Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path Relic Farming Confirmed

Mr.NoodleHair

Gerade eben schrieb Rantear:

Actually would be really curious about real statistics on how many players will run those.
Cuz while I can carry Steel Path, and have all kinds of cheese builds for it, running fissures there absolutely does not seem like something even mildly enjoyable to be doing regularly.
Although I pretty much never run meta builds, maybe that's why I don't see the appeal.

for people with gear it is not an issue. only then, as already mentioned, neither kuva nor se is needed.
and many players keep dying in normal missions... i hardly find any players for sp survs... mostly only sp alerts are played.

so I believe it will be trash content.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Rantear:

Actually would be really curious about real statistics on how many players will run those.
Cuz while I can carry Steel Path, and have all kinds of cheese builds for it, running fissures there absolutely does not seem like something even mildly enjoyable to be doing regularly.
Although I pretty much never run meta builds, maybe that's why I don't see the appeal.

For me personally, I cannot stand to fight lvl 15-20 mobs all the time. It is boring, because an MK1-Braton can make short work out of them.

And having a challenge while doing stuff is a lot more enjoyable then blasting to low level content. This is why I cannot do more than 3-5 runs for relics at a time, because the clock seems to go slower with every run.

2 hours ago, Mr.NoodleHair said:

What a wonderful addition to the game!

Wouldn't Celebrate too Fast if I was You....

There's still the Issue of Matchmaking and Incentives....

The Good News Is just like like With Incursions... The 200+ Nodes on the Star Chart will be Condensed down into 5-8 Choices.... 

The Bad news is.... Is +1 Steel Essence good Compensation for Slower Relic Farms ? 

The Reason I ask is because I'm assuming Steel Path Fissures were Created just to Remove The Nukors from Normal Fissures Effectively Turning those Missions into Walking Simulators for Everyone Else.....What Reason would they Have to Switch Over to Steel Path....

If they Can Managed 60-90 Second Mission Clears then we might Wind up with a Completely Different Problem of Steel Path Fissures being So Rewarding that they are Basically Mandatory....

I don't know....

I don't think DE though this one through but that's to be expected at this point ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yep. Heck it is gonna be great for me, since now there wont be a dilemma "should I grind some relics or essence?", now I can just do fissures and get prime pieces to trade in for ducats along with essence.

edit: Plus I wont get bored after 20 seconds versus level 15-20 enemies.

this agree with sneaky

41 minutes ago, quxier said:

So... we got +1 steel essence for +100 levels & armor/hp buffs? Well, that's reasonable /sarcasm

You realize a level 10 capture and level 140 capture take the same amount of time right? Same goes for Survival rotations. Sure, some modes are slightly slower, but it's nice when you can double dip farms and even passively gain some late/endgame materials while doing more core missions like Fissures. The point is not that you get +1 SE, it's that you can get +200 while playing normally for Ducats/Platinum/Prime Access/Prime Vault.

vor 51 Minuten schrieb quxier:

So... we got +1 steel essence for +100 levels & armor/hp buffs? Well, that's reasonable /sarcasm

It is very reasonable, because instead of just doing SP for the sake of SE you can now farm SE while opening relics at the same time and additionally making +1 SE for every relic that you crack.

I was completely tired to run relics with lvl 15 enemies. But now that they are based on Steel Path, I will open a lot of very old and rare relics and I know a lot of other vets who will do the same.

5 minutes ago, Voltage said:

You realize a level 10 capture and level 140 capture take the same amount of time right? Same goes for Survival rotations.

Speed is relative to our power. Not everyone is at one spectrum of power. Some like me likes to play normal missions

1 minute ago, Dunkelheit said:

It is very reasonable, because instead of just doing SP for the sake of SE you can now farm SE while opening relics at the same time and additionally making +1 SE for every relic that you crack.

I was completely tired to run relics with lvl 15 enemies. But now that they are based on Steel Path, I will open a lot of very old and rare relics and I know a lot of other vets who will do the same.

11 minutes ago, Voltage said:

but it's nice when you can double dip farms and even passively gain some late/endgame materials while doing more core missions like Fissures. The point is not that you get +1 SE, it's that you can get +200 while playing normally for Ducats/Platinum/Prime Access/Prime Vault.

