Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Circuit Reward Offerings This Week + Next

[DE]Megan

45 minutes ago, SocccPrime said:

do you and other people wo respond realize that its not just an extra week compared to how the rotations work? On top of the implementation and various gameplay dispositions people are in that might have affected access to doing the circuit? Sure you had no problems, but many others didn't and its a fact that this update has been buggy since launch discouraging people from accessing and completing circuit tiers.  Its a mindset that applies your own experiences to everyone else's and makes a judgment based off that.  

top tier most worthwhile response ever 

do you and other people who complain realize that many people either dont have any issues or very quickly seek the work-arounds to minor inconveniences?

please explain the math on how its "not just an extra week"

bugs on release are bad. they're bad for every game, but there's not much that you can do as a consumer aside from boycotting the game.
also, as far as DE's track record, Duviri wasnt even in the top 10 for most buggy updates. (to this day im not sure anything has topped Update 14. maybe im forgetting something else)

Edited by Mr.Holyroller
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

do you and other people who complain realize that many people either dont have any issues or very quickly seek the work-arounds to minor inconveniences?

please explain the math on how its "not just an extra week"

bugs on release are bad. they're bad for every game, but there's not much that you can do as a consumer aside from boycotting the game.
also, as far as DE's track record, Duviri wasnt even in the top 10 for most buggy updates. (to this day im not sure anything has topped Update 14. maybe im forgetting something else)

Railjack on release was the buggiest update to EVER drop and people saying otherwise are on the heavy copium.

• Like 3

Minor inconvenience, 'cuz I was lookin' forward to grabbing the braton incarnon... But since 1) Warframe's still gonna be around in a week, 2) I'm not gonna be dead next week and 3) the game is still entirely playable without, it's no big deal. Besides, I get to round out the stalker set. That's a win. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArcticHelix said:

Railjack on release was the buggiest update to EVER drop and people saying otherwise are on the heavy copium.

Railjack was rough but 14 made the game across the board unplayable. Like some people just logging in to a black screen not being able to do anything

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The people accountable here are DE, not separate types of players. This is the most fair solution so that nobody is ahead or missing out on either abusing or being abused by the bug. It's pretty clear.

DE had one of three options:

1. Let Week 6 rotate through an extra time and reset next Sunday to week 1.
  2. Let Week 6 rotate through an extra time and reset next Sunday to week 2 to maintain the cycle schedule.
  3. Force Week 1 rotation and allow some players to double dip 10 tiers of rewards twice between two rotations while also not allowing the full 7 days to be farmed before Sunday.

Option 1 is the most fair. There really aren't any better alternatives.

I'm someone who's incredibly vocal when it comes to things that don't respect players. What Megan posted is in fact the best solution and we should be talking about that and holding this standard for current and future issues. 

I don't care about some double dipping circuit rewards, they got in early and farmed, that's good for them, I and many just want the normal schedule to be implemented. 

If you had time exploiting the bug, good for you, if you didn't, well that was a bugged, so don't expect anything. 

• Like 3

sounds fair and understable

Whatever you read here its just players included myself being tired of time gate rewards (fomo), unfair resources farm where boosters doesnt work, and quite mediocre perfomance on some incarnon weapons. Also bugs, host migrations, repetitive random weapons: Imagine i have 80% of weapons with formas and builded ready for whatever but i get allways the other 20% mr fodder weapons, right now i have  cestra, furis and anku in the pool

Now if you are veteran your content will be Khal, archon hunt, nightwave, circuit sp (all of them time gated) and as extra duviri resources farm+worm fights (boosters doesnt work) + forma bp+SE farm for umbra forma (another time gate)

Thats great you finally added stuff for veterans but all of them with limited time to get it, and im not even fully against of that, im against of having every single content like that

as extra you are going to add more incarnon weapons. I guess we should 2 years like you did with kuva weapons to fix the grind and make the content playable and enjoyable

Edited by Danielw8
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PSN)les2zamours said:

except we are facing a bug, so what's your damned point lol. Just reset the week to week 1, and we done; Simple solution, but requires doing something I guess. 

i'm sorry do you write code and program for DE to know that it's simple?
i think most people can imagine that rolling back the week and changing it could be difficult and break more things in the process.
it should have been caught right away, but since it didnt, its best to just correct it when the new week rolls in.

i also personally dont mind because i dont have to wait 6 weeks to get my full incarnon stalker weapon set.

