Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call of the Tempestarii: Update 30

[DE]Rebecca

10 minutes ago, Valfaun said:

man i hope we get non-Railjack content soon... i'm so tired of Railjack. if only you had given Archwings the same content treatment back then instead of essentially scrapping the concept

My sentiment as well. And once I get all frame and weapon parts, there'll be no reason to touch void storms... until DE puts yet another contrivance into the game mode to funnel players into it.

I just attempted the Seven Sirens Railjack mission with the Void Storm but I had to abort it because it required killing 2 Crew Ships but only one ever spawned. I stayed and killed everything until enemies completely stopped spawning and I completed the other high value target and still no second Crew Ship. I finally had to abort when there was nothing left to kill or do in the mission.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed endless Affinity gain from Crew Repairs by sitting in a mission and allowing the Railjack to take damage while your Crew cleans up. Affinity granting Repairs from Crew mates now has a cap of 20 per mission

Your grind often doesn't respect my time - why should I respect yours? This was harmless, and it's been removed. For the investment necessary, it wasn't even a fast way to level up anything, either.

DE mirage oneiro get all mess up when you change colors. why the white color has to paint over the black, now I can´t pick the color that I want because of the dirty textures. 

Spoiler

colors.png

also you cant see on the screenshot but the metallic texture is the same material that has white spots all over

Just want to point something out real quick: Despite Mirage Oneiro's design being assymetric, someone mirrored either the preview in this changelog, or the preview on the launcher.

Assuming Mirage is right-handed, whoever put this changelog together mirrored the preview image for the skin which I feel is a silly thing to do :P

Complete void railjack mission. Voting is broken, and now we're all stuck in an infinite warp.
Did y'all even playtest this before deployment?!?!?

Or just kick it out the door and screw the players, like normal....

All we can do is alt-F4 and hope that we got rewards.... Can't even check what those rewards were except for the WF part...

I am thoroughly impressed- Void Storms are even less stable than Railjack release. I'm not sure how it was managed, but I have an idea where the programmers that wrote waypoints ended up. 20 minute missions without rewards that you can't successfully exit. Yep. Raising (read 'lowering') that bar even farther.

I'd like to be optimistic about it being fixed, but given the number of Void Fissure Defense missions that still don't drop enough reactant to crack relics... well. Experience will certainly temper my optimism.

Oh, and if you're keeping track, Dark Split Sword holster animations are still broken. Going on 4 years now? 

4 minutes ago, xXkrentonXx said:

is sevagoth shadow supposed to be dragging their hands while doing forward combo?

Could you post a couple screenshots of the animation? Sounds like it could be a bug, but considering it's a g-g-g-ghost "normal" applies a bit less to it I'd say. Giving an image that mods or QA could pass to the devs would be a quick way for them to make sure it's working fine at a glance.

3 hours ago, Pixxel_5 said:

Oberon and Ash do not belong in high level Railjack reward tables.

If Railjack really needs these Warframes in its reward tables, then they should be in the Earth and Venus Proxima regions.

Players who are in a position to comfortably farm the higher level Railjack missions (e.g. Veil Proxima, Pluto Proxima) don't need Ash or Oberon. They most likely already have these Warframes or have better alternatives. Players who WOULD benefit from having Oberon or Ash aren't in a position to farm high level Railjack. It's just frustrating to everyone as they're getting non-evergreen rewards that aren't really useful for them. A new player doesn't need parts for an MR 10 pistol. An experienced player doesn't need these beginner Warframes.

Having Oberon and Ash as low level Railjack rewards would give new players a more meaningful tangible reward early on. It would also give them a reason to engage with Railjack earlier, and let them farm content that they can comfortably and viably complete with their starting Railjack and low MR gear.

Oberon used to be the most accessible healing/support Warframe. Easy to get, easy to mod, easy to play. By the time a player has finished with their basic star chart, they would have gone on enough 20+ minute farming runs for various resources that they would likely have all the Oberon parts they need. Oberon is an important part of any new player's arsenal, along with Rhino. With him being locked behind the Veil Proxima and other high level Railjack missions, a new player won't be getting Oberon from progressing through the game when they would benefit from him.

By the time a new player will be in a position to farm the Veil Proxima, they will already have needed to complete so much other content to get the gear needed for the enemies there, that they would be better off farming the Ambulas boss on Pluto for Trinity or the Granum Void fissures for Protea.

