The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does this ability still exist?

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

3 minutes ago, trst said:

But that's just it, Inaros offering nothing but a large health pool is exactly what his players want. Anyone who does want that yet still wants a rework want it secondary to keeping their one-dimensional health bar of a frame. Cause if they just wanted a tanky frame to utilize their weapons with they'd just use one of the dozen or so other frames/setups that let them be more tanky.

Which is why a rework won't happen. He has dedicated players in spite of his issues. And since he isn't a detriment to other players DE has no pressure to rework him for game health.

Exactly. For some reason WF has a huge amount of players that want to invest zero energy and braincells into the game, which is why Inaros is still used and why Wukong is the most used frame by far. They get used to a thing that is tanky enough to survive most content so they never have to change frames and has useless abilities so they don't need to invest braincells into using them and refuse to change because no one is making them and that would require effort on their part.

12 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I see what you're saying but I think it's quite a bit of an exaggeration.  There's something to be said for just being able to chill and not put any effort towards your survival and still surviving.  In most missions you can literally leave Inaros AFK while you take a trip to the restroom or go off to help a member of your household with something and Inaros will still be alive when you get back.  With shield-gating you've got to be reactive to your shields going down and managing your energy to deal with it, and while depending on your build and luck that may be pretty simple, it's a hell of a lot different than needing to do absolutely nothing.

Is that what I'm personally looking for in a frame?  No, I find Inaros to be pretty dull, personally.  But when folks are just down to chill and don't want to devote a single neuron to their own survival, all while channeling their inner Dale Gribble?  Inaros is a great tool for that.

King Of The Hill Eyes GIF

Just gonna say one thing about this. I love your use of this gift. +1000 gif prestige

6 hours ago, trst said:

But that's just it, Inaros offering nothing but a large health pool is exactly what his players want. Anyone who does want that yet still wants a rework want it secondary to keeping their one-dimensional health bar of a frame. Cause if they just wanted a tanky frame to utilize their weapons with they'd just use one of the dozen or so other frames/setups that let them be more tanky.

Which is why a rework won't happen. He has dedicated players in spite of his issues. And since he isn't a detriment to other players DE has no pressure to rework him for game health.

As a longtime lover of inaros I find his abilities very disappointing. Granted I never bother with building for his abilities but that's only because the abilities suck. It would be awesome to see them updated and/or improved. 

Its simple really. Inaros best ability is pocket sand. It sends the enemies to sleep. His gimmick is also to be a health tank, but this is Warframe, where most of the time, dying is easy to avoid. At least once you have progressed enough to have access to different tools. Since Inaros has no shields, so can't shield gate, just give him ∞ Health. Thats not really going to break the game. Other Warframe's can last as long, as far as practical gameplay.

With this though, he'll need a new passive, so... make his new passive, that Inaros can go into the dreams of enemies and allies alike. Not only will this give Warframe new tilesets, as every enemy could have different dreams, hopes, aspirations and nightmares, but this would add an increase in difficulty variety too, and shake up the meta. For example, a Steel Path Grineer could be having a Nightmare of a Saryn, Wukong, Nidus and Titania hunting it down... but now as Inaros, you are in its dream, and they are now also hunting you down. A Corpus Nullifier may be having a dream about having enough money to be able to finally afford that trip to Earths beaches, so he can get a tan, and maybe even deactivate his bubble... and metaphorically his guard... so he can actually have intimacy and companionship for once in his life... and now Inaros is there too, awkwardly, applying sun lotion. 

9 hours ago, (PSN)M00n_Slippers said:

Exactly. For some reason WF has a huge amount of players that want to invest zero energy and braincells into the game, which is why Inaros is still used and why Wukong is the most used frame by far. They get used to a thing that is tanky enough to survive most content so they never have to change frames and has useless abilities so they don't need to invest braincells into using them and refuse to change because no one is making them and that would require effort on their part.

Here the thing though.... Invest Brain Cells into what ? Killing Enemies ? Baby Sitting Mobile Defense Terminals ? Bullet Sponge Bosses with Broken Damage Reduction Formulas ?

If there's anything in Warframe that Requires Brain Cells I honestly don't see it 😐....

17 hours ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

How? Enemies have to be like level several hundred to kill him at least. 

I realize there are (effectively) tankier tanks but hes the laziest tank and hes a good tank.

Idk why people S#&$ on him. His base stats are useful for something (high health) and 3 of his 4 abilities are at least useful. 

Thats more than can be said for several frames rn.

I agree though his passive might be the most useless in the game.

