Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)RoaringDonkey6 said:

Does anyone know a way or when it will be available? 

You answered your own question:

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)RoaringDonkey6 said:

In this link they say on twitter that it will be slated 2022 and more info will be available.

But they did just have a beta test on Xbox and PC last week.

I'm guessing VERY late 2022 or early 2023 at this point. I could be surprised and see it happen sooner though, but I doubt it. I've been wanting to play it on my PS5 for a while, but there was no way I was gonna start fresh after everything I have obtained and accomplished.

Edited by Lionsheart89
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Cross play should be soon (they have begun testing)

But cross save might still be a ways off.

I don't imagine cross save will be as big an issue as crossplay.  As majority of problems cross save will face are being addressed with cross play.  I would guess maybe 3 months after cross play stabilized and bug fixed

53 minutes ago, (PSN)Cargan2016 said:

I don't imagine cross save will be as big an issue as crossplay.  As majority of problems cross save will face are being addressed with cross play.  I would guess maybe 3 months after cross play stabilized and bug fixed

You are overlooking the commercial implications , and how the platinum inflations variation between platforms will be impacted.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, (PSN)Cargan2016 said:

those are issues that will be adressed by players not DE as those values are player set not set by DE

You are really missing the point here , anything that impacts platinum purchases is going to be evaluated by DE under a microscope.

Platinum value for consoles is different from that of PC (due to the consoles getting a cut and all transactions happening through them , they also do not get direct discounts on plat purchases) 

If you get a login discount on PS does it translate to a plat discount on PC as well ?

Would the console partners be willing to lose that source of revenue ?

This is beyond player to player trading. It's about players to console to DE revenue streams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

You are really missing the point here , anything that impacts platinum purchases is going to be evaluated by DE under a microscope.

Platinum value for consoles is different from that of PC (due to the consoles getting a cut and all transactions happening through them , they also do not get direct discounts on plat purchases) 

I  get discounts on plat purchases on playstation while not frequently somewhat regularly last one i had was about 2 months ago

1 hour ago, (PSN)Cargan2016 said:

I  get discounts on plat purchases on playstation while not frequently somewhat regularly last one i had was about 2 months ago

Again , i think you are missing how plat purchases differ between pc and console.

Let's take a scenario , where a pc and ps accounts both get a 50% discount ,

The pc account can now get 1000 platinum for 25 $ from the main warframe site instead of 50 $.

The PS account can now spend 500 platinum and get a single item (non bundle) worth 1000 platinum , it does not change the amount of platinum you can buy.

I don't think there is any single items worth 1000 platinum in the market ,

But there are higher options for purchasing more platinum from DE directly ,

If PS/xbox gets a similar treatment the consoles will lose out on potential profits , and if it's cross save then all players get the same profits and consoles (including DE) looses out.

DE Please don't forget about CrossTrade! This is very important. We all want to help most players regardless of which platform, I see a lot of people saying they won't have CrossTrade... It doesn't make sense to me not to, because we're all going to play together and get the same resources. Platinum trading is already unbalanced with the ayas system that will now be in the game ''I believe it was also to balance the trade during crossplay'' so everyone is happy with the multiplatform exchanges! <3

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Tenka_Isshin said:

Crossplay fuiucked my network, every types and manner, in all games. Here're the details:

• I can't join European nor North American Relay and Maroo's Bazaar sessions for some reason, Crossplay on and off.
  • Lag spikes and host migrations happening a lot often with fellow Asians AND players from other regions when Crossplay is turned on. FEWER players are playing when it's turned off, I was thinking that Crossplay was the culprit of playerbase segregation.
  • Lag spikes and host migrations that happened a lot often gone when Crossplay is deactivated in a squad, regardless if the squad was made from Crossplay matchmaking or not.

This is fuiucking bullcrap, DE, shouldn'tve tested in public if your netcode has some undeniable flaws in it.

You should probably post that in this thread:

This is just a faq by a moderator and likely doesn't get the same attention.

• Like 3

Cross Save/ Cross Play would have been so sick sick 2 years ago! But really I'd love to play but I'm on PC now and I'm not restarting a 1000hr account with hundreds of dollars dumped into it. 😪 Afraid to criticize their decision making for fear of Ban but I can't understand why anything else could be more important.

Trading prices are a joke on pc, now its crossplatform xbox players are being ripped off when it comes to trading with players? Does pc players get more plat for money compared to xbox? Its a joke and needs to be fixed. There is no way im trading primes sets for pc pricing. Its a quarter of the xbox price. WE DONT WANT CROSS PLATFORM and warframe will loose alot of the xbox community if this continues.

Edited by NovusNova
Edited Title
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)Ms Chapstik said:

Trading prices are a joke on pc, now its crossplatform xbox players are being ripped off when it comes to trading with players? Does pc players get more plat for money compared to xbox? Its a joke and needs to be fixed. There is no way im trading primes sets for pc pricing. Its a quarter of the xbox price. WE DONT WANT CROSS PLATFORM and warframe will loose alot of the xbox community if this continues.

There is no CrossPlatform Trading, or even CrossPlatform Play at this time

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, (XBOX)Ms Chapstik said:

Wahhh

Get over it, capitalism is adapting or dying.

"WE DONT WANT CROSS PLATFORM" 

Where are you getting your copium and where can I get some.

The hype for the test alone was amazing. 

• Like 17