Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tons of farming for no return

I spend approximately 8 to 10 hrs a day on this game because I like the frames but the things that keep from doing different activities is the abysmal RNG that I have been experiencing since I started. Example 1 I just ran 20 Iso vaults 2 trying for one piece of the weapon I need to get done and no drop. Example 2 running 27 relics that you can only get from farming Aya ( which I only get maybe get 3 in a day ) and farming void traces to not getting the rare item ever. I have been stuck having to farm these items for weeks if not months. At the end I'm so fed up that I resort to buying Platinum just so I don't have to farm for the Item I'm wanting which makes me feel like I'm cheating. I like to farm if it reasonably attainable but I'm to the point where I'm ready to quit delete the game and never come back. Destiny 2 did this 2 yrs ago and I won't go back. To me it seems the more I play the worse my experience gets. I play solo now cause all my friends that I did have are gone because the farming RNG is so bad they got bored. I get people want new things to do but fixing quality of the game is more important then new content. People that I speak to and read in these forums have all said the same thing I have and DE has done very little to solve these issues. Again this is my opinion and I'm not downing others for their experiences. Please understand I love this game but needing fixes to help me or others enjoy it more would be better then new content

Bad luck mitigation is a fairly obvious concept that even ancient games like runescape 2 have figured out, these types of things aren't that difficult to add to the existing farms.

They already did this with archon shards, and the new frames having resource drops and stores is another method. So the means are there, they just lack the will to make the game experience better in the remainder of it.

The grind feels much more bearable once you engage in the platinum trade/economy. You don't need to buy it (although that's nice to support the game). Just use warframe.market, sell the stuff you got from grinding that you're not using, then use the plat to buy the stuff you want and didn't get due to RNG. It takes some time browsing the market to figure out the stuff more worth selling, but once you get into the hang of it it's effortless. 

As for the relics you absolutely need to do "rad shares" in recruit chat to get the rare prime parts you want more easily. Basically 4 people who want the same part all go in with the same radiant relic to increase the odds. Just recruit people in recruit chat. It's easier to find rad share squads for the current primes and unvaultings.

As far as the plat trade goes for me is also lackluster. I doNt really do rivens anymore cause I basically only get 2 type zaw and kitgun. for the last 8 weeks iron wake has only given these and the circuit has been the same the last 3 in a row. I farm solo for myself cause I can never get anything worth getting to sell. Plus being on a console only means I'm limited to what people need or what which I just have. Arcanes are another issue as I only have a few and the rest are useless and unwanted. So I do understand what your getting at but for me its a waste of time for Items I don't have or just have bad luck getting

Ok so obviously I forgot to put this in. I play solo unless its too open relics or do bounties. In these instances I radshare and go in open parties. I just have bad luck in the groups I go in with. Most of the groups usually stop after 4 relics which is beyond me but it is what it is

So maybe its time for a extended break from the game and go back to playing single player games. Warframe really is the only multiplayer game I like but I guess Ill stick with single player till I decide if it'll be worth coming back or not. Ill miss the game but I do have more of a sense of completion with single player games

1 hour ago, (PSN)Braindeadrat75 said:

When ur disabled there is not much else to do

Even within the realm of playing video games there are lots of things one can do.

If the grind in warframe is getting to you take a break and play another game here or there. Or watch some TV, or a movie or something. Music us always good too. Etc. Etc.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (PSN)jaggerwanderer:

Depends on the diability. My one arm friend really enjoys building Gunpla. It's really fascinating watching him do too.

Damn... off topic but mad respect for your friend. I dont know which grade (basically an indicator how intricate those kits are) he does, but doing it with one arm needs a lot of patience and coordination i bet! 

No shame in spending plat to get the item in order to have fun playing after you get it. If I really want something, Molt Augmented and Galvanized Chamber sell like hot cakes and I enjoy the missions to get those items. If I’m really impatient, I just buy plat. Beats getting aggravated from bad rng. GL

5 hours ago, (PSN)Braindeadrat75 said:

Example 1 I just ran 20 Iso vaults 2 trying for one piece of the weapon I need to get done and no drop.

yeah, the Iso-Vaults are still a pretty rough farm, a shining example of the dark direction DE kept taking before they started adding shops and pity mechanics (thank goodness)

5 hours ago, (PSN)Braindeadrat75 said:

Example 2 running 27 relics that you can only get from farming Aya ( which I only get maybe get 3 in a day ) and farming void traces to not getting the rare item ever.

you probably would be better off trading for the parts you need, and get the plat by flogging junk parts, unused rivens etc. chances are if you've been playign as many hours every day as you claim, then you must have something in your inventory worth selling.

is the grind bad? sometimes, but burning out is worse, so it might be worth stepping back and taking a couple days off.