Edited by Mr.Holyroller
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, (PSN)les2zamours said:

That might be my last mentioning THAT IT IS A BUG, ANYONE WHO INTERACTS WITH A BUG MUST NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANYTHING. seriously.

Why wouldn't they be entitled to the work they put in? It's not the players fault that the rotation bugged and it was a bug that impacted everyone. It's also very reasonable for players to have gotten on for adaptors and not realized the rotation bugged so it's not like removing them would only be punishing "malicious" players.

Intentionally removing progress from players for something that was on the fault of the developers would have been, by far, the most unfair course of action. While the alternative method of removing them by swapping adaptors players already got from the repeat with week 1 adaptors has numerous potential issues and would also require a larger patch.

21 minutes ago, ArcticHelix said:

Meanwhile here I am having only ever experienced one bug with release Railjack. Which was also repeatable enough for me to avoid it entirely until it got patched. And I've only experienced two bugs with the entire Duviri update that weren't purely visual.

Some players just don't get the kind of issues others seem to get constantly.

Edited by trst
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, trst said:

Why wouldn't they be entitled to the work they put in? It's not the players fault that the rotation bugged and it was a bug that impacted everyone. It's also very reasonable for players to have gotten on for adaptors and not realized the rotation bugged so it's not like removing them would only be punishing "malicious" players.

Intentionally removing progress from players for something that was on the fault of the developers would have been, by far, the most unfair course of action. While the alternative method of removing them by swapping adaptors players already got from the repeat with week 1 adaptors has numerous potential issues and would also require a larger patch.

They knowingly engaged with a bug, so they can't be entitled to keeping any circuit progress if they didn't grind enough to reach a tier. 

That's what y'all dont understand, they could have reset the week and everyone would have kept the rewards from reached tiers. 

Also, we can't assume they talked about this and it revealed too difficult to do, since Megan didn't say anything about it. 

Edited by (PSN)les2zamours
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

i'm sorry do you write code and program for DE to know that it's simple?
i think most people can imagine that rolling back the week and changing it could be difficult and break more things in the process.
it should have been caught right away, but since it didnt, its best to just correct it when the new week rolls in.

i also personally dont mind because i dont have to wait 6 weeks to get my full incarnon stalker weapon set.

Weekly reset is not client code, it is based on the servers? Eh, I am not a dev, but the solution is simple in theory, so if they thought of it but couldn't do it, they should have told us, this post only indicates that they didn't put much thought into this decision. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, (PSN)les2zamours said:

Weekly reset is not client code, it is based on the servers? Eh, I am not a dev, but the solution is simple in theory, so if they thought of it but couldn't do it, they should have told us, this post only indicates that they didn't put much thought into this decision. 

"Simple in theory" based on what?

You didn't put much though into your criticism.

It's easy to call people lazy when you don't understand  or have 0 knowledge of the process

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, (PSN)les2zamours said:

They knowingly engaged with a bug, so they can't be entitled to keeping any circuit progress if they didn't grind enough to reach a tier. 

That's what y'all dont understand, they could have reset the week and everyone would have kept the rewards from reached tiers. 

Also, we can't assume they talked about this and it revealed too difficult to do, since Megan didn't say anything about it. 

You're assuming that players knowingly engaged with a bug. When players could have missed the first run of rotation 6 and not known it was a repeat, have seen it was a repeat and assumed it was intentional (very reasonable as you do need to go well out of your way to keep up with DE), or they could have not cared about the adaptors at all and were just there for the Arcanes.

Also the only way to have not "engaged" with the bug would have been to not play at all as there was no way around the issue. And telling players that they shouldn't touch something without being 100% certain that nothing is bugged is incredibly unreasonable.

It's on DE to make things right and fair for everyone and choosing to just roll with a repeat rotation is more fair than removing progress, swapping progress, letting players keep progress while everyone else misses out, or doubling up and putting more time pressure on players.

The only people not understanding is anyone who doesn't think this is the most fair approach.

Edited by trst
  • Like 5

hace 5 horas, [DE]Megan dijo:

Tenno!

Sunday night, we confirmed reports that the Circuit rotation did not roll over and was a duplicate of the previous rotation.

