Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why people dont want melee to be nerfed?

Silvertap

43 minutes ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

You really dont need to be a jerk about it, you really don't. You don't have to tell people they are playing the wrong way, or the way you're demeaning me. You're doing it because you WANT to be toxic in any conversation you're in, and I'm done with you. You have no right acting like you're better than others just because you can no life the game, or that you know everything about everything about the game. All I did was give me two cents on it, and you slam me because you're getting off to the bullying. You didn't bother trying to talk, all that was on your mind was being a jerk.

LOL. You can think that if you like but if your cup is full how can one fill it more? You literally said you "know what you need to know". That implies you already know enough. There's no slamming here or whatever else you want to call it. Have a nice day. 

FYI If I simply wanted to troll, I would've just said "git gud".

1 hour ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

You really dont need to be a jerk about it, you really don't. You don't have to tell people they are playing the wrong way, or the way you're demeaning me. You're doing it because you WANT to be toxic in any conversation you're in, and I'm done with you. You have no right acting like you're better than others just because you can no life the game, or that you know everything about everything about the game. All I did was give me two cents on it, and you slam me because you're getting off to the bullying. You didn't bother trying to talk, all that was on your mind was being a jerk.

The productive answer you are looking for is to keep using what you've been using, as the melee nerf isn't doing much, despite what people will tell you. If you enjoy melee, you wont notice much of a difference, and you don't need to drop your favorite melee to take up ranged weapons. I'd still recommend trying those weapons if you haven't already, but if you don't want to, you don't need to.

On 2021-06-29 at 3:40 AM, Silvertap said:

I really don't get it...

Melee is so overpowered, it actually kills the game... Look at this

With melee, you either kill things fast, or you don’t. Staying that close to enemies is dangerous. So if the TTK is expanded, so to does the amount of risk you’re taking. 

This is barely a factor in 98% of the game, but when it comes to endurance runs into the thousands of levels, you’re firing on all cylinders and everything matters.

The reason I don’t like the nerfs though, is because DE are “fixing” something people enjoy, while leaving the other hundreds of problems unaddressed. The game has been in serious need of a balance pass for years now, the majority of the content in the game isn’t even viable.

It’s disappointing.

Blood rush needed a nerf. But their other changes weren’t necessary, or in my opinion, welcome.

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

The productive answer you are looking for is to keep using what you've been using, as the melee nerf isn't doing much, despite what people will tell you. If you enjoy melee, you wont notice much of a difference, and you don't need to drop your favorite melee to take up ranged weapons. I'd still recommend trying those weapons if you haven't already, but if you don't want to, you don't need to.

At least you were helpful! Thank you for that, it lessens my concern. I figured I would just end up doing a combination of melee and debuffs more often.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

2 hours ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

At least you were helpful! Thank you for that, it lessens my concern. I figured I would just end up doing a combination of melee and debuffs more often.

I already told you that lol.

Le 29/06/2021 à 00:02, BiancaRoughfin a dit :

Because many Warframe players are Spoiled by power, others cant do Math and dont understand why its easier to nerf 100 items instead of buffing 400.

Nobody, among all the players who wanted massive buffs for primary and secondary weapons, is in a rush to get that. We perfectly understand it takes time for DE to reach that balance.

DE only quickly responded to an ignorant and popular streamer with nerfs that won't even change anything in the game. Melee still will be OP.

4 hours ago, AntawnMary said:

DE only quickly responded to an ignorant and popular streamer with nerfs that won't even change anything in the game. Melee still will be OP.

Oh, who would that person be? I really don't know, share the gossip. xD

On 2021-06-28 at 9:49 PM, Loza03 said:

People refuse to acknowledge that melee's current and immediate future state precludes much of the other stuff they want, such as interesting content, more variety in gameplay, Co-Op, Raids, decent enemy AI, less RNG and fewer progression gates.

Can I FIRST - get everything you've mentioned and then some nerfs, if still necessary :D

4 minutes ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

Can I FIRST - get everything you've mentioned and then some nerfs, if still necessary :D

preclude
/prɪˈkluːd/
verb

1. prevent from happening; make impossible.
    "the secret nature of his work precluded official recognition"

Granted, as I have discussed elsewhere in this thread, Melee alone is not soley responsible, because DE's overwhelming preference for buffs to the player (even when nerfing, in many cases) has been seen numerous times throughout the game's lifespan.

4 hours ago, AntawnMary said:

Nobody, among all the players who wanted massive buffs for primary and secondary weapons, is in a rush to get that. We perfectly understand it takes time for DE to reach that balance.

