Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's next for WF now that TNW is out?

(XBOX)Varzin

So now that the big New War update is out and the team is back from winter break, what happens next? DE has a lot of different paths they can take in terms of deciding what to focus on next, so what does the community think should be prioritized?

Personally I'd like to see DE take this time to fill in the gaps where possible. Augment mods for abilities that don't have an augment yet, some abilities already have 2 augments while others don't have any. More weapons in categories that are comparatively slim like rapiers and snipers, despite how much I like swords and shotguns I think we have enough of those right now. Warframe skins and heads for frames that are lacking variety. New modular components to encourage players to re-engage with older systems and build new things (zaw strikes, kitgun chambers, amp prisms, etc). That sort of stuff. There are some areas of the game where the balance of content is pretty uneven and while I wouldn't expect that to change in only a few updates it would be nice to see some of those slim areas get filled out a bit. 

So what does everyone else think?

After having so much fun in steel path i'd welcome diamond path (it was planned at first but then it was for no reason decided to have just one difficulty increase instead, the justification was "muh matchmaking" but i found not single person doing steel path even with just 1 difficulty so third one would be 0% worse.

Also more steel path content: steel path arbitrations, steel path sortie, steel path fishing, steel path gathering of minerals...

Diamond path: All enemies glow bright pink to reduce player's vision, can not use abilities, weapons, warframes, operator, tools etc...
Only emoticons are avaible to chat with your team while in this mode, and only animations like playing guitar, dancing and stuff of this sort will be allowed to interact with mission objectives. If you make datakey happy it might follow you in to defense console....

Make it so hard, complicate and complex on teamwork that people's keyboards will explode under the pressure of focus of the actual player.

This will entertain people for years, i like your suggestions, i truly do but those are very basic and not unique... It is just add sniper rifle there and throw new helm model here. I'm looking forward to something more time intensive and fresh.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Varzin said:

So now that the big New War update is out and the team is back from winter break, what happens next? DE has a lot of different paths they can take in terms of deciding what to focus on next, so what does the community think should be prioritized?

Personally I'd like to see DE take this time to fill in the gaps where possible. Augment mods for abilities that don't have an augment yet, some abilities already have 2 augments while others don't have any. More weapons in categories that are comparatively slim like rapiers and snipers, despite how much I like swords and shotguns I think we have enough of those right now. Warframe skins and heads for frames that are lacking variety. New modular components to encourage players to re-engage with older systems and build new things (zaw strikes, kitgun chambers, amp prisms, etc). That sort of stuff. There are some areas of the game where the balance of content is pretty uneven and while I wouldn't expect that to change in only a few updates it would be nice to see some of those slim areas get filled out a bit. 

So what does everyone else think?

Here are my predictions for what's next based on what we know: 
- Duviri paradox
- Expansion of game based on the events of TNW (like Narmer bounties, but more)
- Deimos expansion (Loid still has only 3 ranks and Deimos was suppose to release after TNW continuing the story. That had to be cut from Deimos, so we will get it eventually.)

Here are my hopes:
- Warframe revised 2 - a big QoL update. There are many systems and parts of the game that need attention, that understandably didn't really get any. I am hoping for that.

Here is my secret (tin-foil hat) conspiracy theory:
- The original release order was supposed to be Fortuna, Railjack, The New war. With fortuna we got 2 orb fights. With Railjack we got Liches. With TNW we were suppose to get the third orb fight. 
- That's why the fortuna landscape changes so much.
- That's why the orb still sits in that pond.
- That's why we never hear about it, because it got delay along with TNW.
- That's why Fortuna Narmer bounty has a veiled Raknoid as bounty assassination target.

*tin-foil hat on*

In 2 weeks we get devstream where DE announces third boss fight with veiled Orb. 

Whatever "the right things for Warframe" are. Steve hasn't really elaborated. Hopefully that means some TLC for the gameplay and systems, but for all we know that could just mean more one-off content to collect and some exciting new Narmer bounties.

For me, ideally:

• Reduce Taxijack and make Railjack more fun and integrated into the game. I'd like to play more Railjack, but having to choose between being pigeonholed into Protea for infinite energy and trivial gameplay or using some other frame and not being able to use any Railjack abilities just kills it for me.
  • Finish Yareli. She's just not in a good place yet and hasn't gotten the post-release attention she needs.
  • An Invasion rework including Narmer/Sentients, and overall making the starchart more "alive".
  • More work on game balance and consistency. AoE meta is the latest thing that needs some addressing, but even that's just a symptom of underlying problems with the game.

