Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incarnon Choices / Do Not Pick Soma This Week

Halo

Il y a 7 heures, (PSN)slightconfuzzled a dit :

Thing is, I felt the same way about the Atomos Incarnon, and also noticed that a few others felt that way too. However, the Atomos Incarnon has grown on me a lot, and its now one of my favourite Incarnon weapons. I also think the Atomos Incarnon is just really effective/powerful.

I feel that way too.

And I agree with everything you said.

Il y a 7 heures, (PSN)slightconfuzzled a dit :

Some Incarnon weapons, seem designed where you would constantly switch between the forms, some seem weighed towards one form more than the other, some seem to have forms that serve different functions, like single target vs groups of enemies, and other various combinations between those elements or variables. Also can get a bit tricky, because some forms are different enough, where you have to consider which you want to build for too. 

I think the same way. Atomos Incarnon is one of the weapons that are designed to switch between forms (in my opinion) working like a buffed "status shower" and then like an AoE buster.

One additional point that might be causing some disappointment is that some incarnon buffs are not working (bugs) and some others seems useless or are not clear enough (I can't stop thinking about the Magistar damage fall off).

1 hour ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

I think the same way. Atomos Incarnon is one of the weapons that are designed to switch between forms (in my opinion) working like a buffed "status shower" and then like an AoE buster.

One additional point that might be causing some disappointment is that some incarnon buffs are not working (bugs) and some others seems useless or are no clear enough (I can't stop to think about the Magistar damage fall off).

Yeah, thats a good way pf wording it. Atomos Incarnon is also pretty versatile in that respect as well, with high level Grineer, you can use the beam form to do a lot of status, and then use Incarnon to finish them off, or I use it when the Acolyte shows up. Against Infested though? The Incarnon is great at killing large groups. You don't really need slash ticks or anything. I have really liked the Lex Incarnon and the Vasto Incarnon, a lot, but I also like how different they are from each other, and how each can have strengths/weaknesses and different kinds of flexibility. 

Thats a great additional point too, am hoping when they resume hotfixes they iron out some bugs/clarify certain issues. I know there is a Dev stream at the end of the week too, they might talk about Echos of Duviri. 

Completed a SP Level Cap Disruption with Soma Incarnon using Harrow yesterday. Harrow really fixes up the weak points of the gun by boosting the crit chance up a ton, as well as boosting fire rate which helps out the low status chance of the gun. 

Worked really well with him, but I do agree that it is underwhelming in the majority of situations you use this gun, and with other warframes that aren't able to boost the crit chance greatly like Harrow. 

https://streamable.com/vwhi9m

(Don't know how to copy and paste a video into the post on a phone, so here's a link of a clip of the run, might be the only level cap soma incarnon run at the moment? Couldn't find any on YouTube or anywhere else). 

Got it yesterday as my first weapon of the week long before reading this thread. When I got it and saw the stats I was like "ugh, it becomes a shotgun only?", then I took it out to try it and all I can say is I'm pleased with the gun. It is a 300m shotgun with zero drop-off which also has access to amalgam serration. Is it as whacky as say Torid? Nope, but I'm fine with not every single incarnon turning AoE. 

Also Fortifying Bloodshed does work it just procs when slash DoTs from Soma kills and it does not stack, it simply provides 100 overshields no matter what your shields are currently at. Seems to work alot like the overguard on melee kill decree.

23 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I was sort of asking if it was a beam, shotgun or AOE after incarnon.

I would say its most like a shotgun. Granted a really accurate, long range shotgun, thats hitscan. Its multishot is really ramped up, its a bit similar to the Boltor Incarnon. 

Its a bit contentious for some though, as its got lower Crit Chance stats than normal Soma or incarnon Soma's base form. Hope that helps. 

15 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Also Fortifying Bloodshed does work it just procs when slash DoTs from Soma kills and it does not stack, it simply provides 100 overshields no matter what your shields are currently at. Seems to work alot like the overguard on melee kill decree.

I'm happy to hear that. I picked up the adapter yesterday despite all the controversy and criticism mostly to try out this perk. Hopefully DE can buff it a little when they do a balance pass for the incarnon weapons, it does seem a bit lackluster when compared to some other incarnons. But I want to try it out myself. 