DE responded in this fashion because in their eyes, the streamers and partners that show off their game have people who watch them and influence what people think of said game, however, I'm still in the camp of that the game has been needing a serious balance pass in regards to melee vs guns for a while, if melee is the only meta or viable option for guns outside of godroll rivens, I or anybody else can't really call that balance.

DE have been listening to feedback from the individual people of this forum as well, the ones actually playing the game of their own (or influenced) choice, hence the changes we've seen them incorporate in this workshop that they never originally thought about or the streamer in question didn't actually mention.

I would have rather melee mods stayed as they are, some primary/secondary mods introduced that copy the aspects of the melee mods, have them drop in the regular star chart and call it a day, but DE seems to be in the camp of "well we're just focusing on steel path", if players even make it that far in the game without encountering the 10 or so gamebreaking bugs I've encountered on the regular.

However, I'm also in the camp of "this thread belongs as a comment under the thread DE themselves made on the workshop" as many other threads address the same opinion.

I personally don't want melee to be nerfed as a whole because I actually use non-meta melee weapons even in SP. Anyone that uses more than the very specific weapons that the majority of people completing SP knows that even other melee weapons with high stats are completely incapable of killing durable Grineer because of damage type and stances. Despite this long list of melee weapons that actually perform worse than some guns, they will be nerfed even though they're not even performing well.

It makes no sense to compare the absolutely best melees to mediocre guns, it's a complete joke. The absolute best ranged damage in the game absolutely destroys mediocre melee weapons in the same way.

Just like how weak guns need stat adjustments, because the silly mods do literally nothing to make weaker weapons better, just the strong ones stronger, nerfing melee mods do literally nothing to the insanely strong melee weapons while making those not as good even worse than they already are. Especially regarding Berserker+P-Fury usage which is actually a hard requirement to any melee with basically 0 base attack speed.

Anyone praising DE for their way of just lazily introducing mods to "balance" is part of the problem, especially in regards to on-kill conditions when there isn't always going to be content where maintaining said conditions is possible.

And, anyone blaming melee for why content isn't "interesting" is just lying. Other than issues like Gunblades, which shouldn't have even used melee mods anyways, relevant enemies already can't be reliably hit by melee attacks and already have been instantly deleted by abilities, which leads to immune to ability bosses, who then die to one bulle,t which led to enemies with phases and the reliance of operator. We even have bosses that may as well have been cut scenes and our gear had no impact on the outcome. But sure, lets blame melee for this.

Even Necramechs followed this trend when they were relevant. The melee variant was useless in comparison; it was just aoe projectile spam with infinite energy. Railjack is already entirely non-melee and so was AW.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb DarknessNightshade:

if melee is the only meta or viable option for guns outside of godroll rivens, I or anybody else can't really call that balance.

that depends on the mission and enemy lvl.
mele is lame and if you go for combo points you have to hammer the key like crazy or use a macro like most probably.
guns can start damage much faster. only when it comes to SP or a long mission does the ammo go out too quickly. there are already builds and tactics to make guns playable. but it all has a very lousy playstyle. then i can play with macros for mele right away.

2021/6/29 PM6点35分 , (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 说:

Why do people WANT melee nerfed?

people using melee doesn’t negatively affect you. It’s not like Gram prime hitting a 1 million damage red crit is going to make it impossible for you to enjoy the game when playing with someone who’s using that.

All you’re doing is asking for yourself to be weaker.

And how far down the rabbit hole do you people intend to go? Is the idea of anything dealing damage over 100 complete taboo to you? Do you despise the very concept of killing an enemy? Will you not rest until just trying to get through an exterminate takes 4 hours because weapons are so completely undertuned that the damage from bullet jumping would be a more viable source of damage?

Its just like the other day people were complaining saryn is too good because they saw saryn nuking rooms in level 30 missions...

Come on. Stop it. Get some help. Solo mode is there for a reason.

And I guess people like the idea of doing damage equivalent to unmodded MK-1 braton.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb ghoti0315:

Its just like the other day people were complaining saryn is too good because they saw saryn nuking rooms in level 30 missions...

Come on. Stop it. Get some help. Solo mode is there for a reason.

And I guess people like the idea of doing damage equivalent to unmodded MK-1 braton.

important point in my opinion.
the damage from the mele was never a problem! it's about action and loot. or beginners need damage at the beginning and most of the time they have no idea about moding.
I have nothing against single target garbage. everyone has their preferences. only if 7+ corpus are constantly running in, then I will not target one after the other!
for good aim i prefer to play a good pvp game with 6vs6 teams.

Archived