I mean with this kindness, but it sort of sounds like you are burning yourself out on the game? Maybe a break would be better?

I think with Warframe? If you plan on playing it a lot, which is to an individuals discretion as to why, but if you do plan on playing it for a lot, in a relatively short period if time, I do think you have to be aware and smart about how you do it. For example, if you can only, only do solo runs for Relics? Thats... going to be painful. Relic system and RNG was basically designed to be better for groups. The more organised and communicative the better (for example whole team running Rad Relics). Also... if you can open Relics at the same time as earning Relics... as well as Void Traces (so even better with Boosters...), that can give you more efficiency in whatever you are trying to do. Except how do you get enough Plat to run a Booster? Well, from the Prime Parts you get doing above... but which comes first? Well yeah, thats the thing, such systems are intended to loop into each other... 

If you are solo, running normal Relics and not selling Prime parts, and doing missions which mean your Relics will run out faster than you can replace them... Unless you have exceptionally rare good luck, will be an exercise in futility. 

Also to be clear, a lot of the time, I play solo, I don't really like selling stuff (but I can and do occasionally), but also, I manage my expectations, and I view Warframe as more of a long term thing, so don't need to rush. I also enjoy playing with Warframes, and weapons, so even if I don't get a reward, I still enjoy myself. Basically I try to play smart. I also take a lot of breaks, inbetween updates. I am just speaking of myself though, all of us will be a little different in preference and circumstance, so we all often have to try and make sure we are still having fun etc and being smart with how and why we play. 

Take care OP! 

10 hours ago, AstrayRed84 said:

Damn... off topic but mad respect for your friend. I dont know which grade (basically an indicator how intricate those kits are) he does, but doing it with one arm needs a lot of patience and coordination i bet! 

Yeah it's so fascinating really. He has clamps, cell phone arms reaching everywhere. The one thing that gets me is he's able to put pieces between his index and ring finger, then push with his thumb while brace with his middle finger. Something I can never do myself. I told him to record the process but he's too embarreass to do film  himself.

On 5/28/2023 at 1:46 AM, (PSN)Braindeadrat75 said:

I play solo

That's going to make the grind MUCH longer. The game is simply not designed for that. You can play solo, but you do so knowing it'll make the grind way worse, especially for anything related to relics. There's so many layers of RNG that grinding for relics is abysmal when solo.

Get into a clan/alliance. It'll make the grind far more enjoyable. And get into trading regularly as well, so you can simply buy/trade for the rare prime parts, no need to buy plat. 

On 2023-05-27 at 5:46 PM, (PSN)Braindeadrat75 said:

I spend approximately 8 to 10 hrs a day on this game because I like the frames but the things that keep from doing different activities is the abysmal RNG that I have been experiencing since I started. Example 1 I just ran 20 Iso vaults 2 trying for one piece of the weapon I need to get done and no drop. Example 2 running 27 relics that you can only get from farming Aya ( which I only get maybe get 3 in a day ) and farming void traces to not getting the rare item ever. I have been stuck having to farm these items for weeks if not months. At the end I'm so fed up that I resort to buying Platinum just so I don't have to farm for the Item I'm wanting which makes me feel like I'm cheating. I like to farm if it reasonably attainable but I'm to the point where I'm ready to quit delete the game and never come back. Destiny 2 did this 2 yrs ago and I won't go back. To me it seems the more I play the worse my experience gets. I play solo now cause all my friends that I did have are gone because the farming RNG is so bad they got bored. I get people want new things to do but fixing quality of the game is more important then new content. People that I speak to and read in these forums have all said the same thing I have and DE has done very little to solve these issues. Again this is my opinion and I'm not downing others for their experiences. Please understand I love this game but needing fixes to help me or others enjoy it more would be better then new content

You´re  playing an MMO RPG and complaining about RNG?

Also some comment here said you´re playing solo? So of course it will take you longer ESPECIALLY when doing relic runs. Is that not common sense to you?

Also... if you´re having such bad luck as you´re claiming then you should spend your time elsewhere like farming plat and then buying what you wanted to get because some people might be more fortunate in that part of the game than you.

Destiny 2 is a much worse game than before even looking at the red border weapon crafting blueprint mechanics they added in Witch Queen.

Archived