Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players who actually main a certain Warframe...how do you do it?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

On 2022-03-21 at 8:26 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

awesome, finally someone who isn't obsessed with reworking Nekros for once!

i wonder if you use the Theorem arcanes to boost Shadow's damage.

I actually do have a build for that! I've liked using Total Eclipse with one or two Kitguns. Not exactly my favorite build, but a fun one for sure!

I main Saryn because I'm addicted to spreading the spores and indirect DPS, and because she can be made quite tanky.  Before that, I mained Valkyr, primarily for the raw survivability.

I think a big part of it for me is, I'm a shooter player first, and an MMO player a distant second.  It takes my kitty brain a looong time to get comfortable with the kit of a new warframe to where I'm actually using abilities at all, let alone well, and when I find my comfort zone it's very seductive to just stay there.  I get very quickly overwhelmed with trying to manage warframes that have a complicated mechanic for enhancing their survivability.  In the thick of battle, I have a hard enough time remembering to check my health and tap molt.

So overall I do well enough at warframe, but I lean heavily into gunplay and warframes with easy-to-use survivability and raw combat enhancement powers.

I am flexible enough to have some go-to warframes I am pretty comfortable pulling out for specific purposes.  Ivara for spy missions and all things conservation.  Volt for eidolon hunting.  Frost for defending targets, and Limbo for defending targets more cheesily.

I'm in an ongoing battle with myself to try to branch out and learn to be effective with more warframe kits, but damned if I don't start every mission by casting my 1 at the first enemy I see, shooting it in the face, and then getting sad when no spores spread.

19 minutes ago, capitalthree said:

I main Saryn because I'm addicted to spreading the spores and indirect DPS, and because she can be made quite tanky.  Before that, I mained Valkyr, primarily for the raw survivability.

I think a big part of it for me is, I'm a shooter player first, and an MMO player a distant second.  It takes my kitty brain a looong time to get comfortable with the kit of a new warframe to where I'm actually using abilities at all, let alone well, and when I find my comfort zone it's very seductive to just stay there.  I get very quickly overwhelmed with trying to manage warframes that have a complicated mechanic for enhancing their survivability.  In the thick of battle, I have a hard enough time remembering to check my health and tap molt.

So overall I do well enough at warframe, but I lean heavily into gunplay and warframes with easy-to-use survivability and raw combat enhancement powers.

I am flexible enough to have some go-to warframes I am pretty comfortable pulling out for specific purposes.  Ivara for spy missions and all things conservation.  Volt for eidolon hunting.  Frost for defending targets, and Limbo for defending targets more cheesily.

I'm in an ongoing battle with myself to try to branch out and learn to be effective with more warframe kits, but damned if I don't start every mission by casting my 1 at the first enemy I see, shooting it in the face, and then getting sad when no spores spread.

This is pretty cool and a good example of why Warframe is a good game imo. 

I'm the exact opposite, I came from mmos and rarely played shooters. I like glass cannons and crowd control. I'm comfortable playing a bunch of frames and testing builds. I can get a comfortable build on almost any frame fairly quickly but finding guns I enjoy is difficult. Once I do, I'm kind of locked into those guns. I like big explosions, full auto shot guns, chaining beam weapons and melee. You know, something I don't have to aim. I just want everything in that general direction to get some. 

I think WF does a good job at mixing two totally different types of games and you can specialize in whatever you are more comfortable with. There are enough options that appeal to a wide variety of play styles. No matter what you played before chances are you can find something that works for you. 

33 minutes ago, capitalthree said:

I main Saryn because I'm addicted to spreading the spores and indirect DPS.

i love Saryn because her abilities remind me of the Quirk Decay from My hero academia, and i'm a relatively Ok mha fan so i find that really cool! additionally, her skins are one of the best, and she has so many playstyles.

for example, i utilize Contagion cloud with Larva, to create a big stacking cloud of toxin, coupled with her spores and miasma, she can decay any health type now.

she's also my first Prime, and my most forma'd with 21 forma on her and so many builds over the years, And my third most used Warframe, i'm This close to main her.

i hope she never changes because she's at the perfect spot atm!

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

i love Saryn because her abilities remind me of the Quirk Decay from My hero academia, and i'm a relatively Ok mha fan so i find that really cool! additionally, her skins are one of the best, and she has so many playstyles.

for example, i utilize Contagion cloud with Larva, to create a big stacking cloud of toxin, coupled with her spores and miasma, she can decay any health type now.

she's also my first Prime, and my most forma'd with 21 forma on her and so many builds over the years, And my third most used Warframe, i'm This close to main her.

i hope she never changes because she's at the perfect spot atm!

Saryn is a great frame. She can do so much and be built a lot of different ways.

I also have about 20 forma into Saryn too. After my first one got to ~10 forma I just started building more copies. Three Saryns later I have a Saryn for every occasion. 

