Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It takes almost half a year to collect all the incarnon adapters- Timegated FOMO is the wrong direction for WF

Kaiga

Reading and seeing other games, this is just a Xur in disguise with Gjallarhorn. Getting all weapons in one or too weeks throws away fun if these weapons spectacularly powerful. Choosing from a rack of weapons seems like a good idea since the player prioritize which ones. 

OP weapons is a good incentive for those who enjoy smacking high level enemies. . 

DE may solve this in two simple gestures that takes zero complications. 

a. Let people decide which weapons he want in that week since all of them are viable. 

b. Let players have the choice to randomize his selection of frame and weapons or he settles up his frames and weapons for that task. 

I know that DE can't produce much material lately since they are caught up on Soulframe. But some quality of life and choices may make things enjoyable for everybody. Choices never hurts. 

17 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

I don't consider it FOMO if it comes back around every 5 weeks.

Yeah, I'd consider it FOBBO. "Fear of being behind others" which doesn't have any competitive advantage so I don't think it's even that big of a deal in Warframe. 

4 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

Yeah, I'd consider it FOBBO. "Fear of being behind others" which doesn't have any competitive advantage so I don't think it's even that big of a deal in Warframe. 

Agree with you here.

Are the new incarnon weapons fun?  Sure.
Are they powerful?  Definitely.
Are they be the BiS?  That can be debated quite heavily as I don't think they are BiS.

People are just worried about "falling behind" when that doesn't really mean anything.....especially if you really consider that unless you've been here since day 1 doing everything you're always going to be behind other players.

I never considered FOBBO or FOMO. The availability of these weapons is cyclic. Besides DE should struggle more with the the production of new material. DE is going to overextend for such compensations. Things are going to be like this from now on. 

Besides these "Xur" like weapons rewards the farm and the wait. They do change the battlefield making accessible the demolish of high level wave enemies. It's a good trade. The player trades time for a good tool. 

Besides Latron and Strun sucks MONUMENTAL ASS as weapons by themselves. I always considered them throwaways. Even their model of the weapon is horrid. I know that incarnon weapons are great but for those models. I'll skip them, tbh. 

Let's think logically here for a minute. A good chunk of Warframe players have in the past complained that they have nothing to do. A new update comes out, they grind it all in a few days then complain that there's nothing to do.

Here we have an option of 5 weapons a week where we can only pick two. That garuntees that we will have weeks and weeks of things to do while they prepare for the next update. I think that this is a fantastic way of helping expand playtime of the game.

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Let's think logically here for a minute.

Can you do that in here? Are you sure? Ok let us put that theory of yours to a test. 

A good chunk of Warframe players have in the past complained that they have nothing to do. A new update comes out, they grind it all in a few days then complain that there's nothing to do.

Warframe players can simply play any other game. To be honest, complains and meta complains are immaterial and sometimes moot. If the material here in Warframe becomes a shortage, people may play Fires of the Rubicon Armored Core VI, Horizon Forbidden West, Horizon Zero Dawn, Frozen Wild, Burning Shores. There are other games like Spiderman and Miles Morales that gives the thrills of Warframe movement. For those who seek melee you have God of War Ragnarok or for those who wants an open world adventure then you have Batman Arkham knight. 

I have SOMETHING to do always. One option is to BUY more games instead of placing all the hobbies in JUST ONE GAAS F2P peer to peer project. And DE should never feel pressured for content releases. 

Here we have an option of 5 weapons a week where we can only pick two. That guarantees that we will have weeks and weeks of things to do while they prepare for the next update. I think that this is a fantastic way of helping expand playtime of the game.

It's an artifice. DE can do whatever they want with the game. Their rules, their game. It's like any other Automobile designer out there. We can't argue how Volkswagen should develop their public vehicles for the standard motorist. We rather pick another supplier or stick with it due to the coins we have in our pockets. 

Of course DE labor force is divided since Soulframe is on production. This is likely to happen more often. I don't see this as a negative or positive because these special weapons do NOT halt the progress of the player. 

IF we are going to use logic here, if any are left of course, it should run as follows: If the player feels a burnout, pick another game then come back later. If the player consumed all the content here, play another game until this one fills up enough content. If the player wants lots of content then play multiple game that keeps him busy, with moderation of course. If the player finds that such weapons takes too long, then again, such player have Overwatch 2, Battlefield 2042 or of course Titanfall 2. These games are there, they exist, they provide fun. If the player finds that Warframe suits his needs, by all means, dive in it. Always few other games helps break the monotony. This is how a logical person thinks. 

See? 

22 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

See? 

Uh...wut? Lol

Hey I don't think we're on the same wave length here. I was addressing the concern that people are worried about FOMO when this is not about that at all, the weapon parts will cycle back, and the reason they did this is so you have a reason to come back to Warframe every week.

I absolutely think players should play other games and not just Warframe. The developers even talk about other games they play. But thinking this is a fomo tactic is not it. It's just a way of making sure you have things to do in this game every week without burning yourself out.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Uh...wut? Lol

Hey I don't think we're on the same wavelength here. I was addressing the concern that people are worried about FOMO when this is not about that at all , the weapon parts will cycle back, and the reason they did this is so you have a reason to come back to Warframe every week.

Wiat, FOMO and FOBBO are out of the question here in my discussion. I don't discuss them because these are not the case for THIS warframe update. 

I do agree on that point with you. 

I absolutely think players should play other games and not just Warframe. The developers even talk about other games they play.

