Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Taking a long break.

Mardomus

I'm going to take a long break and hopefully during my break the Devs fix many of these under performing and less played warframes. After seeing the new water frame and looking at Hydroid, I had enough. So many old frames need help, and the lack of attention to them is sad. I play Hydroid, Vauban and Atlas and not happy with any of their fixes. Most of the fixes people wanted went to the new frames leaving the old ones far behind and out dated. Can't really play the game if what I want to play isn't on par to newer frames. I'm sure once you actually fix these older frames or underperformed ones, more players might come back to their once favorite frame.

I too am taking a break from warframe. The proposed balance changes have put me right off. There’s so many glaring issues with the game, ranging from balance to performance, yet the devs have decided to target one of the few things people actually like.

Im just tired of the whole thing, tired of over promising and under delivering. Tired of the half baked excuses, tired of the wasted potential. More than half of the things in the game are so poorly balanced that they are just wasted space. 

When I play a game like league of legends and there’s a balance patch every 2 weeks, I look at warframe and I’m honestly sad. The game would benefit from having developers that were actually hands on.

Or when I play Path of Exile, and every few months there’s a new season with balance changes, new mechanics for the current league etc, again I look at warframe and the huge content droughts between middling releases. 

It really just feels like DE is asleep at the wheel, and not willing to put the effort it to actually have warframe fulfil its potential.

Like literally, when it came to addressing the Arsenal divide, it was decided it was “too hard” to go in and change the base stats of the weapons. How revealing is that?

Should we as consumers be willing to accept that the developers of their own game arent even willing to put in the effort to change some numbers?

Do them in batches, do a couple hundred, do literally ANYTHING besides adding some half baked arcanes and mods.

I’m so disappointed in DE and Warframe, not because they are bad developers or it’s a bad game, the exact opposite. I’m disappointed in the wasted potential.

23 minutes ago, Mardomus said:

I'm going to take a long break and hopefully during my break the Devs fix many of these under performing and less played warframes. After seeing the new water frame and looking at Hydroid, I had enough. So many old frames need help, and the lack of attention to them is sad. I play Hydroid, Vauban and Atlas and not happy with any of their fixes. Most of the fixes people wanted went to the new frames leaving the old ones far behind and out dated. Can't really play the game if what I want to play isn't on par to newer frames. I'm sure once you actually fix these older frames or underperformed ones, more players might come back to their once favorite frame.

I feel ya mate, just don't forget that Warframe's not the only game out there, you can drop in and out, and you don't have to get everything or nothing.

Best wishes for a buff to some of the older frames.

What's wrong with Vauban?

Also... you can't play the game if the frame you like isn't "on par" with other frames? Wait what? Any frame can play any game content. sure, some are tailored to be more effective in certain modes, but all frames are viable. In fact, Vauban is one of the most versatile frames in the game.

You'll be waiting a painfully long time then. Hydroid is the only frame of those three that needs work unless you find Atlas still needing a stat stick a deal breaker.

And what fixes are going to other frames? The only relation the new frame has to Hydroid is being water themed and nothing in their kit would make any sense being put into Hydroids.

I know where you are coming from, I ragequit when I saw they had copy-pasted a second planet-grind with venus.

Cetus gameplay would anger me, and I don't mean just a little bit.

I don't think I ever played a bad game, even the really terrible ones, that registered emotionally at all. Games that had bad patches I'd might get like 7% annoyed or 15% if they straight ruined the game. But no stress.

With warframe's planet-grind on Cetus, I got so, I dont know, provoked I guess, I felt like I was getting ready to commit murder or climb the walls in an asylum lol.

I found mining especially degrading, an insult, but everything about it, loading times, day cycles, all of it, I only managed to get through it, by repeating to myself I never had to play planet-grinding ever again, lol.

The other thing that got me through was being allowed to curse and rage at the Cetus planet-grind on our discord and distracting myself by focusing on not grinding my teeth, stop tightning my muscles and try to remove the mental images of punching a fist through my monitor.

I played through Cetus in that state of mind the whole time. Easily my biggest emotional accomplishment in video gaming.

Was so proud of myself for fighting through it, like a vietnam tour of video gaming or something. Bugs swarming your face, just the whole discomfort and emtional pressure.