16 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I see what you're saying but I think it's quite a bit of an exaggeration.  There's something to be said for just being able to chill and not put any effort towards your survival and still surviving.  In most missions you can literally leave Inaros AFK while you take a trip to the restroom or go off to help a member of your household with something and Inaros will still be alive when you get back.  With shield-gating you've got to be reactive to your shields going down and managing your energy to deal with it, and while depending on your build and luck that may be pretty simple, it's a hell of a lot different than needing to do absolutely nothing.

Is that what I'm personally looking for in a frame?  No, I find Inaros to be pretty dull, personally.  But when folks are just down to chill and don't want to devote a single neuron to their own survival, all while channeling their inner Dale Gribble?  Inaros is a great tool for that.

King Of The Hill Eyes GIF

Ah, don't get me wrong, as a lazy, zero brain activity tank he's certainly the best at it. When it comes to an engaging kit though he's the worst frame out there for one. A shame, because I love his whole aesthetic and tried so hard to want to use him (even the augment rework did nothing to save him), but god damn his abilities and passive are awful. Everyone rips on Yareli for being the worst but forgets that Inaros exists. At least she actually brings something to the team. He doesn't.

On a side note, can he even sit around and afk for a while now after the Eximus rework? Seen toxic Eximus shred him, unless that was changed.

3 hours ago, Numerikuu said:

Ah, don't get me wrong, as a lazy, zero brain activity tank he's certainly the best at it. When it comes to an engaging kit though he's the worst frame out there for one. A shame, because I love his whole aesthetic and tried so hard to want to use him (even the augment rework did nothing to save him), but god damn his abilities and passive are awful. Everyone rips on Yareli for being the worst but forgets that Inaros exists. At least she actually brings something to the team. He doesn't.

On a side note, can he even sit around and afk for a while now after the Eximus rework? Seen toxic Eximus shred him, unless that was changed.

I think that's because Inaros actually excels at tanking while Yareli is quite literally the jack of all trades (tank, dps, and cc), but master of none (because they're all subpar on her).

Essentially Yareli tries to fulfill a niche that literally everyone else can do better and therefore excels at nothing.

36 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

I play Inaros so infrequently that I'm honestly not sure on him.  I would guess that an Inaros with Adaptation, 2-3 Umbral mods, and his 4 active generally wouldn't be taking enough damage to die without first triggering Arcane Grace?  But if there's some way that Toxic Eximus are bypassing those defenses or just hitting so hard (depending on the level of the content?) that they're eating through Inaros before Grace can proc, that would be interesting!  I haven't looked into the exact rules that the new Eximus are playing by so I can't say.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Essentially Yareli tries to fulfill a niche that literally everyone else can do better and therefore excels at nothing.

With respect, to say that Yareli doesn't fulfill a niche is to miss the forest for the trees.  Yareli do K-drive, and that's what she excels at.  For the players who like that, it's fun, and her design (while I agree it could use some tweaks) is solid enough to be effective.

Naturally it's not for everyone, but that's fine because we have 50 other frames who can DPS the best, tank the best, and CC the best if that's what you're looking for.  But for people who can't get enough K-drive, there's no choice but Yareli.

I'm a little surprised no one spoke up about this but ;

UNLESS DE finally did fix it recently..

Inaros' Passive CAN STILL BE NULLIFIED by Corpus Nullifiers if you're on the unlucky end of going down against the Corpus. All the while ; any other frame's passive still works under such conditions.

22 минуты назад, Azurian-Draguard сказал:

I'm a little surprised no one spoke up about this but ;

UNLESS DE finally did fix it recently..

Inaros' Passive CAN STILL BE NULLIFIED by Corpus Nullifiers if you're on the unlucky end of going down against the Corpus. All the while ; any other frame's passive still works under such conditions.

Does the Corpus already have nullifiers at levels 5-10? Because at higher lvls Inaros still does not revive s**tself.

On 2022-08-22 at 1:36 PM, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Congratulations, you just described exactly what Sevagoth's passive is. He actually gets to use exactly what Inaros needs, but with mobility.

Try to heal myself > travels from Jupiter, trough Duviri to Lua.

On 2022-08-22 at 1:36 PM, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Imagine having an ability so bad that it gets replaced by another Warframe.

Imagine having an ability so bad de took it, made it actually good, and gave it to every other warframe in the game.

That's right, today we're talking about Inaros's passive and why DE refuses to make the ability any good, despite the fact it would take almost nothing to fix. 

Ok but seriously, why can't they buff this thing again? It makes Inaros go into a coffin, and then he tries to hurt enemies to revive himself. 

Imagine writing something like this:

Inaros pasive is weak. It's too hard to revive yourself. Sevagoth has more useful ability.

Oh lol so this garbage 'passive' completely disables operator last grasp and you cant even revive yoursefl ahahaha

Inaros is officially the worst frame now - he has a a NEGATIVE passive that hurts you. Apparently DE doesn't know, Im sure they will fix it.

