Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What else is Corrupted Holokey good for?

Jackdarsan

Question

So like many people, spammed RJ and got enough keys to buy the 4 weapons. 

Now what? Is anyone aware if these keys will be good for anything else or is this just DE doing their normal thing by adding more things and they they will eventually remove it since its a dead end.

21 answers to this question

I see as another more reason to stay away from Void Storms. Instead of dealing with 30% chance of not getting anything worthwhile (Sevagoth Parts) now I get.. 67.5% (Sevagoth and Holokeys) of not getting anything useful if I max out all of the weapobs. Void storm drop table is heavily diluted.

It's sad really. DE put a lot of effort onto the gamemode.

11 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

In the final Railjack Showdown node for a Sister of Parvos, each Sister will give each squad member 1 Corrupted Holokey at End-of-Mission whether you Vanquish or Convert them! This means a Squad of 4 can leave with 4 Corrupted Holokeys each on Showdown mission complete!

ok, but how does this help me, somebody who already has all the Tenet guns? now I would have to go and get a Sister and go through the entire process of killing them just for 4 keys.. this helps others, but not me.

Corrupted Holokey drop amounts have been increased in Void Storms! Void Storms in the Veil Proxima will now drop 10 (vs 6) to make the hardest content the most rewarding. The rest have all had their amounts increased by 1.

ok, but what about the drop rate? still the same I assume? this doesn't address the RNG issue at all, it just makes it so that *if* I get lucky, I gain more progress towards the next weapon. it's still possible to do X number of Veil missions and not see a single key.  

DE need to stop making resources both grind AND RNG based. either make us need a few of them, or make them random drops: pick ONE. having both just makes for tedium and it shows. 

Not all changes are, or need be, retroactive.  If you already HAVE all the things, it's a non-issue for you because the grind, for now, is "done".

If you NEED the things, it's a straight-up IMPROVEMENT on the drops.  We now have GUARANTEED drops for those in need/want of it, and for those who don't mind a more passive experience, the RNG is more rewarding than it was prior.

They clearly only have 4 weapons and do not want to just HAND them to us... they clearly want us to play the game mode.  If we don't want to, that's our choice to make, and that choice also has consequences, but it's a free system in a free game... I know that doesn't forgive everything all of the time, but it does warrant SOME compromise on our part somewhere, and in this case that's the grind.

Devs are CLEARLY aware of our feelings on the grind, and clearly are TRYING SOMETHING.  I don't know that THIS patch will fix it all... You can't please everyone... but it's a step forward.  They COULD have said "Nah, leaving it as is."  or even worse, could've taken keys AWAY in some attempt to make the grind harder.

Problem with this community is, by and large (not you, specifically), there is very little gratitude expressed when Devs try to do something positive, but when they "make a mistake", however big or small, it's hellfire and pitchforks.  That's not healthy or balanced.

The idea that we are entitled to all of the things we want, when we want them, is not healthy or balanced, either.  I mean, the weapons aren't even tradable atm, so ... it's not even a push for plat sales.  It's clear they're just trying to not make it too easy to one-and-done whilst they work on filling out the offerings.

6 hours ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:
 - snip - 

In the final Railjack Showdown node for a Sister of Parvos, each Sister will give each squad member 1 Corrupted Holokey at End-of-Mission whether you Vanquish or Convert them! This means a Squad of 4 can leave with 4 Corrupted Holokeys each on Showdown mission complete!

ok, but how does this help me, somebody who already has all the Tenet guns? now I would have to go and get a Sister and go through the entire process of killing them just for 4 keys.. this helps others, but not me.

Corrupted Holokey drop amounts have been increased in Void Storms! Void Storms in the Veil Proxima will now drop 10 (vs 6) to make the hardest content the most rewarding. The rest have all had their amounts increased by 1.

ok, but what about the drop rate? still the same I assume? this doesn't address the RNG issue at all, it just makes it so that *if* I get lucky, I gain more progress towards the next weapon. it's still possible to do X number of Veil missions and not see a single key.  

DE need to stop making resources both grind AND RNG based. either make us need a few of them, or make them random drops: pick ONE. having both just makes for tedium and it shows. 

Eh, at some point I'll collect a few more keys, no doubt they'll eventually give Glast some more weapons to sell.

I'll wait and see if they make any changes to the keys first though. That and I need to stock up on Axi relics as I'm clean out of them right now 😂😂

1 minute ago, Zyffyr said:

Looks like you got roughly the expected value. 20 runs with a 37.5% chance is an expected 7.5 drops. 7 drops in Veil Proxima is 42. Enough to but one with 2 keys left over.

If you were anywhere other than Veil (and therefore received less than 6 keys per drop), you did far better than the expected drop rate.

