Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Double Resource Week coming up with Tennocon Confusion

Numerounius

7 minutes ago, Doomyo89 said:

chill theres alot booster weekends in year so we have alot time crinding with boosters is not that big of deal of being this over top of angry for it 

It's because they didn't tell us anything, what do you not GET?!

'Oh it's fine that they're either lying or just not informing the playerbase, DE will just do something similar'

Ignoring that the Resource Booster that was in the event hasn't been a thing for a while, all you're doing is defending a bad practise just because you like the Company.

Stop. Doing. That.

1 minute ago, Doomyo89 said:

chill theres alot booster weekends in year so we have alot time crinding with boosters is not that big of deal of being this over top of angry for it 

Its... a big deal because this was going to be the first resource booster weekend since 2019.
If you didnt know, global boosters stack with personal boosters. Which is why resource booster events have always been very uncommon to begin with. 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)ARC_Paroe said:

Its... a big deal because this was going to be the first resource booster weekend since 2019.
If you didnt know, global boosters stack with personal boosters. Which is why resource booster events have always been very uncommon to begin with. 

lol there was alot  resource boosters in last year what are talking about? in holidays and stuff 

I think everyone is just confused on why the change and no real explanation or global post. Because lets face it even if it was an error its hard to believe they would finalize and allow to be put on a site then announce it. Change it with no warning. 

As far a boosters yes we have a had a lot for global events. But I think some are confusing the credit and affinity blessings for possible resource booster global event. I dont really remember last time when resource global events were available because I always have a monthly anyway.  But just in case to clear up some confusion.

Last Year New War Boosters

16 minutes ago, (PSN)ARC_Paroe said:

I mean... his channel is warframe centric, isnt it? Id say you have to love a game to make videos about it your entire career. Sure some of its clickbaity, but there is a very stark difference between bashing for likes and fair dues.

And this certainly wasnt for fair dues since we dont know why it was removed, or if it was removed at all and simply not just moved. 

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And this certainly wasnt for fair dues since we dont know why it was removed, or if it was removed at all and simply not just moved. 

Fair dues is making a video praising them for doing a cool thing. 
Fair dues is also making a video admonishing them for quietly removing the cool thing. 

Fair dues does not take into account context, especially when that context was never available. If DE, sometime today, makes a post about it explaining what went on then theyl earn back some points but the damage is already done; People will stop caring after the negativity and wont continue to check if it was "simply moved" to a different date.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)ARC_Paroe said:

Fair dues is making a video praising them for doing a cool thing. 
Fair dues is also making a video admonishing them for quietly removing the cool thing. 

Fair dues does not take into account context, especially when that context was never available. If DE, sometime today, makes a post about it explaining what went on then theyl earn back some points but the damage is already done; People will stop caring after the negativity and wont continue to check if it was "simply moved" to a different date.

And that is imo a stupid way of reasoning. Just as it is stupid to make the first video for that matter to "praise" them and then the second when you are disgrunteled. If there is no context it cant really be "fair" anything. At that point it is just speculation, fear mongering, glooming or whatever else it may be depending on the specific approach. Fair is when you have the facts at hand, otherwise there is no way to know if it is time for dues or not. Or should they pay for something we actually dont know that they've done?

10 hours ago, Wolf_Autopsy said:

They announced an event, and then quietly changed the description+graphic without an official announcement. This is LITERALLY bait and switch. All you deluded twats defending this need to wake up. I'm not one of those that complains about the game/updates nonstop; I genuinely enjoy the game, and have been enjoying it 5x more since the eximus rework...I think overall DE deserves some praise..but in this case? Sorry to say, they absolutely screwed up. This was bait and switch designed to drum up extra interest for tennocon. If this was a mistake then they should release a communication and keep things transparent. I don't 'need' this booster whatsoever...I'm one of those that buys monthly resource booster+drop chance booster and keeps it active the entire time I play. I farm my resources, kuva, etc. just fine. But this is simply bad business practices, and they should be condemned. 