So when I saw the second planet-grind announcement, I straight up couldn't take it anymore. Not trying to dramatize or overstate the point but it broke me.

Didn't play from the time of venus until 2 weeks before Deimos, which ironically I hadn't heard about, not having kept track of the game. Like days if I installed the game again the third planet-grind was announced lmao.

But I am no longer feeling frustrated with the game, I don't feel anything. I have no expectations or hope so I don't get disappointed. though I also don't get excited.

The way I play warframe now is turning the sound down and listening to things in the background, zoned out from the game, where no amount of problems or grind in the game registers with me at all, I just don't care anymore.

11 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

With warframe's planet-grind on Cetus, I got so, I dont know, provoked I guess, I felt like I was getting ready to commit murder or climb the walls in an asylum lol.

I found mining especially degrading, an insult, but everything about it, loading times, day cycles, all of it, I only managed to get through it, by repeating to myself I never had to play planet-grinding ever again, lol.

The other thing that got me through was being allowed to curse and rage at the Cetus planet-grind on our discord and distracting myself by focusing on not grinding my teeth, stop tightning my muscles and try to remove the mental images of punching a fist through my monitor.

i'm sorry but i feel like if a game makes you THAT angry over...basically nothing, you should take a long long long long long long long long long looooooooooooong break from it.

let's just say...uninstall it all together. 

(let me specify, i'm not trying to be toxic. it's just concearning how mad you said you got about it)

Warframe is a farming based videogame and this will never change..

DE puts open worlds to give stuff to do, things to farm, weapons, frames, bosses and extra cutsye things like the floofs to give players something to do between big releases. 

17 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

I ragequit when I saw they had copy-pasted a second planet-grind with venus.

Plus...i feel like you're a bit much biased about Cetus and Fortuna beind "copy-pasted". 

They are very different open worlds with very different story, weapons, things to do, reasons to lvl it up etc etc. 

You may not like the whole open world thing, and that's absolutely fine and valid...but copy-pasted? nha. 

24 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

But I am no longer feeling frustrated with the game, I don't feel anything. I have no expectations or hope so I don't get disappointed. though I also don't get excited.

The way I play warframe now is turning the sound down and listening to things in the background, zoned out from the game, where no amount of problems or grind in the game registers with me at all, I just don't care anymore.

imho this is the perfect way to look at a farming game.

it's self destructing to be hyped or over exited at a game that needs costant fixes and changes, it's not...healthy.

2 hours ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

i'm sorry but i feel like if a game makes you THAT angry over...basically nothing, you should take a long long long long long long long long long looooooooooooong break from it.

let's just say...uninstall it all together. 

(let me specify, i'm not trying to be toxic. it's just concearning how mad you said you got about it)

Warframe is a farming based videogame and this will never change..

DE puts open worlds to give stuff to do, things to farm, weapons, frames, bosses and extra cutsye things like the floofs to give players something to do between big releases. 

Plus...i feel like you're a bit much biased about Cetus and Fortuna beind "copy-pasted". 

They are very different open worlds with very different story, weapons, things to do, reasons to lvl it up etc etc. 

You may not like the whole open world thing, and that's absolutely fine and valid...but copy-pasted? nha. 

imho this is the perfect way to look at a farming game.

it's self destructing to be hyped or over exited at a game that needs costant fixes and changes, it's not...healthy.

Yeah like I touched on, I generally don't get upset, like at all, over anything. I'd say in real life I see myself as somewhere between Lebowski and Lafleur.

I never had any video game really do much of anything emotionally, maybe playing silent hill 2 on the mary jane or something. I played a lot of bad video games lol, I mean really terrible.

I once bought a video game that would disable your monitor, if your monitor wasn't running at exact Hz as the game was, which mine wasn't. Another game I bought would not launch at all, if you didn't have a mic plugged into your PC, and it was mainly a singleplayer game with added DM.

Respect to the players who were able to find that out, because you didn't get any error message from the game, it could have been anything.

Obvious developer mistakes that shouldn't happen.

Those times I'd describe myself as, almost ready to conside if I should get annoyed but ultimately just shrug and make fun of it.

Cetus however, the tall grass where you can't see the NPCs aimbotting you from halfway across the map, strike team spam on fishing, the malfunctioning loading door, day cycles wasting your time.