In the longer term we're probably gonna have some more New War content and some new tangent to go on like the Infested, Granum, or the Queens, eventually leading up to Duviri. But with the way the quest was written I don't really see what's left to do in the New War since it feels like it's over without ever having started.

3 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

rework all the old  tilesets , finish the boss fights, fix old content/systems, buff/reowrk old warframes(or bad ones like inaros), then focus on new stuff.

If wukong would not exist(after his rework) inaros would be very popular. Just give him "sand clone" lol

what is probably going to happen this year: 

more post-newwar content, a couple more stand-alone frame releases (maybe one or two with quests!) and some reworks that may or may not go over TERRIBLY with the community depending on whether or not the word "nerf" is used.

what i hope will happen:

"what is best for the game" as the devs have said. some much-needed time off from the indefinite new-content mill to brush up some older parts of the game as well as a comprehensive difficulty rework. think complete game rebalance kind of stuff.

also, i'd expect AOE meta to be nerfed out of existence. its pretty much just... a fact that it will happen, the question is just when. 

6 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

what is probably going to happen this year: 

more post-newwar content, a couple more stand-alone frame releases (maybe one or two with quests!) and some reworks that may or may not go over TERRIBLY with the community depending on whether or not the word "nerf" is used.

what i hope will happen:

"what is best for the game" as the devs have said. some much-needed time off from the indefinite new-content mill to brush up some older parts of the game as well as a comprehensive difficulty rework. think complete game rebalance kind of stuff.

also, i'd expect AOE meta to be nerfed out of existence. its pretty much just... a fact that it will happen, the question is just when. 

I'm tired of these forced meta shifts, i still cry at night about maiming strike not being the way anymore.
Instead of excreting at the aoe weapons we should get maiming strike back that way melee and weapons will be on pair, then after that un-nerf warframe abilities so we can actually kill stuff that is not level 1 grineer with warframes like banshee again.

I speculate that we'll venture into the Void through the Wall of Lohk on Deimos and reach the Planes of Duviri.

Spoiler

The day/night cycle on Duviri would be different in that they are separate timelines all together, so we'll control the Drifter and Operator at different times, exploring the Planes and the marooned Zariman Ten-Zero.

I think they should turn their attention to railjack again because it needs polishing, more content, refining and getting back the energy flow so the ship doesn't become warframe dependent. And take advantage of TNW to do new quests around the new war....

Likely another open world is being made...

1 hour ago, ---Merchant--- said:

I'm tired of these forced meta shifts, i still cry at night about maiming strike not being the way anymore.
Instead of excreting at the aoe weapons we should get maiming strike back that way melee and weapons will be on pair, then after that un-nerf warframe abilities so we can actually kill stuff that is not level 1 grineer with warframes like banshee again.

how about.. no.

we're already way too overpowered for the game. we're borderlining on immortal, we can nuke entire rooms instantly in a dozen different ways and enemies literally can't even touch us in many cases. the devs literally had to put in a "warframe but numbers are waaaayyy bigger so there's some amount of challenge" just to combat powercreep.

how about instead, we reverse powercreep. make the game into an actual game rather than "spam lmb at walls and floors while seeing who can run from spawn to extraction the fastest for the sake of muh efficiency".

memeing strike was nerfed for a good reason, slide melee as a whole was nerfed multiple times for a good reason, old ember and saryn were nerfed for a good reason. DE hasn't had the nuts to balance the game for a while due to community backlash and i hope this will be changing since they'll be doing "what's best for warframe" this year. 

also friendly reminder that banshee:
-has a 100% armor strip at 145% strength (via sonic fracture) that costs 25 energy at base, 6.25 energy at max efficiency. this ability also knocks down enemies it affects which means you get a couple seconds of free damage on them without fear of retaliation.
-has a very cheap, reliable way to multiply damage via sonar that lasts for an incredible amount of time (30 seconds base duration with a 35 meter base range and a 5x base damage multiplier which by the way, multiplies FINALIZED damage rather than base damage)
-is able to stun enemies and deafen them, which is pretty alright for stealth missions. this also disables certain enemy  special abilities like various ground slams/stomps and grenades. ON TOP OF THAT silence also has an augment that gives you absolutely insane finisher damage.

sure, sound quake is not that great of an ability. it can effectively stun-lock enemies but while doing so you're locked in place so it's only really valuable in any form when used in a team setting (making it safe for an ally to revive someone, allowing for downtime in other CC abilities etc). however NOT EVERY WARFRAME NEEDS A NUKE. banshee is an excellent glass cannon type frame with a couple of stealth tendencies and various teamplay options. 

heres a fun fact: if sonar is recast and the highlighed body part overlaps with the previous highlight, the damage multipliers stack.. multiplicatively. if you have 200% strength and get two overlaps? 100x damage. three overlaps? 1000x damage. and while triple overlaps is rare, double overlaps is not that uncommon if you're using the resonance augment. 

the only time banshee is incapable of killing level 2+ grineer is if you're trying to play her like a tank (she's not, she's a glass cannon) or if you literally can't aim. 

the only reason banshee is "weak" in the current meta is because the current meta sucks, its "either be a nuke or be useless". leaving no room for buffs, CC or ya know... other interesting abilities like sonar. 

