The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence Dev Workshop & FAQ

[DE]Danielle

This is great. You give free players a huge opportunity to get the prime frames and weapons they want to get. 

Here's the issues:

Cosmetics are Regal Aya only so you want the cool looking cosmetics, you have to spend money but understandable.

You literally reduced the actual worth of the Regal Aya packs. Your Prime vault packs are much more worth it than the Regal Aya. So for some suggestions: 

Reduce the pricing of Regal Aya

Add platinum (which you won't do)

Double the amount of Regal Aya

Why double? Because the platinum in the Prime Access and Prime Vaults make up 50% if not more on those packs. So to compensate half of the Regal Aya, just double it and basically you have an equivalent to the Prime Vault $60 pack and to the $80 Prime Access. 

vor einer Stunde schrieb Hypernaut1:

So is this just concern trolling? It's irrelevant to you, yet burn DE at the stake because....?

It might be irrelevant to him but it for sure is not for many others and if his principle is to defend other people interests then it is good enough to be heard.

I've been reading through the thread for some time lately, and seeing what everyone has to say on various aspects of the currencies / pricing, etc.; But I'm not intending to reiterate much of what has been said already throughout the thread.

There is a different thing here that has most likely gone unnoticed though:

On 2021-11-02 at 12:05 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Why are certain vaulted Warframes not available through Varzia? 

Since we aren’t committing fully to Prime Resurgence returning until we complete this first run, we want to make sure there are Prime Warframes that can continue under the Prime Vault program. The decision making process simply involved seeing which Warframes were recently vaulted or unvaulted, since the gap from being available to Vault isn’t as extreme. The following Warframes fall under these two categories:

• Recently Vaulted:
    • Equinox Prime - 23/02/2021
    • Wukong Prime - 25/05/2021
    • Atlas Prime?
  • Recently Unvaulted:
    • Banshee Prime - 15/12/2020
    • Mirage Prime - 15/12/2020
    • Chroma Prime - 27/04/2021
    • Zephyr Prime - 27/04/2021

When I read through the main post, one thing I was looking forward to was picking up the Dethcube Prime Accessories (Couldn't afford it originally), but then I noticed the section quoted above. I can understand why those frames & their things aren't included, after reading that. But not seeing Atlas there was a bit strange, so I thought I should let you know. Perhaps Atlas' things and the others will be unvaulted in 2022 at some point :)

• There is one other question I'm wondering about:
    332639b79b0490004fa7fd9a07ec9862_844x229

If not during the event itself, would that rotating object next to the Ayatan sculpture be available for some regular Aya by any chance? It looks rather interesting! I remember the Zambuka Sculpture from Cetus was added to Arbitrations after a long while, so perhaps this could be an earnable decoration too.

Aside from that, regarding Varzia herself, I'm curious if she'll play a role in The New War. Most significantly, will she & Teshin acknowledge one another? If not during the War, maybe some dialogue from one Dax about the other could occur, when the time comes.

Spoiler

Wait, come to think of it Baro would have a field day once he finds out about her stuff!

Just a bit of food for thought.

12 minutes ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

'BUT IT'S A BONUS' used as shield to deflect with. If you think it's a bonus? OK.

You seem to misunderstand "set market value". DE says the price is X and anything else is a bulk discount (aka Bonus). You can't say this other player is wrong, unless you are calling DE a liar. If you really think DE is a liar, you should file a report with your local Better Business Bureau.

Speaking hypothetically, if we put a price tag on Prime Accessory bundle's ($22CAD) items the same value of TennoGen (approx. mean/median value $7.50 CAD/per item), then the discounted 200 plat is valued at approx. $7 ($0.0375/per 1plat). When compared against the 300 plat ($22) valued at ($0.0733/per 1plat) or 75 plat ($5.50) also valued at ($0.0733/per 1plat).

Regardless of all that, you do seem to understand the primary moral issues really at question here.

1 hour ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

However many, myself included, are seeing DE go 'we included Endo that's the same right?' and go 'lol No it isn't.'

^This.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

The amount of Platinum is irrelevant, what matters is that DE is subbing it out without changing the price and initially saying this system is a 1:1 equivalence to Prime Vaults which is simply not true.

