The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence Dev Workshop & FAQ

[DE]Danielle

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Thank you for reading and we’ll see you for tomorrow’s launch! 

Thank you, Danielle. This means I'll be voting with my wallet and not getting the accessories I'm missing this time.

On one end, I appreciate the honesty. On the other end, it is disappointing that you guys pretty much had your plans set in stone with little to no wiggle room allowed for this event. I can't wrap my head around you sitting on a table and telling each other "Yeah, players will be fine with our Regal Aya pricing plans".

1 minute ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Absolutely, as stated:

A. The reality is that for this inaugural launch we are unable at this time (right before launch) to add Platinum to the packs due to technical and compliance limitations across all Warframe’s platforms. We want to avoid doing any changes midway through the event as well, with it becoming a logistical challenge on the backend setup and unfair to the players who were early participants. While it is not possible for this first run, we have pages upon pages of feedback here that will be considered alongside the data we’ll be reviewing once the event has finished. Rest assured the importance of bonus Platinum in the value proposition is noted for next time

Also, please note that people would've been a lot more accepting of the price increase if it was due to an economical need on your end and stated to our face as such. Although it's since been edited, claiming that the R.Aya is a 1:1 value deal with the Platinum missing comes across as shady obfuscation, and that feeling doesn't sit well with gamers nowadays.

4 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Absolutely, as stated:

So I get that there may be limitations to adding Plat to the packs, there's no explanation given why DE can't just

A) Half the price of the packs to compensate for the lack of Plat

Or

B) Double the amount of Regal Aya in packs to compensate for the lack of plat

35 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

The reality is that for this inaugural launch we are unable at this time (right before launch) to add Platinum to the packs due to technical and compliance limitations across all Warframe’s platforms.

Time to [DE[lay the event then? Put it back in the oven and fix the problems before launching this dumpster fire?

34 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

With Prime Resurgence launching tomorrow, we wanted to answer your requests to (a) add Platinum to the packs and (b) add Accessories Packs with Platinum. 

A. The reality is that for this inaugural launch we are unable at this time (right before launch) to add Platinum to the packs due to technical and compliance limitations across all Warframe’s platforms. We want to avoid doing any changes midway through the event as well, with it becoming a logistical challenge on the backend setup and unfair to the players who were early participants. While it is not possible for this first run, we have pages upon pages of feedback here that will be considered alongside the data we’ll be reviewing once the event has finished. Rest assured the importance of bonus Platinum in the value proposition is noted for next time. 

B. The same reasoning from A applies to adding Accessories Packs - there is still much to consider for an event that has yet to run, but being the biggest discussed point here we know it is desired. But since we are unable to add a Pack at this point, there is no way for us to add Platinum to a pack that doesn’t exist. 

We really want to stress again that this is our first attempt at running an event like this. It has been 8 years of the same Prime Access system and 7 years of Prime Vault, we aren’t reinventing the wheel but we are venturing into an entirely new way to make Prime items available in ways we’ve never attempted before. And this is why player feedback is so vital, we know what your top concerns are and will take it into consideration if we look at a future run of Prime Resurgence. 

We just simply cannot commit to any major systematic changes at this time, because of the reasons listed above and because we need performance data to make educated and informed decisions if we run the event again. These may not be the answers you were hoping for, but for the sake of transparency they are the answers we have to give at this time. We also want to make a point of saying that you as a player have the freedom to participate in any form that is most comfortable to you. With far more avenues of access to free-path Primed items with Aya, you can dedicate your time to building up that Prime inventory that you’ve been dreaming of. 

While the change to prime vault is starting to be needed because of amount of existing prime frame, the excution of this event couldn't have been done in worst fashion. You kept the change so close to the actual patch change that you painted yourself in a corner not being able to do anything about that ton of bad feedback its getting. How can anyone at DE think that regal aya with no plat = current vault system with plat. It is like nobody at DE ever understood that ppl buy the pack for the goodies but also because the combination of goodies with the almost same amount of plat for vault pack help justify dropping that money. Right now you're just getting a backlash, that could have been avoided with a little common sense, from people doing the math and not seeing the cost as worth anymore.

vor 48 Minuten schrieb [DE]Danielle:

A. The reality is that for this inaugural launch we are unable at this time (right before launch) to add Platinum to the packs due to technical and compliance limitations across all Warframe’s platforms. We want to avoid doing any changes midway through the event as well, with it becoming a logistical challenge on the backend setup and unfair to the players who were early participants. While it is not possible for this first run, we have pages upon pages of feedback here that will be considered alongside the data we’ll be reviewing once the event has finished. Rest assured the importance of bonus Platinum in the value proposition is noted for next time. 

I tell you a secret. You can edit the price of these Aya packs to reflect the lack of platinum in them. No matter what backend setup you have, this is done in a matter of minutes.

Guess what, today you tell is "it is too late to change something" we will consider your feedback next time. 
Next time your reply most certainly will be "but it would be unfair towards the people that bought stuff last time if we change it now". Am I right?

