Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Revenant might just become the best Support Frame...

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

Revenant Augument info

So apparently Revenant is getting a new augument that will make mesmer skin be applied onto allies (you can do this right now but it's only 1 stack). This means that allies will basically become immune to dying for a few seconds, which will be very powerful in certain mission types, such as Arbitrations, Archon hunts, and Endurance runs, along with possibly breaking defense, mobile defense, and sortie defense missions. This will be very useful against toxin damage, which can bypass mesmer skin, but cannot kill the player unless mesmer skin runs out, meaning that  you will be able to survive toxin damage indefinitely until other sources of damage deplete your mesmer skin. 

Also it gives Revenant more power strength to cast even more mesmer skin stacks...

So uh... that was unexpected...

1 hour ago, Pizzarugi said:

As a Revenant main, this worries me. The more DE pumps him up, the more likely they're going to nerf him.

Screen_Shot_2018-03-30_at_11.34.27_AM.jp

This.  I still remember what happened to ranged weapons -- they were buffed with arcanes and galvanized mods for a year, before getting slapped with the ammo nerf.  Really makes me suspect a harder nerf for Revenant is coming down the line...

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

I think it's kinda sad that Mesmer Skin is a team ability before stuff like Xata's Whisper.

Number of affected enemies that Xata helps has been reduced recently. Mostly exinus abilities don't care about void proc. In addition you are making headshot harder so for teammates it's similar case as Limbo (not that extreme). On other hand Mesmer skin just works on more enemies.

I'm using it with Xaku on not ridiculous content (e.g. Archon hunt). It works fine solo.

18 minutes ago, p_silveira said:

Oh, so the mesmer skin charges will work on defense objectives as well? I thought they meant nearby players and companions. 

Right now you can cast Mesmer skin on defense objectives (but only 1 charge). I'm assuming the augment will apply Mesmer skin to any nearby ally in range including said objectives. 

Even if it doesn't it should still affect sortie defense npcs.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Right now you can cast Mesmer skin on defense objectives (but only 1 charge). I'm assuming the augment will apply Mesmer skin to any nearby ally in range including said objectives. 

Even if it doesn't it should still affect sortie defense npcs.

Now that's cool. Probably broken as hell, but cool lmao.

I think it is already possible to chain harrow convents if you want long invuln uptime.

Don't know how clunky the augment will be. If it will be shared stacks or targeted cast like spellbind. This will probably be what holds back the augments from top of the line good. There is also other methods of support beyond just granting invulnerability.

There are already ways to do a lot of the things you are suggesting or even the fact you can't do them. Defense is still going to have a defense cap the target can take and CCage exists for easy lazy gameplay there.

2 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

As a Revenant main, this worries me. The more DE pumps him up, the more likely they're going to nerf him.

I don't know: Voruna for example already did  exceedingly well in both SP mission and on Archon Hunts before her buffs, yet DE keeps giving her more and more buffs over time.

I don't think it's that big of a deal? Other players bring their own survival plan, if they don't then maybe it will help but otherwise we have had amazing support like Trinity and Harrow for years, and they're basically extinct. Nobody really needs a defense focus unless they were already not ready for the mission they're doing.

On the other hand if it works on defense objects, Revenant is going to get nerfed into the dirt later lol

43 minutes ago, AbyssalSerpent said:

I don't know: Voruna for example already did  exceedingly well in both SP mission and on Archon Hunts before her buffs, yet DE keeps giving her more and more buffs over time.

Far as I understand, Voruna doesn't have a defense skill that makes her literally immune to dying so long as she has the buff active, an ability that can 1shot anything enthralled by her, or a press-4-to-win gimmick. Voruna may do well in SP missions and Archon Hunts, but Revenant can scale infinitely to max enemy level without any effort.

Giving him an augment that also makes allies into unkillable tanks is just going to make him OP. Not to mention that it makes Trinity more redundant as a team support frame.

5 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

He's fine as he is and I'm not sure why they're buffing him again. I honestly hope they scrap this idea of adding mesmer stacks to allies as it's just unnecessary, maybe they add an augment for his 4 instead or something something for Enthrall e.g. you can either Enthrall as usual or using the augment mod killing a certain amount of Enthralled targets causes summons three Eidolon Vomvalysts that buff his melee damage temporarily.

8 minutes ago, Almxce said:

He's fine as he is and I'm not sure why they're buffing him again. I honestly hope they scrap this idea of adding mesmer stacks to allies as it's just unnecessary, maybe they add an augment for his 4 instead or something something for Enthrall e.g. you can either Enthrall as usual or using the augment mod killing a certain amount of Enthralled targets causes summons three Eidolon Vomvalysts that buff his melee damage temporarily.

Honestly the only thing Revenant lacks is damage buffing, which I can get from his 1st augment or from helminth.

6 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

100% this. Rev's getting a lot of hate on the forums right now and this would genuinely make him way too powerful.
I dont want to see him get nerfed but DE rarely ever backpedals on mistakes they make (In fact I've only ever seen them do this one single time. With the ridiculous bubonico ammo nerf) so if they add this and realize they've made a terrible mistake. They'll "fix" it by nerfing mesmer skin instead of the incredibly obviously broken op augment they created.

I'm so sick of DE making obviously terrible balance decisions that the playerbase can see from a mile away and warns them not to do, but they do it anyways and then punish the playerbase for their mistake by nerfing something else into oblivion to "balance" the thing they screwed up instead of just un-screwing it. Because they are chronically incapable of admitting how many terrible decisions they make. It happens so painfully often.

47 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

100% this. Rev's getting a lot of hate on the forums right now and this would genuinely make him way too powerful.
I dont want to see him get nerfed but DE rarely ever backpedals on mistakes they make (In fact I've only ever seen them do this one single time. With the ridiculous bubonico ammo nerf) so if they add this and realize they've made a terrible mistake. They'll "fix" it by nerfing mesmer skin instead of the incredibly obviously broken op augment they created.

I'm so sick of DE making obviously terrible balance decisions that the playerbase can see from a mile away and warns them not to do, but they do it anyways and then punish the playerbase for their mistake by nerfing something else into oblivion to "balance" the thing they screwed up instead of just un-screwing it. Because they are chronically incapable of admitting how many terrible decisions they make. It happens so painfully often.

Luckily for me, I'm working towards getting a functional Last Gasp Unairu build so I can jump ship for Gauss (along with Garuda and Hildryn) when that happens. 

Seriously tho, the only things Revenant has over other frames is that he can tank toxin damage easily and that he scales at tanking indefinitely, both of which can be implemented on other frames via operator.

7 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

I just want to know how exactly you're supposed to manage all of your teammates' Mesmer Skins. How do you know when someone's MS runs out, when to recast it, and paying attention to that in the middle of a shootout

you dont mostly, rev players already have a method to give a stack to other players by reaving through them but it never really happens.

And casting the skin removes all stack for a few moments during recast, so its unlikely rev player will risk it unless their running low themselves.

2 hours ago, Pakaku said:

I just want to know how exactly you're supposed to manage all of your teammates' Mesmer Skins. How do you know when someone's MS runs out, when to recast it, and paying attention to that in the middle of a shootout

right now if u reave through a teammate with MS active you will grant them a single stack of MS. an icon will appear next to their names showing that they have a stack. 

I'm guessing it'll be the same w/ augment. but with a counter

Archived