Sure, if you need that Steel essence then sure. I've played some Incursion and I don't need it. YMMV

And for me Void fissures are mainly for cracking relics. In my opinion harder mission should get more relic stuffs.

4 minutes ago, quxier said:

Speed is relative to our power. Not everyone is at one spectrum of power. Some like me likes to play normal missions

Sure, if you need that Steel essence then sure. I've played some Incursion and I don't need it. YMMV

And for me Void fissures are mainly for cracking relics. In my opinion harder mission should get more relic stuffs.

I think you're looking too hard at one reward in an isolated state. Incursions offer no value if you don't need Steel Essence, same goes for a Fissure if you really don't need the Prime Part. It's the enjoyment of going for both knowing it takes a bit more effort as the enemy levels/toughness are increased a notch. 

If you like normal missions fine, you just miss out on the next tier of reward. It's not unreasonable to reward players who like to toggle the modifiers on. The game benefits when the effort you put into your account results in a bone thrown to you. Things are stale otherwise.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb quxier:

It was only a question of time till that concern comes up. I don't know how anyone can no longer be in need of SE since you reroll your rivens with it.
Sorry to tell you, but if you like normal missions more than Steel Path, if you just want to crack relics, the change might not be for you. Which is not a big deal, because the normal runs won't vanish.

If you think that harder missions should result in more relic stuff (whatever that is), more power to you. Feel free to write in the suggestions forums about your ideas. I personally am super happy about this change. I would even be happy about this if they only added SP difficulty to cracking relics, because I hate running braindead content for longer than 5 minutes.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

This is awesome. I was surprised they did this. This will mean less vets in regular fissures too.

Finally, I can stop feeling guilty for my sentinel nuking everything before newbies even get to look in the enemies general direction 😂

Was surprised by this, and glad. Thank you, DE 💖

2 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:
12 minutes ago, quxier said:

It was only a question of time till that concern comes up. I don't know how anyone can no longer be in need of SE since you reroll your rivens with it.

You can have Kuva from different sources. So you don't have to do Steel path.

And that's assuming that you want to reroll rivens. The system is so predatory that I dont' feel like rerolling too much. Prices are ridiculous that I've bought only few. Of course you can earn 500-1000k plat but for me it's too much for single weapon.

Sorry to tell you, but if you like normal missions more than Steel Path, if you just want to crack relics, the change might not be for you. Which is not a big deal, because the normal runs won't vanish.

Yeah, it's not big deal. I just won't use it.

If you think that harder missions should result in more relic stuff (whatever that is), more power to you. Feel free to write in the suggestions forums about your ideas.

By "Relic stuffs" I meant parts from relic (not uncommon forma!) like prime parts or Void traces.

I heavily doubt anything will change. 4 people can either get rare stuffs or earn enough prime parts to buy it.

No one uses that specific Relic? 4 people can earn plat...

You are playing solo (bad connection, pc, other responsibilities so you want to pause game)? Play with others.

Bad RNG? 4 peoples can earn...

Uncommon forma? But you want forma, whenever you put no effort or you farmed those void traces. YOU NEED FORMA.

I personally am super happy about this change. I would even be happy about this if they only added SP difficulty to cracking relics, because I hate running braindead content for longer than 5 minutes.

For me SP is braindead too. It's just requires different stuffs and it's sometimes more annoying than challenging.

1 hour ago, Numerikuu said:

Finally, I can stop feeling guilty for my sentinel nuking everything before newbies even get to look in the enemies general direction 😂

Was surprised by this, and glad. Thank you, DE 💖

Omg yea I just realized the other day my sentinel was actually killing things with a Cryotra. I only use it as a status applicator.

7 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Am i weird for looking forward to fissure bonuses for our gear? i hope it lasts longer though,

Sometimes I create experimental builds for weapons, and do Relics just to get the fissure bonus to gear, and the Relic Reward isn't a consideration. 

There are a few weapons that have interesting mechanics and or become broken when they have unlimited ammo/don't use ammo, don't need to reload. Using the Nagantaka alt fire without having to reload etc Fun times. 

As far as the thread topic, this is great news for me. I know a lot of other players who have been requesting and pushing for this, and happy to see it implemented. 