This is exactly the issue. Do you think if DE upped the value by including 30-40% more Ayacoins, that would supplement the lost worth? Or is it more fundamental of offering a consumable resource (or plat) of equivalent/near-equivalent value?

1 hour ago, Jarriaga said:

That's a 2-way street. We can't have nice things because some people (Like you in this particular instance) are OK with absolutely no standards, integrity, principle, or consistency. 

"It's their game and DE can do what they want" is the ultimate shut-down answer from you in most of these arguments among many years of threads in which people (Respectfully and disrespectfully) call out DE on what many perceive as anti-player, greedy, and/or tone-deaf behavior.

Just because something doesn't affect you doesn't mean it isn't a problem. The fact you are saying here that people who are not happy with this situation in principle are just concern-trolling says more about you than what you think you are saying about them. 

You're acting as if they changed the entire monetization scheme. This is about prime accessories. Things that have been already overpriced to begin with. 

I think it does affect me because outrage over small things has the adverse effect of DE becoming more closed off and more like big corporations and less likely to try new things. 

Anyway- in the end, DE what players do in game will determine how this goes and these complaints will either be acknowledged or ignored. Im going to purchase the things i want and continue playing. If they add the plat, i wont refuse it. 

13 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:
  • There is one other question I'm wondering about:
    332639b79b0490004fa7fd9a07ec9862_844x229

If not during the event itself, would that rotating object next to the Ayatan sculpture be available for some regular Aya by any chance? It looks rather interesting! I remember the Zambuka Sculpture from Cetus was added to Arbitrations after a long while, so perhaps this could be an earnable decoration too.

Aside from that, regarding Varzia herself, I'm curious if she'll play a role in The New War. Most significantly, will she & Teshin acknowledge one another? If not during the War, maybe some dialogue from one Dax about the other could occur, when the time comes.

I totally want that gyroscope sculpture too! 😻

13 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Wait, come to think of it Baro would have a field day once he finds out about her stuff!

LOL Baro and his "exclusive" stuff :crylaugh:

10 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Do you think if DE upped the value by including 30-40% more Ayacoins, that would supplement the lost worth? Or is it more fundamental of offering a consumable resource (or plat) of equivalent/near-equivalent value?

Order of personal preference here:
* Give us a rough equivilant amount of plat that we would have gotten from unvaulting packs, as this is a proposed replacement that is being tested.
* if plat is not going to be directly included with the packs we should be allowed to let us trade our space-quarters in for plat as the space quarters are untradeable and after the event ends, essentially unuseable save for a handful of evergreen rewards. The exact amount should be somewhere in the 70 - 120 plat range per space quarter. This solves the problem of flexibility and it keeps premium space quarters from piling up. 
* Give us a grab bag along with our purchase. Boosters, Forma bundle, those things that players will want and have an evergreen use for. If your'e not going to give us plat, give us something with more versatility than Endo.

To be perfectly frank? If Option 1 isn't on the table, and DE does not seem to want it to be, then combine option's 2 and 3. This gives players an amount of flexibility. However that does introduce the problem of one premium currency buying another which... Oh God I've SEEN absolute S#&$show scam games do that.

So how about just giving us plat in the bundle and continue to sell it to us as a 'bonus' like all the unvault packs currently market it at?

Edit: I also want the astrolabe inspired ayatan thinggie on the lady's desk too. It will look neat on the codex desk.

vor 18 Minuten schrieb Hypernaut1:

You're acting as if they changed the entire monetization scheme. This is about prime accessories. Things that have been already overpriced to begin with. 

So it is ok to make it even more (twice more) expensive because it already was overpriced? Wow, you must live in a luxury world where money does not matter.

It appears that you are not able to see other people point of view on this. Many people who faithfully supported DE and Warframe are currently re-thinking their so far mostly positive opinions. Instead of buying what they want they keep their wallets shut (for a good reason). 
This situation with Prime Resurgence might even have influence on their future purchases because this situation leaves a sour taste that is very hard to forget.
For DE this is also negative PR since never before the word "scam" appeared in such a incredible frequency all over the internet. Many Warframe streamers and youtubers have released their negative points of view to the public. I have not seen a single channel talking in a positive way about this topic yet.