Which honestly just makes it suck even more.  From my point of view, Voidstorm missions are not even slightly enjoyable (layers of bad design choices mixed with constant FX and noise spam that actually makes me feel ill.)  I have NO desire to run possibly hundreds of them to get Tenet Melee weapons and max out their elemental value.  Therefore, I will do the only thing I can for their metrics, and ignore both the voidstorm missions and Tenet melee weapons completely.

5 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Oh, Voidstorm missions still completely suck.  And while the keys might have a "37.5% chance to drop as a Common reward," common rewards apparently *aren't* all that common.  I did about twenty voidstorm missions before I got enough to buy ONE melee weapon.

Looks like you got roughly the expected value. 20 runs with a 37.5% chance is an expected 7.5 drops. 7 drops in Veil Proxima is 42. Enough to but one with 2 keys left over.

If you were anywhere other than Veil (and therefore received less than 6 keys per drop), you did far better than the expected drop rate.

Yes, I saw that note.  They're somewhat increasing the number of keys you get.  They aren't (for example) making them available on a mission type that doesn't completely suck.  Getting one per Sister defeated is (in my opinion) utterly pointless.  It doesn't sound like they're decreasing the cost, or making them drop from any *other* in-mission NPC type.

In my opinion, the problem is that they're a difficult to get reward from a mission type that actually makes me ill *AND* angry to play.  The constant strobe effect of the Void Sink explosions makes me ill, the constant noise and BAM BAM BAM BAM of all the *other* FX is unbelievably aggravating.  Nevermind the part where I've actually run out of revives and eaten a Mission Failed because of no-saving-throw instant death when three Void Suck explosions went off on top of each other.  Voidstorms are possibly the least efficient method possible for opening a relic, even compared to my own "not even a slightly good method" of doing solo Exterminates.

And the flip side is that once someone *has* all the Tenet Melee weapons they want, the keys are a completely useless drop that's soaking up space in the end-of-mission reward tables.  That's only not going to be a big issue because there's barely any reason to ever run Voidstorm missions once someone has whatever Warframe/weapon blueprints drop from it.

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

they're EXCELLENT at depleting your sanity and making you go back to other games. I never thought I'd pick up Genshin Impact again, but with a couple weeb friends in isolation and FAR too many veil missions done, these wretched keys have started to sap my will to play. I just got the Tenet Exec to 32 today, and maybe in another few weeks if I'm lucky I'll be able to buy the agendus and never worry about the keys again.

the real kicker is all DE had to do was make them a guaranteed drop: that's it. running the Veil isn't the problem for me, I have a fully upgraded Railjack and a 3-elite Crew. the problem is that the damn things never seem to drop, which after several back to back Veil Storms begins to feel like a slap in the face. if they were a guaranteed drop, they would still require effort to get, without being this ridiculous. even just a significant drop chance increase will suffice. 

lol nope. Javlok Capacitors are a guaranteed drop form Prosecutors. Holokeys are never guaranteed and you need 40 of them for each weapon (bearing in mind these are nemesis weapons so you may or may not look to buy duplicates for Valence Fusing them to increase their bonus stats). the most you can get in one run is 6 in Veil missions, but they aren't guaranteed to drop. it's a rather tedious slog, and I have the luxury of a good AI crew, nearly all maxed intrinsics and a well-invested Railjack that can handle the Veil easily. I don't want to imagine what it must be like for players who are trying to farm keys without maxed equipment. 

in short: Corrupted Holokeys are MUCH worse, don't go farming them unless you REALLY want the Tenet melee weapons and/or they improve the farm at some point. 

58 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

It's sad really. DE put a lot of effort onto the gamemode.

Did they?  Because the launch version was barely playable with all the noise and FX spam.  The current version is better, barely.  But still sucks - the Void Sinks are just random "no saving throw" death bombs, and they *follow you.*  Shooting them is pointless, and possibly just makes them spawn *even faster.*  I've had them chew entirely through Hildryn's Overshields and then detonate in a rapid enough sequence to insta-kill her through her "even better than normal" Shieldgate.  (And that's not counting the number of times I've been insta-killed on any other 'frame while trying to use the Forge to refill Dome Charges and energy.)

The missions are time consuming, the Corpus versions are barely even Railjack, the FX spam makes me ill even with with the settings turned down, and the rewards are garbage.  It doesn't feel to me like they spent much time on Voidstorms *at all.*

30 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

lol nope. Javlok Capacitors are a guaranteed drop form Prosecutors. Holokeys are never guaranteed and you need 40 of them for each weapon (bearing in mind these are nemesis weapons so you may or may not look to buy duplicates for Valence Fusing them to increase their bonus stats). the most you can get in one run is 6 in Veil missions, but they aren't guaranteed to drop. it's a rather tedious slog, and I have the luxury of a good AI crew, nearly all maxed intrinsics and a well-invested Railjack that can handle the Veil easily. I don't want to imagine what it must be like for players who are trying to farm keys without maxed equipment. 

in short: Corrupted Holokeys are MUCH worse, don't go farming them unless you REALLY want the Tenet melee weapons and/or they improve the farm at some point. 