Even DE agrees with me. (Sorry I had to pull that one. :P)

That is the spirit. DE knows the extension of their product, they know that warframe is a coffee table accessory game. DE do not pretend to go outside of that trend. It worked for them during the past ten years. 

I do critique the users who sees this AS A GAME. When this is NOT a game in the classical sense. This is a GAAS F2P peer to peer vanity project that BEHAVES like a game. Is this a negative? No. 

It is what it is. I enjoy it and many people here enjoy it. 

But thinking this is a fomo tactic is not it. It's just a way of making sure you have things to do in this game every week without burning yourself out.

Agreed ENTIRELY. 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Only thing i hate about the rotations is the stalker weapons are on week 6 so gotta wait to aquire all of those

& you'll only be able to get two of them, having to wait a month & a half just to get the last one

This rotation system really isn't good

Just now, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

But it's something to work on for long termas between updates i need projects to do 

By the time week 6 comes around, I'll be doing something else & forgot about the incarnon adapters

That's what happened with Archon shards, I stopped bothering with them entirely

12 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

& you'll only be able to get two of them, having to wait a month & a half just to get the last one

This rotation system really isn't good

It's great for the patient players who aren't out to collect everything in one fell swoop. It gives me something to look forward to over the next few months while DE works on whatever comes next.

But if you're out here to play to your hearts content and/or just grab what sounds good to you. Theres a big, multi-month long timegate. Which can be a pretty big disappointment.

4 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

It's great for the patient players who aren't out to collect everything in one fell swoop. It gives me something to look forward to over the next few months while DE works on whatever comes next.

But if you're out here to play to your hearts content and/or just grab what sounds good to you. Theres a big, multi-month long timegate. Which can be a pretty big disappointment.

I don't care about the limit of two weapons per week, but having them locked isn't enticing, we should be allowed to choose from all of them

I already said this, but since they plan on adding more later on, does that mean we'll have to wait longer & longer each time? What if they double it & we have to wait three months this time?

6 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

I don't care about the limit of two weapons per week, but having them locked isn't enticing, we should be allowed to choose from all of them

I already said this, but since they plan on adding more later on, does that mean we'll have to wait longer & longer each time? What if they double it & we have to wait three months this time?

You just said by the time that comes around you'll have forgotten and be doing something else anyways....

5 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

I'd assume by the time they add more weapons people would have got some from each rotation and they can fill the gaps or increase the pool for those who haven't got rewards from that rotation yet. I personally feel like the rotations should give people enough time to get some weapons and for DE to make some unique additions so that it should even out as long as you're playing consistently. 

Though I'm curious what happens for future repeated rotations, whether it puts weapons from the next rotation in the current rotation when it cycles back so you still have 5 choices, or if you only have those specific choices for each specific rotation.

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

You just said by the time that comes around you'll have forgotten and be doing something else anyways....

Because I want it to change so I don't get bored & forget about it, is it that hard to understand my point of view?

18 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

I'd assume by the time they add more weapons people would have got some from each rotation and they can fill the gaps or increase the pool for those who haven't got rewards from that rotation yet. I personally feel like the rotations should give people enough time to get some weapons and for DE to make some unique additions so that it should even out as long as you're playing consistently. 

Though I'm curious what happens for future repeated rotations, whether it puts weapons from the next rotation in the current rotation when it cycles back so you still have 5 choices, or if you only have those specific choices for each specific rotation.

Let's take an extreme case & say we have 100 weapons, assuming they keep the system working as it is now, that's 50 weeks (roughly a year) of wait time, that's discouraging for the people who just got into the system & trying to catch up to others

& even if, as you say, they change it to 5 weapons a week, that means you'll have to basically farm one weapon a day if you don't want to have to wait 2 months for the rotation & be left behind, by that time everyone would get burnt out by the grind

While making every weapon accessible from the start makes it so you can choose what to farm during this week (still with a limit per week in mind)

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Let's think logically here for a minute. A good chunk of Warframe players have in the past complained that they have nothing to do. A new update comes out, they grind it all in a few days then complain that there's nothing to do.

Here we have an option of 5 weapons a week where we can only pick two. That garuntees that we will have weeks and weeks of things to do while they prepare for the next update. I think that this is a fantastic way of helping expand playtime of the game.

It's expanding game time by bloating out an unnecessary grind. There is nothing good or fantastic about that. The grind isnt the issue though it's having to wait 6 weeks to get an adapter you missed.

might be an unpopular opinion but I actually kinda like that you can't just get them all at once. It's nice to have some sort of choice rather than just all at once although I would appreciate if the limit was slightly higher. like 3-4 weapons per week and 7-8 weapons on rotation per week. 

2023/5/5 PM8点25分 , NecroPed 说:

I don't even consider it FOBBO when none of the new incarnon can one-shot Archon like kuva hek or Felarx.

People should just stop watching click bait ytube like "new xxx incarnon so meta much OP get it now".

New incarnon is gimmicky, but as long as DE stay out of the devouring attrition coding mess that somehow bypassed the damage attenuation formula of lich and archon, none of them is more OP than what we already have in our arsenal.

3 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

I don't even consider it FOBBO when none of the new incarnon can one-shot Archon like kuva hek or Felarx.

People should just stop watching click bait ytube like "new xxx incarnon so meta much OP get it now".

New incarnon is gimmicky, but as long as DE stay out of the devouring attrition coding mess that somehow bypassed the damage attenuation formula of lich and archon, none of them is more OP than what we already have in our arsenal.

I consider it FOBBO in the sense of people not having things that others do. I don't think it really has anything to do with the strength of the weapon either, I think people would complain even if it was for MR fodder. 

Archived