete missions, each one leads to the next part. You do not get to save your earned loot after each part. If you fail at the end of the final part of the mission you are sent back to the beginning, with nothing.

For example, a Veil mission may begin with killing 6 crew ships and 80 fighters. Then you are sent onto the next part. Followed by a third part, etc. Each part drops loot and each part is equivalent to a mission on a planet, that if you complete it you get the loot.

I believe that you should get the loot as you complete each part. DE doesn't have to tell you what you get until you either finish the mission successfully or you fail the mission, or even if you abort the mission because of a bug. 

People who fish for a specific drop couldn't just abandon a group because nobody knows what dropped until the mission ended. If it is a drop in great demand then put it in the successful mission drop table.

27 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Bad equivocation

Warframe. Operative word, War. You aren't an employee, you're a soldier. This is war. If you fail, you don't slink off to the boss and ask for your paycheck, because you're dead. No loot for you because you're dead. Enemies take it all, bad end. Better luck next time.

Bad equivocation

"Better luck next time."

If you are dead, there is no next time, you are dead. 😉

On 2021-03-25 at 4:50 PM, Ex4ngunat3 said:

In life we get paid for our work. If we make a mistake at work, we are still paid for our work, and we fix the mistake.

If you make a Warframe mission failure tier mistake at work you're most likely fired, blacklisted, sued, and possibly even thrown into the sun sent to jail.

50 minutes ago, Pinegulf said:

Umm. How often do you fail missions? Seriously.

Sortie spy and radiation friendly fire, but apart from those. Do you really fail? 

Most fails are from bugs.

also...

I play solo (Host migration is unendurable) and new types of missions when first introduced are way over tuned (to challenge groups) and frankly DE fails in any kind of explanation of how a new type of mission works so trial and error rate is high, otherwise not very often.

What absolute rubbish,

This is not a job,

it is a game with the objective of entertainment and so cannot and should not be compared to any occupation.

And depending on the type of occupation you could actually take away zero at the end of the day if you didn't do things right.

you sound like a kindergartner that wants the best prizes for merely participating and you say "its not fair".

Maybe look up / describe what "fair play" actually means to you, for me fair play implies getting rewards and recognition based on the results of your effort , not merely the existence of effort.

Failure = no rewards (only experience)

Success = rewards (and experience)

The game is already so easy that fail states are practically non existent .

DE has coddled players to the point that the only thing left now is "press button to get reward" to be added if such topics are coming up.

If there is an actual bug causing issues , it is best to take screen shots and send a report ,

you may get lucky and get some of the drops if you can prove you actually got them.

But this thread .... pointless.

Apologies if i sound heated , but making these comparisons always brings out the worst in me.

On 2021-03-26 at 1:50 AM, Ex4ngunat3 said:

In life we get paid for our work. If we make a mistake at work, we are still paid for our work, and we fix the mistake.

Warframe and Railjack has a policy that if you fail a mission, you don't get paid. No loot, You failed.

This isn't Fair Play.

This is factually wrong.

In life, you make a mistake, you still get paid for the work you did.

In railjack, you failed a mission. YOU DID NOT "JUST" MAKE A MISTAKE, YOU MADE HUNDREDS OF IT. 

You are expecting to get paid for not doing any correct work at all. In real life, you would be fired. Not paid.

The analogy you tried to bring here is not correct. Just saying.

On 2021-03-25 at 2:50 PM, Ex4ngunat3 said:

Warframe and Railjack has a policy that if you fail a mission, you don't get paid. No loot, You failed.

This isn't Fair Play.

If your employer had this policy no one at D.E. would ever get paid. No pay. There is a bug.

Doesn't sound fair, does it?

It is especially unfair if you didn't even cause the bug...or failed the mission because of a bug.

