The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Prime confirmed in Devstream 164 banner. Image with design:

p_silveira

Holy smudge. That looks awesome. This might be the first time I'm gonna farm a prime at release after a long while. Last frame I framed at release because of how cool they were was... Mesa? Can't tell. But damn this will be such a massive upgrade aesthetic wise. I wonder how Draugen would look on this.

9 hours ago, p_silveira said:

That is... VERY specific. What does that look like? Google search didn't help me much.

There's a number of variations but most tend to be pointed
https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/24003
Helmet, Steel, copper, brass, Turkish

I always figured the Warden's helmet to have appropriated the medieval Ottoman, Wallachian, or Moldavian style but Rev's helmet being influenced by the Eidolan's directly.
The Prime looks like that wasn't the case.

@TARINunit9 Warden is a title whereas warden is a function. To be one is to do the other.
I agree we don't know the original frame's name though so it's simpler to just call them The Warden in this case. 

16 hours ago, p_silveira said:

Revenant Prime got confirmed in Devstream 164 banner. Here's the banner edited for clearer brightness/contrast, showing the Prime's design:

Hide contents

gmduzmihbnq91.png

Personally, I'm a fan already.

He looks amazing. I'm happy to see he's still an eidolon and I am hoping they make the gaping hole in his belly much less noticable. 

Can't wait!

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Teralysts: have shields making them impervious to all damage. 

Revenant: has a shield making him impervious to all damage and the strongest tank frame in the game. 

I'm not too sure about your statement sir.

Don't try to reason with Gears about Rev, he won't hear it

21 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

What?

It's still based on charges. Fundamentally nothing about the ability got changed except for a buff that prevents eximus, certain bosses, Arbitration-invulnerable enemies, and Bolkor dropship autocannon from eating all of them in seconds. I can still do missions where I cast the ability only once and still have plenty of charges left by the time I reach extraction, now moreso than ever thanks to the 1 second invincibility on charge loss.

It’s still based on charges. But the 1 second grace period removes it more from the actual function of it being charge based and makes it more in line with a duration based ability.

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Teralysts: have shields making them impervious to all damage. 

Revenant: has a shield making him impervious to all damage and the strongest tank frame in the game. 

I'm not too sure about your statement sir.

But Eidolons shields are not depleted on a set number of hits.

Eidolons also do not have the ability to put enemies to sleep.

We’ve been over this.

14 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

It's gears, he's going to move the goal post in every direction possible.

Is that what you think I’m doing? Because from my experience we all just end up in a circular arguments of.

Revs vampire theme does not makes sense.

Yes it does because he’s undead and vampires are undead.

Not all undead are vampires, and Revenant was corrupted by things that are very much not vampires.

yeah well maybe he had those powers before he got corrupted.

So you’re admitting that his powers aren’t eidolon themed?

No, they are green. Therefor they’re eidolon powers.

Color doesn’t mean anything when the powers are mechanically dissimilar to Eidolons.

Maybe DE wanted to make a Vampire frame.

Ok but why would they use a theme that couldn’t be more far disconnected from Vampires to put vampire themed abilities on?

Because Eidolon is Greek or something for ghost, and ghosts are undead, and as stated before anything undead is a vampire.

Thats pretty much how every argument went. I moved no goal post when talking about his theme. I applied what knowledge we all have access to and basic common sense to deduce that Revenant has no business being vampire themed. That’s it.

12 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

you are speaking out of your behind, again

No, I think I’m just speaking too smartly to be comprehended properly.

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Because Eidolon is Greek or something for ghost, and ghosts are undead, and as stated before anything undead is a vampire.

Thats pretty much how every argument went. I moved no goal post when talking about his theme. I applied what knowledge we all have access to and basic common sense to deduce that Revenant has no business being vampire themed. That’s it.

Not going to assert you are shifting goalposts as I've personally found your conclusions over the years to be sound regarding Rev's theme but wrong-headed in regard to his value, function, and place.

I can understand your frustration, without sharing it, though as they promised an eidolan themed frame and gave us a hybrid instead. 
Personally, I like what they came up with but can see how someone who like the more monster oriented frames, could find it cheesy.

