Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox got nerfed

Refson

Question

Now I don't know what happened but with the build I was running with I used to nuke every thing now I don't. Any ideas on how I could increase my damage; I'm using a max range and duration/efficiency setup. 

7 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

First quick, silly question, you sure you don't have an extinguished Dragon Key Equipped? 

If not, next question, how long has it been since you played, and what Equinox nerfs are you talking about? 

well I never put dragon keys in regular missions I only used them for corrupted vault so I don't think the problems comes from that. well I remember playing again a few months after the status changes but I am not sure how it would link up to the maim ability that I am using in this equinox build unknown.png

8 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Keys only affect weapons, not abilities

How long do you charge the damage? Was it the same damage you released your 4?

When I do high level content (100+) I generally release my 4 when it's at about 200k +

3 minutes ago, --KennyakaEike-- said:

That is false they affect everything @GnarlsDarkley

I went to the wiki after he posted that and I can't find anything to verify his claims it only affects weapons It just says "damage" and nowhere in the notes does it say using ability damage is a tip to bypass that. 

If he's right the wiki needs some serious updating. 

@RefsonI just asked because sometimes the best of us forget we still had them in our gear wheel from when we were running a vault, and don't realize that is what's wrong at first. If that's not the case, that's not the case though. 

12 minutes ago, --KennyakaEike-- said:

9 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I went to the wiki after he posted that and I can't find anything to verify his claims it only affects weapons It just says "damage" and nowhere in the notes does it say using ability damage is a tip to bypass that. 

If he's right the wiki needs some serious updating. 

@RefsonI just asked because sometimes the best of us forget we still had them in our gear wheel from when we were running a vault, and don't realize that is what's wrong at first. If that's not the case, that's not the case though. 

I'm getting mix results in the simulacrum. Ash's Shuriken, Excalibur's Radial Javelin, Atlas Landslide, and Frost's Freeze are affected by the key. Mag's Pull, Atlas's Tectonics, Frost's Avalanche and Equinox's Maim are not affected.

9 hours ago, Refson said:

When I do high level content (100+) I generally release my 4 when it's at about 200k +

That's really low damage. Your build isn't great, while you don't need much power strength, you do at least need some for the initial slash damage. Your maim boost will also be altered by how much health the enemy has.

9 hours ago, --KennyakaEike-- said:

No you're wrong.

See how unhelpful that was? I'm not actually saying that you're wrong, I'm just trying to demonstrate how unhelpful leaving a comment without further explanation may feel for others. 

So yeah, next time you try helping others, you might want to post links to back up your statements. include simple explanations about your claims. Or at the very least give supporting proofs "that's false, according to wiki..." or "that's false, I've tested it myself with x abilities..." so the people's you're trying to educate can get... educated.

Just now, Slayer-. said:

I guess in a way it goes the long way around, effecting Warframe stats in the end effects overall damage.

@-CdG-Zilchy YES YES YES. :tongue:

Ah yes when I farmed focus on Adaro my strength at the time was a little low then, had range and duration and used Calm & Fenzy.

Damn lunatic...

There used to be a bug for high level content where using Trinity's well of life snap shotted their health and a percentage of it was gained by maim. When enemies at later levels have hundreds of millions of health you can imagine how big the maim damage was lol. 

For Adaro lol you don't need any power strength just range, duration and the augment. Although thanks to Helminth I now have rest on Loki and use him instead. 

But yeh, remove your power strength down to say 140 or so. Add more range to hit more when you release maim and then add efficiency or some survival and your build will be better for it and have increased DPS with the greater range.

6 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

wtf? You drunk?

as to anyone else replying I am wrong: Maybe it was changed or you do sth wrong but when I opened Rivens requiring to defend a Defense Objective without damage with an Extinguished Dragon I used my abilities everytime to still do massive damage while my weapons were literally sh1t.

I can also equip an extinguihsed Dragon Key and nuke my way through Exterminations with my Limbo. So yeah. Idk what you want from me. Tested it even right now and they always take the same damage

Dragon keys do not affect abilities only warframe stats and weaponry. Just to clarify for them.

3 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Hide contents

O5BZr.jpg

ZqzX5.gif

Glad we got that sorted.  gKDYI.gif

One of my all time favorite XKCD comics and one I've pulled out a number of times over the years. 

