Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Circuit Reward Offerings This Week + Next

[DE]Megan

I'm extremely disappointed by this, Sunday is easily my best chance at doing Circuit rotations and I put them off in fear of getting screwed over on the Week 1 stuff, which is so overloaded on Incarnons for someone like me who wants to pick one up for every variant it isn't even funny. You've just screwed anyone like me over, and wasted my best day for farming. Thanks DE, test your S#&$ and maybe have someone there to do simple fixes rather than screwing us over like this.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Oh noooooo, you have to wait 1 more week, this must be the greedy evil players destroying your poor life to the very last atom of it... Tragic indeed...

This is immature and rude on your side. You're not contributing anything by insulting rightfully disappointed players.

To all who speculate on other "more fair" solution - Wednesday hotfix bringing back the intended rotation would be acceptable. Those who decided to try their luck with early adapters would have their item of choice and others who decided to take early pick on Stalker set or other weapons after official DE statement would have whole full 24h time window to complete it at least.

I'm not implying DE decision was not a decision at all but I understand those all whose' patience is running thin. This IS the worst possible solution just by being non-action because it really seems like a perfect excuse.
I'm baffled by white knighting consecutive failures instead of showing empathy to reliable frustration.

I might take a week break despite Ocucor hype or maybe even wait for proper update with impactful improvements and fixes, probably including Ocucor nerf just because.

Edited by Sannidor
grammar
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Nox_Terminus said:

I believe the outrage isn't entirely unwarranted, but rather than simply scream into the void I believe it is a good idea to reflect upon why some people are annoyed at this decision.

The reason is fairly simple because its all about time. Initially it was fairly rudimentary stuff you'd expect to see, build times, reputation & focus daily caps. Nothing too ridiculous. So time-gates aren't a new thing to Warframe but I believe this current trend started with the Eidolon day/night cycle.

• The Helminth system itself
  • Invigorations
  • Archon Shards
  • Steel Path Circuit Grind
  • Incarnon Adapter Options

When many people began playing warframe, farming a specific piece of gear was all about knowing where it dropped and preparing the gear capable of doing that content. It was pretty simple and straightforward. This means that people who work most of the week could still access that content without having to try and cram an excessively long farming run into a single day of play. Following Eidolons more things have been placed behind time-gates, and while it may not have seemed as prevalent back then its gotten kind of silly now.

For example doing the math on Archon Shards, even taking the pity system into account it will take several years to get five tauforged shards on each frame, even more if the output of new frames goes back to four per year. This heavily extended period of time ignores that one third of the shards acquired would be azure shards which are the weakest of all three types. Now obviously there are other systems or methods of acquisition which may be added in time, but this did make many people rather dubious on new systems. Specifically because time-gates like these are the kind you'd seen in games trying to stretch 'content' as much as possible. With newer systems becoming more and more extreme in the span of time required to 'complete' all of it. Now the funny part about Archon Shards is prior people would say 'well you don't need five tauforged shards on each frame' but with the Steel Path Circuit system, now you kind of do, because you don't get to pick which frames show up for that system, and being prepared is extremely important. But I digress

The main issue with the incarnon adapter weekly cycle is that it forces people to wait multiple weeks or over a month (now) to get a weapon they either missed out on prior, or didn't choose the first time around. This frustrates people who put aside time, probably on their limited time off, to work toward this goal. Now obviously the time-gate in this instance is to keep the content 'active' because if people are trying to get the 'next' incarnon they will keep logging on to grind through it. However there is one key issue with how it is being done if the intent were simply to make sure the content wasn't instantly farmable you don't need a weekly cycle, you just need a weekly time-gate to farm two adapters.

What I mean is rather than have specific weapons listed each week (thus time-gating people who want a specific weapon for several weeks to a month+), you could've simply offered two adapters of your choice per week.

This way people who work and people who have excessive time to play both benefit, and at the same time, your content remains active.

Now I'm sure there will be an ocean of replies saying 'but then people will only farm the good incarnons' and that is true, but all you have to do to solve for that is make all of the incarnons good. DE has the usage/acquisition data for incarnons, and I'm sure they can figure out which ones need help over time. If all of the incarnon options available are good most players will go after them, and the content will remain active.

Its a win win. It also makes adding new incarnon options later on extremely easy, as you won't need to say, code a weekly reset to change gear options.

I agree with that, that's where my frustration comes from. They won't address this, because they're precisely keen on stretching content as much as they can, knowing they won't retain their player base with the content they're dropping. People brought this issue years ago, Warframe's content is not sustainable. Raids, for example, were sustainable, no amount of power creep could make them irrelevant or not worth the time.

1 minute ago, Mediloric said:

You make it sound like the heat death of the universe is going to happen next week. 🤨

cause it is xd

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Schrenk212 said:

But you can delete or skip the extra track to continue from the beginning again. Nice try with the analogy, though.

You have been to very different places than I have if the DJ lets you go up and mess with their playlist.

