Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auto-login, WHEN ?

SugarShow

On 3/5/2023 at 8:58 AM, SugarShow said:

why must I login each time for play warframe? is auto-login technology that hard to add?

so you want a system that automatically logs you in an claims your login reward
which is quite impossible due to not every time you have a single login reward option as there are times when you get pick between 3 options.

But overall no there will no be a auto login an stop being lazy about it

• Like 3

The fact that the window loses focus while still appearing on top if you alt tab during loading has caused me to type my password into discord by accident multiple times. So far I've managed to catch myself before hitting enter but that forced login screen is a ticking infosec timebomb in my case. Doubt it ever gets fixed though, would be kind of miraculous after all these years

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

which is quite impossible due to not every time you have a single login reward option as there are times when you get pick between 3 options.

you know what auto loging means?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

It just means you don't need to type your PW every time you log in. Which is IMO quite reasonable if my account is already linked to Steam for example. You play on Xbox which is probably why you don't get it.

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

Hey my guy, PC has it different from us.  They have to enter their login info every time they play.  I know, because I've seen people complaining about it (rightly so) for years now.  Imagine if they made you type in a password every time you went to play the game, rather than just hitting A.  You'd be in here with OP, with the same complaints.  I know I would.

I mean, I don't even want to have to hit A or go through any of those screens.  Put me directly into my orbiter/login reward claim screen.  So I feel for OP.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lilybun said:

The fact that the window loses focus while still appearing on top if you alt tab during loading has caused me to type my password into discord by accident multiple times. So far I've managed to catch myself before hitting enter but that forced login screen is a ticking infosec timebomb in my case. Doubt it ever gets fixed though, would be kind of miraculous after all these years

Oh my god I have this issue to it's so infuriating. I've made it a habit of never hitting enter anymore and actually clicking on the login button to keep that from happening

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

It's also annoying if the game crashes from new content and you stream. Yes they star out the email however, there is still that Em**********il@domain.com that is visible. Plus the length of your password. Not every time you will remember to hide the game from stream to log in.

Alert the player this decrease the security as anyone using the pc can auto login if you want. But for those of us who never have anyone else on our machines we should be able to just log right in.

---

Yeah its a Necro but would you rather yet another thread and potentially needing to merge threads?

• Like 4

Ooh, a two-month nekro...

Right, this came up before; if anything DE want the opposite.

Consoles are slightly more secure than PCs because they can guarantee the level of security. Even if they can be hacked, they know exactly how much security a console has and how likely it is for accounts to be abused by people that are not the account holder.

PC, on the other hand, is notoriously not reliable like that. There are people, believe it or not, that don't even know what an anti-virus is or why they need one. So they want there to be an absolute minimum of security on people's accounts. This means, yes, putting in your password every time you log in, and even having your e-mail address partially obscured by default so that somebody can't just guess the whole thing to do a password reset.

If DE could enforce more stringent security on both Console and PC, they would.

So no, no chance of an auto-login on PC. Not happening, my friend.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Ooh, a two-month nekro...

Right, this came up before; if anything DE want the opposite.

Consoles are slightly more secure than PCs because they can guarantee the level of security. Even if they can be hacked, they know exactly how much security a console has and how likely it is for accounts to be abused by people that are not the account holder.

PC, on the other hand, is notoriously not reliable like that. There are people, believe it or not, that don't even know what an anti-virus is or why they need one. So they want there to be an absolute minimum of security on people's accounts. This means, yes, putting in your password every time you log in, and even having your e-mail address partially obscured by default so that somebody can't just guess the whole thing to do a password reset.

If DE could enforce more stringent security on both Console and PC, they would.

So no, no chance of an auto-login on PC. Not happening, my friend.

If someone is being 'hacked', their email would likely be compromised before their Warframe account, and having access to an email account grants automatic access to every account that the email is tied to. There is zero justification for no automatic logging in.

Also, a lot of 'hacks' for games aren't even that, it's people sharing their account information under the assumption their 'friend' won't steal their stuff, or people involved in RMT.

The other thing too is, as pointed out above the client loses focus, which happens even without alt tab, and you can easily type your password elsewhere unintentionally. More than half the time I'm logging into Warframe I'm not even typing my password into the game itself.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Yamazuki said:

If someone is being 'hacked', their email would likely be compromised before their Warframe account, and having access to an email account grants automatic access to every account that the email is tied to. There is zero justification for no automatic logging in.

Also, a lot of 'hacks' for games aren't even that, it's people sharing their account information under the assumption their 'friend' won't steal their stuff, or people involved in RMT.

The other thing too is, as pointed out above the client loses focus, which happens even without alt tab, and you can easily type your password elsewhere unintentionally. More than half the time I'm logging into Warframe I'm not even typing my password into the game itself.

right-ikr.gif

Some applications send serial numbers on your cell phone to verify your identification.

Edited by Sporthand
  • Like 1

On 2023-03-08 at 5:31 AM, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

I'll admit, that was what I understood as well when first reading. And I do play on pc as well.

But yeah, auto-password input plz.

On 2023-05-12 at 4:50 AM, Yamazuki said:

If someone is being 'hacked', their email would likely be compromised before their Warframe account

Hey, I'm not the excuse guy, I'm the guy reporting DE's excuse.

I'm not the one that has to come up with a better reason; it came up, it was addressed, and they don't want auto-login.

You're like the guy telling the TV that the news is wrong.

On 2023-05-11 at 1:24 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

So they want there to be an absolute minimum of security on people's accounts.

Well they got this handy phone app they could use as a 2FA. "Please confirm login" More cumbersome but at least I'm not typing/copying a password on pc.

• Like 1

Take a look on battle.net app, not storing initial credentials locally, getting a auth token, saving token locally, which is passed to a game, which uses this token to identify user associated with it and auto-login him. As was said before - this is trivial and almost no caveats possible with implementation, because it's used for years already by multitude of games/services/etc.

Token also has lifetime associated, so while it's still valid but soon to expire, server provides new token. This way the only time credentials are exposed - is when you type those into login form of battle.net app.

But DE priorites aren't your gameplay/QOL, it's money first.

So.... join the resistance :D

Edited by BeergeekTV
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...

I know I'm necroing an old thread, but this is genuinely the only thing about the game right now that I think is actually unacceptable, it's been ten years. My Steam account is hard linked to my Warframe account, the Steamworks API has ways to securely verify app ownership etc,. There is literally zero reason I should have to log in every time I launch the game through Steam.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

Isn't it that way because people might have multiple accounts? As long as they don't interact, you can have more than one account.

doubtful. You still have to change the email adress to your other account, and its not hard to logout once logged in automatically. I think DE (at least) discourages multiple accounts too.