Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Upcoming Corrections with Regal Aya: Next Steps

[DE]Danielle

47 minutes ago, (PSN)fuzz642 said:

what about upping the drop chance for normal aya? spending 30 mins in a endless deimos with 0 return in aya event still not worth playing. why just fix lining your pockets and fix the whole issue

Don't do that. It's not a good rate cause all those drops 50+ % are occupied by stars. Do the T5 bounty and complete all the bonuses. you'll get atleast 1 per mission or at most 3. 

• Like 1

Im still pretty angry, but not for the prices, but for the fact that DE lied to us, not once, but 3 times with this post. First, saying that the packs had the same value, second by saying that you couldn't change the contents of the packs, and now by saying that it was almost "a silly mistake", and doing what you said that you couldn't. I really, really hate when someone lies to me in the face, and in this event that happened thrice, in less than a week.

We're not babies, nor stupid people, don't try this ever again cause it will never work.

Edited by WTFm3m0
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, LokifRomValHalla said:

Don't do that. It's not a good rate cause all those drops 50+ % are occupied by stars. Do the T5 bounty and complete all the bonuses. you'll get atleast 1 per mission or at most 3. 

IF the bounty doesn't bug and lock you out of the bonus roll.

As soon as I was able to log into the game yesterday I made my first purchase because I believe in Warframe.  I am thankful and great full the DE has made a game that is fun, exciting, and a joy to play!  Add to the fact it is F2P or P2P be pending on you financial situation or desire and I am all in.  I provide whenever I can because even though the game is Free-to-Play, it’s not Free-to-Make.  DE, to your entire team…keep up the great work and keep charging forward!  Until you unplug the game or I pass on my account to my kids, I’ll be a faithful Tenno!!!

55 minutes ago, Grim_ReeperS117_2 said:

its the same value --> its close enough --> can't change it anymore until next time the "event" is ran --> we changed it

we, ill take it

In all honesty we are human, and make very human mistakes. If you were ever wondering what the sausage making process is like when it comes to development, this was absolutely it, full-frontal.

52 minutes ago, Kaziroh said:

This is nice but what about people who already decided to buy it before that change?

24 minutes ago, (PSN)RypousFromCze said:

Will players that bought regal aya before platinum add get platinum too???

5 minutes ago, HenryAbsol_ said:

So I bought the pack before the change with platinums. When do I get my plats?

As stated in the post, we are working on a script that will deliver the Platinum to those who have purchased already :) It just requires thorough testing - we will keep you updated on when to expect it, it may very well go out tomorrow to make sure its working properly.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, xKylesx said:

Thanks a lot for listening to the feedback, even though a lot of people provided toxic criticism 

Why do people so easily want to call an opinion they do not agree with as "toxic"? Everything has to be so polarized now and it is the exact reason why their is so much divisiveness in the world. When a company has a long standing way of selling a particular item or items that is already seen as contentious by some people and then they change that system and remove the bonus, in this case the platinum, some of the community is rightfully upset. I for one have purchased some vault and access items and would have purchased regal had platinum come with the package. Because the price is so close to just buying platinum and you get a frame or frames plus weapons and etc it is like a bonus. But now that is taken away or was before they realized how crappy that was. So that makes me or the other part of the community "toxic"? Just terrible at reading the room.

• Like 8

Just now, [DE]Danielle said:

In all honesty we are human, and make very human mistakes. If you were ever wondering what the sausage making process is like when it comes to development, this was absolutely it, full-frontal.

As stated in the post, we are working on a script that will deliver the Platinum to those who have purchased already :) It just requires thorough testing - we will keep you updated on when to expect it, it may very well go out tomorrow to make sure its working properly.

Much obliged to hear that, Danielle! This is making me want to buy even more Raya later on down the line for other things I may want and hold the Plat for things I may want in the future that come into the In-Game Market (or those weapons I can't get to drop, lol)!

