Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Larkspur Prime is about the same as Larkspur

VibingCat

The new prime weapon has almost all the same stats as its original version, except for a minimal buff on crits. Then, if we take into account its 0.5 riven disposition, Larkspur Prime is incredibly weaker than Larkspur. The same thing happened a few months ago with Phantasma Prime, another disappointment in my humble opinion. 

I think this weapon has great potential but the damage is underwhelming, in fact it's one of the least popular archguns. I hope it gets buffed for real, or there will be fairly-better options in players' arsenal.

• Like 17

I don't understand why they did this. I love this weapon but I will never use it, there is no point even secondary weapons are stronger (don't talk to me about using it on archwing, nobody care about archwing). The only thing prime on this Larkspur is the look.

Edited by Veisper
  • Like 9

Il y a 5 heures, LittleLeonie a dit :

people either want powercreep or are disappointed these days 🤷‍♀️

Can't make anyone happy...

This has nothing to do with powercreep. Archwing's weapons have massive usage restriction but can't even compete with primary weapons. It would make sense if they where stronger but it is not the case and releasing a prime version with no damage boost when the base weapon damage are already very underwelming only show they doesn't care.

Edited by Veisper
  • Like 12

il y a 8 minutes, LittleLeonie a dit :

Because things like Galvanized Mods and Primary Arcanes exist. Stats wouldn't fix that.

So why limit them with special ammo and couldown? That doesn't make sense. If they have this limitations they should be way stonger.

Edited by Veisper
  • Like 6

Charge attack has double the fire rate, so that's theoretically twice the DPS on the charge attack minus actual charging time, which didn't get improved. Not sure how big of a difference that feels like, but it was a huge problem I had with the original from a QoL perspective.

Otherwise yes, most of the stats are just tiny buffs. Beam attack is pretty much the same as the regular. Pretty disappointing on top of an already disappointing prime pack. At least I won't feel like I'm missing out on anything, but I feel really sorry for people who pay money for it.

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 3

il y a une heure, Pakaku a dit :

Charge attack has double the fire rate, so that's theoretically twice the DPS on the charge attack minus actual charging time, which didn't get improved. Not sure how big of a difference that feels like, but it was a huge problem I had with the original from a QoL perspective.

It change nothing because you still have the recovery animation.

• Like 5

There isn't any risk in doubling this weapon's base damage, given that archwing mods are still weak to this day. So why not? Am I asking for too much? Will there be people choosing a clumsy Larkspur Prime over Kuva Nukor? I really don't think so.

• Like 5

Yeah I found OG Larkspur disappointing on mech/foot.  That was so long ago though.   It feels like Lark Prime has a little better range??  I used it while farming standing in Cetus last night and it was pretty decent.  

My thing is AW weapons should all get bumped to Lv40, get some more mod slots and potentially have all their mods reworked and added onto.  Wheres the exilus slot?  Wheres the AW adapters/arcanes.  

Clip/Ammo size on Lark Prime is atrocious.. 

--------

AW guns are for ripping apart beefier enemies.   If you use it on foot troops it should rip them a new one.   AW guns should have a special damage multiplier versus regular enemies.  Then the limited ammo and cooldown timers would actually make sense.  

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Larkspur always was a garbage because it’s starus archwing gun. Crit guns like Mausolon or Gratler, can at least compensate tiny damage with crits (Or Necromech weapons line can compensate poor stats with insane alt fire). Status is worthless if you can’t utilize it with galvanized/condition mods, especially if you don’t have corrosion/viral base damage. Even cycron fire stacks shredding solely because of crits. 

And Larkspur is totally useless against Profit Taker/Eidolons, where y might use other Archguns sometimes.

• Like 1

En 16/3/2023 a las 17:13, VibingCat dijo:

The new prime weapon has almost all the same stats as its original version, except for a minimal buff on crits. Then, if we take into account its 0.5 riven disposition, Larkspur Prime is incredibly weaker than Larkspur. The same thing happened a few months ago with Phantasma Prime, another disappointment in my humble opinion. 

I think this weapon has great potential but the damage is underwhelming, in fact it's one of the least popular archguns. I hope it gets buffed for real, or there will be fairly-better options in players' arsenal.