It is a habit. I main Nyx and Revenant because they won't die as long as their abilities are up. It is comfortable there. Why leave the comfort zone? I will play any warframe that gives me survivability. 

Another issue is personal preference on warframe aesthetic. I like the look of Nyx, Valkyr, Ember, so I main them. No, Xaku, I know you are strong, but I don't like skeleton sorry. 

1 hour ago, RichardKam said:

It is a habit. I main Nyx and Revenant because they won't die as long as their abilities are up. It is comfortable there. Why leave the comfort zone? I will play any warframe that gives me survivability. 

Another issue is personal preference on warframe aesthetic. I like the look of Nyx, Valkyr, Ember, so I main them. No, Xaku, I know you are strong, but I don't like skeleton sorry. 

i know i've said this before, but Nyx Aurelia with some green colors makes her look like that Wasp that mind controls cockroaches, Crypt-keeper Wasp i think it's name? 

it's so cool, especially with the dangling antennae, it's one of the reasons why i love using her too

I am really anticipating how they're going to do Xaku's deluxe, when Gara prime released they stopped the glass from breaking when casting splinter storm because players complained...will they stop the Broken Warframe from breaking???

I wanna say I'm a Saryn Prime and Protea main but I sure have been loving using Ivara Prime to cheese stuff with dispensary and some defensive kit. Makes liches an auto win which is hilarious. I'm a very loud player most of the time, I hate going stealth in most games, so basically the lich and sister fights had to be really annoying for me to want to play a stealth frame.

I made a really satisfying Nova Prime build too... and Zephyr Prime. Titania Prime... Mirage Prime.. Then theres Wisp, who is useful because of... well I mean that much is obvious! She has a whooole lot of... personality. Then theres Ember who can use dispensary to become a constant source of explosions. EXPLOOOOSION!

I really don't play Garuda or Khora much and I feel a bit guilty for that. Same with Valkyr.

Basically, if it weren't for subsume abilities though, I'd be maining Protea, Mirage Prime, Saryn Prime and Wisp. Subsumes really open up my interest in other frames, and if they nerf their viability they will kill build diversity and fun so I hope it never happens.. Realistically I mainly choose those frames because they can be flexible and use their powers a reasonable percent of the time even without dispensary (or other ways to get energy).

Ok. I guess I don't main a warframe, but I practically main "dispensary" and arcane guardian so I can use my powers reliably and get a reasonable amount of survivability. It isn't the highest dps but hey I can use my archgun and powers a reasonable amount of time.

15 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

will they stop the Broken Warframe from breaking???

They might let us pick one. I'm not using 4th but I love their skeleton form. On other hands people that use 4th complain about their fashion frame. IMHO the wisest thing would be let us choice which form we prefer.

Wisp. For levelcap, she can bring anything, and bring up to around 1000x+ multiplier on damage for some weapons. For casual, she has great speed and will never die. Whenever I get a new weapon I want to max out, unless a specific frame idea, a wisp levelcap run is first. Love that. Also, looks really pretty. Also, makes hitting that nice damagecap like super easy and casual and AOE and spammable which is nice. 

It's a natural progression of the game.

As you play the game, your playstyle will cause you to gravitate towards certain frames that are complimentary, which then turns into comfort picks. As you try different content/mission types, you will experiment with your comfort picks themselves, or will experiment with other frames to see if they can be specialized to both the content you are doing as well as your playstyle. These then flow into your comfort picks.

I would guess that most people probably play with only a handful of frames regularly. It's just in our nature to gravitate towards certain things.

I usually use about 4 different frames as my mains, but I do predominately use Oberon since I have a build on him right now that pretty much makes him immortal as well as his support he can give to teammates(when I am not solo) as well as supporting objectives in certain mission types. Not to mention he can bring the whoop-$#@ when it is needed. Pair him up with the right companion where they support each other and he is a frame that is hard to beat.

Its funny I have the opposite issue as the OP. I hate switching frames as I am a huge jack of all trades type of person. The Helminth system drew me to the game as I love multiclassing in all forms (I'll take one ability over zero)

I will switch between maybe 2 frames but will min max the hell out of their builds. My main Ash set up has collectively 20+ formas on the weapons alone for example. That's one area I think that helps when focusing on one. You're building everything towards strengths vs mix n match. 

But legitimately don't play beyond 2 frames, oddly was the hardest issue as a newer player is that I find most the frames just aren't appealing. Whether that be a combo of abilities or just horrid appearance (I do genuinely believe if warframes default appearance were more aesthetically pleasing it would've drawn in a lot more players. In general though their marketing is probably what hurts them the most beyond the dreadful experience of the initial star chart unlocks. Only game in my life the beginning felt more of a grind and chore then the endgame.)

But really its all about what draws you in and for me only a couple frames are fun and don't look like a hot mess.