And it's a similar story with Ash, a.k.a. "bulkier stabby Loki". Invisibility is a really powerful tool for a new player to have early on. Ash's invisibility is among the weaker versions out there, but it's still entirely serviceable. His kit is also relatively straightforward to use and duration-mods aside, he doesn't want or need any fancy gear to do his thing. From a modding and gameplay point of view, he's a good frame for a player who is starting to dip their toe into post-Star Chart content.

Having these Warframes early on (especially with how diluted the drop tables for bonus objectives are) would mean that new players engage with the low level Railjack planets for long enough that they will actually have some basic gear and intrinsics farmed up to move on to mid- and high-level Railljack missions.

Those drop tables should be unified as well to not have 4 different amounts of Endo or a single relic or two for a 5-10 minute long mission, but that's a whole different issue.

Beautifully said.

With the scale of the so called "Void Storm" makes it sound so epic but it's not as efficient as regular Void Fissure missions. I was expecting we'll be able to crack more Relics in one go rather than 1 at a time. The Time vs Reward for Void Storm missions are very poor, the number of objectives seems scales badly. If a player is doing a Void Storm, the sole purpose is either to get a Sevagoth Part or actually crack a Relic, and the only one being done is the Sevagoth Parts (Corrupted Enemies requires you to be inside, and it's not even a guarantee that they'll be corrupted) and after that, I can 100% guarantee that these Void Storms will be forgotten due to its inefficiency. Regardless of whatever rewards you add on top of it, there's a reason why players actually do the mission and that's to get Prime Parts and again, Void Storms is the worst way to get them.

If I can suggest possible system (if they're remotely possible to be done):
- Allow multiple Relics to be cracked. This can be done in a way that players can always set up to 4 Relics of each Era to be active (Lith, Meso, Neo, and Axi). Joining a Void Storm puts your active set of relics for that era in play. So you'll always have 4 Relics that you can immediately crack in one instance of Void Storm, however when at least one player joins, this would reduce your active set of relics to the first 2 you've placed (similar to Crewmates where they get replaced according to their order). This will guarantee you at least 2 Relics to be cracked, 2 rewards to be chosen from a pool of 4 (2 Player Squad), 6 (3 Player Squad) , or 8 (Full Squad). 

The Void Traces also scales and adjusts accordingly to the squad, requiring 40 if you're Solo and becoming 20 if you're in a Squad.

This will drastically differentiate it from players who would rather go for a Void Fissure which are (we all know) are quick and fast as opposed to Void Storms which requires more coordination and investment. Also perhaps make it a default that "ALL ENEMIES" in a Void Storm becomes Corrupted, this makes it easier for players joining halfway through from catching up with their Void Traces.

Not being able to choose to start your OWN public Railjack mission is horrible.  There needs to be a limit so that terrible Railjacks are not allowed to start Veil missions (both weapons and armor).  Veil Void Storms on a 1.2 k health Railjack with MK1 weapons is awfully unfun.  These should not be allowed to host.

Too many hoops to go through with Railjack missions to get in and out of them successfully.  Why still 2 mission end screens?

Oberon and Ash being in Proxima missions is still an atrocity.  So is having defense missions out there.  Why were the new "Railjack" missions so full of non-Railjack content?

42 minutes ago, CoffeeElemental said:

Void Storms, yeah, no. I'm not going to spend 20+ minutes to get rid of only 1 relic. New visuals look juicy (maybe even too juicy sometimes).

The quest is interesting but too short imo.

Agrees.....then continues to read.

The new warframe blueprints and the weapon blueprints are void storm drop exclusives, at 10% drop chances.

This is how they're going to get us to grind this mode....until we get the new stuff and simply abandon it to demonstrate that we hate it as much as they seem to hate the players.  Yeah....1-0.910 = 65%.  Goody.  2/3 players will have the rewards after 10 runs...........

So no corpus liches in this one either? Didn't they said that they would come with call of the tempestari? That was the only thing i was waiting for but guess DE-layed again. No reason for me to return to this update then as a veteran apart from getting the new frame...

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

‘Call of the Tempestarii’ is a Solo quest

In the words of the late, great George Carlin, "WHY?!? WHAT KIND OF SOCIAL LIVES DO THESE PEOPLE HAVE?!?"

There was nothing in quests like Rising Tide or Deadlock Protocol that demanded they be solo like War Within, so why is EVERY new quest Solo? I don't think that we've had a new Multiplayer quest in this Multiplayer game in over 4 years.

Archived