B. The same reasoning from A applies to adding Accessories Packs - there is still much to consider for an event that has yet to run, but being the biggest discussed point here we know it is desired. But since we are unable to add a Pack at this point, there is no way for us to add Platinum to a pack that doesn’t exist. 

How do we have to understand that?
Are you trying to tell us that Accessory Packs do not exist? I mean... the packs that for years are sold by DE?

accessoriespacks.png

And you have problems to add platinum to these already existing ACCESSORIES PACKS which ALREADY CONTAIN PLATINUM?

Either you are trolling us with these comments or you have no idea what stuff you guys are selling to us.

We just simply cannot commit to any major systematic changes at this time, because of the reasons listed above and because we need performance data to make educated and informed decisions if we run the event again.

IF we run the event again?
What happens to the excess Aya of the players if they buy these big packs but can't spend all of it? Sure, it was mentioned that Aya won't get lost... but if you don't run this event again players will never get the chance to spend it on something. You get the players money and the players got a premium currency they can no longer use after the end of this event.

All this sounds more and more like a big scam and your explanations sound more and more like a big excuse for ripping of the players.

Oh and I have another question... why is there even a dev workshop if you constantly ignore the player feedback. Everytime I see such a dev workshop the end result always has been exactly what was announced on the very first post. All feedback is by 100% ignored. I do not remember a single time where this was any different.

Considering it isn't even live yet and the amount of critical feedback, it would be better to simply delay it.

No player would be affected negatively by delaying this.

Anyone who buys into the Regal Ayas are simply being scammed. There's nothing else about it.

It will be another thing on the list of 'Noob Traps' that veterans will have to warn newbies against purchasing... just like all the others that are still in the Market to this day.

2 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

comes across as shady obfuscation, and that feeling doesn't sit well with gamers nowadays.

Yeah, that data triggered signal interference in my ethics subroutine.

_________

Change of topic: DE could potentially run a script after the event is complete to supply purchasers with platinum. I do not think it would be wise to do trying running one or more scripts during the event because of the glitches it could cause.

_________

Different change of topic: lots of players are probably going to purchase Ayacoins anyway. Between FOMO and totally wanting that "one, special item" I think it is likely. Maybe DE will share statistics with us about how many veteran players ended up buying Ayacoins.

_________

Off topic: Aya is a bad name choice, too much like Ayatan. I thought Ayatan Stars were supposed to contain the thoughts of people? Am I mis-remembering that lore?

Opinion Poll: I've started saying "Ayatears" and "Ayacoins". Are those dumb nicknames? I've seen some players coin the phrase RAya, is that better?

Are their other names we could use? How about Derelict Void Energy Precipitate for the free version and Hardened Void Lanterns for the paid version? Too crazy?

8 minutes ago, OP-R8R said:

Guess what, today you tell is "it is too late to change something" we will consider your feedback next time. 
Next time your reply most certainly will be "but it would be unfair towards the people that bought stuff last time if we change it now". Am I right?

Christ i remember the Hema  research cost fiasco...
'We must honor those that went thorugh it before now so nothing will change.'

Thank you for the follow up [DE]Danielle
It was worth scrolling through 29 pages of noise to hear you are listening to feedback even if it is too late to act on it.

Echoing my previous post, if DE wishes to double down on “bonus” endo, Legendary Cores already exist as a tradable endo stand in. Long term, an exclusive Regal Ayatan sculpture worth 10k endo could be created. To be used for endo, traded for plat or be one more prestige decor item.

In retrospect, the skipped Devstream would have been an ideal time to get this conversation started sooner.

54 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

With Prime Resurgence launching tomorrow, we wanted to answer your requests to (a) add Platinum to the packs and (b) add Accessories Packs with Platinum. 

We really want to stress again that this is our first attempt at running an event like this. It has been 8 years of the same Prime Access system and 7 years of Prime Vault, we aren’t reinventing the wheel but we are venturing into an entirely new way to make Prime items available in ways we’ve never attempted before. And this is why player feedback is so vital, we know what your top concerns are and will take it into consideration if we look at a future run of Prime Resurgence. 

We just simply cannot commit to any major systematic changes at this time, because of the reasons listed above and because we need performance data to make educated and informed decisions if we run the event again. These may not be the answers you were hoping for, but for the sake of transparency they are the answers we have to give at this time. We also want to make a point of saying that you as a player have the freedom to participate in any form that is most comfortable to you. With far more avenues of access to free-path Primed items with Aya, you can dedicate your time to building up that Prime inventory that you’ve been dreaming of. 

The justification for not including platinum instead of endo or lowering the price to make up for the difference has not yet convinced me haha

I understand the not paying one premium currency for another, but 10k/50k Endo seems underwhelming. Why not make it 40920 endo for a single frame pack, and 122760 endo for a double pack, the endo cost to max out one or three Legendary mods? Maybe scale that down so accessory packs, you get what you need to max out a Legendary mod (30690 endo).

It is ridiculous how shady this excuse is for not adding platinum.

