Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I the only one annoyed that Styanax...

Serizawa

Or make it so that his shield acts like Volt's 3 when carried. Except you can use all 3 weapons now. So the shield floats in front of you and materializes as an energy barrier or something. Also make it have its own quirk like restoring energy or shield every time the barrier is hit.

1 hour ago, Pavelord said:

i had suggested in the art feedback, to be able to equip it at least as a unique cosmetic to Styanax, in the back almost like a syandana, but I would prefer it was an actual weapon to equip with the spear.

I would prefer it was more like an Auxiliar Attachment kinda like Nekro's Chains/Valkyr's Bindings which you could optionally have his shield on his arm full time.

They could go with something like how Mag magnetize work:

-tap to shield bash.

-hold to raise the shield and block incoming damages for a short duration then shield bash with the accumulated damage added

A Axios and Tharros skin for the shield and sword weapon type could also be an option, but using a javelin like a short sword would be a bit weird (that being told we are already stabbing people with a mace when using silva&aegis prime so...)

23 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I would prefer it was more like an Auxiliar Attachment kinda like Nekro's Chains/Valkyr's Bindings which you could optionally have his shield on his arm full time.

exactly what i was thinking, i was a bit clearer in my feedback thread, i was thinking on the back but strapped to the arm sounds nice too.

Weird they didn't create a signature Spear Shield melee  combo like the sword shields of the past ie Ack & Brunt, Silva & Aegis, Sigma & Octantis,etc. Instead they give him a single weapon a spear gun. One of the 2 isn't bad I guess.

Very odd indeed, hmmm 🤔

They could have maybe made a lone melee shield that did a ramming charge attack damaging and knocking enemies out of the way for crowd control, to compliment his spear. 

I mean, even the shield weapons in the game, aren't really that good as functional actual shields either, usually. Its also Warframe, where most of the times, enemies are shooting at you from multiple directions, its also in the distant future, where your protagonists can tank bullets, and are so fast and agile, they use small knives and long blades to do that blurry fast deflect and block bullets effortlessly whilst hounding down towards enemies rapidly. 

If we gave historic shield wielders such abilities... So I tend to personally not get too hung up over how they use shields in the game. Otherwise I probably would be disappointed. Given their level of technology, a good shield would probably incorporate some sort of hard light technology that made it omnidirectional and like a shell around the Warframe, that absorbed damage and allowed you to redirect it with a weapon, so it'd probably not even look much like a shield, unless they incorporated aesthetic elements into it (which would be cool). 

I'm personally happy with the shield bash. Looks cool, is very powerful, and is used more as offensive, sure, but kind of makes sense given context.

25 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

I test Boreal set + Adaptation and die the same way.

Hmm I'm running without either and have not died in the air yet. I've built mine with Umbra mods and Primed Vigor while subsuming #1 for Gloom and using Arcane Aegis. Between gloom, armor, health and constant shield reg from kills and Aegis I practically cannot die. The moment you hit something with 4 you'll get massive amounts of health leech through gloom and atleast something should die often enough to keep some shields active, meaning there is always something for Aegis to proc from, which in return means you'll always have atleast the shortest shield gate available.

41 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

I test Boreal set + Adaptation and die the same way.

Boreal Set gives only 60% DR, you still need aviator for full number. I tried that too and come to very poor conclusion aswell. His initial kit just has no sustain for that idea in SP. You gain like.. 50? I guess it’s 50 shields for killing enemy. If you reliably kills 1 enemy per second, it’s around 50 shields/second recharge and it’s unfortunately pathetic for SP. I’m Oberon boy and tried my best to make durable build, so with adaptation, almost 2000 Armor (If I’m right it’s close to DR from Boreal Set, because shields has 0 natural DR) and with 140 hp regen per second I wasn’t able to sustain facetanking 100% of time. And don’t forget that his ultimate damage is laughable for SP even with max duration and strength. So it’s still works for Arbitrations, but you can’t facetanking like this on SP. 

To previous post. Gloom is cheating, lol

2 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

Boreal Set gives only 60% DR, you still need aviator for full number. I tried that too and come to very poor conclusion aswell. His initial kit just has no sustain for that idea in SP. You gain like.. 50? I guess it’s 50 shields for killing enemy. If you reliably kills 1 enemy per second, it’s around 50 shields/second recharge and it’s unfortunately pathetic for SP. I’m Oberon boy and tried my best to make durable build, so with adaptation, almost 2000 Armor (If I’m right it’s close to DR from Boreal Set, because shields has 0 natural DR) and with 140 hp regen per second I wasn’t able to sustain facetanking 100% of time. And don’t forget that his ultimate damage is laughable for SP even with max duration and strength. So it’s still works for Arbitrations, but you can’t facetanking like this on SP. 