Hate to break this to ya but uh, playing a free game and creating a game are two, very, VERY, COLOSALLY different things. The balance in what is fair and what isn't in terms of mistakes are beyond comparison. Also DE has refunded and compensated players for mistakes they've made. Which isn't even owed in the first place. I very rarely say this but you need to just get good at the game or understand you are owed nothing in this game you chose to play (that you didnt even have to pay to play).

3 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

What absolute rubbish,

This is not a job,

it is a game with the objective of entertainment and so cannot and should not be compared to any occupation.

This. ^^

Take your Protestant Work Ethic and don't let the door hit you on the way out of the game.

@Ex4ngunat3@Aadi880, if you personally want to treat a GaaS game like a job and try to play CEO/Board of Directors in your own mind over DEs actions about how the game functions, you go right ahead and have a party.

Leave the rest of us out of your delusion please.

Nothing in Life is Fair, there is no Higher Power over the GaaS gaming community that's going to come and give you a participation award.

It's a Game for Entertainment, not a Job, no matter how much you personally choose to make it a Job.

Frankly, if you think this way about a GaaS game, I think you should stop playing. I had a friend lose everything, Job, House, all of it, from thinking this way, that the game was RL, so I suggest you get out now.

@Ex4ngunat3@Aadi880, this is a You problem.

On 2021-03-25 at 12:50 PM, Ex4ngunat3 said:

If your employer had this policy no one at D.E. would ever get paid. No pay. There is a bug.

This sentence is so out-of-touch that it has worn out most of my patience, but I will muster the remaining strength I have to engage with you positively.

On 2021-03-25 at 12:50 PM, Ex4ngunat3 said:

You keep your Affinity and your Intrinsics regardless of whether you fail or succeed a mission.  This is generous; most games I've played don't let you keep anything if you fail.  And what incentive is there to succeed if failure gives you the same/similar rewards?

It's currently very fair, and fair play makes everyone happy.

2 hours ago, Zimzala said:

if you personally want to treat a GaaS game like a job and try to play CEO/Board of Directors in your own mind over DEs actions about how the game functions, you go right ahead and have a party.

You read my post wrong dude. read the last line

I'm literally saying the analogy OP brought into this game doesn't work to his favor. Nowhere am I agreeing with him.

Gen X'ers these days wanting participation rewards. 🤣

Failure is more like "do not pass Go, do not collect $200"

if you want to equate it to a real life scenario its more like I hire you to mow my lawn.  If you come to my house, pull up a lawn chair and drink beer all day and leave - you think I'm going to pay you? No- my grass has to be shorter for that to happen.

As others have said, a bug is awful. But Warframe is permanently in open beta and will always have some bugs. That is the risk you run when you play this game. Report and move on.

That said, you as a Tenno/Warframe, are a soldier. Soldiers get paid for succesfully completing their mission. If you give up, no reward. If you die, you get no reward. A soldier's life is not fair.

You don't get the loot if you fail, but you do get the experience. So take that experience and learn from your mistakes. 😛

*This message is not directed at any individual in particular and is intended to be sarcasm.

Have a nice day! 🙃

16 minutes ago, Ex4ngunat3 said:

I would be happy if I got 1 credit for every person who didn't read the whole thread and just commented on a phrase that triggered them. lol

Silly Void children.

Read through the whole thing. Your suggestion is still rubbish, and the attempt at patronising your peers does you no favours.

Once again thanks to all for your input.

A special thanks to Tsukinoki. Your well reasoned replies have changed my mind on this issue. 

I now understand the situation and why it isn't going to change.

I don't think I can close this thread so I will just let it die of neglect.

Good luck to all and thanks again.

1 minute ago, Ex4ngunat3 said:

Once again thanks to all for your input.

A special thanks to Tsukinoki. Your well reasoned replies have changed my mind on this issue. 

I now understand the situation and why it isn't going to change.

I don't think I can close this thread so I will just let it die of neglect.

Good luck to all and thanks again.

Report your original post and ask for it to be closed, they'll close it

Archived