When players lose the trust in DE (this currently is the case) then this has negative impact on the game. That is something you probably should be concerned with.

22 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I totally want that gyroscope sculpture too! 😻

LOL Baro and his "exclusive" stuff :crylaugh:

Heh! He'd probably start outspeeding Gauss squads running capture missions in the Void the moment he hears about it;

AgileSlimBorzoi-max-1mb.gif

20 minutes ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

Edit: I also want the astrolabe inspired ayatan thinggie on the lady's desk too. It will look neat on the codex desk.

Seconded (A perfect name for that too :) ). Hopefully there will be a way to properly place stuff on there without interfering with any quest objects someday; I think it used to be doable.

It could be nice in a Dojo as well.

So.... basically what I took from the main post and 4 pages of replies, Regal Aya is a waste of money and Aya just added another level of RNG to get frames/weapons that were otherwise unattainable for another year or so unless you get them from trades. I was excited at first because the post is so hyped up and equally confusing but now I'm just disappointed. 

If plat was added to the Regal Aya purchase as a bonus, I might be more on board..

Just now, PumpernicklePrime said:

Aya just added another level of RNG

The reverse actually. You farm Aya. You spend aya 1:1 for any relic that the new vendor has in current offerings. THe free component gives you an amazing amount of control over what to farm for, and assuming the free component comes back within a reasonable time frame? For any fear i have over DE trying to squeeze on the plat market? I want the aya system to happen.... with a mroe sane rotation system so there isn't this huge rush to farm relics within a few days on top of everything else.

Hey Tenno! 

With Prime Resurgence launching tomorrow, we wanted to answer your requests to (a) add Platinum to the packs and (b) add Accessories Packs with Platinum. 

A. The reality is that for this inaugural launch we are unable at this time (right before launch) to add Platinum to the packs due to technical and compliance limitations across all Warframe’s platforms. We want to avoid doing any changes midway through the event as well, with it becoming a logistical challenge on the backend setup and unfair to the players who were early participants. While it is not possible for this first run, we have pages upon pages of feedback here that will be considered alongside the data we’ll be reviewing once the event has finished. Rest assured the importance of bonus Platinum in the value proposition is noted for next time. 

B. The same reasoning from A applies to adding Accessories Packs - there is still much to consider for an event that has yet to run, but being the biggest discussed point here we know it is desired. But since we are unable to add a Pack at this point, there is no way for us to add Platinum to a pack that doesn’t exist. 

We really want to stress again that this is our first attempt at running an event like this. It has been 8 years of the same Prime Access system and 7 years of Prime Vault, we aren’t reinventing the wheel but we are venturing into an entirely new way to make Prime items available in ways we’ve never attempted before. And this is why player feedback is so vital, we know what your top concerns are and will take it into consideration if we look at a future run of Prime Resurgence. 

We just simply cannot commit to any major systematic changes at this time, because of the reasons listed above and because we need performance data to make educated and informed decisions if we run the event again. These may not be the answers you were hoping for, but for the sake of transparency they are the answers we have to give at this time. We also want to make a point of saying that you as a player have the freedom to participate in any form that is most comfortable to you. With far more avenues of access to free-path Primed items with Aya, you can dedicate your time to building up that Prime inventory that you’ve been dreaming of. 

Thank you for reading and we’ll see you for tomorrow’s launch! 

21 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

A. The reality is that for this inaugural launch we are unable at this time (right before launch) to add Platinum to the packs due to technical and compliance limitations across all Warframe’s platforms. We want to avoid doing any changes midway through the event as well, with it becoming a logistical challenge on the backend setup and unfair to the players who were early participants. While it is not possible for this first run, we have pages upon pages of feedback here that will be considered alongside the data we’ll be reviewing once the event has finished. Rest assured the importance of bonus Platinum in the value proposition is noted for next time. 

What an absolute waste of an otherwise great thing.

Good riddance.

Edit: I think what I'm most incensed by is not your decision to be unfair to your new customers and charge them the same for less value, but your stubborn refusal to just take a win for once.

