Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eximus sortie stronghold every day?

Tiltskillet

This has happened every day since AoZ, right?  Coincidence?  On the one hand, that's quite a coincidence to have this streak right now.  On the other, it seems out of character for DE to manually curate sortie modifiers.

Not complaining, by the way.  I've been loving it.  YMMV.

8 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

it seems out of character for DE to manually curate sortie modifiers.

They've done similar things in the past for certain themes, plus it's one way to ensure that they get tons of people playing against Eximus units to get as much feedback as possible so that they can make small adjustments here and there.

5 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

They've done similar things in the past for certain themes, plus it's one way to ensure that they get tons of people playing against Eximus units to get as much feedback as possible so that they can make small adjustments here and there.

Oh, I agree that it's a smart move if it's intentional.  I just don't think of them as taking such a hand-on approach, if for no other reason than lack of time.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Tiltskillet:

Oh, I agree that it's a smart move if it's intentional.  I just don't think of them as taking such a hand-on approach, if for no other reason than lack of time.

In another game I would agree, but in this game it might just be that the guy who hand-codes all Sortie missions anyway put down some Eximus missions with no extra effort. There's a number of things in the game that you'd think would be randomized until something weird happens that strongly suggests that they're not.

I think this is right as far as it goes, but  I don't recall some details:

Thursday (patch):  Defection, maybe??  Or maybe there wasn't an eximus modifier that day?

Friday: Corpus Defense

Saturday: Grineer Mobile

Sunday:  Void?? Exterminate ??  Really unsure on this one.

Monday: Grineer Spy

Tuesday: Infested Spy

If anybody wants to confirm,  fill in details, or correct mistakes I've made, I'd appreciate it.

If it's intentional, it's a little odd that we got two spys in a row, but some other ones that I'd think would be really useful for testing haven't appeared yet.

Just now, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

They did that plus extra. Now they get data faster, to appease the players faster. 

Again, I think it's a good strategy.  The question is, IS it a strategy?  Or just the mighty and capricious RNGawdz chortling at us?

Well, they have manually set it before (Deadlock Protocol had a week of Jackal Sorties to go with that boss rework) but it was something they explicitly announced in the community streams IIRC.

In this case I wouldn't be surprised if it was put in place as a testing measure, but without confirmation we can't rule out the possibility that RNG is the cause.

30 минут назад, Hayrack сказал:

Not everybody has 5 forma + arcane + galvanised setup to melt eximus stronghold.

You don’t need any arcane or galvanized mods for it. And are 5 formas something equal to r5 energize in terms of accessibility?Jeez.

But don’t worry I’ll help you. Scythe/Two-h Nikana Heavy attack build. Even most lazy build with few formas will kill sortie eximuses in one hit. More hits if y want it faster.

I actually don't mind, the more visually intense things are, the better. It's about time corpus and grineer fight back, not that they cause issues to me, but i can imagine them beeing a pain to kill for newer players.

15 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I think this is right as far as it goes, but  I don't recall some details:

Thursday (patch):  Defection, maybe??  Or maybe there wasn't an eximus modifier that day?

Sunday:  Void?? Exterminate ??  Really unsure on this one.

Checking the warframe alerts twitter account: Thursday - no eximus stronghold, Sunday: Corpus Exerminate (sortie 1) - Eximus Stronghold.

Also, the Wednesday sortie could be played after the patch dropped (I don't recall if the sortie rotation was before or after the patch release), it had a Corpus Rescue with the Eximus Stronghold modifier.

It does feel like the modifier has been significantly more common than usual. This could be just RNG, but does seem suspiciously coincidental. Given that the Exmius rework also changed the spawns for Exmius Strongholds, it would not surprise me if they've intentionally bumped up the chances of the modifier to test both the reworked units and the changes to the sortie spawn logic. It would also not surprise me if it turns out they've unintentionally bumped up the chances while making the modifications to the spawn logic.

5 hours ago, drnlmza said:

Checking the warframe alerts twitter account: Thursday - no eximus stronghold, Sunday: Corpus Exerminate (sortie 1) - Eximus Stronghold.

Thank you for this.  I knew I'd seen a way to look up old sortie info, but couldn't find it.  I'll fix my earlier post. 

Fixed list, with today's Eximus Stronghold added:

Thursday (patch):  Defection, maybe??  Or maybe there wasn't an eximus modifier that day? No Eximus sortie.

Friday: Corpus Defense

Saturday: Grineer Mobile

SundayVoid?? Exterminate ??  Really unsure on this one. Corpus Exterminate.

Monday: Grineer Spy

Tuesday: Infested Spy

Wednesday: Corpus Assassinate

Even with Thursday taken out, another one happening today is pretty convincing.  I'm suprised we haven't gotten an Excavate though, as to me that seems like a game mode that could be the most affected by the eximus rework.   Defection, PoE Bounty, and Disruption are other ones that I'd feel I'd particularly want data on.  (Although maybe Disruption doesn't happen with the Stronghold modifier?)

8 часов назад, Lutesque сказал:

Gets killed by Toxin Damage from Venomous Eximus Unit....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean... Yeah maybe? Haven’t meet many myself and don’t remember much problems, if you struggle it’s better to take some tankier warfrsme, untill you get “5 forma build” than tryharding. And overall not touching infested(majority of toxics) with anything smaller than radiation  Kuva Ogris from other side of room. You’ll die not from toxic eximus, but from ancient hooks there.

2 hours ago, SpiritTeA said:

if you struggle it’s better to take some tankier warfrsme, untill you get “5 forma build” than tryharding.

I take the Warframe I like using.... I will even try to Build around the content I'm doing even if the Frame can't actually Do well in that content....

For me it's either I Use what I like or take another year off Warframe.... I can't go back to being a Meta Slave... Not now that I've finally found my Favourites....

2 hours ago, SpiritTeA said:

And overall not touching infested(majority of toxics) with anything smaller than radiation  Kuva Ogris from other side of room. You’ll die not from toxic eximus, but from ancient hooks there.

Didn't you hear ?

Radiation Got Nerfed pretty Damn Hard....

Not only does it no longer Affect Eximus Units...it no longer Transfers to Ancient Healer's when Proccing on one of its Affected Allies.... 

I genuinely don't understand why this was Removed but it's made me really Upset...

Archived