Idk man, I just hope they give us some new ways to challenge ourselves. Maybe some steel and path modifiers like skull in Halo. Nerfing AOE is dumb as hell though please stop suggesting it unless you wanna go back to only ever playing melee. I wish for more ways to make weapons AOE, maybe a rework for punchthrough mods where they act as exilus mods. But who knows, maybe we’ll just gut every explosive weapon like a fish and then get mad when no one uses guns anymore kek

24 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

how about.. no.

we're already way too overpowered for the game. we're borderlining on immortal, we can nuke entire rooms instantly in a dozen different ways and enemies literally can't even touch us in many cases. the devs literally had to put in a "warframe but numbers are waaaayyy bigger so there's some amount of challenge" just to combat powercreep.

how about instead, we reverse powercreep. make the game into an actual game rather than "spam lmb at walls and floors while seeing who can run from spawn to extraction the fastest for the sake of muh efficiency".

memeing strike was nerfed for a good reason, slide melee as a whole was nerfed multiple times for a good reason, old ember and saryn were nerfed for a good reason. DE hasn't had the nuts to balance the game for a while due to community backlash and i hope this will be changing since they'll be doing "what's best for warframe" this year. 

also friendly reminder that banshee:
-has a 100% armor strip at 145% strength (via sonic fracture) that costs 25 energy at base, 6.25 energy at max efficiency. this ability also knocks down enemies it affects which means you get a couple seconds of free damage on them without fear of retaliation.
-has a very cheap, reliable way to multiply damage via sonar that lasts for an incredible amount of time (30 seconds base duration with a 35 meter base range and a 5x base damage multiplier which by the way, multiplies FINALIZED damage rather than base damage)
-is able to stun enemies and deafen them, which is pretty alright for stealth missions. this also disables certain enemy  special abilities like various ground slams/stomps and grenades. ON TOP OF THAT silence also has an augment that gives you absolutely insane finisher damage.

sure, sound quake is not that great of an ability. it can effectively stun-lock enemies but while doing so you're locked in place so it's only really valuable in any form when used in a team setting (making it safe for an ally to revive someone, allowing for downtime in other CC abilities etc). however NOT EVERY WARFRAME NEEDS A NUKE. banshee is an excellent glass cannon type frame with a couple of stealth tendencies and various teamplay options. 

heres a fun fact: if sonar is recast and the highlighed body part overlaps with the previous highlight, the damage multipliers stack.. multiplicatively. if you have 200% strength and get two overlaps? 100x damage. three overlaps? 1000x damage. and while triple overlaps is rare, double overlaps is not that uncommon if you're using the resonance augment. 

the only time banshee is incapable of killing level 2+ grineer is if you're trying to play her like a tank (she's not, she's a glass cannon) or if you literally can't aim. 

the only reason banshee is "weak" in the current meta is because the current meta sucks, its "either be a nuke or be useless". leaving no room for buffs, CC or ya know... other interesting abilities like sonar. 

Friendly reminder that is super weak, just years ago one could go afk with banshee and  when coming back he would have 5000000mods, 400000000000000of each resource, billions of kills.
No one cares about muh little more damage against single target, my wukong clone can outplay any banshee while i eat dinner kek. 
Banshee was also instant killing ALL monsters in the WHOLE map with the ultimate, leading to super quick defense missions.
She is maybe 0.01% as good as she used to be

On other side I do want Diamond path but there is no support for it, i mean no popularity, even steel path is very unpopular, normal game should be as easy or easier than it is now, but for us godly players that are one with the warframe we need diamond path.
btw my banshee is super stronk, can you even compete?L0s1EvB.png

22 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Friendly reminder that is super weak, just years ago one could go afk with banshee and  when coming back he would have 5000000mods, 400000000000000of each resource, billions of kills.
No one cares about muh little more damage against single target, my wukong clone can outplay any banshee while i eat dinner kek. 
Banshee was also instant killing ALL monsters in the WHOLE map with the ultimate, leading to super quick defense missions.
She is maybe 0.01% as good as she used to be

On other side I do want Diamond path but there is no support for it, i mean no popularity, even steel path is very unpopular, normal game should be as easy or easier than it is now, but for us godly players that are one with the warframe we need diamond path.

