Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does DE take 9 months to release nothing ? DE has gotten comfortable and let their game go.

CoffeeSnake

I do not understand what DE is doing. They seem to have gotten LAZY with these updates. There is a gigantic content drought and there has been for years and this is why. They take months, talking about bonus content when they pile on garbage on a poor foundation. DE is capable of so much. What is with these unnecessary time gates. This game has no substance and DE continues to disappoint. It is not like they overhype anything which they can do, they just seem to not even be trying. They have done very intricate things before in the game and for an "end game" update to be so lack luster is just disappointing. DE does not seem to be putting in any effort into their game anymore. A stat check boss with zero mechanics, really ? Anytime DE lazily adds difficulty, it results in a health sponge enemy. The arcon fight simply takes longer due to mechanics added to reduce the damage that you can deal to it, this doesnt make it harder, just takes longer; even still we found a way to one shot them. DE needs to fix their general gameplay experience with enemies being mindless sponges, there are so many times where I see enemies not shooting, or standing still or just not paying attention. With every update there is a short quest and not content after that adds to the core game.

It is clear that DE does not care about Warframe anymore, you can even see it with their dev streams. It is just a book club to them. They need to hand the game off to a Dev team that cares. 

With this I quit. After playing this game since 2015, I am done.

Assuming this isn't trolling because they just released two updates in three months, DE do seem to have contracted stage 1 "Team Fortress 2 crushing expectations syndrome" and are only just barely keeping it in

For those who don't know, Team Fortress 2 started out just releasing new weapons, new maps, and finishing up their "Meet the Team" series. Then they wanted to go the extra mile, so they also started releasing Halloween events, Christmas events, webcomics to add more lore, entirely new game modes like Mannpower and Mann Vs Machine, they even got in a contract with Adult Swim to release more animated shorts. And when every single thing they released had positive reception (except Mannpower) Valve crumbled under their own perfectionism. They thought fans wouldn't be satisfied without massive updates that brought in more of everything; when in truth fans just wanted something. This spiraled downward until Valve just gave up and stopped releasing things, leaving several things unfinished

I worry DE might be going down the same path sometimes

3 hours ago, CoffeeSnake said:

I do not understand what DE is doing. They seem to have gotten LAZY with these updates. There is a gigantic content drought and there has been for years and this is why. They take months, talking about bonus content when they pile on garbage on a poor foundation. DE is capable of so much. What is with these unnecessary time gates. This game has no substance and DE continues to disappoint. It is not like they overhype anything which they can do, they just seem to not even be trying. They have done very intricate things before in the game and for an "end game" update to be so lack luster is just disappointing. DE does not seem to be putting in any effort into their game anymore. A stat check boss with zero mechanics, really ? Anytime DE lazily adds difficulty, it results in a health sponge enemy. The arcon fight simply takes longer due to mechanics added to reduce the damage that you can deal to it, this doesnt make it harder, just takes longer; even still we found a way to one shot them. DE needs to fix their general gameplay experience with enemies being mindless sponges, there are so many times where I see enemies not shooting, or standing still or just not paying attention. With every update there is a short quest and not content after that adds to the core game.

It is clear that DE does not care about Warframe anymore, you can even see it with their dev streams. It is just a book club to them. They need to hand the game off to a Dev team that cares. 

With this I quit. After playing this game since 2015, I am done.

You know that no matter how much effort they put into stuff people speedrun it all in a week right? That's literally one of the major arguments used by AoE supporters: the ability to finish the content as quickly as possible.

Look at deimos, an entire open world, and everyone already had everything after a month. 

Not to mention many games take a while before releasing major updates. Minecraft for example releases 1-2 updates a year and normally it's stuff like a couple biomes, some new blocks, and a mob or two.  

Not every game is like Genshin Impact pumping out big content updates every 1-2 months.

34 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Keep in mind Genshin is a gacha game where you can spend a lot of money and get nothing worthy even with banners

Or FGO with that gacha hell

*Laughs in multiple 5 star characters without spending a dime* 

But seriously they just made electro super op so now literally all of the elements can be used in a meta comp for big damage and all you need  is a 5* dps (which really isn't hard to obtain.) 

Keep in mind the best pyro character for a dps hydro or cryo comp and the best dendro character for an electro comp are literally obtained for free without gacha.

