Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuck in Earth Cervantes (caches) - Please Help

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

Using Loki Prime and a dog

Loot Detector max

Animal Instinct max

Enemy Sense max

I've run the map back and forth three times and only found two resource caches. There are no more little white boxes on the map anywhere.

I e even done the silver grove.

I've cast my cataclysm randomly. The map is clean. Currently paused hoping someone can tell me what I'm missing? I did verify on second cache the cache showed up as a white box. So that's working.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

-Snip-

You doing Cache missions on Earth for Nightwave or for some SolarRail objective?

I usually suggest people doing Sabotage in Grineer Galleon missions to hunt for the Caches as they tend to have less verticality and branches, also, most rooms and corridors are very tight which makes seeking out or hearing the Caches easier.

I have managed to find all 3 Caches in less than 50 sec in a Grineer Galleon mission when playing with a friend.

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

You doing Cache missions on Earth for Nightwave or for some SolarRail objective?

I usually suggest people doing Sabotage in Grineer Galleon missions to hunt for the Caches as they tend to have less verticality and branches, also, most rooms and corridors are very tight which makes seeking out or hearing the Caches easier.

I have managed to find all 3 Caches in less than 50 sec in a Grineer Galleon mission when playing with a friend.

Less than 1 minute to find all 3 caches is impressive, it takes me that long to load into the map :) I have always done Earth as I know all the spawn locations so its a easy run through most times, but i think i will try your method to see if its better, any node specific you prefer?

The Earth missions can also have a cache that's high up in the room with the slides in it. The big open room with the circular pads and the chasm on one side can have it up in the ceiling by the highest exit. There's a tricky spot in the ceiling in the big circular room with hole in the middle. I think I've found a cache in one of the side rooms off the cave exit as well before.

Note that all these locations can also spawn syndicate medallions and rare/reinforced/forgotten Grineer containers.
Also fragments of cephalon, somachord and frame fighter.

So for anyobody still looking for these, pay attention to the hidden rooms mentioned above.

Does anyone know if Golden Instinct / Orokin Eye?? work on secret caches??    I guess that wouldnt help newbs as both are hard to get.   But asking for a friend.... lmao.   

Nah I kick ass at finding caches thanx to epitaph.  

==============

I wanted to say that someone else using Orokin Eye made me find a little secret cubby hole I have walked past countless times over the past 8+ years lol.    Orokin Eye I think is the air support ability from Parallax ship from Zarimon ??  I Know it shows faction medallions and kuria.

4 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Galleon? Not sure what that is. Yeah the NW event. Challenge complete now. I did the corpus Venus ship tileset and it took only 9m without loot Detector lol but I wanted to learn where these were hiding 

8 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Does anyone know if Golden Instinct / Orokin Eye?? work on secret caches??    I guess that wouldnt help newbs as both are hard to get.   But asking for a friend.... lmao.   

Nah I kick ass at finding caches thanx to epitaph.  

==============

I wanted to say that someone else using Orokin Eye made me find a little secret cubby hole I have walked past countless times over the past 8+ years lol.    Orokin Eye I think is the air support ability from Parallax ship from Zarimon ??  I Know it shows faction medallions and kuria.

No it doesn't work on normal caches that'd be too easy. :tongue:

Though it does work on those special glowing chiming sound caches.

21 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I wanted to say that someone else using Orokin Eye made me find a little secret cubby hole I have walked past countless times over the past 8+ years lol

It wasn't via Orokin Eye, but there was a hidden ceiling spot in one of the twisty tram rooms in grineer asteroids that I found after having played for about 4 years. Now I know where that 8th medallion probably was on most of those runs that I kept missing up to that point.

2 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

It wasn't via Orokin Eye, but there was a hidden ceiling spot in one of the twisty tram rooms in grineer asteroids that I found after having played for about 4 years. Now I know where that 8th medallion probably was on most of those runs that I kept missing up to that point.

Please share a screenshot 

Hey, here's a fun thing the game never tells you anywhere:  All radar goes out horizontally as far as is listed on the mod card, and all of it even stacks, so you can have well over a hundred meters of loot radar.  But vertically, the range is capped at 12m for zero discernable reason, and it will never tell you this.  That means there's all sorts of hidden areas that have loot in them that you can't see on radar unless you're at the right elevation.  Which means you need to know all these map tiles like the back of your hand, and have all the cache spawn points memorized if you want to find them quickly.

Lucky for you, there's a second fun fact:  All caches, syndicate medallions, sculptures, rare containers and scannables share spawn points, and those spawn points are not shared with regular containers.  If you run enough syndicate missions and find enough caches, pretty soon you'll be able to tell if there's something worth making a detour for, just by looking at the map.  

On 2023-04-12 at 7:45 AM, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I did the corpus Venus ship tileset and it took only 9m without loot Detector lol but I wanted to learn where these were hiding 

Yep. This is my go to sabotage chace. Always spawn on the same hidden room (where the solaris were capture) and the last one always near the extract point. Another one in corpus Mars ship. Low level enemy, just use cataclysm and all room clear (except eximus but they're low level too)

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Any other ideas??? Ugh...should the box appear on the max with maxed mods across the board?

All the loot detector options have a very limited vertical range, which can't be changed (and this can often be very annoying, especially on the tiles with lots of vertical areas). So, unfortunately, it's hard to be sure you've covered all the possible points just using mods.

You might miss some because they are above or below the regular tile floor. For example in the tile that contains the toxin mixer that you have to protect a cache can spawn on top of the building and in a separate room in a giant pipe above that you can either reach by bullet jumping or by using a wire that connects it to the main building.

14 minutes ago, SirKnum said:

For example in the tile that contains the toxin mixer that you have to protect a cache can spawn on top of the building and in a separate room in a giant pipe above that you can either reach by bullet jumping or by using a wire that connects it to the main building

I've been looking for wires. I'm currently in that area looking, void slinging, bullet jumping to all the high places and nothing is appearing on the mini map. I don't even see the wire you're describing. Is that room always there? With or without the cache?

3 minutes ago, SirKnum said:

The room is always there

Hmm there's no wire and no room. I've been trying to find something up too on the entire tileset. I can get up on some tree branches but no room. There's an invisible ceiling. Also checked locked room between the two hydro props.

Any other ideas??? Ugh...should the box appear on the max with maxed mods across the board?

Archived