Like if someone on our discord said the word "Cetus" or even something related to Cetus my mouth would automatically bite the teeth together and I could feel myself blushing from the anger, instinctive rampage mode.

I mean, I literally had confrontations in the street, actual street fights, real ones, that didn't stress me, I worked 12 hour shift in customer service, face to face nothing ever bothered me, not 1/20 of how terrible Cetus annoyed me. At the time I'd probably rather take 50 lashes to my naked ass, than play Cetus. lmao.

If you've ever seen a joe pesci mobster movie where he starts raging, that's a perfect summary of the conversations we had on discord about Cetus.

It was fun enough when it wasn't you and someone else was down there and raging at it though.

"I gotta run in circles around this (...) lake on this (...) map for some stupid (...) (...) thing for this (...) (...), (...) game (...) (...)" lol. Then, "oh my (...) god, this (...) (...) (...) only spawns at night, what the (...) is wrong with these (...) (...) could they waste anymore (...) time on (...) (...) (...) - pause, then just a barrage of swearing.

Finally followed by some exclamation sound of contempt , like "sigh" or "hhhrr", "tsh" or "pfft". "Dah".

I mean Cetus should be recorded as a text book example of terrible gameplay. How not to do it.

Don't add mining in a shooter, don't add mining period, don't add broken loading zones and so on.

I enjoy the combat and parkour of Warframe, and it being f2p and co-op.

Everything else is about coping with it, if possible. And no one is blaming anyone, if they had enough and can't take it anymore, everyone's been there.

The grind, a grind, grinding as a concept in video game isn't a working concept that brings something to the table. It's an emergency bandaid, that should not be kept in place instead of a real structure.

It's not a load-bearing structure or whatever.

Grinding is about developers not being able to produce content fast enough and, or content that is clever enough, to keep up with the players. So the grind is proportional in size to developers lack of ability. It's a shameful act.

The slower they are, the more you have to repeat the same content. It's a complacency buffer.

How long until the next patch is ready? 4 months? Okay, then have them replay content based on x drop rate, hell live a little, make the drop rate even smaller and take a week off.

I think I learned about dynamic gameplay in the mid 90s, though it probably predates that. Let's call grinding obsolete by quarter of a century.

You either stagnate, surrender, throw in the towel or fight to improve, you can't "only give up a little bit".

So it's either copy-paste or innovate, deciding grinding is a pathetic concept that's degrading to yourself, to have in your product and you are better than that.

Or you decide to coast, do the same thing you always do, with no attempt to improve and accept you just aren't better than that.

One of the problems generally going on, with both movies and video games is them turning corporate.

That generally means high quality creativity is the first to go because the whole business model is focused on formulaic mass production with low production costs, not quality.

The first guy you fire is the expensive writer, or the time consuming professional composer - simply to say, quality and innovation are the devil, they cost money.

It ends up a little un-intuitive, because the parole is always how technology is accelerating and the welcome to the future speech, while movies and video games are actually generic and obsolete in format. Copies of a copy.

A game like GTA 6 is going to get smaller, moving the focus to microtransctions and online, because that's what the formula is saying.

Meaning earlier version of GTA were of much higher quality and had more content. You wouldn't think it, if some guy is trying to sell you more RAM in the PC store, but things are moving backwards.

You must make the push for the next plateau for forever. How do we make a game beyond a grind, how do we make combat deeper, how we do connect lore with gameplay, how to create meaningful pvp, decrease loading times, you name it.

Giving up on improvement is sitting down and surrendering, giving up on yourself, this is as far as ability goes, I am not getting any better. That's defeatism.

If you started running for exercise in your spare time, when would you wake up one morning and decide you didn't want to get better anymore?

Oh, I definitely read plenty of books now, totally time to stop learning!!1

Fighting for that next inch is the default procedure for all life. And it's also where the adventure is, would you like to do the same everyday or try something new?

It's elementary.

5 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

lol I never heard of them.

When I read it I thought oh god I hope it isn't some lamer clickbait youtuber spamming up the forum every week in all broken engrish.

I checked their profile, just a few lines on their front page, and I felt complimented compared to what I was expecting.

Looks like their typing is a lot better than mine so they might get insulted though (canadian "eeh?").