15 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

I'm happy to hear that. I picked up the adapter yesterday despite all the controversy and criticism mostly to try out this perk. Hopefully DE can buff it a little when they do a balance pass for the incarnon weapons, it does seem a bit lackluster when compared to some other incarnons. But I want to try it out myself. 

It just has a horrible time to proc since you barely get a chance for the dots to tick for the kill, you'll likely turn the enemies into red mist long before that with direct hits. What they should do is make some "on slash kill" mechanic that works with actual hits that kill while also producing the slash status. That could actually make the overshield mechanic very interesting.

59 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I would say its most like a shotgun. Granted a really accurate, long range shotgun, thats hitscan. Its multishot is really ramped up, its a bit similar to the Boltor Incarnon. 

Its a bit contentious for some though, as its got lower Crit Chance stats than normal Soma or incarnon Soma's base form. Hope that helps. 

Thank you, I'll be getting them all anyway, it'd be nice to see the gun it turns into, for example, I love the Felrax but its incarnon form not so much.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

It just has a horrible time to proc since you barely get a chance for the dots to tick for the kill, you'll likely turn the enemies into red mist long before that with direct hits. What they should do is make some "on slash kill" mechanic that works with actual hits that kill while also producing the slash status. That could actually make the overshield mechanic very interesting.

I got to try it out today, and I have to say it's very fun! I had a pure crit/HM on my old soma (no elementals) and together with primed shred and rolling guard the perk was enough to keep me alive for the whole mission (SP survival). Just spray into hallways and keep changing targets so the bleed does its thing. I'll probably replace my hata satya mod for a fanged fusillade if I can be bothered to forma it one more time, and pick the status chance perk at the end to make it even more effective at proc'ing the overshields. It's not the strongest weapon around for sure, but it's a very cool gimmick. Also the overshields did seem to stack for me, going all the way to cap. 

What i learned from Soma Incarnon just now is, it’s one of those genesis where you get less of a performance if you use Galvanized Aptitude than without it. Decided to use Primed Cryo Rounds over it with a Toxin Mod and it performed better than with that Galvanized mod. So not only it’s meh, it’s also bugged

5 hours ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

I got to try it out today, and I have to say it's very fun! I had a pure crit/HM on my old soma (no elementals) and together with primed shred and rolling guard the perk was enough to keep me alive for the whole mission (SP survival). Just spray into hallways and keep changing targets so the bleed does its thing. I'll probably replace my hata satya mod for a fanged fusillade if I can be bothered to forma it one more time, and pick the status chance perk at the end to make it even more effective at proc'ing the overshields. It's not the strongest weapon around for sure, but it's a very cool gimmick. Also the overshields did seem to stack for me, going all the way to cap. 

Just some general tips for modding here:

Soma Incarnon already has 60% slash, adding Fanged Fusilade makes that 77% slash, and thus increases slash procs from status chance by 28% - this is not worth a mod slot.

Hata-Satya does nothing on the Incarnon mode.

The status chance perk does not help you proc slash in any meaningful capacity on the Incarnon mode.

In summary, don't use Fanged Fusilade no matter what, and if you go for Hata-Satya + status chance evolution do not use the incarnon mode, as those would be two dead mods.

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

Just some general tips for modding here:

Soma Incarnon already has 60% slash, adding Fanged Fusilade makes that 77% slash, and thus increases slash procs from status chance by 28% - this is not worth a mod slot.

Hata-Satya does nothing on the Incarnon mode.

The status chance perk does not help you proc slash in any meaningful capacity on the Incarnon mode.

In summary, don't use Fanged Fusilade no matter what, and if you go for Hata-Satya + status chance evolution do not use the incarnon mode, as those would be two dead mods.

Thanks! If I end up forma'ing the soma again I'll replace hata satya for another mod then, maybe hammer shot or whatnot. I do know hata satya doesn't work on the incarnon, but I haven't decided if I'll bother re-forma'ing it or keep the regular version instead for now and wait to see if DE will change or buff anything first. Because for now the only cool thing for me has been the overshield perk gimmick. 

On 2023-05-23 at 5:01 AM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Is the crit chance per pellet or overall?

2 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

If I was a soma fan I would be very upset too. It feels like a slow, clunky fully automatic ar with high recoil. Everything the soma is not.

I'm a Soma user my most used primary and doing Steel Path with it in non-incarnon kills way faster, even allowing for it to change into the shotgun mode is bad even after confining for it, so yep disappointed.

Archived