Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fan-made skin concepts we'd like to see in-game.

CosoMalvadoNG

There are many concepts lying around the internet that would look great implemented in the game. here some of my favorites.

Gara-onesan 

Spoiler

ddkqw85-3e1d95b3-0f9d-4ee1-95ea-0389fb3a

Frost-sama

Spoiler

frost_blizzard_skin_by_artarrwen_d9eb0fx

wAeF4Op.pngE7OO-jMUcAMv_6p?format=jpg&name=large

Excaly

Spoiler

7t598m82s8w21.jpg

Ivara-chan

Spoiler

dd3zcob-557076e7-f6b2-405b-988f-ef7b40a201c8.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzA5YTVhYjI1LWVkYTktNGVmZi1iMmJjLWI4ZWMyZjBkM2ZhY1wvZGQzemNvYi01NTcwNzZlNy1mNmIyLTQwNWItOTg4Zi1lZjdiNDBhMjAxYzgucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.MZ_1KIIE-nbVmSQnaC_qadNeRxaRJMGHEkJv3aQPOr0

Wisp-chan

Spoiler

wnyrcxy7f8h71.jpg

Octavia-sama.

Spoiler

El1YjkeXgAIG2zB?format=jpg&name=large

Rhino-onisama

Spoiler

_Oucnhzm5IDmVNV04s-VpiGAXBOjUVPMKgdhS0Ip

PS: let me see what you have.

Dont have a pic or link but Hitsu-San's Revenant Youkai will probably always be my #1 pick. Its still viewable on the Tennogen Steam page but apparently it was rejected by DE for unknown reasons. Probably because they figured out the Nioh connection between all the skins. Still would have made one of the best skins in the game though. Guess we'll have to wait for Rev Prime later this year.

1 hour ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Dont have a pic or link but Hitsu-San's Revenant Youkai will probably always be my #1 pick. Its still viewable on the Tennogen Steam page but apparently it was rejected by DE for unknown reasons. Probably because they figured out the Nioh connection between all the skins. Still would have made one of the best skins in the game though. Guess we'll have to wait for Rev Prime later this year.

but that one is a Steam workshop Skin not a deluxe skin.

Octavia and Wisp are neat. Especially Octavia. I love the minimalist approach.

Ivara is kind of neat too, but they really went for those hips too much. It's like she wouldn't even fit in existing skeletons with such proportions.

Rhino is similar, he looks good but he's so damn thicc, he may not fit in a Landing Craft.

Others... idk, maybe tyey are not for me, they seem a bit overly detailed.

8 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

but that one is a Steam workshop Skin not a deluxe skin.

I'm a bit confused? The thread title says nothing about Deluxe Skins and neither does the OPs post. They just picked pictures of concepts for Deluxe skins from preference, not because they're Deluxe. 3 of them wouldn't be Deluxe either. Why does it matter that the Youkai Skin is not deluxe?

23 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Gara

helmet looks kinda weird, it's not really for me. Zamariu Skin or her regular prime is my pick (and you can technically have both with Prime details toggled.)

Frost

top skin is OK, reminds me a lot of IgnusDei's art style. for those who weren't around, he was the one who used to do the Deluxe skins, like Rhino Palatine, Frost Harka etc. but broke ties with DE over creative differences. still reckon hey'd have made an amazing Mesa skin, but oh well...

middle skin is pretty good, I like the idea of him actually having ice and condensation on his body to give the impression he's ice cold to the touch, and it'd look great with some of our ephemeras.

bottom one is the one I like most, and I reckon would be the most likely to see in warframe given the art style nowadays. dunno if it's what they were going for but the black "cap" on his helm reminds me of Jotaro Kujo from JJBA, suppose that's not a bad thing..

Excaly

it's a very detailed skin, with aspects of Dynasty Chroma (the wrist spikes) and Asuri Nova/Nezha Empyrean, but otherwise it alreayd has a lot in common with Zato Excalibur. also I don't Know if DE would be able to do the fur collar properly, since only now are we getting reworked hair visuals. 

On 2022-02-06 at 12:56 AM, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Ivara

I'm probably in the minority of people who think this skin is OK, but it's definitley one of those marmite skins; you love it or hate it. personally I think with the right colour setup (not that default one) it could work out, but Ivara already has great skins like her Kuvael Huntress and Zamariu skins, and her prime doesn't look too bad either. 