After discussing a resolution this morning, the team has decided to keep this week as a duplicate, as many of you are working towards those rewards and wish to continue. Next week it will rotate as intended.

Apologies for the blip in the rotations!

* To clarify some confusion, the next rotation will be Week 1 rewards.

Thanks Megan

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

"Simple in theory" based on what?

You didn't put much though into your criticism.

It's easy to call people lazy when you don't understand  or have 0 knowledge of the process

based on my experience with code, which is not small. Now you're just acting dumb to try and prove your point. Based on what can you say it is not simple to override a bugged reset, when a reset is about code, not programming. A reset is a script, "when X days passed, change Y with the next Y in the order set". OR, "every X day, change rewards to next offering in the order set"

Notice how Megan didn't talk about any difficulties whatsoever, when we all know that DE justifies some late fixes with this difficulty. 

Edited by (PSN)les2zamours
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, trst said:

You're assuming that players knowingly engaged with a bug. When players could have missed the first run of rotation 6 and not known it was a repeat, have seen it was a repeat and assumed it was intentional (very reasonable as you do need to go well out of your way to keep up with DE), or they could have not cared about the adaptors at all and were just there for the Arcanes.

Also the only way to have not "engaged" with the bug would have been to not play at all as there was no way around the issue. And telling players that they shouldn't touch something without being 100% certain that nothing is bugged is incredibly unreasonable.

It's on DE to make things right and fair for everyone and choosing to just roll with a repeat rotation is more fair than removing progress, swapping progress, letting players keep progress while everyone else misses out, or doubling up and putting more time pressure on players.

The only people not understanding is anyone who doesn't think this is the most fair approach.

"You're assuming that players knowingly engaged with a bug. When players could have missed the first run of rotation 6 and not known it was a repeat, have seen it was a repeat and assumed it was intentional (very reasonable as you do need to go well out of your way to keep up with DE), or they could have not cared about the adaptors at all and were just there for the Arcanes."

We've been on a weekly rotation with changing rewards, suddenly two week present themselves with identical rewards back-to-back? now you're assuming people are REALLY DUMB if they can't figure that it is a bug. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, (PSN)les2zamours said:

We've been on a weekly rotation with changing rewards, suddenly two week present themselves with identical rewards back-to-back? now you're assuming people are REALLY DUMB if they can't figure that it is a bug. 

Missed last week due to life reasons.

Only got back into the game this week.

Haven't touched Duviri until this week

extreme edge case is because the weapons form a set they assume its to let people complete the set

There's plenty of reasons people could "Engage with the bug" without the "knowingly" part. 

I literally got into the game again last week, all it'd take is like 4 days difference with like work and I'd have had NO idea the cycle repeated.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MrGrimm150 said:

Missed last week due to life reasons.

Only got back into the game this week.

Haven't touched Duviri until this week

extreme edge case is because the weapons form a set they assume its to let people complete the set

There's plenty of reasons people could "Engage with the bug" without the "knowingly" part. 

I literally got into the game again last week, all it'd take is like 4 days difference with like work and I'd have had NO idea the cycle repeated.

you're one of the most extreme case, it doesn't prove anything

• Like 2

Shouldn't be laughing so hysterically at people complaining for getting great rewards, but here I am. I love the Warframe forum's community
Now, I've got no excuse not to get the Despair and Hate, since I picked Zylok and Sibear previously.

Seems plentiful of people got Dread, Despair and Hate just from getting this rotation twice in a row.

troll GIF

• Like 2

I just refuse to get the Sibear incarnon because I refuse to acknowledge the Sibear exists. That cryotic cost is just a hallucination, no one would think that's a reasonable amount of cryotic. Its just a mass hallucination.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

What about people who already have rank 5 (or 10) and therefore already have the incarnon adapters for this week?  What would be a "fair" solution to them, that is also "fair" to people who held off on doing anything with the mode until they got word on what DE was going to do?

Yup, I got into Tier 6 last night, I'd be upset if they erased my progress and started me over. It's only a week.

• Like 1

What a wild thread, gee.

I agree with some fellow old timers saying this isn't at all the worst that has ever happened... Remember that one event where some clans took advantage of an unintended interaction and affected everyone?

Anyways, thanks for the update Megan. And keep that patience up :p

Now, if ya'll excuse me I'll go undust my Despair and Hate. Which I hope get PBR treatment soon 🤩

• Like 2