Anyone who bothered to crunch the numbers knows this new system, even with this change, gives players a worse deal than the old system used to. It makes me sad that DE has evidently decided to reverse the long-term trend of making WF monetization less predatory.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, -xXx-B-e-A-s-T-xXx- said:

Is the issue not that there is now a resource that is only obtainable by spending money? Whole reason plat is great is because you can earn it in game by trading as well as buying it, this Regal Aya mess is a blatant cash grab and a spit in the face those those who grind to get these frames, weapons etc. whether to use or sell, either way they earned it.

If it wasn't a cash grab you'd have just used platinum as the currency instead of a rich man's currency to outright buy the item accompanied by a poor man's currency that involves more grinding and RNG that insults the aforementioned who have done plenty of that in the past and have the plat to show for it, which is completely worthless here without a conversion method.

No... it's never been purchasable by Platinum... so it makes the most since that if they would make changes it wouldn't be through the use of Platinum that you can earn through trading and livestreams...

6 minutes ago, Zhogun said:

Please include Rhino Prime Noggle and Nyx Prime Noggle to Dax Varzia's wares. 

It is buried deep in one of the many sub sites on Warframe.com, but it states that when the event ends, Dax Varzia will still have a shop open to use leftover regal aya that you have. 

The shop will include the Rhino and Nyx Prime noggles as well as the noggles for all the other frames from resurgence, and the parts for I believe Volt Prime, Valkyr Prime, Nyx Prime, and some of the items from past Prime Gaming accessories. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Tenno,

Building a new economy is tough. Despite Prime Resurgence being a best-selling Vault debut, we are making changes to what was introduced yesterday in the Regal Aya Packs by adding Platinum. The changes we are making are a result of what you want to see from us as a Developer and what we want for ourselves: good monetization.

Our intentions were always good monetization, but we have some learnings we'd like to share regarding intentions and executions when building an adjacent economy:

We misunderstood what some players valued most in the prior Vault packs: Platinum. We stand by our initial reasoning that Regal Aya was a good value for players interested in flexibility, but we now better understand what other factors our players consider when making purchasing decisions. This value of player purchase flexibility was justified by the sales (as this is our best debut to date), but that honestly doesn't matter if there's still misalignment between us and players who want to support us.

"We want Platinum", said many.
"But these aren't Platinum packs", we'd think.

We don't want this event, which is aimed towards improving the Unvaulting system, to be held back by our misstep on pack value and our rigid (but well-intentioned) thinking in separating the Regal Aya and Platinum currencies. So, we have a change coming:

Platinum will be included in Regal Aya Packs. It will be retroactively given to those who have already purchased and added in as soon as possible for future purchases. A timeline for this will be provided shortly.

We are in the testing phase of this now thanks to our team.

The amounts will be:

• 3 Regal Aya: 200 Platinum
  • 7 Regal Aya: 400 Platinum
  • 15 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum

These values were chosen to closely match the Prime Vault, while also accounting for the fact that these are re-purchasable whereas Prime Vaults are not.

The technical limitations related to how our offers are shown in different marketplaces are still in play for how a player will know they receive this Plat, but we will solve this over the coming months. So in many ways, it's an 'invisible' addition until all store-fronts can be synchronized (invisible in store, present in accounts that purchase). Until then, there will be inconsistent presentation across platforms, but the Platinum will be there. We thought it wasn't possible at the time of our last posting, but our team has worked wonders and was able to find a way.

We did not want the Premium currencies to overlap, but players do because of the value in our prior Prime Vault offerings. We are opting to adjust our stance for the benefit of the community at large who weighed in with perspectives and feedback that considered all factors. Those who chose to be toxic will be able to participate in this change thanks solely to the constructive feedback that occurred - toxicity is never tolerated or rewarded.'

Moving forward you will get more value on top of the much-desired flexibility. We apologize for any stress (thanks for those who kept the peace). See you around Varzia, Tenno!

