Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deconstructor Melee Modding Changes (Sisters of Parvos)

[DE]Rebecca

• Gladiator Might
  • Gladiator Rush
  • Gladiator Vice

After literally years of that being a valid use? That is a very big deal and renders Deconstructor far less useful to the point that I would not use that sentinel anymore in any mode of Warframe.  Disappointing and surprising.   

Helios prime is useless now. Confused on the need to take more choice away from the player. Guess I’ll just use cat or  vulpaphyla on my melee focused warframes, less customization is a super fun add. How long until I’m not allowed to use dethcube prime on my ranged focused frames? Should I just sell him now to get ahead of it? Sentinels soon to be completely dead. 

Since DE isn’t a fan of stat sticks can we please lose the lazy mechanic off khora, atlas and gara?

8 hours ago, Balegrim said:

Me, having never utilized any of the crap getting nerfed and fully capable of crushing most steel path content at this patch: 

😎

Exactly this. I can't remember the last time I used a Helios in a Steel Path mission because it's way too fragile in that sort of content. I mostly stick with the Panzer Vulpaphyla due to its ability to revive itself as well as spread viral status. 

BTW, when was this feature added to the forums? First time since long time when I strongly feel like expressing my only type of vote left here which is upvote to statements I agree with.

I feel this feature promotes early comments on the topic and prevents the feedback from being proportional. We're still here to give DE feedback, they did not move to Reddit altogether, right?

Not cool.

https://imgur.com/FNmeLxc

http://[img]https://i.imgur.com/FNmeLxc.jpg[/img]

13 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Not always. Some content is so tightly-designed that you only have 1 way around it, like the Exploiter Orb vs Nova, And it was quickly patched out. Nothing else lets you skip phase 1 of the fight anymore.

I meant in terms of game design. They always have a way around in terms of game design, they can mix things up mechanic-wise in order to give us mechanical difficulty, they don't have to hammer us into the ground.

"Fixing" this makes sense, if it applied to all stat-stick like interactions.

Not sure what's the point in nerfing an entire type of weapon just because a small section of them happen to be doing well. It's not as if nerfing the specific abused stances, and lowering their crit stats, was all that difficult or complicated. Most of these nerfs aren't going to do much to the strong melee weapons in 99.99_% of situations. DUe to lack of standardized attackspeed and crit stats, some melee weapons are going to be unusable entirely, or require a riven; since you know, rivens are exceptions to so many rules, conveniently.

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi Tenno,

The Sisters of Parvos update will bring three new Modular Hound Companions, each with a unique Melee weapon. While reviewing these Companion Weapons, we noticed the Helios-old problem that there’s a lot of Melee Mods that you can equip, but don’t really function on companion Melee. There’s also some ‘invisible gear hopping’ where if you put Mods on your Deconstructor (or Prime), the carry over to your Melee which is a many-year-old oversight we’ve lived with, but are approaching changes more thoroughly with this Update and as a result we’re patching up this behaviour. 

These are mostly Mods that deal with combos or heavy attacks, since Companions do not have these features as well as other certain outliers. As a result the following Mods will be incompatible with the upcoming three Hound weapons and retroactively will no longer work with the Deconstructor and Deconstructor Prime:

• Amalgam Organ Shatter
  • Corrupt Charge
  • Enduring Strike
  • Body Count
  • Blood Rush
  • Dispatch Overdrive
  • Drifting Contact
  • Energy Channel
  • Finishing Touch
  • Focus Energy
  • Focused Defense
  • Guardian Derision
  • Killing Blow
  • Life Strike
  • Maiming Strike
  • Parry
  • Quickening
  • Reflex Coil
  • Relentless Combination
  • Seismic Wave
  • True Punishment
  • Weeping Wounds

• Gladiator Might
  • Gladiator Rush
  • Gladiator Vice
  • Carnis Mandible
  • Jugulus Barbs
  • Saxum Thorax
  • Motus Impact
  • Proton Snap
  • Tek Gravity
  • Strain Infection

Okay, even if you count this as an oversight, this is the PERFECT time to add bloodrush/gladiator scaling to exalted weapons. There is no sign of rage mode on the horizon and exalted melee weapons are still much weaker than the normal ones, because they lack the option to scale crit chance. If you just remove possibility of scaling crit on exalted melees from deconstructor without adding anything to buff them, you shouldn't be surprised that people will be angry. Simple solution - just let exalteds use bloodrush and you're done with unnecessary hate from melee users.

15 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

The problem is there are two ways around it, and every time DE addresses them, people go on a whiny rampage on social media. 

Way 1) Make the enemies truly more powerful. I don't mean up their stats, I mean bring back all the stuff people complained so much about.

Nullies that require you to keep a high rof weapon. 

Unnerfed Orb Vallis enemies, all restored to their original opness

back breaking liches

rollers stagger locking you if you don't move quickly enough

sapping ospreys that make the floor is lava with blue glowing death

manics that pounce and beat up your face with deadly slash procs if you don't move quickly enough

bursas that weren't nerfed to nothing 

etc. etc. etc. 

Or:

Way 2) Nerf the players, 

There IS no other way. If you think you have some magic answer, explain it. 