How does this have anything to do with freebies??? THEY promised something and then secretly changed their minds, without informing us. This is the scummiest thing they've done in the past years I've played, and I'm one of those that actively defends warframe and the direction its heading. 

Changing the event without telling us, EVEN if the core cause/reason is still being investigated/potentially fixed, is 100% scumbuggery; did you not see the screenshots in this thread? They literally had a graphic that still had the resource booster, but the word was removed...then they put the final version with no resource booster. There was literally a meeting at DE on how to quietly fix this with minimal impact...I'm a 32 year old software developer, not some entitled child, or confused adult with no bearing on reality. This was bait and switch to create hype. They know it caused trade bugs...so why TF are they announcing it, without doing the due diligence of thinking it through first? What if a game company said told you you'll get a free item upon pre ordering..and then when you preorder, they say WHOOPS we didnt think it through, its far too powerful, sorry you guys don't get it anymore :). Anger relating to this has nothing to do with entitlement.

As far as everyone, all players+content creators constantly saying this game is garbage, its dying, etc. Yeah, they're entitled. But this? nahhh man some of you treat game development like its some near impossible thing, and we should be in awe of anything the developers do. It's an industry, it makes money, and the people do it for work, not volunteer hours. When they engage in bad business practices, they should be condemned. The backlash of this should be strong enough that they a)never bait and switch us again or b) rectify this by delivering what they promised.

Quoting this so people don't forget. Please take a look at this middle graphic. It literally STILL has a resource booster icon, with only the name changed. In the final one, they removed the icon. They could have done it IMMEDIATELY+ made an announcement. They literally bait and switched us lmao. 

In response to this, 100% agreed:

None of what you wrote matters. The event is still OVER ONE WEEK AWAY bro. Neither you, nor anyone else here, have been inconvenienced in any way, shape or form. It has cost y'all anything, hasn't caused any current changes nor has any active participation been altered. Nothing is active. Dude, the event isn't even close to starting! Lol! 

Yo, I don't care how much y'all attempt to explain, attack, name call or rant, it is VERY clear that you guys are attempting to strongarm and guilt DE into adding the boosters. It's wrong and you know it. DE has every right to change A FREE BENEFIT to players. Y'all act like DE owes you money when, in fact, the entire event is DE offering a freaking gift! This is a big low for you guys.

1 hour ago, Parcialsobriedad said:

gazz loves this game a bit too much , he is LOUD for a reason . Also yeah for content obvs , but had the resbooster not been changed we wouldnt have had that video lol

Dude is a chronic kuva addict. I feel sorry for him or anyone who thinks this is somehow "love". 

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And that is imo a stupid way of reasoning. Just as it is stupid to make the first video for that matter to "praise" them and then the second when you are disgrunteled. If there is no context it cant really be "fair" anything. At that point it is just speculation, fear mongering, glooming or whatever else it may be depending on the specific approach. Fair is when you have the facts at hand, otherwise there is no way to know if it is time for dues or not. Or should they pay for something we actually dont know that they've done?

By your logic anything negative is fear mongering. Under your thinking you are either a happy sheep of a customer who sings praises or youre an angry bridge troll who is angry for the sake of being angry. 
Also, who the heck are you to decide when and how a customer can be angry over something like this? 

Fair dues is praise when something praise worthy is done and admonishment when something bad is done. plain and simple. DE changed something after it generated hype without saying a single thing about it. If it wasnt meant to be, it should never have gone to the live page. Period. No matter if they flat removed it from the docket or if theyre just moving it to different dates, DE needed to communicate theyre doing it in the first place, preferrably with a "why" theyre doing it, so that the hype it generated is not turned into negativity.  

Just now, (PSN)ARC_Paroe said:

By your logic anything negative is fear mongering. Under your thinking you are either a happy sheep of a customer who sings praises or youre an angry bridge troll who is angry for the sake of being angry. 
Also, who the heck are you to decide when and how a customer can be angry over something like this? 

