Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lua’s Prey: Hotfix 32.2.4

[DE]Megan

Known Issue:

• Bosses such as Sargas Ruk or Vay Hek do not take damage from single target weapons, only AOE weapons can damage the weak spots.

This should QUITE LITERALLY be TOP priority, it's one of the most game breaking bugs in the past multiple years, it literally puts new player progression TO AN ABSOLUTE HALT because they don't have easy access to any AOE weapons until much later AND would have no way of knowing that using AOE would fix this for them. 

I know that there aren't a ton of new Warframe players nowadays, but it is still incredibly game breaking to have a bug like this for any longer than a day or two. 

33 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Perigale sniper rifle can now trigger the Gale Force buff on headshot kills. It also still triggers if you get 4 non-lethal headshot hits in the same burst.

• This change was made from player feedback regarding the difficulty in activating Gale Force at low/moderate enemy levels due to enemies dying before you could hit them 4 times.

ZOMG.  I thought yall might make the buff easier to work with, but I was certain it would come with a nerf to the thing's damage output.  LOL, me. :P

Stress Wtf GIF

vor 31 Minuten schrieb [DE]Megan:

Voruna’s Ulfrun's Descent Changes:  

After one week of Lua’s Prey being in your hands and reading your feedback, we have a few changes to Voruna’s 4th ability, Ulfrun’s Descent. The majority of Voruna's feedback has been centered around this ability and its damage output, with the desire to make it feel more deadly. Below is our first take on bumping up the ferocity and opening up more synergy with her kit. We will continue to review Voruna's feedback - we have a few more things we’re experimenting with! 

• Added 20% Critical Chance and 1.5x Critical Damage. 

• Every kill increases Critical Chance by 5% and Critical Damage by 0.5x. 

• Shroud of Dynar’s Critical Damage buffs also now apply to Ulfrun’s Descent.

Can´t wait to test this changes and hope these are enough for SP ! 

just tried voruna's reworked four.  it sometimes wont kill properly with statuses from her two, it does almost kill but it stops at about one tick of health and then the status finishes off the target instead of the lunge so it stops her 4 for accumulating stacks.  when it DOES work it kinda shreds low level enemies as when you manage to kill a target hit with 2, it spreads the status from the 2 AND damage of her 4. but its so inconsistent id rather use a subsume for the time being.  if the consistency bug is fixed then i may use it but for now its not worth it.

would i would "like" to see would be a full walking and running animation of her on all four's (four legged) while her 4 is active, its so jarring seeing her stand up to move around and then insta crouch down, ruins the immersion of this being a "werewolf" frame.  another thing i'd reaaaly like to see would be her wolf heads floating around her in a pack formation while she's running around on all fours and maybe they each get a bite in the target when she does her lunge. maybe at reduced damage but keep the scaling cit buffs.  thanks for your time DE UwU

While the Voruna buff to her 4 is nice and all, it does nothing to address the main issue with the ability, which is that it doesn't synergize with the rest of her kit what so ever.

Killing with her 4 doesn't count as a melee kill, which means it doesn't activate her 1 buff, nor does it work with her 3 to drop health orbs.

On top of that, in order for the ability to be useful (and fun) it requires spamming which is both annoying, and extremely energy hungry. the energy hungry part wouldn't be that bad if it counted as a melee kill, because then you could get energy from her, but having to spam the ability button after every 5 attacks really ruins any sense of momentum or flow.

If the energy hungry nature of the ability is part of its balance that's fine, but at least make it so it cost energy per attack you make with it rather then having 5 charges that get used up. that way we don't have to spam the ability ever 3 seconds.

31 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  •  

• Shroud of Dynar’s Critical Damage buffs also now apply to Ulfrun’s Descent.

If I get this right, Shroud of Dynar applies Critical damage after we become visible (cast 1st, attack - becomes visible and get critical damage). To get Shroud of Dynar's critical damage buff do I have to:

1) Cast shroud of Dynar

2) attack with melee

3) Cast & attack with 4th

I'd really like to see a fix for:

If you get a chance. The secondary Energy color currently doesn't do anything for this Ephemera, and it'd be cool if we could get that hooked up to coloring the top set of tails. Then players could color both sets independently, and more to the point I could color the top set black and make them go away since they look weird.

5 minutes ago, quxier said:

If I get this right, Shroud of Dynar applies Critical damage after we become visible (cast 1st, attack - becomes visible and get critical damage). To get Shroud of Dynar's critical damage buff do I have to:

1) Cast shroud of Dynar

2) attack with melee

3) Cast & attack with 4th

Yeah, i was really hoping they would make voruna's 4 count to activate her 1 buff (Preferably even without breaking invisibility, because that would be interesting), but i guess not. 

Awesome!

Some bugs that I didn't see were mentioned though.

While using Aquablades augment, Surging Blades, enemies affected by Riptide won't build up damage, from the base ability or throwing the blades.