The only thing they other thing they ever tried or could try was forcing mass cooperation like in trials, were people had to stand on freaking buttons, and it made it content almost no one did without voice chat. And clans still found ways to beat that with just a few people using almost any frame combination. 

What's your magic button solution? Use your imagination, and give us one. 

Edit: Also, if you think any game can survive in today's competitive market without providing a challenge to players, you are purposely deluding yourself, simply because you are angry about nerfs and not seeing things clearly. 

Oh I am fully capable of throwing out ideas till kingdom come. Have I ever said that game doesn't need challenge? No, you did. I crave challenge, meaningful challenge. Bulletsponge enemies certainly ain't that and nerfing players only makes enemies more bullet-spongy.
One solution I always wanted to happen would be the critical or elite enemies. but not just some buffed up enemies, but more like minibosses with variety of attacks and specific mechanics in order to bring them down. Something you can't mindlessly nuke out of window and that have specifically telegraphed attacks. Like in Risk of Rain for example, or Dark Souls, where you can clearly see the enemy is about to hit you and if you don't evade or hide behind cover, you get the damage. Or mega slam with glowing depicted area. The mortar moas in Orb Vallis are a nic example of that with showing the area where their bomb lands. Or clearly visible auras, like an elite enemy projecting a small Radiation aura similar to that of the sortie modifier.

Even regular enemies could get this treatment. Their attacks could be less random, more telegraphed, but would hit harder. Lancers for example. They would not shoot random bursts, but would first give a hint, like aiming laser and then fire a strong salvo. Problem with current enemies is that while their models are neat, in most cases they are simply random and unpredictable. Even the amalgam enemies that were claimed to be new and interesting only ended up being pretty new models with zero impact. Even their attacks have no real meaning, you actually never notice them nowadays. The only amalgams I ever got a good look at were the demolysts.

Creative enemies, enemies that matter, these are the way. Little things that spice up the gameplay. Omnidirectional shields are classic, but very fitting for a game like this. But things like these take effort and actually playing the game, knowing its mechanics. Things DE has already lost.

So in essence no longer use sentinels! Got it! For me there is now 0 reason to use other things than the unkillable Kavats and dose corrosive damage and the luck Kavat that gives me more drops or knocks up my gritchance to 200%. 

At the moment there is nothing that a sentinal is giving me that would be worth. Lets go over the list:

• Except of one and I don't know if this is still the case they do no damage to enemies
  • Shade
    • makes you invisible, nah dog dead enemies don't see you anyways and if I want to be invisible I take a frame for that
    • If your invisibility of the other mod is broken 120% more damage for 2 seconds
  • Helios
    • scanning, only untill I scanned everything
    • Helios weak point ability, nah dead enemies don't need weakpoints
  • Wyrm
    • dose negligent damage in an area
    • Removes every 5 seconds status effects
  • Oxylus
    • marks fish
    •   can scan plants 
  • Nautilus
    • repairs Railjack, but a full crew and intrinsics on 10 are way better
  • Djinn
    • cant die
    • Pulls enemies together and blows them away with an explosion that dose negligent dmg
  • Diriga
    • can stun a single enemie dosn't work on bosses 
    • can give up to 7 enemies with 10% change shockstatus. Dead enemies don't need shock status
  • Deathcube
    • shoots single enemie only annoying him
    • every 10 kill assists drops an energie orb
  • Carrier
    • changes ammo in needed ammo. I rock ammo mutation
    • Can destroy chests
  • Maos...
    • Granade that helps you dong more damage on hit enemies that when they are dead are super mega dead in an amazing radius of 3 meters
    • Hits enemies in melee 
    • A grouping abilitie in 20 meters after 3s of activation time
    • every 10s knocks down enemies near by
    • gets 3000 overshield and can jump attack enemies with monstrous 30 impact damage reseting its overshield
    • Hacks consoles over 2s automatically and controlls trashmobs
    • Statis field that slows projectiles and lowers damage inside of the field for 30s
    • Helps you aimglide

Have I missed somehting? 
There are maybe 2 mods that I would say are worth while, that are so sitiuational that I wont use. Better stay with the kavats.

16 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Good, DE.

Now please address the Decaying Dragon Key + Rolling Guard exploit. All Dragon keys are supposed to be handicaps, not advantages due to how shield gating works now.

because of this "exploit" a lot of frames now can be used in high level content without getting one shot by random missile of a level 2000 bombard. You want to go back to that era?

Wow I now read some comments and man.... 

It has nothing to do with skill in the game and modding system that most meelee weapons that are viable but not top tear are after the update completely unusable. While I love the look of some weapons I can't use them anymore on missions over a level I need to determine after the update. 

There is a nice overview here:

This also affects  not only the meelee weapons but also a view Warframes that are really dependent on the Deconstructor. How often do you see Warframes with thair exaulted meelee weapon out? Maybe there was a correlation before where people needed to big of a setup. I know for my part I wont play any exaulted meelee Warframe for a while...

3 minutes ago, Tuturuu23 said:

because of this "exploit" a lot of frames now can be used in high level content without getting one shot by random missile of a level 2000 bombard. You want to go back to that era?

He probably never plays lvl 2000 missions, I don't blame him, the game doesn't give us enough options to reach that level of enemies (waiting few hours isnt that fun).

Archived