How long in SP do you play if you find Styanax 4 to deal poor damage? At only +100% strength and neutral duration it destroys even Grineer thanks to the bleeds, and versus the others it just annihilates them with the initial damage. Only thing that really screws it up is if a nullifier pops up on their allies or an ancient disruptor buffs his friends.

And if you only kill 1 enemy per second it isnt really a Styanax problem at that point. It should be way higher than that with a proper loadout.

7 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

How long in SP do you play if you find Styanax 4 to deal poor damage? At only +100% strength and neutral duration it destroys even Grineer thanks to the bleeds, and versus the others it just annihilates them with the initial damage. Only thing that really screws it up is if a nullifier pops up on their allies or an ancient disruptor buffs his friends.

And if you only kill 1 enemy per second it isnt really a Styanax problem at that point. It should be way higher than that with a proper loadout.

I need to check it again, it’s just sucks from the start. With around 200 strength and 240 duration (negative radius because screw the the blast damage) it’s around 50-60 javelin with around 3100 slash damage, and overall I needed few 4 to kill group of Grineer, and that’s just basic Grineer on almost maxed Blind Rage build which is very power hungry, I’m not even mentioning killing eximus, You miss very good bunch of spears in his 4, so it’s big damage loss. I only played few days with him and tried build that maximize 4, because it looks cool, but it didn’t work on SP for me.

hace 1 hora, SpiritTeA dijo:

To previous post. Gloom is cheating, lol

I don't have problems on the ground, rather tank very well, the problem is only in using the 4 basically your shield disappears in a second and you die in it.

I can kill everything, tank everything even in infinite missions it lasts well up to 1 hour or so in SP survival (alone), then it's a little more difficult but you can survive, the fact is that it doesn't matter what resistances you use you die instantly when you use the 4 and have 20 enemies hitting you because the ability lifts you in the air eliminating any form of cover and becoming a target with little mobility.

Maybe in normal missions you kill lv30 mobs easily with it but in sp there is no real benefit to using this ability. They either increase the resistance in basis  of combo counter or they increase the damage a in basis of combo counter.

There is also the option to change it for another ability with helminth which is exactly my case.

1 hour ago, SpiritTeA said:

I need to check it again, it’s just sucks from the start. With around 200 strength and 240 duration (negative radius because screw the the blast damage) it’s around 50-60 javelin with around 3100 slash damage, and overall I needed few 4 to kill group of Grineer, and that’s just basic Grineer on almost maxed Blind Rage build which is very power hungry, I’m not even mentioning killing eximus, You miss very good bunch of spears in his 4, so it’s big damage loss. I only played few days with him and tried build that maximize 4, because it looks cool, but it didn’t work on SP for me.

It may be the negative range that guts your damage. Even if it is just blast damage, it can still add up to 120k damage at baseline duration if you deal 3100 per javelin, depending how close the enemies are to eachother. And with baseline range that is everything within 6m of each javelin. Currently I'm sitting at 120% duration (swapped Primed Vigor for the duration+health hatred mod), 175% efficiency, 100% range and 201% strength. Just to test it out I went to Sedna Steel Path Grineer survival, and up to the 30 minute mark it was no real problem relying mostly on #4 to keep the kills up for life support. Some Zarr shots and a few exodia contagion thrown into the mix here and there, but overall the javelins did most of the work. And this was on an unoptimal map layout aswell, I pretty much just ran back and forth in the long room with the walkways, so lots of spread out mobs due to 4 different access points, where two of them further splits up mobs due to two extra paths they can take to enter the actual room.

If I had found a good room the javelins could have probably sustained themselves. I even wiped out the acolytes with shield bash and javelin bombardment only (except for Violence).

edit: Now imagine that versus factions with no armor to reduce the blast damage, total carnage.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the devs probably explored the idea of defensive uses for his shield and found that they either weren't engaging or were just lesser versions of other shield abilities that other frames already have.  And then they decided on his 2, which makes use of the shield in an offensive way and is a fantastic ability.  It heals, it staggers, it debuffs, and you can use it actively instead of turtling up.

Personally, I think this was the right choice, as Spartan's used their shields as a way to bolster their offense.  With all the offensive potential that Warframes already have, a hand-held shield that is blocking attacks or whatever wouldn't do much to help.

Yes and that his spear is not a spear but a spear gun...

Its most likely just me but what they have shown at tenno-con and the bit I got from the following dev-stream (mioght have missed some stuff) and the anime, I was under the impression that's his melee (spear and shield)... wouldn't be the first time they added a new weapon type (Ghoulsaw).

But no, instead they add ANOTHER speargun (just after we got the Scourge Prime last PA) that comes with horrendous reload speed, laughable ammo capacity and off course (nerfed) AoE.

All in all this update feels "odd" because they bring 2 new AoE weapons (Axios and Aegrit) and 2 AoE weapon skins (in the Protea Deluxe pack) while they nerf AoE and make it less prominent.

Not saying they did this on purpose or anything but DE always had a problem with timing...

Archived