Sounds like maybe the wiki needs a little updating, apart from that business as usual. And a reminder the wiki is not always a complete source of information. 

Edit: Not that it says it affects ability damage, it just doesn't say anything either way. 

11 hours ago, Refson said:

Now I don't know what happened but with the build I was running with I used to nuke every thing now I don't.

Which mission?
Which enemy? Corpus? Grineer? Infested?
What is the enemy level?

Some Corpus enemies, like Nullifier Crewman, are difficult to try to nuke with Warframe abilities. Enemies don't take damage from most Warframe abilities while in the Nullifier bubble.

Arbitration mission with Arbitration drones don't take damage from most Warframe abilities.

12 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Reveal hidden contents

O5BZr.jpg

ZqzX5.gif

Glad we got that sorted.  gKDYI.gif

@-CdG-Zilchy What sort of strength does that player need.

I'm using 265% strength with a 190 range seems to work.

Jesus! No no no... bad Slayer!!

For maim you mostly want range and some duration to keep the energy up. You want about 140 power strength just for the initial ability dmg(that stun you see them affected by). After that you do not need power strength, what you need is a weapon that hits them for a lot of damage. You gain a percentage of the damage done to their health, if you overkill them you gain it. This also scales with enemy health which is why in normal game I will kill about 5 enemies and have a maim of about 5 million wheras if I kill 5 in Steel Path I would have around 50 million damage. And that's slash damage so they're really screwed. One of my favourite methods with Equinox is a pure toxin kronen vs Corpus, 2-3 kills and then you will nuke the room.

TLDR - all that your extra power strength is doing is increasing the damage value of that initial stun attack, it won't increase your maim gain rate. Remove those mods, increase your range, efficiency or survivability instead.

10 hours ago, NekroArts said:

I'm getting mix results in the simulacrum. Ash's Shuriken, Excalibur's Radial Javelin, Atlas Landslide, and Frost's Freeze are affected by the key. Mag's Pull, Atlas's Tectonics, Frost's Avalanche and Equinox's Maim are not affected.

Okay, this piqued my interest.  I know that Atlas' Landslide is affected by your melee weapon's mods, so that might explain why a Dragon Key gimps it.  But aren't Excal's Radial Javelin and Ash's Shuriken just flat damage scaled by Ability Strength?  Why are they affected?  Is there a rule to the madness, or is each ability affected differently by the key?

Just now, MqToasty said:

Okay, this piqued my interest.  I know that Atlas' Landslide is affected by your melee weapon's mods, so that might explain why a Dragon Key gimps it.  But aren't Excal's Radial Javelin and Ash's Shuriken just flat damage scaled by Ability Strength?  Why are they affected?  Is there a rule to the madness, or is each ability affected differently by the key?

When he posted the inconsistency, I have a theory that maybe for some reason (and it's probably either a bug or something to do with their spaghetti code), that is causing certain abilities to register as weapon damage somehow behind the scenes.

Like you said Landslide makes some sense, as it uses melee mods, but the other two are a bit more mysterious as to how and why that would work how it does if Extinguished is supposed to be weapon damage gimp only when "working as intended" as they like to say. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

One of my all time favorite XKCD comics and one I've pulled out a number of times over the years. 

Sounds like maybe the wiki needs a little updating, apart from that business as usual. And a reminder the wiki is not always a complete source of information. 

Edit: Not that it says it affects ability damage, it just doesn't say anything either way. 

I guess in a way it goes the long way around, effecting Warframe stats in the end effects overall damage.

5 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Jesus! No no no... bad Slayer!!

For maim you mostly want range and some duration to keep the energy up. You want about 140 power strength just for the initial slash dmg(that stun you see them affected by). After that you do not need power strength, what you need is a weapon that hits them for a lot of damage. You gain a percentage of the damage done to their health, if you overkill them you gain it. This also scales with enemy health which is why in normal game I will kill about 5 enemies and have a maim of about 5 million wheras if I kill 5 in Steel Path I would have around 50 million damage. And that's slash damage so they're really screwed. One of my favourite methods with Equinox is a pure toxin kronen vs Corpus, 2-3 kills and then you will nuke the room.

@-CdG-Zilchy YES YES YES. :tongue:

Ah yes when I farmed focus on Adaro my strength at the time was a little low then, had range and duration and used Calm & Fenzy.

Archived