40 minutes ago, quxier said:

Try to heal myself > travels from Jupiter, trough Duviri to Lua.

Imagine writing something like this:

When a frame has a passive that almost never does it's job only to be given as a passive to everyone else but usable, yes, I think the passive reaches the point of being talked about.

Hmm, if I want a lazy "tank" frame nowadays, I use Grendel. Enough to survive SP Ophelia solo for 3 hours. That's enough for me, because I'm not interested in level cap runs or stuff like that. Due to his little shield pool, you can use shield gating with him quite well. I don't use it actively, but it is noticable against enemy hordes, that he is way more durable than Inaros would be under the same circumstances, thanks to it.

55 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

When a frame has a passive that almost never does it's job only to be given as a passive to everyone else but usable, yes, I think the passive reaches the point of being talked about.

Yes but you don't have to write whole essay about it.

12 hours ago, Numerikuu said:

not at higher levels where some units can kill him even 1 on 1, eximus leech drains hp directly, but toxics dont do anything as far as Ive tried

On 2022-08-23 at 1:34 PM, quxier said:

Yes but you don't have to write whole essay about it.

1. Apparently they do because others keep saying it's good or it's fine, with no facts to support that opinion, against the myriad reasons it sucks.

2. That's literally what the thread is about.

3. They can write whatever they want, it doesn't effect you, so why are you complaining?

3 minutes ago, (PSN)M00n_Slippers said:

1. Apparently they do because others keep saying it's good or it's fine, with no facts to support that opinion, against the myriad reasons it sucks.

2. That's literally what the thread is about.

3. They can write whatever they want, it doesn't effect you, so why are you complaining?

1. That doesn't mean that you (OP) can waste people's time.

2. This thread is about what? Not writing essay?

3. They are writing in public space so they affects others. So they should write in concise manner. You know TL;DR.

3 minutes ago, quxier said:

3. They are writing in public space so they affects others. So they should write in concise manner. You know TL;DR.

The thread is about the ability, we are discussing the ability. No one has discussed writing essays but you. There is not a single post on this thread that is anything like essay in length, anyway. A paragraph or two isn't long. Yeah, it's a public forum, but you can choose to engage with it, you are not forced to. If you see something you find too long, then don't read it. No one is forcing you, it's not a topic that is insulting or persecuting anyone, so it isn't effecting you.

21 minutes ago, quxier said:

How am I wasting your time? If you saw the first sentence, you understand what I'm going to talk about. If you agree then drop a like and move on. If you disagree, then don't even bother reading the post, or you can give a counter statement.

Not to mention, this post is in general discussion. I am discussing the passive of Inaros, and while I could have put it in Warframe feedback, I put it in general discussion to see what everyone else thought.

(Btw, my post uses 11 sentences, with spaces utilized to make it easier to read, so it's not an essay.)

On the Topic of Bad Passives... I recently Discovered that Unairu's Last Gasp allows your Crew Mates to Revive in Railjack Missions even when you are playing Solo.... So Uhm... Yeah.... That was Pretty Nice 😁....

Also discovered that if The Stalker Kills you Then you just Die Immediately... No Last Gasp Revenge even if you're not alone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 2022-08-23 at 1:16 AM, Lutesque said:

Here the thing though.... Invest Brain Cells into what ? Killing Enemies ? Baby Sitting Mobile Defense Terminals ? Bullet Sponge Bosses with Broken Damage Reduction Formulas ?

If there's anything in Warframe that Requires Brain Cells I honestly don't see it 😐....

Not sure if that's a defense. "X is super monotonous so I choose to do play it in the most monotonous way possible." I would definitely say there are frames that take a little more effort to use. Granted, not much, but apparently even that is too much for some people.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)M00n_Slippers said:

Not sure if that's a defense. "X is super monotonous so I choose to do play it in the most monotonous way possible." I would definitely say there are frames that take a little more effort to use. Granted, not much, but apparently even that is too much for some people.

Maybe I've just been playing this Game for too long.... It's Extremely Tame compared to everything else which not only actually does Require Brain Cells but it also Acknowledges and Rewards that Effort....

Warframe Doesn't Do Either of those Things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 2022-08-22 at 12:50 PM, Lutesque said:

Nope.... Enemies need only be Level 200 for him to Feel The Heat and by 250 he's Going to Get One Shot Faster Than Every other Warframe.... You can probably Stretch it to level 300 if you put down an Ancient Healer Specter 👀....

That sounds like a skill/build issue.

Thats just not true for me. At all. With amy faction. Ever. 

And even if it was 250 is well above what youd normally see even in steel path. 

It seems a little unfair (to me at least) to poo poo on something for something most people rarely if ever deal with.

Archived