Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path Relic Farming Confirmed

Mr.NoodleHair

Im all for it, but really you need full squad to maximise drop chance and SP is not played as much - so you wont have enough players and everyone will naturally go to the easy mode fore relics. I guess its still good for when you only want to farm Steel essence and dumping your hundreds of relics is just an added bonus

12 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I didn't hear anything mentioned (although to be fair I was only half listening) I'd have been more interested in it gave higher chance of getting the rare item to drop from the relics....

nope, the only bonus is +1 Steel essence - seen from the ui

VozG6Df.png

1 minute ago, nslay said:

New players won't be getting vaulted stuff by chance anymore. I remember all the strange stuff I got from random pub fissures when I was new.

I think it will reduce that serendipity some, but not a lot.  It's not like co-op SP captures are immensely engaging or rewarding compared to regular, so I'd anticipate there will still be a lot of relic-rich, experienced players in normal star chart fissures.

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Mr.NoodleHair:

Confirming this was probably the highlight of the stream for me

Farming lith relics doesn't need to be as brain-dead anymore! And you get Steel Essence on top of doing the missions, and Acolytes will spawn! It's perfect

What a wonderful addition to the game!

????
since when do you need more intellect for sp?
and you do realize that acolyte takes several minutes?
and my relic speed runs don't even last 1:30!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqXnN2EUyiytD0GQnkLnE

1 minute ago, Venus-Venera said:

????

Higher level exterminates are like 150 mobs that dont instantly die when you look at them. which is another reason not to play them cause it would only make farming longer. Missions on a timer wouldn't matter.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Venus-Venera:

????

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqXnN2EUyiytD0GQnkLnE

Well, instead of just doing SP for Steel Essence, you can now open relics while doing it and you will have a lot more ressources dropped.

And... this might not be for you.... it is more challenging, isn't that cool?

Another benefit no more solo spawn rates + fissure resource booster!

For anyone who has tried looking at min-maxing cryotic acquisition one route a person might go down is using a fissure excavation to make use of the fissure resource buff bonus but sadly you will soon run into the inevitable issue of the crappy spawn rates present in solo play killing off any potential gains it may have had. Steel path forces a four player squad spawn rate regardless of how many squad members are there solving this issue.

Steel path does come with some other drawbacks that you have to min-max for but this is one great use I can see for a steel path fissure.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Monolake:

Higher level exterminates are like 150 mobs that dont instantly die when you look at them. which is another reason not to play them cause it would only make farming longer. Missions on a timer wouldn't matter.

this is actually the case now. lvl 1 enemy with shield needs 2 shots with aoe weapon.

and for me it doesn't really matter which lvl the enemies have. only not every warframe can tank the damage. but doing damage is not an issue at all.

and relics are mostly about prime stuff. only something like relic surv on sp makes sense at all in my opinion. because rest is more than strange.

29 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And by looks of it, the essence gained was per relic, so it isnt a hindrance to run endless fissures endlessly either.

Steel Path Disruption/Survival Fissures will be quite nice, especially if you are a mid-level player who can handle Steel Path but still might need resources, Endo, etc.

33 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I didn't hear anything mentioned (although to be fair I was only half listening) I'd have been more interested in it gave higher chance of getting the rare item to drop from the relics....

I wouldn't be surprised if these missions rewarded a bit more void traces, which in a way is kind of like more rare chances.

12 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Steel Path Disruption/Survival Fissures will be quite nice, especially if you are a mid-level player who can handle Steel Path but still might need resources, Endo, etc.

Yep. Heck it is gonna be great for me, since now there wont be a dilemma "should I grind some relics or essence?", now I can just do fissures and get prime pieces to trade in for ducats along with essence.

edit: Plus I wont get bored after 20 seconds versus level 15-20 enemies.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb SneakyErvin:

Yep. Heck it is gonna be great for me, since now there wont be a dilemma "should I grind some relics or essence?", now I can just do fissures and get prime pieces to trade in for ducats along with essence.

Exactly my thoughts... I am so looking forward to this.... oh and the Steel Path sortie where you can only be rezzed by your buddies.

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm in the same boat. I have thousands of Relics but no motivation to turn that into Prime Parts/Ducats/Platinum because the missions are a joke and not worth the effort for me. I will be excited to play more in general with this small but dramatic change in my day to day login.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Unstar:

I wouldn't be surprised if these missions rewarded a bit more void traces, which in a way is kind of like more rare chances.

I don't think anything worthwhile is coming here. because balance in the game is lousy. they can't even calculate primitive things in excel!

and sp relics are intended for new players? because who needs se and kuva?
but new players want PRIME gear and often have unmaxed weapons and weak warframes. Therefore, it is better for them to play normal relics in a very short time.

Actually would be really curious about real statistics on how many players will run those.
Cuz while I can carry Steel Path, and have all kinds of cheese builds for it, running fissures there absolutely does not seem like something even mildly enjoyable to be doing regularly.
Although I pretty much never run meta builds, maybe that's why I don't see the appeal.

Archived