2:30 PM ET Edit: All Platforms' Regal Aya Packs have been updated to include the above Platinum amounts! We are still working on the script component for all those who purchased before they were updated. 

I am happy this change has been made as it now has near equal value to Vault Prime packs.

However, I'm not really interested in the platinum as I stood by your decision to not have platinum involved. 

Is it possible I could get more Regal Aya that's equal to the platinum instead?

3 minutes ago, demonking1213 said:

I know since warframe is free to play they make their money though in game purchases but i think it would be real nice for the free to play people if there was an aya to royal aya conversion to reward the players. 

Also is royal aya tradeable?

Regal Aya isn't tradable. Think of it as Prime Access without Prime Access.

I am not happy with the toxicity of how some where. I seen no issue with how it was set up be for but I am one of few. I dont mind the grind and working for things. I love how you all are always willing to make others happy thanknyou do much.  I understand this is a source of income for you all and what little I can spare I will. I am always willing to help out and support good ppl. And product and art. From me My son and the rest of our clan . we bring you hugs from kittens and may clem bless you all with his grattakaks. 

• Like 1

Just now, SordidDreams said:

I'm talking about the classic Prime Vault system with packs directly purchasable for money.

Ah. Still, I think this makes more people happy with being able to buy the Raya Packs they want, get some Plat, and get their favorite Accessories/Noggles to boot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Tenno,

Building a new economy is tough. Despite Prime Resurgence being a best-selling Vault debut, we are making changes to what was introduced yesterday in the Regal Aya Packs by adding Platinum. The changes we are making are a result of what you want to see from us as a Developer and what we want for ourselves: good monetization.

Our intentions were always good monetization, but we have some learnings we'd like to share regarding intentions and executions when building an adjacent economy:

We misunderstood what some players valued most in the prior Vault packs: Platinum. We stand by our initial reasoning that Regal Aya was a good value for players interested in flexibility, but we now better understand what other factors our players consider when making purchasing decisions. This value of player purchase flexibility was justified by the sales (as this is our best debut to date), but that honestly doesn't matter if there's still misalignment between us and players who want to support us.

"We want Platinum", said many.
"But these aren't Platinum packs", we'd think.

We don't want this event, which is aimed towards improving the Unvaulting system, to be held back by our misstep on pack value and our rigid (but well-intentioned) thinking in separating the Regal Aya and Platinum currencies. So, we have a change coming:

Platinum will be included in Regal Aya Packs. It will be retroactively given to those who have already purchased and added in as soon as possible for future purchases. A timeline for this will be provided shortly.

We are in the testing phase of this now thanks to our team.

The amounts will be:

• 3 Regal Aya: 200 Platinum
  • 7 Regal Aya: 400 Platinum
  • 15 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum

These values were chosen to closely match the Prime Vault, while also accounting for the fact that these are re-purchasable whereas Prime Vaults are not.

The technical limitations related to how our offers are shown in different marketplaces are still in play for how a player will know they receive this Plat, but we will solve this over the coming months. So in many ways, it's an 'invisible' addition until all store-fronts can be synchronized (invisible in store, present in accounts that purchase). Until then, there will be inconsistent presentation across platforms, but the Platinum will be there. We thought it wasn't possible at the time of our last posting, but our team has worked wonders and was able to find a way.

We did not want the Premium currencies to overlap, but players do because of the value in our prior Prime Vault offerings. We are opting to adjust our stance for the benefit of the community at large who weighed in with perspectives and feedback that considered all factors. Those who chose to be toxic will be able to participate in this change thanks solely to the constructive feedback that occurred - toxicity is never tolerated or rewarded.'

Moving forward you will get more value on top of the much-desired flexibility. We apologize for any stress (thanks for those who kept the peace). See you around Varzia, Tenno!

2:30 PM ET Edit: All Platforms' Regal Aya Packs have been updated to include the above Platinum amounts! We are still working on the script component for all those who purchased before they were updated. 

THANKS!!!!

• Like 1