Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do people WANT out of this game?

3 hours ago, (PSN)FromOtherSpace said:

It's a joke reply. Obviously we don't take breaks. We force ourselves to login everyday, and rant as hard as we could in this forum to compensate with our frustration. Not even sarcasm, just the truth.

Light up, buddy. Have a great day

main things I want, in terms of the grand scheme of things:

- New War's narrative and Duviri to eventually materialize: they won't live up to the hype no matter what, but it would at least mean the main story can finally progress. I'd be fine with an ending that scraps Lotus, but that's not gonna happen. 

- Invasion Rework, because the war between Corpus and Grineer is hardly noticeable, despite both sides owning several planets, and millions upon millions of soldiers. I want them to be actively trying to take each other's territory constantly and fight on tilesets where a real WAR is going on.

- Railjack's potential to be fully realized: ideally with a good version of squad link that incorporates Railjack and the core game together, a mode where we can roam around raiding ships for loot as space pirates would also be nice.

- Dual wielding for all  one-handed melee + Pistol (Daggers, Machete and Sword. DE originally promised it, but they've never delivered it. here's hoping after the mele rework at some point..

-  Dark Split-Swords getting a unique stance that uses both Dual Sword and Heavy Blade attacks, a la Bloodborne-style combos. this then opens up the weapon class to have more versions added: Grineer Split Sword, Corpus Split Sword etc.

- a old school, Tenno styled Bolt Action Sniper rifle, preferably with working bayonet, but I'll settle for a strong sniper.

- a proper hand cannon revolver that's slow but packs an insane punch.

- some neglected older Weapons to get their long-overdue primes: Dual Zoren, Tonbo and AkMagnus Primes mainly.

I think that's about it. don't ask for much, do I? 😋

On 2021-06-19 at 4:32 AM, ebrl said:

Good luck with that, seeing as the core principle of Warframe design is to never seriously challenge the player. As I've said other times in these forums: DE probably has a whiteboard in the meeting room with MISSION FAILURES ARE BAD FOR PLAYER RETENTION written on it. Being the least challenging it can be while still qualifying as a game is both their niche and their business model.

Spoken like a tryhard that will never be satisfied with anything, because whatever is come up with will end up min-maxed within a week or 2 tops leading right back to the same tired complaints. As well as someone completely ignorant of anything outside of their own min-maxed meta-build running view that makes anything and everything "easy" (as well as likely having a squad that also reduces difficulty on top of that). Also that if DE were to ever touch their builds and mods in an effort to move towards difficulty would grab the cardboard soapbox to whine and cry over it. Likely because of a certain appeal that starts with "m" ends with "-chistic". I was around in 2013 when there were only 5 revives till Mission Failure; the tutorial enemies could & would obliterate you (leading to me almost not even giving the game a chance in the first place) and the game never needs to return back to that state. My non-meta build running, non-max mods running, and solo running can still easily get a Mission Fail especially when it comes to particular mission types. Especially not for the specific sorry whining lot like yourself that any number of other "difficulty" grabs DE has attempted has just gotten them whined at more; while also locking content behind difficulty walls non-max modded meta-build running tryhards have to deal with as a consequence. Crawl back to Dark Souls, Nioh, or whatever other game that metaphorically pulls out your teeth to make you feel alive.

On 2021-06-19 at 10:01 AM, XiPoohBear said:

-snip-

Um they've majorly improved Railjack, speaking as someone that went from not touching it in its original form to loving it in its 2.0 incarnation; it could still be improved but its complete b.s. to say its been "abandoned".

Also "highly monetized", rofl god how ignorance shows itself. Try a Korean MMO out then come back to me with this garbage (except by that point you'll know better).

If anything DE's problem is them twisting themselves in knots trying to give everyone something, instead of just saying no to certain types. Though with the amount of salt you're clearly carrying I doubt it matters; since you clearly just want to whine likely because they didn't cater to you specifically in regards to some aspect of the game.

2 hours ago, CrimsonXX said:

Spoken like a tryhard

The only one "trying hard" here is you with that completely out of nowhere absolute meltdown, which is not worth addressing in detail. I wasn't even being dismissive of Warframe, if I was I wouldn't have, idk, 1k+ hours into it - I just said exactly what the game is right now, and why it is like that, nobody plays Warframe for the challenge, when you want challenge you play something else instead. You decided to assume I was criticizing it out of your own lack of reading comprehension and poor anger management, so maybe go get offended at a mirror instead.

Game balance and a reason to log in. Bring back raids, lift the Armistice, revamp the Invasion system, let us go to Tau, make Railjack more like Sea of Thieves where you can just run around for hours doing stuff, let me adopt and build a settlement. Just give me something to do that isn't more "collect another gun you'll never use".

Mainly: bug fixes, especially PvP. Earlier this year I would've added Railjack, but the last few I've played (all solo, though) were finally a mostly smooth ride.

Then maybe another general mode that isn't Mobile Defence in a new disguise. And not another excuse to force me into the clunky mechs like Orphix, tyvm. My mech once got caught on one of those floating Corpus Ship propaganda drones when I tried to solo an Orphix RJ mission, I kid you not. :facepalm:

Finally, a better take on core mechanics and scaling, both of us and of enemies. Unlikely to happen how I would want it, but there's a lot of room to improve towards that.