I have no issues with updates taking a long time. However DE takes so long yet each update feels like they put it together in a month. You play the new update and it’s over in either an hour or two days and has done nothing to improve the general quality / enjoyment of the game:it’s usually one or two items to add to your inventory with a 15 minute quest. I genuinely believe DE is not trying anymore.

I never expected any one to reply and only blow me off. I really wish the best for this game however DE does so much to disrespect it and their own community; intentional or not. After playing around a lot and experiencing the new ammo changes I’ll admit I initially overreacted but they aren’t that bad, however DE also failed somewhat and overlooked many things; thus another update shipped unready. I feel terrible about the state of warframe. Besides the couple hours and days of content, there is no other fun to be had with warframe. Only to wait for the updates to get some enjoyment out of the game because there are often better things to do than play this game, which I feel if DE tried, then that wouldn’t be the case. I hope you change and see that the fatal flaws of this game and the Devs themselves. Just less tempered like I am. C:

33分钟前 , CoffeeSnake 说:

I have no issues with updates taking a long time. However DE takes so long yet each update feels like they put it together in a month. You play the new update and it’s over in either an hour or two days and has done nothing to improve the general quality / enjoyment of the game:it’s usually one or two items to add to your inventory with a 15 minute quest. I genuinely believe DE is not trying anymore.

Hmmm I understand your sentiment but........you cannot finish any syndicate in two days because of standing cap. I guess you mean two weeks.

And SP cascade is the most fun game mode they introduced recently.

edit: and perhaps you should ask yourself, do you enjoy playing this game (arsenals, builds, etc), or are you only interested in getting the rewards?

Adios.

Honestly, I'm glad DE has decided to plant its feet on harsher timegates.

And even I groaned as seeing that it would be a wait between Kahl missions and Archon Hunts.

However....

As someone who's played MMORPGs for years DE only has 2 directions in order to prevent the so called "Content Drought" folks who are unhappy like to scream at the top of their lungs about.

Either:

A. Add Daily Quests/Missions that give a tiny amount of standing/rewards.

B. Weekly Quests/Missions that give a healthy/moderate amount of standing/rewards.

The cons to Option A significantly outweigh Option B.

For example. Players like the OP and attention seeking Youtubers will say:

"These ___ missions are so repetitive!"

"These rewards aren't worth the effort."

"So I have to run these dailies everyday for 3 months to get everything in the store. This sucks."

Now...by going Option B. We get this thread essentially.

To add salt to the wound. If DE didn't timegate...these same players (like those who take weeks off work during expansions / launches of other games) would spend every waking moment grinding and have the content done in under a week then go back to screaming "Content Drought" for the next quarter. Essentially creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

I'm glad DE has given us something to work on/towards. Keeps us from burning ourselves out. 

That said. I do feel that Styanax and the weapons being locked behind the Kahl store might be alittle much. But the Stock reward for all the challenges IS pretty generous so...

6 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

Hmmm I understand your sentiment but........you cannot finish any syndicate in two days because of standing cap. I guess you mean two weeks.

And SP cascade is the most fun game mode they introduced recently.

When I said two days I mean two days, but honestly I should explain myself more. I really mean more so the amount of hours the content give you. So I guess I with the syndicates they forcefully spready a day or two worth of content over two weeks. Now while they spread that content over two weeks, there isnt much to do but wait until you can do more. I do not enjoy the mindless gameplay loop that Warframe is structured on.

Yes angels update did add some enjoyable modes.

48 minutes ago, CoffeeSnake said:

Why don't you find out how easy it is to make them in a month? Keep in mind they're still adding things between those updates and hoo boy, you think this is bad? Try destiny 2 with months to get something new and you have to pay $10 - $80 to have any semblance of content, and it's even shorter than what Warframe gives for free. 10 minutes of story then back to grinding for no purpose every 3 months.

Not to mention they remove things you paid to "make room for new content" 

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Zero_029 said:

Adios.

Honestly, I'm glad DE has decided to plant its feet on harsher timegates.

And even I groaned as seeing that it would be a wait between Kahl missions and Archon Hunts.

However....

As someone who's played MMORPGs for years DE only has 2 directions in order to prevent the so called "Content Drought" folks who are unhappy like to scream at the top of their lungs about.

Either:

A. Add Daily Quests/Missions that give a tiny amount of standing/rewards.

B. Weekly Quests/Missions that give a healthy/moderate amount of standing/rewards.

The cons to Option A significantly outweigh Option B.