Some time ago I post a feedback idea of how can we resolve one of the problems these new primes have: the 0.5 dispo rule for new weapons. You can check it on the post The Riven Calculator Protocol, in feedback-general.

Then you can leave a comment and let me know if you think it could work

• Like 1

I wasn't here when Archwing was introduced but when Archguns were introduced to me as a part of the Profit Taker questline, I believe the NPCs said they can damage Profit Taker because they're designed to penetrate space ship hulls, which normal weapons can't do.

That basically tells me Archguns are THE most powerful weapons in my Arsenal. Instead, they struggle to kill basic enemies and are completely useless against things one would think are specifically designed to be fought with them, like Tusk Thumpers, Ropalolyst, or Eidolons.

Their mods sucks. They don't have Exilus. They don't have Arcanes. They ignore several Warframe ability buffs. They get stopped by enemy abilities (I really don't care the boss entered an invincibility phase, a weapon designed to destroy space ships has no business being unable to kill a tin can such is Vey Hek, and similar).

Honestly, DE should have kept them Open World limited to deal with the like of Orb Mothers and Tusk Thumpers.

As for the Prime weapons discussion. A Prime should always be significantly better than the normal version and/or have new features.

Edited by (PSN)Sentiel
  • Like 11

I just think that Larkspur Prime is just unfunny joke for April 1 that was added to early and kept too long in the game.

Now, Hildryn's Prime Access shows in how awful situation are Archguns, Companions and potential future Prime Accesses.

Edited by trombocyc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, trombocyc said:

I just think that Larkspur Prime is just unfunny joke for April 1 that was added to early and kept too long in the game.

Now, Hildryn's Prime Access shows in how awful situation are Archguns, Companions and potential future Prime Accesses.

You're right but by the time Wisp Prime will release, nobody will care anymore. This happened with Phantasma Prime and DE never did anything.

• Like 1

The best thing I can say about Larkspur Prime is that it looks pretty badass, and that the beam animation and explosions are just as ridiculous and over the top as I hoped. The hilariously over the top explosion from the alt fire visually being MUCH larger than the actual damage radius was both disappointing and kinda symbolic of my issues with the weapon as a whole. 

The massive linking distance between enemies makes it a surprisingly effective choice in Archwing missions when cutting down groups of fighters... but, you know, so was the base Larkspur.

• Like 1

add unique abilities or stance mods for each weapon and we have truly unique weapons in game.

For example the Dual Toxocyst has "Frenzy Skill" which triggers on loadout 150% fire rate for pistols for 3 seconds which affects table pistols and remains active as long as pacemakes are active. now imagine weapons that increase skill casting or trigger modifiers like headshots or roll wm headshot and no roll, shield increase, etc...

53 minutes ago, Famecans said:

add unique abilities or stance mods for each weapon and we have truly unique weapons in game.

For example the Dual Toxocyst has "Frenzy Skill" which triggers on loadout 150% fire rate for pistols for 3 seconds which affects table pistols and remains active as long as pacemakes are active. now imagine weapons that increase skill casting or trigger modifiers like headshots or roll wm headshot and no roll, shield increase, etc...

I'm honestly expecting this to be a part of the Incarnon Adapters to differentiate them from the Zariman weapons.

• 3 weeks later...

Archguns will never make sense, and it doesn't matter what anyone says, they're never going to.  They are, per the in-game lore, literally made for punching through the hull of a capital ship.  That's why you need them to take down Profit Taker.  Yet they're weaker than any normal weapons, and slower at taking down fighters in RJ, and deal almost no damage to even crew ships, much less galleons and pillars.  They are completely busted in terms of what they're supposed to do, based on the lore.  But DE doesn't want to rework RJ or archwing, so they're going to stay as is.  I'd put money on that.  And DE will never acknowledge these discrepancies with anything other than some snarky, flippant response.  There will never be a serious, actual, satisfying answer.  Much less a fix.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I was looking at my arsenal and I had forgotten that I had this weapon...I compared the stats and it really isn't worth putting shapes. I'll stick with my original. It's rather embarrassing for someone who bought this package and received this....

• Like 1