Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Double Resource Week coming up with Tennocon Confusion

Numerounius

On the Tennocon Announcement website  It Says Earn double Affinity and Resources across the Origin System from July 11 to July 17 leading up to TennoCon!

Yet as of an hour ago the word resources has been removed both from the text and associated image. Leaving only the Double Affinity Week left.

Was this change to not include a double Resource week with the double affinity week intended or not DE? 

For players. what do you think about DE teasing the offering of having an event double resource buff? This booster stacks with a resource booster and other sources of resource boosting such as smeeta's Charm buff. And then stealth editing it out not even 24 hours after the website goes live?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they swapped it last second because they will get more engagement and financial incentive after TennoCon launches Khora Prime. If they don't run it then, I will say that we got the short end of the stick. I would be patient though.

It's been pretty obvious ever since Garuda Prime launched what the most profitable plan is. Think about it. Launch Khora Prime, sell the Access, let people whale on stupid stat-stick Rivens, and then utilize the booster. People who are normally patient will be edged towards spending quickly if there's a time-limited event booster that we are lucky to see every few years.

Not to mention the oopsie DE made with their drop table site recently.

1 minute ago, Merrcenary said:

who cares about those boosters anyway

It's almost like it doubles your efficiency with any resource and we haven't seen one since 2020(?). Lots of people care, and false advertising is annoying.

@XHADgamingHere is better proof by the way: https://web.archive.org/web/20220630164730/https://www.warframe.com/tennocon/digital-extras

9 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

A lot of people do,

Needing Kuva for Re-rolling is very consuming on your resources. Likewise with pads and its resources.

And since it would have been an event booster it would have allowed you to net a 4x multiplier on all resources since it stacks with a regular booster. With their timers each being induvial and not just extending it.

14 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they swapped it last second because they will get more engagement and financial incentive after TennoCon launches Khora Prime. If they don't run it then, I will say that we got the short end of the stick. I would be patient though.

It's been pretty obvious ever since Garuda Prime launched what the most profitable plan is. Think about it. Launch Khora Prime, sell the Access, let people whale on stupid stat-stick Rivens, and then utilize the booster. People who are normally patient will be edged towards spending quickly if there's a time-limited event booster that we are lucky to see every few years.

That is a pretty good thought seeing how people can use a resource booster for newer players or experience players for getting rivens especially with khora prime coming out.

But if this was the case it doesn't make sense to delay it since they had to prepare the graphic and everything only to revert is less than 24 hours after launch. It would have been the though process before rolling out the tennocon announcement. I think the answer could have just been a mistake in which a simple response from DE I think should be enough to fix.

1 минуту назад, Voltage сказал:

It's almost like it doubles your efficiency with any resource and we haven't seen one since 2020(?). Lots of people care, and false advertising is annoying.

@XHADgamingHere is better proof by the way: https://web.archive.org/web/20220630164730/https://www.warframe.com/tennocon/digital-extras

1 минуту назад, XHADgaming сказал:

Needing Kuva for Re-rolling is very consuming on your resources. Likewise with pads and its resources.

I doubt that this can motivate someone to play warframe all weekend just because "muh resource booster, i must play, sleep can wait"
except perhaps the most nerds

Yeah, I was a bit confused when I first saw it.  It said "Affinity and Booster Weekend", yet listed July 11~17?  My guess is that they were considering giving us either 2 days of Affinity and Resource Booster, or a week of just Affinity, but somehow got the copy mixed up.  I wonder what most players would prefer though?  I know that I would definitely prefer just 2 days of Affinity + Resource over a whole week of Affinity, since I'm basically out of stuff to level.

9 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

Yeah, I was a bit confused when I first saw it.  It said "Affinity and Booster Weekend", yet listed July 11~17?  My guess is that they were considering giving us either 2 days of Affinity and Resource Booster, or a week of just Affinity, but somehow got the copy mixed up.  I wonder what most players would prefer though?  I know that I would definitely prefer just 2 days of Affinity + Resource over a whole week of Affinity, since I'm basically out of stuff to level.

That was another thing I noticed.

Sometimes a "weekend" will refer to Thursday-Monday or include a holiday which could be a justification to say that instead of just three days but never a full 7 days. 

Just a weird situation to have this plan of events unfold.

Looks like it has been edited to say week instead of weekend. Don't know if this was done during the removal of the resource booster mention or if another edit has been made.