You announced Prime Resurgence saying that it would be an exact 1:1 value with what we can get in the Prime Vault, and it was quickly pointed out to you that this was untrue. Basic arithmetic, adding 3 and 1, told everyone who bothered to check otherwise. The accessories-level packs would have cost more than the current Prime Vault packs, and wouldn't have come with the plat you've decided to retroactively call a "free bonus", or however it is you've chosen to word it.

You addressed the cost of the accessories the next day, but despite admitting several times that the plat is a major part of the value of the packs chose to ignore concerns over it and quietly edited out your commitment to an "exact 1:1 value". Instead of making it right the first time and just taking the win for once, you said nothing and let the negativity and distrust stew over the weekend. And then, with the community's anger and negativity at a high, today you decided that the best course of action was not to say the three magic words ("we'll fix it") and make the bad will you've generated disappear and just take a win for once, but to instead double down in true DE fashion and blame your inaction on technical issues and inability.

You could have instead made a commitment to your original intentions and promised the missing plat would be delivered at a later date, like Thanksgiving or Christmas or New Years or even the end of the event. You could have instead adjusted ingame pricing, like you did on Friday, to actually ensure the closest possible value. But instead you've decided to just barrel on ahead like these soon-to-be 40 pages of feedback telling you off don't exist, and to let this negativity and bad will loom over the next devstreams, the entire upcoming holiday season, the biggest update of probably the last several years, and the next Prime Access. Instead of doing right by your customers and having some integrity and just taking the win for once, you've decided to sabotage your own efforts again by brewing up pointless bad will and letting it fester for the next two months in the name of "collecting data". And for what? Apparently, as to not be "unfair" to the very same people you've already decided to be unfair to and take advantage of.

You'd think after a while a person would get used to these disappointments, but I never do. It was so easy for you to turn this around and enter the holiday season with a happy community but you've chosen not to and that sucks. What an absolute, complete waste. That's all I want to say. Good luck with this quarter.

Disappointed | Know Your Meme

6 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

With Prime Resurgence launching tomorrow

If it really is "a logistical challenge on the backend setup" and you would be willing to fix it. Delay the event. Or don't sell the packs this week.

I have to say this all sounds very wierd to me. It makes zero sense from business percepctive. It's as if you didn't want to make any money.
And as you could see from the Nidus Prime access. People WANT to throw money at you, when you do great job.
(Which you have been doing it 2021 - best year for warframe since Second dream.

So many people will not buy, because of this. 

Sad.

2 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

And how about (c) lowering the price to make up for the Platinum difference??

They could at least do this. I can't believe they are rolling this out as-is even after people made videos on how bad of a deal premium aya is. This is a slap in the face for DE to act like "oh we can't do anything now" even though there was feedback very early on after this was announced.

7 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

With Prime Resurgence launching tomorrow, we wanted to answer your requests to (a) add Platinum to the packs and (b) add Accessories Packs with Platinum. 

B. The same reasoning from A applies to adding Accessories Packs - there is still much to consider for an event that has yet to run, but being the biggest discussed point here we know it is desired. But since we are unable to add a Pack at this point, there is no way for us to add Platinum to a pack that doesn’t exist. 

We really want to stress again that this is our first attempt at running an event like this. It has been 8 years of the same Prime Access system and 7 years of Prime Vault, we aren’t reinventing the wheel but we are venturing into an entirely new way to make Prime items available in ways we’ve never attempted before. And this is why player feedback is so vital, we know what your top concerns are and will take it into consideration if we look at a future run of Prime Resurgence. 

We just simply cannot commit to any major systematic changes at this time, because of the reasons listed above and because we need performance data to make educated and informed decisions if we run the event again. These may not be the answers you were hoping for, but for the sake of transparency they are the answers we have to give at this time. We also want to make a point of saying that you as a player have the freedom to participate in any form that is most comfortable to you. With far more avenues of access to free-path Primed items with Aya, you can dedicate your time to building up that Prime inventory that you’ve been dreaming of. 

Unfortunate that DE didn't just decide to either cut the Regal Aya pack cost in half or double the amount we get from them.

I definitely would've spent money on Regal Aya to grab the accessories if either of those two things were done but as it is now I cannot justify the cost.

1 minute ago, alttea said:

So, voting with my wallet it is.