I'll credit you on this though... I don't see you lobbying to change Rev's theme or powers anymore and aren't necessarily bashing other players for the opinions they hold on Rev directly.

You are OK in my book dude.

I'm split. Kinda looks too similar to the normal version, just with less glowy bits. While I'd prefer no glowy bits at all since that would seperate it better from the OG story of the normal frame. Even if we stretch it far and say it was the prime that got corrupted, their armors are just too different in order to explain the normal Rev as a degraded "rotten" frame. It would however explain why the normal has an open oozing gut, spectral beard and a fully ethreal left arm. But still, ugh, it is a stretch.

Also looks like his prime helmet is based on his normal alternate helmet.

54 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Is that what you think I’m doing? Because from my experience we all just end up in a circular arguments of.

Not all undead are vampires, and Revenant was corrupted by things that are very much not vampires.

Color doesn’t mean anything when the powers are mechanically dissimilar to Eidolons.

Ok but why would they use a theme that couldn’t be more far disconnected from Vampires to put vampire themed abilities on?

"I don't move goal post"  *proceeds to move the the goal serveral times*

59 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Is it possible Revenant is both vampire themed and Sentient themed? In my mind, sure why not this is Warframe after all. 

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Is it possible Revenant is both vampire themed and Sentient themed? In my mind, sure why not this is Warframe after all. 

And even the concept of what the eidolons do to him could be considered sci-fi vampirism at it's finest. They feed on his "lifeforce" and he "feeds" on theirs, resulting in him turning. Cant really get much more vampiric than that in a wierd sci-fi space magic kind of way.

15 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

I have a werid head Canon that he was a Excalibur before getting corrupted by the eidolon energy. Details shared by both frames.

I thought that too. The warden frame could have been any warframe that received the task of protecting the Earth from the Eidolons. And Revenant is the Eidolon corrupted form of that frame. In a similar way that some Prime warframes were used to make the Archons (even though the Archons keep the warframe's body with no changes), or that some warframe parts were used to create Zanuka and perhaps the same way some warframes were used to create the Acolytes (if the Acolytes were created that way).

11 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Yes, it's possible. Many warframes have multiple themes :

Ash : scorpion and ninja.

Nyx : parasitic wasp and night goddess

Lavos : snake and alchemist

Garuda : vampire and mythical Garuda bird

Khora : beast master and spider

And many other frames.

Somethimes, the theme is too much general and gets some specific aspects on the skin and the abilities, as it happens with Banshee : sound themed frame, who is going to have some specific references to sound phenomena or sound myths : pistol shrimp, bat, mythical Banshee, the "skull moth" (Acherontia atropos), animal sonar...

I am not against topic of revenant but we will run in circles too. This prime looks nice but I understand why Gears feels differently on Revenant because he was advertised as a frame that not is what was advertised. This not means he is useless frame at least in my opinion it is a good warframe but the theme not fit to his abilities. Same when Wisp was released and they advertised as a ghost frame and basically her abilities not reflect this but I do not care about the slogan and accept what the developers make. They usually tend to grab 5-10 concept and tries to mixing it and the results can be anything.

This is nothing to do with function or how the frame performs it is about what the theme suggest and what the end result. At this point I would just let to comment on this subject because it is worth nothing to argue about themes or abilities simply because nobody can be pleased in the same time and some people will feel they were betrayed or just ignored with a frame when they expect something. 

Also Oberon is not a plant based frame nor Saryn is. We still not have a plant based frame which could be cc or support depends on what end of plant they wish to choose. I have also no problem with multiple frames in one theme simply because you can use a theme multiple ways and results. 

Back to the Revenant Prime my opinion it looks cool, not sure what the stats will be but in the devstream probably we will get some hints on it. I am more interested however what new changes will be added and maybe some hint about mrs wolf. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

It's exactly what Reb said on the devstream where they showed his abilities

She was really into Castlevania, Jojo, & vampires in general at that time, well, even more than now; Yes, Rev is Eidolon-Vampire themed

Archived