For example. Players like the OP and attention seeking Youtubers will say:

"These ___ missions are so repetitive!"

"These rewards aren't worth the effort."

"So I have to run these dailies everyday for 3 months to get everything in the store. This sucks."

Now...by going Option B. We get this thread essentially.

To add salt to the wound. If DE didn't timegate...these same players (like those who take weeks off work during expansions / launches of other games) would spend every waking moment grinding and have the content done in under a week then go back to screaming "Content Drought" for the next quarter. Essentially creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

I'm glad DE has given us something to work on/towards. Keeps us from burning ourselves out. 

That said. I do feel that Styanax and the weapons being locked behind the Kahl store might be alittle much. But the Stock reward for all the challenges IS pretty generous so...

I do like the mix of the daily and weekly missions. The dailies are good for their rewards and I suppose what the Archon weekly's are supposed to be, they technically are rewarding as well. Though the boss fight is laughably bad and with all three missions, at most takes a hour. 

Going onto syndicates like kahls garrison. Time gated or not, it takes maybe an hour to do his mission to completion, then you wait a week to do the next. Lets say this update gave us ten hours of content, total. You play those ten hours, you get the warframe and the mods and items, you have them leveled and parts are built. There is still nothing to do with the rewards you get. m

Maybe I have just done everything this game has had to offer. Which is okay, until the long awaited updates arent fulfilling. Warframe doesnt have the enjoyable replicability like many other games seem to.

I again do not feel like DE is trying to fix their own game and are just layering updates on a poor foundation. Maybe they are not capable to fix the core issue with warframe and just have to roll with it. Showing what they have done in the past and then seeing this Archon fight was a major let down. I would have been 100 percent okay with this update if the Archon fights were actually good.

They can take their time, I'm not tied to this game and don't need constant things to do. When there's less or no new content, I hop on to do the Sortie and then move on to play other stuff instead. Or continue some of my other hobbies. Warframe doesn't need to be your life.

2 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Why don't you find out how easy it is to make them in a month? Keep in mind they're still adding things between those updates and hoo boy, you think this is bad? Try destiny 2 with months to get something new and you have to pay $10 - $80 to have any semblance of content, and it's even shorter than what Warframe gives for free. 10 minutes of story then back to grinding for no purpose every 3 months.

Not to mention they remove things you paid to "make room for new content" 

I mean I think Destiny 2 is a terrible game lol. I dont think it is fair to say warframe gives content for free. It sounds like they are working for free and are making this game in their spare time. If they are making 100 million dollars annually in revenue.... kinda hard to say they do not have the budget for it.

3 minutes ago, CoffeeSnake said:

I do like the mix of the daily and weekly missions. The dailies are good for their rewards and I suppose what the Archon weekly's are supposed to be, they technically are rewarding as well. Though the boss fight is laughably bad and with all three missions, at most takes a hour. 

Going onto syndicates like kahls garrison. Time gated or not, it takes maybe an hour to do his mission to completion, then you wait a week to do the next. Lets say this update gave us ten hours of content, total. You play those ten hours, you get the warframe and the mods and items, you have them leveled and parts are built. There is still nothing to do with the rewards you get. m

Maybe I have just done everything this game has had to offer. Which is okay, until the long awaited updates arent fulfilling. Warframe doesnt have the enjoyable replicability like many other games seem to.

I again do not feel like DE is trying to fix their own game and are just layering updates on a poor foundation. Maybe they are not capable to fix the core issue with warframe and just have to roll with it. Showing what they have done in the past and then seeing this Archon fight was a major let down. I would have been 100 percent okay with this update if the Archon fights were actually good.

I'm in the same boat in terms of doing everything.

MR30, All Research Dojo, All Prime Frames, Fully Maxed Railjack with a perfect Crew. 

Literally nothing for me beyond playing for casual fun and enjoying story content.

As I said before. The time gates are required to save players from themselves

That said, if you're that complete, then do what many do and play every other day, every 3 days or so, or spread out your weeklies so that you have a fun schedule.

And when you're not on Warframe work on your backlog of games (we all have one).

That's what I do.

Currently working of Tales of Vesperia and Aragami.

4 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

They can take their time, I'm not tied to this game and don't need constant things to do. When there's less or no new content, I hop on to do the Sortie and then move on to play other stuff instead. Or continue some of my other hobbies. Warframe doesn't need to be your life.

You don't think that is an issue ? 

Archived