Wisp

I really do like this one, but IIRC the next tennogen round coming in the update has like 4 wisp skins... so I'm fairly certain that 99% of Wisp users will find something to their liking there and stick with that. either way it's an awesome skin, I would buy it.

Octavia

IMO this one suffers from the opposite of the other ones: where other skins are maybe too highly detailed, this one is nowhere near detailed enough; to me it just looks like an ordinary catsuit with some bits on and a discount DaftPunk helmet. and this is before goign into how I'm not really a fan of Octavia anyway, but her regular prime looks leagues better. 

Rhino

it certainly gets points for being buff, but I don't think DE will go for a skin that looks so "human": yes, I know Frost Harka has the abs and pecs too, but the way this is drawn, Rhino looks a lot wider than frost, and I don't know how well this could be done in game. at the end of the day, l the frames are not really meant to look human, and while I do see the Oni vibes, I think Palatine looks better for a demonic/edgy Rhino.

just my two cents anyway.

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

helmet looks kinda weird, it's not really for me. Zamariu Skin or her regular prime is my pick (and you can technically have both with Prime details toggled.)

It's a glass cloth on the face. In my opinion it looks pretty good.georg-nimke-garadeluxe-bygeorgnimke-ng.jpg?1574192307

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it certainly gets points for being buff, but I don't think DE will go for a skin that looks so "human": yes, I know Frost Harka has the abs and pecs too, but the way this is drawn, Rhino looks a lot wider than frost, and I don't know how well this could be done in game. at the end of the day, l the frames are not really meant to look human, and while I do see the Oni vibes, I think Palatine looks better for a demonic/edgy Rhino.

Are u sure they don´t do any human like?
I think they do here.rQ3EKze.png

22 hours ago, ant99999 said:

Rhino is similar, he looks good but he's so damn thicc, he may not fit in a Landing Craft.

i can´t see so much of a diference in his proportions. Not to mention the fact that they always adapts the art to the physical specifications of the warframe. I could say the same for the next valkyr skin.

1Pz5M3a.png

8 hours ago, XRosenkreuz said:

Considering we already have Excalibur Zato...

liger-inuzuka-excalibur-deluxe-final-by-

...I'd say that one's pretty solidly off the table.

7t598m82s8w21.jpg

There can be multiple, been that way for a while. Ash has two, Nova has two, Volt and Mesa each have two if you include the new Sentient ones, Excal and Nyx have two if you include the Proto skins, Valkyr is about to have two if you count Gersemi.

10 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

There can be multiple, been that way for a while. Ash has two, Nova has two, Volt and Mesa each have two if you include the new Sentient ones, Excal and Nyx have two if you include the Proto skins, Valkyr is about to have two if you count Gersemi.

ExcaIy have the zato and proto skins but i think he says it more because he has a lot of details or that was some ppl said and speculated in the past. But we have already seen skins and warframes with many details like nidus prime or hyldrin's deluxe skin plus the excalibur is basically the mascot of this game.

7 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

I'm not saying a Frame can't have multiple skins. I'm saying that Wander Everlast has way, way too many features in common with Zato. Look at the belt. And the skull on the shoulder. And the focus on tassels, the greaves, the collar. The designs are so similar, I think it's safe to say they wouldn't bother.

3 hours ago, XRosenkreuz said:

I'm not saying a Frame can't have multiple skins. I'm saying that Wander Everlast has way, way too many features in common with Zato. Look at the belt. And the skull on the shoulder. And the focus on tassels, the greaves, the collar. The designs are so similar, I think it's safe to say they wouldn't bother.

Ah, gotcha gotcha, my bad.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2022-02-06 at 3:07 AM, ant99999 said:

Octavia and Wisp are neat. Especially Octavia. I love the minimalist approach.

Ivara is kind of neat too, but they really went for those hips too much. It's like she wouldn't even fit in existing skeletons with such proportions.

Others... idk, maybe tyey are not for me, they seem a bit overly detailed.

I think DE edits them a bit to fit current skeletons in game

I just want more male frames like Revenant deluxe. S+++ tier.

Not a fan of that Rhino deluxe though, cuz idk what the deal is with this game mutilating and carving gaping holes through male frames' torsos. Which is something I didn't like about original Revenant that deluxe fixes.

Archived