I'm fine with missing few accessories till next time, hopefully either price will go down or appropriate amount of plat (to justify the price) will be added by then. Looking forward to New War.

Absolutely, as stated:

A. The reality is that for this inaugural launch we are unable at this time (right before launch) to add Platinum to the packs due to technical and compliance limitations across all Warframe’s platforms. We want to avoid doing any changes midway through the event as well, with it becoming a logistical challenge on the backend setup and unfair to the players who were early participants. While it is not possible for this first run, we have pages upon pages of feedback here that will be considered alongside the data we’ll be reviewing once the event has finished. Rest assured the importance of bonus Platinum in the value proposition is noted for next time

10 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Apologies for the potential aggressive tone but...
This would have gone over far FAR better had it released over the weekend given the objections had been raised well before this point. That said, while this is part of your job, I am grateful for your acknowledging matters even if I find the substance more than a bit lacking.

11 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Question.... and I mean this with all sincerity and with as much tact as I can manage. What were you thinking when deciding to not include plat? That those in the White Knight brigade would drownd the rest of us out? That we would collectivly shrug? THe bean counters had to have known from the community team that this would not have gone over well with the playerbase.

TL;DR: You sprung the news on you too late to be able to actually make the needed changes to the messy state this is launching in.

Suggestion: for this rotation only, double the amount of Aya to compensate.

15 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Again. This is a thing intended to replace the vaulting system. There is no realistic way for 'you' (DE the company) to have not known that a major reason that those packs sell, especially when there is no way to discount the prices as compared to plat packs getting as much as 75% off coupons, is for the plat. Yes the actual accessories are a value proposition, but you are behaving as if the bundled plat had no value whatsoever.

Maybe it would have been better if you had given the announcement with more lead up time so that you could make changes based on feedback, but given how rarely you bother with the test cluster, or react in substantive ways to player feedback from dev workshops in any way beyond small adjustments? THis, while disappointing, is far from surprising.

19 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

At the same time, this is meant as a test run of a system intended to replace the vault packs, yet you are not providing equal value. There had to be at least a few of you going 'yea this isn't gonna fly. Remember when we were going to split vacuum up into three mods? Remember the storm that happened when the community wanted change over the chat moderation system and we foot dragged? How are they going to react when actual money is involved? It's going to be a bloodbath.'

21 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

I have to ask, will your performance data account for non-repeat purchases? Or will you look at the number of people wanting to buy the twenty dollar pack to get the one or two things they feel they can get away with as is, and never touch the system after? Or are you going to use those numbers to crow at how triumphant you are and how 'you have heard us loud and clear' ....only to do absolutely nothing to improve the system while you take away the old?

One last time ma'am. The free component of this is amazing and I am completely on board with it (except for that melted and mouldy grilled cheese sayandana.... eeuuuyyygh.)

Sitting here handwringing going 'we don't have enough time trust us!' tells me only one thing.

You waited to announce the system too late to make any changes of value.

17 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

A. The reality is that for this inaugural launch we are unable at this time (right before launch) to add Platinum to the packs due to technical and compliance limitations across all Warframe’s platforms.

If it can't be added to packs would it be possible to add at the point of sale of Regal Aya?  I've seen a lot of people comparing the cost of 3 Regal Aya to the Prime Vault Accessory packs and being disappointed by missing the Platinum.  Personally, the flexibility of Regal Aya letting me construct the Accessories pack that I want and leave out stuff I don't want is welcome but I think most people would be happy without Accessories packs if the 3 Regal Aya came with some Platinum.  I would also hope it wouldn't be too difficult to add Platinum retroactively to accounts that had purchased Regal Aya so it wouldn't need to be implemented immediately.  I assume some transaction record will be kept and hope the various platforms wouldn't obstruct it.

17 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

This all makes perfect sense. Thank you for addressing the needs and wishes of the community. I look forward to seeing info-graphics and statistics of this preliminary run. Overall, I love this idea of killing some of the RNG so I can buy the relics of my own choosing! I look forward to the "free path" and the future-modified "paid path" version that you have laid out for us.

5uac9c.jpg

23 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Thank you too. See you tomorrow!

Archived