More emphasis on differences between game parts.

Take enemy density and EHP for example. The Infested are the de-facto horde faction, but other factions aren't very far off with their numbers. It'd be nice to have flatter per-tile EHP numbers, so that highly durable enemies (like Grineer) are fewer in number and we have more of a reason to use single-target weapons versus "AOE all the time". Or at least less of a reason not to use single-target weapons. It'd also make something like the Infested stand out more, and maybe we could even up their spawns to Steel Path levels so they really feel like the horde faction. Nothing says we just have to cut down the number of enemies, after all.

Likewise, I'd like it if the way drops worked in Spy missions was retooled so that being sneaky and stealthy was the better way to go. Instead of giving drops from enemies, give them in the vaults based on how many enemies you encountered that were never alerted. Something that changes the gameplay up a lot more and emphasizes the parts that make Spy different. (This could be justified by alerted enemies remotely deleting their personal data from the vaults. So if they're unalerted, you're stealing from the mooks' supply caches around the system. Also makes more sense to why data vaults contain physical things.)

And leaving me the frek alone when I'm fishing. And giving me a fishing rod so I can do proper fishing. I don't need everything to adhere to an action game: a moment of peace is valuable too.

Also, I'd like to see DE recognize what works and just roll with it a lot more. Parazon finishers, for example: their current implementation doesn't work, except it works just fine with thralls. Recognize that the thrall "kneeling" system works and just make Parazon finishers into that. Same with melee mods that make melee good being kinda-sorta-but-not-quite copied over to primaries and secondaries. Like, if the stats are as close as you say (and they're pretty close), and you want to make primaries and secondaries as good as melees, why not just give primaries and secondaries the things that make melees good? Not "a little bit" of what makes them good, or a kneecapped version of what makes them good, or "Amalgam Argon Scope", but just the whole thing copied over.

Sure, that might be "lazy", but if you have a working wheel, why reinvent it? Coders copy-paste for a reason.

14 hours ago, ebrl said:

The only one "trying hard" here is you with that completely out of nowhere absolute meltdown, which is not worth addressing in detail. I wasn't even being dismissive of Warframe, if I was I wouldn't have, idk, 1k+ hours into it - I just said exactly what the game is right now, and why it is like that, nobody plays Warframe for the challenge, when you want challenge you play something else instead. You decided to assume I was criticizing it out of your own lack of reading comprehension and poor anger management, so maybe go get offended at a mirror instead.

I swear people on the internet these days truly have little to no grasp on what is a "meltdown" and what is someone going above and beyond to tear apart b.s. when seen. Also "not worth addressing" = can't push back because all of what I said is reflected from the game and my own experience in it thus the attempt at dismissing it away. What you did was present YOUR very skewed, very ignorant, and very self-focused take on the game; not some objective state of the game. Also I don't really care if you had 20k hours in the game, doesn't change that I'll call out tryhard b.s. when I see it. I won't speak for "everyone" but for myself I've NEVER not even once played Warframe for challenge, even back in the days of getting killed off in the TUTORIAL MISSION against Vor in his 1.0 incarnation. Someone not getting off to having their face shoved into the ground, what an absolute shock (/sarcasm). I played it cause of its aesthetic of a scifi rpg, then Second Dream furthered that cause of the story; though even with that in mind I still run across challenge cause I don't run maxed mods, meta-build, and/or squad. Though that part is something self-absorbed tryhards fail to grasp every single time, that the world doesn't revolve around them and their min-maxed, meta-build running, tryhard b.s. DE tried to dip into that vein and as a result we got Kuva Liches, Scarlet Spear, Steel Path, and Railjack (1.0); I'll take story and universe expansion over that any day of the week.

My reading comprehension is perfectly fine as is my anger management, though you clearly may want to work on growing thicker skin and breaking out of that self-absorbed ignorance. Dark Souls exists (though even that with a meta-mage build becomes as tryhards talk about Warframe "trivial", almost like its about the player choosing to cheese through content instead of actually going for challenge of it); Nioh exists; go play those and stop your whining if its that big of an issue.

On 2021-06-20 at 8:47 PM, Tyreaus said:

Likewise, I'd like it if the way drops worked in Spy missions was retooled so that being sneaky and stealthy was the better way to go. Instead of giving drops from enemies, give them in the vaults based on how many enemies you encountered that were never alerted. Something that changes the gameplay up a lot more and emphasizes the parts that make Spy different. (This could be justified by alerted enemies remotely deleting their personal data from the vaults. So if they're unalerted, you're stealing from the mooks' supply caches around the system. Also makes more sense to why data vaults contain physical things.)

That's actually a very good point.

In terms of rewards, there has always been a very big focus on Affinity and RNG resources & mods, but rarely is a particular playstyle rewarded that doesn't just try to min-max a win condition. Although there are of course hints to that with e.g. stealth kills (easily abused with certain builds) or unalerted data extraction giving bonus Affinity (certain Warframe abilities completely trivialise this).

But it's a far cry from other, more nuanced systems like K-Drive tricks or Conclave kill boni/challenges. Feels like they never really wanted to explore that area any further, the major exception here is probably Riven unlocks.

Of course it's very hard when they give us so many tools to bypass almost any game system.

Archived