If you switch to operator while riding Yareli, there is a rare chance that Yareli will disappear, you become invulnerable, you cannot switch back to Yareli, and all mission rewards gained before the bug happened are deleted including affinity. I do not know how to reproduce this bug, but for some reason I see it occuring often when switching to your operator to destroy the ethereal form of the new Lua Thrax enemies.

As for feedback,

The buffs to her 4rth are great, but perhaps instead of limiting it to 5 hits, maybe make it work like Ivara's Artemis Bow, costing energy every time you attack. Of course then the damage buff should be limited to maybe 10-15x, but this will allow it to be able to sustain its usefulness. Additionally kills with it should count as melee kills allowing it to activate her 3rd ability to create health orbs. Finally (unless I am wrong) Ulfrun's Descent only gets its damage buff from kills directly from it's damage and not from the slash proc it is guaranteed to apply. Perhaps make it so that the slash proc counts towards the damage bonus?

Edit: Also it would be great if she also had a walking/running animations on all 4's for her 4rth ability. Seeing her ready to pounce and then suddenly just standing up to walk around looks a bit awkward, to say the least.

21 minutes ago, Turboameeba said:

Tenet Ferrox is still broken and bad.. Where's the fix for that?

What makes you think that?

It is a strong, single target option that feels very satisfying to use, not to mention it has a solid grouping ability allowing for easy headshots.

With a proper galvanized build, only requiring 1 forma, this weapon can deal over 300,000 damage slash to targets, one-shotting all but the tankiest targets the game has to offer.

4 minutes ago, Sir.X said:

Every kill increases Critical Chance by 5% and Critical Damage by 0.5x.

What are the limits on this? Does this reset on cast, death, etc etc?

Just like the damage buff, it resets when the 5 charges are used up. It really isn't that good, like at all

8 minutes ago, Sir.X said:

Every kill increases Critical Chance by 5% and Critical Damage by 0.5x.

What are the limits on this? Does this reset on cast, death, etc etc?

One thing I can say for certain with the new update to her 4th ability: 

- Stat sticks do not increase these at all.
- This will solely be based off of your kills with her 4 within your 5 charges. 

And currently her 1 cannot be popped when running around using her 4, you have to manually melee to get it first, which is pretty lackluster and doesn't play to her kit. 

55 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changes: 

• The Perigale sniper rifle can now trigger the Gale Force buff on headshot kills. It also still triggers if you get 4 non-lethal headshot hits in the same burst.

• This change was made from player feedback regarding the difficulty in activating Gale Force at low/moderate enemy levels due to enemies dying before you could hit them 4 times.

Sweet

1 hour ago, Merrcenary said:

still haven't added new Arcanes as drops from lua thrax enemies😒

These are definitely dropping. 

Just low drop rates, like usual with newly added arcanes.

Got a few Arcane Blessing's the other night when farming SP Circulus, as they are rotation C rewards. 

Picked up the rest for Lua Thrax plasm at Yonta's shop to make it an R5. 

11 минут назад, Turboameeba сказал:

Uhmm they do drop tho?

the only source according to the drop list is a survival on the lua
there is also nothing on the wiki regarding it dropping from the lua thrax's

You're sure you're not confusing anything, are you? maybe you have ss or video?

6 minutes ago, Do_High_Go said:

Have not tested yet, but I hope it is actually fixed so - Thank You for fixing it ^^

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Nekros’ Terrify 100% Armor Reduction not working on Eximus in Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. 

Can confirm, does work on them now!!

At or over the 170% Strength threshold, and you'll be fine. 

Voruna buffs are nice but she still has some fundamental issues, primarily with Ulfrin's Descent. The animations are very awkward, going from being on all fours to being bipedal with normal running and walking animations. She really needs some unique movement animation for this ability.

I really think Ulfrin's Descent should be more similar to Ash's Bladestorm several ways, first of which being that the power would scale damage wise much better with Finisher damage that dealt Bleed as a result. Naturally the base damage would need a tad nerf for this, but it would naturally scale significantly better and would match Voruna being an Apex Predator. The energy economy I think needs to be similar to Bladestorm as well, in that the power drains energy whenever you attack a target rather than draining the entire energy cost upon activation. This would allow better synergy with her other abilities too.

The last issue with Ulfrin's Descent seems to be a bug, at least I hope it is, which would be how the damage bonus given upon killing an enemy with one of the charges is not given if the target dies from the resulting Bleed status. The buff is only given if the target dies from the initial attack which neuters (forgive the pun) the ability to accumulate damage as intended.

As for other miscellaneous issues, Voruna could really do with an armor buff. Decent base armor is very much needed for health tanks, and 150 base is simply not enough. I think somewhere in the range of 350 or so would be better. Also, the duration of the melee buff from Shroud of Dynar does not seem to increase per melee kill as described. Either that, or it caps at roughly 11 seconds then stops gaining stacks until the next cast. Not exactly helpful in current state.

Archived