38 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

I doubt that this can motivate someone to play warframe all weekend just because "muh resource booster, i must play, sleep can wait"

The normal person will login just to take advantage of it and not sacrifice their health to participate. Your conclusions are just so far from reality.

It would be nice to hear something about the decision. Its been a very long time since an Event Resource Booster was run at all, when back in the days they were kind of yearly at least. 

3 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Every time they do something like this it should be with some sort of statement to clarify anything and get their pov loud and clear

They usually post in the Livestreams and Contests Subforums about events that are going on with relevant details like the QTCC stream and rewards from it. I even posted the question to the most relevant thread I could find in there. So a little bit strange not seeing a post from them yet about it.

Overall it just seems like their advertising for Tennocon this year is very weak so far. I've seen more advertising leading up to New War than to whatever Tennocon is supposed to be about.

3 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

They usually post in the Livestreams and Contests Subforums about events that are going on with relevant details like the QTCC stream and rewards from it. I even posted the question to the most relevant thread I could find in there. So a little bit strange not seeing a post from them yet about it.

Overall it just seems like their advertising for Tennocon this year is very weak so far. I've seen more advertising leading up to New War than to whatever Tennocon is supposed to be about.

TennoCon is annual while TNW was the huge shift to the venture game. TennoCon already has the hype it needs, especially if DE has already seen big virtual ticket sales. 

As for the resource booster change, yeah it's a bummer but nowhere near the level as some players are making it out to be. 

1 hour ago, Merrcenary said:

...except basically every game-as-a-service employs FOMO type "events" like this.  If it's not effective in motivating players to engage with the systems (and sometimes spend money), why would it be such a popular tactic?

1 hour ago, XHADgaming said:

I had to stop playing for a minute because this was all i wanted to do but its slow and i get a bunch of nothing... when you realize its 300 weapons you want great or perfect rivens for, needed to start playing something else while i wait for content.

Its a shame... i would have certainly come back for a resource booster... they should atleast do a kuva booster or steel essence booster

2 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

Its a really efficient time saver.

A lot of people often post in the forums, about easy or faster ways to level up K Drives, Railjack Intrinsics, Amps, Necramech's, Focus, Kuva weapons. Moments like this are great opportunities to help out, because such boosters stack with normal boosters. So if you usually run an Affinity Booster, its double what you usually get, and if you don't, then its 4 times! Stacked with a MR blessing its over 4. 

So if there is something that might take you 8 hours to do in game, like max out your Intrinsics, now you can do it in 2. If it takes your 4 hours to max level your Necramech, you can do it in 1 hour. Thats the Affinity Booster. 

Resource booster, same principle but certain resources instead. Kuva, SE, VE, Cryotic etc

So people who like to save time or finish stuff they might otherwise be averse towards should care. I'm not the biggest fan of K-Drives, but was able to master all of them in less than 2 hours in such a weekend. So basically anyone that wants something from the game with a quarter of the effort and time should be semi interested. 

Damn.  Earlier today I was telling my partner how hyped I was for the double resource weekend, that they haven't done one in years, and we were going to farm a bit.

So of course DE tries to memory hole it and pretend they never said there'd be double resources.  Not even an announcement that they made an error.  Ouch.  Glad someone got the screen cap.

4 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

On the Tennocon Announcement website  It Says Earn double Affinity and Resources across the Origin System from July 11 to July 17 leading up to TennoCon!

Yet as of an hour ago the word resources has been removed both from the text and associated image. Leaving only the Double Affinity Week left.

Was this change to not include a double Resource week with the double affinity week intended or not DE? 

For players. what do you think about DE teasing the offering of having an event double resource buff? This booster stacks with a resource booster and other sources of resource boosting such as smeeta's Charm buff.

It's better not to makes these kinds of mistakes, but was anyone harmed by them changing the announcement?

4 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

And then stealth editing it out not even 24 hours after the website goes live?

It should have come with an open acknowledgement of the change, and I still hope they make that statement.  But I don't understand your emphasis on the change happening so soon after the announcement.   Better by far to edit it now rather than later.

I suspect they realized it would make our lives just a little too easy so they sneak nixed it. I'm supremely disappointed - and this isn't the first time I've felt this way about DE's decision making.

It's one thing to give too little and decide to add a little surprise and delight; but giving something then taking away leaves a whole different, more impactful impression. 

Archived