oh i know what banshee was like in the past... i've been playing since way, WAY before massive powercreep.

exactly, nobody cares about warframes that are statistically pretty #*!%ing good because "muh AFK" or "muh immortality" or "muh nuke".

that's all the game is now, be immortal, nuke the room, AFK, eat hot chip and lie.

your entire argument on banshee being bad is "but her 4th isn't capable of killing high level enemies" when THERE'S 3 OTHER ABILITIES IN HER KIT.

also uh... sonar is probably the biggest damage boost in the game? its bigger than vex armor or eclipse, all you have to do is aim.

also "godly players that are one with the warframe"? what kind of cringefest is that? quit that S#&$, this game takes no skill. not even a little. the people who beat the old raids back in the pre-focus days have more #*!%ing game skill than you, ya know why? they aimed, they managed their energy, they avoided taking damage instead of just tanking it because "lmao i'm immortal anyways". back in the day there was no need for steel path because the game was balanced somewhat properly.

steel path itsself is a band-aid fix for powercreep issues. the devs literally went "oh no, the players have gotten way too strong due to powercreep, lets throw 100 extra levels and a 2.5x enemy number modifier at them and hope it works".

the game needs a proper full-scale balance rework, not "diamond path" or whatever. 

i'd assume you were baiting but i've seen people seriously think this kind of S#&$ before so meh. 

16 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

oh i know what banshee was like in the past... i've been playing since way, WAY before massive powercreep.

exactly, nobody cares about warframes that are statistically pretty #*!%ing good because "muh AFK" or "muh immortality" or "muh nuke".

that's all the game is now, be immortal, nuke the room, AFK, eat hot chip and lie.

your entire argument on banshee being bad is "but her 4th isn't capable of killing high level enemies" when THERE'S 3 OTHER ABILITIES IN HER KIT.

also uh... sonar is probably the biggest damage boost in the game? its bigger than vex armor or eclipse, all you have to do is aim.

also "godly players that are one with the warframe"? what kind of cringefest is that? quit that S#&$, this game takes no skill. not even a little. the people who beat the old raids back in the pre-focus days have more #*!%ing game skill than you, ya know why? they aimed, they managed their energy, they avoided taking damage instead of just tanking it because "lmao i'm immortal anyways". back in the day there was no need for steel path because the game was balanced somewhat properly.

steel path itsself is a band-aid fix for powercreep issues. the devs literally went "oh no, the players have gotten way too strong due to powercreep, lets throw 100 extra levels and a 2.5x enemy number modifier at them and hope it works".

the game needs a proper full-scale balance rework, not "diamond path" or whatever. 

i'd assume you were baiting but i've seen people seriously think this kind of S#&$ before so meh. 

Probably the worst way to maintain a playerbase is to appeal to people like you that fundamentally don’t understand how a horde shooter operates. There’s solo mode you know, some people don’t want to, surprisingly, revert several years of changes so you can stop whining about “wahhhhhh DE is giving us ways to deal with hordes in a horde shooter wahhhh”

36 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

Also it's funny that you try to downplay him as a new player when he's been playing longer than you lol. Even my console account is close to you in playtime start, starting in early 2016.

4 hours ago, TomCruisesSon said:

Cars for Warframes

Cooking System

Skill Trees for Pets

Customizable Lich Hats

Donkey Kong Bongo Controller

Calligraphy Lessons

Transferable Sentinels

Are the Calligraphy lessons available all of the time or on a limited 2 hour timer or something?

Can I use my Wacom tablet?!

3 minutes ago, Twin_Fawn said:

Are the Calligraphy lessons available all of the time or on a limited 2 hour timer or something?

On odd days you get 45 minutes. This time window is random

4 minutes ago, Twin_Fawn said:

Can I use my Wacom tablet?!

No, Donkey Kong Bongos only

6 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

On odd days you get 45 minutes. This time window is random

No, Donkey Kong Bongos only

It figures that they would time gate the best stuff ><

Is there at least a bounty to make 1500 lovingly calligraphed wedding invitations for Clem each week using the bongos? He gets married a lot I think.

I also don't mind if it's Alad V getting hitched or maybe just Onkko wanting a banner inviting everyone to his monthly Unum meat Barbeque, it's just important to have something to tie in the grind and lore together for the best impact to me ^^;

possum drumming GIF

I am prepared either way!

7 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Coming soon is Steel Path railjack

It's not like your AI crew won't melt all the ships and you go inside to play regular Steel Path anyways. Base Railjack needs a full rework before we start shoehorning more behind it.

Archived