I will be interested to see how many other players will be running these, but I know I will be, and could actually be fun, to see more people in Steel Path, as team work synergy can be more important. I like seeing how other people build for Steel Path. 

Great and welcome change. 

17 hours ago, quxier said:

No, you get +1 Steel Essence per rotation for doing Steel Path Fissures instead of Steel Path. It is a massive improvement since you no longer need to waste time doing fissures, which is currently the case on live.

15 hours ago, quxier said:

You can have Kuva from different sources. So you don't have to do Steel path.

And that's assuming that you want to reroll rivens. The system is so predatory that I dont' feel like rerolling too much. Prices are ridiculous that I've bought only few. Of course you can earn 500-1000k plat but for me it's too much for single weapon.

Steel Path is still the most rewarding since it is a consistant gain of Kuva. Arbitrations is also a good solution, but vitus is an RNG drop. Ontop of that Steel Essence is also used to buy more rivens, or riven unveils, aswell as forma, umbra forma and other useful stuff. And with the changes coming, fissures will all of a sudden be a place to farm kuva in aswell. So you get things you can sell for plat if that is what you fancy and you get currency to spend on kuva at the same time. Win-win.

Not really sure what is predatory with a free system. You dont have to trade anything to enjoy it. The predatory part would be the players setting the prices, but the process itself is free and similar to rerolling gear in many other games. I've gotten rivens for all weapons I enjoy. All of them have acceptable stat boosts and I havent spent plat for a single thing connected to rivens, nor have I found it hard to enjoy the system, nor spent massive amounts of time farming kuva either.

edit: In all honesty, it is probably the biggest QoL the game has ever gotten.

22 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:
On 2022-08-27 at 12:24 AM, quxier said:

No, you get +1 Steel Essence per rotation for doing Steel Path Fissures instead of Steel Path. It is a massive improvement since you no longer need to waste time doing fissures, which is currently the case on live.

Yeah, 1 SE per round or rotation. Whatever. It's not huge amount.

People don't waste too much time on Void fissures. I heard lots of people just go to Capture. I guess +1 SE per rotation is something if you can comfortably deal with SP.

Not really sure what is predatory with a free system. You dont have to trade anything to enjoy it. The predatory part would be the players setting the prices, but the process itself is free and similar to rerolling gear in many other games. I've gotten rivens for all weapons I enjoy. All of them have acceptable stat boosts and I havent spent plat for a single thing connected to rivens, nor have I found it hard to enjoy the system, nor spent massive amounts of time farming kuva either.

edit: In all honesty, it is probably the biggest QoL the game has ever gotten.

It's predatory as in:

- maybe even few hundreds plat for simple riven for specific weapon OR roll for weapon from hundreds of weapons pool

- when you want good stat you may roll a lot to get good stats (a lot of kuva) OR pay lot of money for single mod (even thousands)

So it's either gambling or paying (grind or real money).

I've bought few Rivens with random stats and I've gotten few rivens but they are still not great.

Steel Path is still the most rewarding since it is a consistant gain of Kuva. Arbitrations is also a good solution, but vitus is an RNG drop. Ontop of that Steel Essence is also used to buy more rivens, or riven unveils, aswell as forma, umbra forma and other useful stuff. And with the changes coming, fissures will all of a sudden be a place to farm kuva in aswell. So you get things you can sell for plat if that is what you fancy and you get currency to spend on kuva at the same time. Win-win.

I don't think it's very rewarding:

- Sure you can get some umbras but is this really necessary? I've put few on frames but I don't think I have one on melees. On melees it's not great. Negative 27% damage for some small Crit chance increase.

- Riven is all gambling so usage depends on your luck

- You can find Formas everywhere. Even our Grandma sells that (joke).

- Endo is ok I guess, there will be always something to upgrade (or sell those stuffs)

- Ephemeria and all other "graphic" stuffs is good only once

- So adapters (primary & secondary)? Yeah, you probably need few but I don't think you need that much adapters.

So it's not that great for me. YMMV (especially if you like gambling).

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Yeah, 1 SE per round or rotation. Whatever. It's not huge amount.

People don't waste too much time on Void fissures. I heard lots of people just go to Capture. I guess +1 SE per rotation is something if you can comfortably deal with SP.