Fair dues is praise when something praise worthy is done and admonishment when something bad is done. plain and simple. DE changed something after it generated hype without saying a single thing about it. If it wasnt meant to be, it should never have gone to the live page. Period. No matter if they flat removed it from the docket or if theyre just moving it to different dates, DE needed to communicate theyre doing it in the first place, preferrably with a "why" theyre doing it, so that the hype it generated is not turned into negativity.  

Not at all. You can give criticism on that you know. But we dont know regarding this if it was an advertisment slip up or not. So complaining on DE "cos bad" isnt really valid until we know. No one should be hung for something they might have done. Also, where do you get the impression from that I try to decide? I'm simply speaking my mind on the topic, the content creator and so on. I can ask you the same, who are you to decide if I should find this approach wrong or not?

That isnt how that works. And I'm not even sure the content posted could be seen as "praise" as much as straight up parroting info posted on the official site. There are so many slip ups that can happen aswell between the PR department and the rest regarding these things. So making such a massive issue out of it is very very silly to me. simple miscommunication can result in it, or digging out the wrong image etc. DE also doesnt have to communicate anything, they can but they dont have any obligation to do so, especially regarding something that is a gift in the end. If this was something tied to virtual tickets, then yeah, they'd have to be upfront about it and a slip up would be very bad.

But I'm starting to see how things like cancel culture took root in the world.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb SneakyErvin:

Not at all. You can give criticism on that you know. But we dont know regarding this if it was an advertisment slip up or not. So complaining on DE "cos bad" isnt really valid until we know.

So by never commenting on it, DE can make sure that no one will ever get to complain. Genius.

Not at all. You can give criticism on that you know. But we dont know regarding this if it was an advertisment slip up or not. So complaining on DE "cos bad" isnt really valid until we know. No one should be hung for something they might have done. Also, where do you get the impression from that I try to decide? I'm simply speaking my mind on the topic, the content creator and so on. I can ask you the same, who are you to decide if I should find this approach wrong or not?

This isnt DE doing a hypothetical wrong, dude. I dont understand how you cant understand this. DE posted one thing, then after it had generated its hype, removed it. They did not replace it, they R E M O V E D it. People feel wronged by this because DE pulled the carpet out from under them; An explanation as to WHY would assuage those feelings. 
I say this again because its important - This. Is. Not. A. Hypothetical. What people are angry about is dishonest practices. 
... And your posts indicate that you think people cant be angry over this because "nothing happened", you also have tried to undermine criticism using the same reasoning. 

That isnt how that works. And I'm not even sure the content posted could be seen as "praise" as much as straight up parroting info posted on the official site. There are so many slip ups that can happen aswell between the PR department and the rest regarding these things. So making such a massive issue out of it is very very silly to me. simple miscommunication can result in it, or digging out the wrong image etc. DE also doesnt have to communicate anything, they can but they dont have any obligation to do so, especially regarding something that is a gift in the end. If this was something tied to virtual tickets, then yeah, they'd have to be upfront about it and a slip up would be very bad.

Again, the issue is DE removing a very rare global boost weekend without saying anything about it. This isnt a "slip up between the PR department" either; This is TENNOCONs hype page. This is DEs annual event. This is something they plan for very far out and not something they slap together in a few hours before launch. Web page development like this is also supervised; Its highly unlikely that joe schmoe put together the page on their own then put it live only for Katia managen to see people hyped and say "SHUT IT DOWN!". That, simply, isnt how this kind of web development works. Especially not for BIG TICKET events like tennocon where people who are only tangentially interested in the game still become hyped up. 

As for the "obligation" comment; You are 100% wrong. When a live service posts an official statement - in this case, a HYPE PAGE designed to GENERATE HYPE by telling us ABOUT THE COOL THINGS LEADING UP TO AN ANNUAL HYPE EVENT - and then CHANGES THE CONTENT OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT without MAKING A STATEMENT EXPLAINING WHY they open themselves, and rightfully so, to criticism. 
Saying that theyre immune to criticism like you are is like saying we cant complain when a company like bethesda says "get a free canvas bag when you preorder FO76 special edition!" and they actually send out plastic bags. People like you would absolve them of guilt by saying "well you got a bag so they didnt LIE to you". 