From some of what they said on the front page:

The design of this product never connects people with the responsibility of quality delivery. For example, CDPR..
... Common sense says "PLAY YOUR GAME UPDATE FIRST THEN LAUNCH THE UPDATE LATER". Start playing your own new content updates. Playtest. Organize a team of play testers...

.. 1. Please add custom face for our crew members. We want more options for their customization. 2. I want more options for the tenno features like body type, size and of course spoken lines...

Yes I mean yeah, I like to use the word "reality" a lot, it isn't anyone's monopoly or trademark. I feel very few debates are "a matter of opinion", what they'd call relativism.

Cyperpunk is a good bad example from something recently, and the developers do talk about "connectivity". Is anyone here ready to say Cyberpunk didn't scam the players and relased a broken game, as a certified, historical fact?

So it's just the truth, it's reality, it belongs to everyone.

Wouldn't warframe be better off with more customization? I take that as objective fact everyone should be thinking.

Of course something like, should they invest in lore, cutscenes or pvp can be subjective to the player in question doing a post about it. So it's not like it's outlawed to just rant on emotion, that's fine also.

Other times you just have questions. Great. Go learn something.

The problem is people have this idea about narratives, from social media, that whatever story you can cook up becomes reality.

If you dont' look fat in that picture, you just bent reality by lying about it.

Because I am simple and have a low iq, I need to boil things down to their smallest components, with no stories.

You need to lose weight or you don't.

There isn't anything more than that, no posing, pretending, simulating or cooking up stories. Reality just is.

So you can sit there and die from a heart attack or get on the treadmill, reality doesn't care it just moves on without you. So if you don't deal in reality, it just runs you over.

A narrative is great for science fiction, but for problem solving we must confer with reality. "Keeping it real" as they always told me as a kid lol.

Now obviously corporatism and advertising is entirely fake, which is to be expected. But no one everyone gets that.

Where the gaming industry is firstly unregulated but also has a history of customer oppression for lack of having to respect the players and second on the corporate decline after going mainstream.

What has historically been named "the stagnation of gaming".

So debates about video games and the treatment of players is about overcoming the whole mentality and instituionalized industry disrespect.

Like selling lockboxes to little kids, that kind of thing. Slot machine mechanics is just showing actual discontempt for your consumer.

Even if you are just in it for you, as a player, for the sake of the quality of video games, the standard has to go up.

I know the decline rather well, because I happen to grow up exactly linear to video gaming.

Up until the "stagnation of video gaming", corporatism and commercialization, you'd regularly see games, concepts and technology that never existed before. That is innovation and creativity, something new.

If you look at movies, I guess the first CGI dates back to something like star trek 2, tron? Didn't hit the mainstream until terminator 2, the abyss and especially jurrassic park.

Let's call that birth of CGI 1980.

That is 40 years of nothing going on creatively in the movie industry, I am sure you have noticed everything is a remake, "everything is a copy of a copy"?

That is creative bankruptcy, objectively speaking. It's a historical fact. It's just reality. Corporatism is generic mass production as a universal fact.

Once corporatism comes in, it's lights out creatively - though not financially, ironically.

Transfer the same concept to video games, something like the playstation controller has been the same since 1994.

What was the last year we see a new genre in video gaming?

Remakes. GTA 5 was a remake, and broke all kinds of money records in video gaming, hilariously. And GTA 6 is going to much smaller and much worse, thanks to the corporate formula.

The corporate formula is going to go so far, it will attempt to sell microtransactions without creating a game. Then you could really make some money.

That's the fight we are fighting.

Remakes of resident evil, remake of doom, it's creatively bankrupt, objectively.

It's gotten so bad now, if you want to search information on an item, you have to add "... original" behind it, or you get the remake.

If you look at the very first battlefield game, it was a totally new idea to add vehicles to a fps. Compare the first bf to the newest and that's the progression of video games over 30 years.

Which is to say nada, creatively.

So us OG's out here need to educate the youngsters, maybe even get back into action from the retirement home because they aren't carrying the torch.

Geo lucas coming back age 80 to try to save a sinking star wars after the inspired, energized, young avant garde generation failed on a copy-paste, with much better technology, and a helluva lot more money.

I don't think we've ever seen a generation fail as much as this one when you think about it lol.

So yes, we got problems but I don't have a monopoly on mentioning them.

Archived