Hrm. Cool cool. They do sound a little similar in terms of aquisition; as far as I know Prosecutors are an RNG spawn. I thought it was kind of stupid to rely on RNG, so I figured I’d play the missions as per usual and the Capacitors would end up in my inventory eventually (and they have, and now part of my ship is cordoned off as “Javlok Capacitor Storage”, haha)

The corrupted keys sound like a similar deal, and if @EmberStar’s description is anything to go by, it sounds like they’re not worth explicitly grinding for. I expect I’ll eventually get enough for the weapons and then anything else can let me eventually max the element

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

When people eventually get way more than they need, this will be more of an issue, until then there is no need to create another resource sink comes. 

When the time comes to that, we can make them eatable by Helminth, or useable to buy a few more things from Glast's store and expand it to some other interesting evergreen or cosmetic stuffs... 

Cool to speculate about, but kind of premature, as we are very far from the point where any amount of people have maxed out all the weapons with their favorite bonuses and are not sitting on a mountain just because they play void storms that much over time. 

Oh, Voidstorm missions still completely suck.  And while the keys might have a "37.5% chance to drop as a Common reward," common rewards apparently *aren't* all that common.  I did about twenty voidstorm missions before I got enough to buy ONE melee weapon.

Given that I personally do not enjoy Voidstorms at all and have NO other reason to do them, I don't forsee ever having a huge stockpile of them just lying around.  In fact at the moment it's pretty likely the five I have left is all I will *ever* get.  I'm already sick of dealing with Sisters of Parvos and Liches again, so even the single key that will drop from kill/convert a Sister in the future isn't going to pile up.  Voidstorms are probably the *worst* possible form of mission for opening relics - I can solo clear Axi Exterminates in far less time, and those don't have the obnoxious "Void sink" explosions stacking on top of each other so fast that they bypass the Shield Gate and auto-kill me constantly.

When people eventually get way more than they need, this will be more of an issue, until then there is no need to create another resource sink for them. 

When the time comes to that, we can make them eatable by Helminth, or useable to buy a few more things from Glast's store and expand it to some other interesting evergreen or cosmetic stuffs... 

Cool to speculate about, but kind of premature, as we are very far from the point where any amount of people have maxed out all the weapons with their favorite bonuses and are sitting on a mountain just because they play void storms that much over time even though for an experienced player there wouldn't be much reason to even play them anyways once they have all the Glast Tenet weapons maxed. 

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’m not sure what the issue is…? I’m not familiar with the Corrupted Holokeys (haven’t gotten around to doing the content yet). I got tons of Javlok Capacitors since I finished building it; is this a similar thing? 

Basically.  Corrupted Holokeys are the currency to get the Tenet Melee weapons from Ergo Glast in the Perren Sequence syndicate room.  Someone who just wants mastery buys one of each, and then the keys are worthless junk.  Someone who wants to actually use the weapons gets enough to max the element (in whatever flavor of glowy death is their favorite) and then the keys are useless junk.

The difference is that the Capacitors drop from in-mission enemies.  The Corrupted Holokeys replace a big chunk of the Railjack Voidstorm "common item" drop table.  So when the keys turn into useless junk they're actively *blocking* getting anything more valuable.

3 minutes ago, Jackdarsan said:

So like many people, spammed RJ and got enough keys to buy the 4 weapons. 

Now what? Is anyone aware if these keys will be good for anything else or is this just DE doing their normal thing by adding more things and they they will eventually remove it since its a dead end.

they're EXCELLENT at depleting your sanity and making you go back to other games. I never thought I'd pick up Genshin Impact again, but with a couple weeb friends in isolation and FAR too many veil missions done, these wretched keys have started to sap my will to play. I just got the Tenet Exec to 32 today, and maybe in another few weeks if I'm lucky I'll be able to buy the agendus and never worry about the keys again.

the real kicker is all DE had to do was make them a guaranteed drop: that's it. running the Veil isn't the problem for me, I have a fully upgraded Railjack and a 3-elite Crew. the problem is that the damn things never seem to drop, which after several back to back Veil Storms begins to feel like a slap in the face. if they were a guaranteed drop, they would still require effort to get, without being this ridiculous. even just a significant drop chance increase will suffice. 

Just now, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’m not sure what the issue is…? I’m not familiar with the Corrupted Holokeys (haven’t gotten around to doing the content yet). I got tons of Javlok Capacitors since I finished building it; is this a similar thing? 

Archived