The feedback regarding this event started to happen two weeks ago. Days ago the problematic with the platinum and the overpriced packs was expressed in detail... and one day prior the events start DE starts to react telling us "Oopsie, it is too late to change anything but next time for sure we will change the stuff you requested. That is of course IF we ever decide to run this event again. Who knows ;)"

Sorry guys, but that is the direct translation of what Danielle wrote.
The other proposals done by the players such as lowering the price of the Aya packs or increasing the amount of Aya in the packs were not even considered.
All we got is "we will do it better next time if there ever will be a next time".

I know people say there should be plat involved, but I personally don't care much for that. Royal Aya should be cheaper, that's really it, given that you wanted an equivalent cost to regular unvaultings, its twice what it should be right now. 

I'd like to feel good about purchasing stuff but this is way too far for me to take part.

8 minutes ago, OP-R8R said:

How do we have to understand that?
Are you trying to tell us that Accessory Packs do not exist? I mean... the packs that for years are sold by DE?

And you have problems to add platinum to these already existing ACCESSORIES PACKS which ALREADY CONTAIN PLATINUM?

Either you are trolling us with these comments or you have no idea what stuff you guys are selling to us.

DE clearly said that changing/updating Prime Vault and relics drops takes a huge amount of lead planning and dev work. Now I don't know why it is complicated, but DE said it so I believe them.

Just chillout and save your money.

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Smol question, any possibility of adding the Astrolabe-inspired Ayatan thingy to Varzia's wares? 1 - 5 standard Aya could be a worthwhile amount!

astrolabe_inspired_ayatan_thingy.png

Better alternative: Give us the Astrolabe Ayatan sculpture, worth 57500 Endo fully slotted, instead of the currently planned Endo when buying Regal bundles. That way, we get tradeable Endo with a value compared to the Platinum from Vault bundles. (Calculations based on the market price for socketed Ayatan Anasa sculptures.)

Bam boom done, fiasco averted.

vor 1 Minute schrieb LillyRaccune:

DE clearly said that changing/updating Prime Vault and relics drops takes a huge amount of lead planning and dev work. Now I don't know why it is complicated, but DE said it so I believe them.

Just chillout and save your money.

No no no, she was clearly writing about adding Accessories Packs and adding platinum to them. Both does not make sense since both already exists.

5 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Better alternative: Give us the Astrolabe Ayatan sculpture, worth 57500 Endo fully slotted, instead of the currently planned Endo when buying Regal bundles. That way, we get tradeable Endo with a value compared to the Platinum from Vault bundles. (Calculations based on the market price for socketed Ayatan Anasa sculptures.)

Bam boom done, fiasco averted.

Any replacement for plat that involves having to sell it to other players is not a valid replacement. All this would do is reduce the price of Endo. The first few who can sell at the current market rate might get the proper amount of plat out of it, but everyone after them is gonna be left with less and less valuable items as the Endo market drops. Edit: Same with suggestions to give out Legendary Cores. All that does is tank the price of Legendary Cores.

vor einer Stunde schrieb [DE]Danielle:

We also want to make a point of saying that you as a player have the freedom to participate in any form that is most comfortable to you. With far more avenues of access to free-path Primed items with Aya, you can dedicate your time to building up that Prime inventory that you’ve been dreaming of. 

Is it just me or does this sound really snarky? 😄

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

If you can't change what the packs contains you need to change the price, charging twice what the packs are worth for MONTHS is not a viable solution.

While it is not possible for this first run, we have pages upon pages of feedback here that will be considered alongside the data we’ll be reviewing once the event has finished. Rest assured the importance of bonus Platinum in the value proposition is noted for next time. 

"Will be considered" is not the same as "we will add this next time".

We just simply cannot commit to any major systematic changes at this time, because of the reasons listed above and because we need performance data to make educated and informed decisions if we run the event again.

Let's put the statements together:

It will be considered (maybe) IF the event will be done again.
Of course you only have a reason to do the event again if it is a success (aka players buying these overpriced packs).
And even IF the event is run again (which is questionable) the feedback is only being "considered" (before DE decides against it). -> PR talk.

Btw. DE has a track record of running events once and then never again.

8 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Any replacement for plat that involves having to sell it to other players is not a valid replacement. All this would do is reduce the price of Endo. The first few who can sell at the current market rate might get the proper amount of plat out of it, but everyone after them is gonna be left with less and less valuable items as the Endo market drops. Edit: Same with suggestions to give out Legendary Cores. All that does is tank the price of Legendary Cores.

I don't doubt you there, but it's the absolute minimum of a Platinum replacement that I'm willing to tolerate. Ideally for us would be a price decrease to compensate for the lack of Platinum. That way, we could always buy the Plat ourselves if we really want it. Pure Endo is just a slap in the face.

4 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We want to avoid doing any changes midway through the event as well, with it becoming a logistical challenge on the backend setup and unfair to the players who were early participants.

And, like, in what way is it "unfair" to give early participants the plat they'd have otherwise gotten in any other Prime Vault pack? The only part that's "unfair" to the early participants is you cutting half the value of these packs, charging the same price anyways, and then not resolving this before or during the event. And do you not think it's a bit "unfair" to your new customers that anyone who bought a Prime Vault pack before them also got a hefty amount of platinum included for the same price? What a weak excuse.

Why can't you guys just hit a home run for once?

Archived