It's predatory as in:

- maybe even few hundreds plat for simple riven for specific weapon OR roll for weapon from hundreds of weapons pool

- when you want good stat you may roll a lot to get good stats (a lot of kuva) OR pay lot of money for single mod (even thousands)

So it's either gambling or paying (grind or real money).

I've bought few Rivens with random stats and I've gotten few rivens but they are still not great.

I don't think it's very rewarding:

- Sure you can get some umbras but is this really necessary? I've put few on frames but I don't think I have one on melees. On melees it's not great. Negative 27% damage for some small Crit chance increase.

- Riven is all gambling so usage depends on your luck

- You can find Formas everywhere. Even our Grandma sells that (joke).

- Endo is ok I guess, there will be always something to upgrade (or sell those stuffs)

- Ephemeria and all other "graphic" stuffs is good only once

- So adapters (primary & secondary)? Yeah, you probably need few but I don't think you need that much adapters.

So it's not that great for me. YMMV (especially if you like gambling).

You are still focusing on one thing only though. You completely ignore that the prime parts can be a side income to people that currently just do steel path for essence and not the main focus of running the Steel Path fissures. At that point fissures will be a massive upgrade since it isnt just "+1 essence" (which is a 50% income increase roughly on its own), it is about the prime parts aswell. Heck, speed running SP fissures will probably rival normal endless SP for essence farming if you dont have 2x drop booster active since you can finish a capture fissure in about 1m30sec and Acolytes spawn between 3m30sec to 5m+ in endless.

I still dont see how it is predatory. No one is forcing you into spending plat and DE has nothing to do with riven pricing. Ontop of that rivens are highly optional.

And please do tell me where I can find pre-built forma bundles outside of Steel Path in the game. Kinda odd that you see Umbra mods as pointless and unrewarding while at the same time seeing rivens as predatory, which implies they are needed. When in reality both things provide minor boosts only.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Cargan2016 said:

was already a thing if al be it a bit complicated to do.  you just run mission once or one round on normal mission.  Then switch to steel path and hit replay mission from mission summary

Huh?

Huh?

simply if there is survival fissure on say venus.  Run it on venus on regular map set to 5 minutes and extract. the go to star chart switch it over to steel path and go yo your last mission results summary and hit replay last mission.  and there you go in sp version of survival you just ran

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Cargan2016 said:

simply if there is survival fissure on say venus.  Run it on venus on regular map set to 5 minutes and extract. the go to star chart switch it over to steel path and go yo your last mission results summary and hit replay last mission.  and there you go in sp version of survival you just ran

But will it actually spawn acolytes and so on? Will it have Steel Path mob density when playing solo?

And please do tell me where I can find pre-built forma bundles outside of Steel Path in the game.

Market( 1- 20, 3 - 35) & Nightwave. Sometimes from alerts or events.

And as for prebuilt forma & SP - you can buy ONLY 3 forma.... PER WEEK.

Just built 1 forma per day if you need so many...

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Kinda odd that you see Umbra mods as pointless and unrewarding while at the same time seeing rivens as predatory, which implies they are needed. When in reality both things provide minor boosts only.

In case of rivens I can have for example 2 - 4 stats that I'm using, hence I don't need to use 2-4 mods. This kind of things I'm looking for in rivens.

In addition stats boosts may be significant.

I still dont see how it is predatory. No one is forcing you into spending plat. On top of that rivens are highly optional.

Most of the game is highly optional. Something may be predatory and optional.

DE has nothing to do with riven pricing.

Yes, they have something with riven prices. They set randomness for them. When something depends more on luck then it might be more expensive. Guess what would happen if DE let us pick 3 stats after e.g. 10 rolls and final roll is normal "3.5k kuva for roll". Melee had 27 stats, guns ~25. In other words you have ~3.7% and 4.0% respectively. In today system you have 0,00023741690408357100 chance to get your roll. That would be silly when rivens from both methods cost the same plat.

You are still focusing on one thing only though. You completely ignore that the prime parts can be a side income to people that currently just do steel path for essence and not the main focus of running the Steel Path fissures

While I'm focusing on Void fissures aspect, you are focusing on Steel path aspect.

Archived