But I'm starting to see how things like cancel culture took root in the world.

Bruh what? Because people are criticizing a live service company for changing a HYPE EVENT after it GENERATED THE HYPE you think theyre whiny and entitled...? Because thats what that statement means. 
Its an extremely common "special snowflake" dog whistle phrase. 

8 hours ago, Krankbert said:

That’s your bubble. Most people don’t.

See, this is the problem with discourse on this form -  you declare the people you know to be "most people", but the people I know is just "my bubble" just say "most people I know don't".  

That being said, this is all just a side conversation. DE promised us an event and then pulled it out from under us with no explanation whatsoever. That's just unacceptable, no Idea why you are White-Knighting for them. 

vor 5 Minuten schrieb RabidCowmonkey:

See, this is the problem with discourse on this form -  you declare the people you know to be "most people", but the people I know is just "my bubble" just say "most people I know don't".  

That being said, this is all just a side conversation. DE promised us an event and then pulled it out from under us with no explanation whatsoever. That's just unacceptable, no Idea why you are White-Knighting for them. 

Personally, I think the problem with discourse on this forum (or most forums) is people no longer reading the words that are there. Instead they sort everyone into one of two boxes and then have pretend-conversations with the label on the box.

I have no idea why you think I’m „white-knighting“ just because I said that most people don’t have boosters active all the time. You don’t have to know a whole lot about gaming or the monetisation of f2p games to know that most people don’t spend any money and are casuals who can’t afford non-stop boosters off of their trading income.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)ARC_Paroe said:

This isnt DE doing a hypothetical wrong, dude. I dont understand how you cant understand this. DE posted one thing, then after it had generated its hype, removed it. They did not replace it, they R E M O V E D it. People feel wronged by this because DE pulled the carpet out from under them; An explanation as to WHY would assuage those feelings. 
I say this again because its important - This. Is. Not. A. Hypothetical. What people are angry about is dishonest practices.

There were two corrections made:

A) The change from dual boosters (which would've been extreme overkill. We know this) to affinity only.

B) Corrected the graphic error of keeping both booster icons.

No money was wasted by players, no time was wasted and the event is still one week away. As for hype generation, single day, well in advance corrections for an event players can't even access until another 10 days after that correction, is NOT out of normal scope change. 

Dude, you guys are 100x more dramatic than even concert goers or day-of flight changes! Lol!!!

1 hour ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

There were two corrections made:

A) The change from dual boosters (which would've been extreme overkill. We know this) to affinity only.

B) Corrected the graphic error of keeping both booster icons.

No money was wasted by players, no time was wasted and the event is still one week away. As for hype generation, single day, well in advance corrections for an event players can't even access until another 10 days after that correction, is NOT out of normal scope change. 

Dude, you guys are 100x more dramatic than even concert goers or day-of flight changes! Lol!!!

Pretty much this.

I think that we can all agree that DE probably should have made a quick correction tweet or forum post about it which would have prevented this thread to begin with. That aside however, those overly freaking out over what was probably a miscommunication between departments really need to calm their teats and touch grass.

19 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

While we unfortunately didn’t catch the typo before it went live, the team amended the copy and image once we realized the mistake. We had hoped to avoid user confusion by the time we amended it, but it's clear that wasn’t the case and understandably players are looking for clarification from DE.

That's the explanation I thought was most reasonable and expected to hear.  My criticism is that it would have been much better to have acknowledged it at the time.  I hope you're already thinking the same about the next time something like this happens.

25 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

we’ll be running a Resource Booster weekend on all platforms from July 15th at 11a.m. ET - July 17th at 11a.m. ET

Very cool.  Thank you.

Archived