The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

That being Cross Progression not Cross Platform play. This is without a doubt one of the best games I've ever played. Unfortunately moving to pc means I have to give up Warframe entirely for now. Is there any chances of migration events at all? It happened a couple times and I wish I had moved to PC during those events so I could keep my Cosmetics. Idc about level or weapons/frames levels. It'd be just fine to have to relevel them again, but I cannot come up with an excuse that makes rebuying 5-6yrs worth of platinum and cosmetics even remotely a good idea. This game is a masterpiece but that one negative element is truly unacceptable. Apex suffers the same problem too. Although their reason is most surely a lie; They just enjoy getting more and more money from cosmetic purchases when you have to rebuy things again.

On 2021-07-17 at 10:40 PM, Letter13 said:

Some of the major talking points popping up in the thread:

• Platinum between platforms - Will platinum be merged between platforms, or will platinum bought on one platform remain on that platform? (Think Silver from Destiny 2)
  • Trading & Market Questions - Will players across platforms be able to trade with one another? Or will it be restricted to the platform a player is currently on? The market-scape between platforms is vastly different for platinum prices on some tradeable goods, and cross-save/cross-play may wind up balancing/equalizing prices across platforms
  • TENNOGEN - A real hot topic, seeing as the method of implementation is radically different between PC and Console; will Tennogen skins transfer when moving between platforms? Will PC players be able to purchase Tennogen skins for platinum when playing on consoles?
  • Platform exclusive cosmetics - Similar to Tennogen, will they transfer? In regards to the Obsidian/Jade skins, etc.
  • Method of Cross-Save - Some players have expressed interest in a 'Merge' style of cross-save (where items from multiple platforms are merged/combined) versus more traditional style of 'Overwrite' style of cross-save (where the data of the 'master' account overwrites/overrides the linked accounts of other platforms--think Destiny 2).
  • When it will go live - There are no announced dates for when it will be released, though there is speculation that it may drop with The New War.

Looking forward to the answer to these questions and how the market is going to act when cross play actually drops.

• Like 1

So I heard a while ago that they're FINALLY doing cross save, and since then every time I've thought about this game all I've been able to think of is one question. For a bit of context, I haven't played in over a year or so since Tencent bought DE, but I miss playing the game cause it was fun.

My question is this: Can you merge account saves? I had been playing Warframe on PS4 since 2014/15 all the way to 2017, which is when I finally got a gaming PC. I ended up making a new account and have since played so much that I either got very close to my PS4 mastery rank of 18 or passed it by an MR or 2, I don't remember. On my PS4 account I had a lot of items, resources, mods I have yet to get on PC and so on, including items/cosmetics you can no longer obtain, like the shoulder emblem thing (forgot the name) you got for completing a raid for example. I'd very much like to get these things that are no longer obtainable or I still haven't been lucky enough to get on PC yet back.

I'd understand if you couldn't get everything, like a duplicate Warframe or weapon because of how obtaining inventory space costs plat and they want you to spend money for it, and getting dupes of half the Warframes and weapons in the game just to delete would give you more than enough inventory space for everything you don't yet have, but I'd really like my now unobtainable things back at the very least.

I think questions like this are part of why it's taking so long.  DE will need to figure out how it's going to work in a way that makes players happy, makes Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft happy and is actually possible for them to code.  I'd like to think you'd get duplicates of Warframes and Weapons and keep most of the slots given that you'll have paid for the slots with each account, bar the few you start with, and some people might have different builds on each account that required different Forma which would be another level of investment I'd hope they'd respect and let people retain.  I imagine there'll be a brief window for people merging accounts, as there was for account transfers when console versions came out, and they'll accept that some people may get some benefit from merging but if it's only for a limited period it won't be exploitable.  Merging accounts that had previously been transferred could be tricky though as then there will be stuff that was only paid for once, was duplicated, and might now be different if both accounts were still in use.  Another wrinkle for DE to iron out I guess...

Since cross-save and cross-platform play has finally been confirmed, how will they handle repeat purchases?

Not just buying the same prime access on different platforms, but using platinum to unlock color palettes or other cosmetics. Will we be compensated?

• Like 1

We started Year 2022 and this topic remains as it is. can we have exact time and date for this feature release (Cross Save & Cross Play).

If you think about profit, then this is the way to go, refresh the game by gathering all platforms, so demand and supply also will also increase, new players will join for sure.

players that left the game will come to it again.

I do not underestimate games or teams, but I do think that the team responsible for making this game (Warframe) the way it is now can implement this feature easily.

With all my respect and appreciation,

Give us a hint other than (coming on 2022)!

So I've been a player on and off since Zephyr Prime launched and I got her Prime access as a gift from a friend. I've absolutely loved this game, but I switched from my 5 year old Xbox One to PC a little over a year ago. I'm willing to wait, but I must admit that I'm a bit impatient on the promises of Cross Save and Cross Play coming. However, when they do finally come, I can't wait to enjoy the upgrade of quality for me. 

Otherwise, I'm interested to see who else is excited for Cross Save/Cross Play and why.