Revitalized my Banshee prime today, bought soronity skin, with prime helmet, gave her a locust/Grasshopper color scheme, with a syandana that looks like bug wings, it's not the butterfly one, but a much smaller one with an elytron like the ones the beetles have.

also give her molt instead of her four because Grasshoppers can shed, it's fitting XD

absolutely love her playstyle, especially since it requires a lot of thinking, i have to figure out what's best for me, long range short duration or short duration long range.

eventually i settled for 64% range and 167% duration and 160% efficiency with 210% strength...it's amazing. the combination of savage silence plus sonar makes ludicrous damage numbers.

I don't know if people talk about this or not, but i absolutely love being deafened by silence, no joke...it's the added cool factor to the ability that completes it for me, also i was today years old when i figured out that it stops some AI enemies from casting abilities not just tenno.

i hope DE never dumbs down banshee or remove her risk reward playstyle...they seem to do that with every weak Warframe now, i hope she never receives a fraction of the amount of buffs gardua is getting 

you were right about some of my old old posts about Banshee @Tiltskillet Banshee is pure action in this game, she doesn't need anything else, BUT i still think her 4 is useless and she needs a sound design rework.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

BUT i still think her 4 is useless and she needs a sound design rework

Not literally useless.  But yeah...so bad as an ult.  And worse than that: dull, dull, dull.  Much more interesting with the augment, but still not great.

Her sound design doesn't offend me, but I'd love a more dynamic sound on Sonic Boom.  And Sonar getting a ping would be cool.  A lot of people dislike or are made uncomfortable by Silence's muffle, but I'm with you on that: I enjoy it.

For me, maining anything in a video game comes down to a matter of interest. The more I get into a game, the less I want to limit myself to one thing. Here are some examples using the games I play:

1. I'm very invested in Warframe, and I make it a point to collect everything I can and use most of it regularly. I swap between frames often and try my best to make an interesting loadout for each and every one of them.

2. As a massive Souls fan, I picked up Elden Ring the millisecond it released, and I already find myself wanting to make a bunch of different characters so I can easily swap between all of the different weapons to use in PvP. 

3. I think Valorant is fun, but I only play it to have a (good) time with friends. My interest is really low, and I find that I do not care to play anyone other than Omen and Viper.

4. Rainbow Six Siege is a solid middle ground. Back in the day when I played Siege more often, I rarely played the same operator twice unless I had a specific strategy in mind. Nowadays I'm not as invested, and I usually only play the game when my friends want to, but there's always ideas and strategies I want to test. I have a handful of operators on each side that I like to play, but I ignore a majority of the cast.

On 2022-03-26 at 2:11 PM, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

For me, maining anything in a video game comes down to a matter of interest...

In a way, I feel this does apply to me, but it's complicated.  It's true that Warframe overall isn't a perfect fit for my gaming tastes...  like I mentioned before I'm more of a shooter player, and also very much a social player.  The biggest draw to me in warframe besides the combat gameplay is

The rut I'm stuck in with Saryn is one that insulates me from many of the aspects of the game that appeal to me less...  I am not that into horde shooters or having to shoot huge amounts of enemies and keep up high APM, and spore spread cleans them up nicely.  I'm also not that into complicated kits that require you to keep up abilities, especially for survivability, so natural tankiness and a heal button suits me nicely.  I'm the sort of derp who has trouble even remembering to keep toxic lash up, and I know I need to build that habit.

Don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy warframe and especially my thriving little clan community in warframe.  But I can also admit that I'm not really fully committed to all of Warframe's game design ideals... I am already drawing analogies to games where I'm all-in with the whole design, like Deep Rock Galactic, where I play all four classes, but I have friends who play the game more occasionally who stick to one or two classses.  It does seem natural that if you love everything about warframe, then you'll want to try out most or all of the frames.  I like quite a bit about warframe, and I'm working my way towards getting comfy on more frames, but like I said above, there are definite reasons why Saryn's kit is more relaxing for me to play with most of the time.

I Think You Main A Thing [Anything\frame\weapon] Just Because Its Somewhat similiar To your Dream Hero And You Cant Actually Think About Any Other Thing
For Me When I First Unlocked Arbi I was Very Low MR like 9/10 I dont remember. And that day I died So many time. But a Player Who had Wukong Prime Just Kept Revivng Me.

That day i decided I would like to Try This Frame get Immortal Like him. I didnt Know what wukong abilities Were/nor i knew he was a chinenes God in mythology

But that day he just became my Dream hero.

And after Sometime My clan leader Gifted me the wukong prime after Farming together but had no luck getting his parts.

i quickly Rushed it. And When began using it. 

And when i saw that it was so much better than my privious Frame (Volt) In surviving i just felt in love.

Tho im in the same situation As you now. 
now im MR 30 And i just got bored of wukong. Tho It has that part of my heart that when ever a Quest Drops My Just Bring My wukong knowing that it wont fail me.

Maybe You  Will Get A frame That live up to your expactation and becomes your Hero. You Will Just Know When it happens

Archived