But sure, I'll grant that it's not a 100% identical analogy.

Analogies are not always meant to be 100% identical to the situation they're used to describe -- they are meant to illustrate a concept, to help couch it in familiar terms. In this case, my analogy of playlist tracks was intended to illustrate a concept and demonstrate that we're not missing Week 1 somehow; just because it's looping a week later and repeating a week doesn't mean we're truncating the beginning of the next loop. That's not how repeat/loop mode works on playlists, and it's not how it's working here.

Even Megan replied, confirming (again) that next week will have Week 1's rewards. No one is missing out on those rewards. They will still show up.

The example of a playlist was not meant to be a 100% identical analogy. Because no, the Circuit is not, y'know, Spotify.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Packetdancer said:

The bug doesn't actually change the time-to-obtain for the Incarnons, though.

If you're being completionist and want all of them, this is just functionally moving the final Week 6 to this week. You actually will get the last Week 6 Incarnon at the end of next rotation (and if you don't want a spare of one of them, hey, then you only need to go to tier 5 that week!), and then when you hit Week 5 of the final rotation you'll have all the (current) Incarnon Genesis adapters.

It's still a total of 18 weeks; the order of the weeks just got a tiny bit shuffled.

it doesn't change it, I am just complaining about the system itself. Don't need to be a completionist to want them all, I'd just love to test em all, and I shouldn't have to wait a third of a year to do so, because it's not justified. Waiting 300 days for the zernistar was justified, it was meant to be a token of loyalty, genesis Incarnon are just a gameplay feature. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Best by which metric?

The Stalker weapons have an incarnon perk if you equip them all at the same time.

If you wanted to use that perk you'd have to carry around a fairly weak weapon for 6 weeks.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Nox_Terminus said:

I believe the outrage isn't entirely unwarranted, but rather than simply scream into the void I believe it is a good idea to reflect upon why some people are annoyed at this decision.

The reason is fairly simple because its all about time. Initially it was fairly rudimentary stuff you'd expect to see, build times, reputation & focus daily caps. Nothing too ridiculous. So time-gates aren't a new thing to Warframe but I believe this current trend started with the Eidolon day/night cycle.

• The Helminth system itself
  • Invigorations
  • Archon Shards
  • Steel Path Circuit Grind
  • Incarnon Adapter Options

When many people began playing warframe, farming a specific piece of gear was all about knowing where it dropped and preparing the gear capable of doing that content. It was pretty simple and straightforward. This means that people who work most of the week could still access that content without having to try and cram an excessively long farming run into a single day of play. Following Eidolons more things have been placed behind time-gates, and while it may not have seemed as prevalent back then its gotten kind of silly now.

For example doing the math on Archon Shards, even taking the pity system into account it will take several years to get five tauforged shards on each frame, even more if the output of new frames goes back to four per year. This heavily extended period of time ignores that one third of the shards acquired would be azure shards which are the weakest of all three types. Now obviously there are other systems or methods of acquisition which may be added in time, but this did make many people rather dubious on new systems. Specifically because time-gates like these are the kind you'd seen in games trying to stretch 'content' as much as possible. With newer systems becoming more and more extreme in the span of time required to 'complete' all of it. Now the funny part about Archon Shards is prior people would say 'well you don't need five tauforged shards on each frame' but with the Steel Path Circuit system, now you kind of do, because you don't get to pick which frames show up for that system, and being prepared is extremely important. But I digress

The main issue with the incarnon adapter weekly cycle is that it forces people to wait multiple weeks or over a month (now) to get a weapon they either missed out on prior, or didn't choose the first time around. This frustrates people who put aside time, probably on their limited time off, to work toward this goal. Now obviously the time-gate in this instance is to keep the content 'active' because if people are trying to get the 'next' incarnon they will keep logging on to grind through it. However there is one key issue with how it is being done if the intent were simply to make sure the content wasn't instantly farmable you don't need a weekly cycle, you just need a weekly time-gate to farm two adapters.

What I mean is rather than have specific weapons listed each week (thus time-gating people who want a specific weapon for several weeks to a month+), you could've simply offered two adapters of your choice per week.

This way people who work and people who have excessive time to play both benefit, and at the same time, your content remains active.

Now I'm sure there will be an ocean of replies saying 'but then people will only farm the good incarnons' and that is true, but all you have to do to solve for that is make all of the incarnons good. DE has the usage/acquisition data for incarnons, and I'm sure they can figure out which ones need help over time. If all of the incarnon options available are good most players will go after them, and the content will remain active.

Its a win win. It also makes adding new incarnon options later on extremely easy, as you won't need to say, code a weekly reset to change gear options.

100%.

Most players are complacent with sprinkling these things in, but eventually it becomes tiresome. It's sad that people are arguing with each other about the severe time-gating when neither party's best interests are in mind from the developments they are arguing about.

25 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

The Stalker weapons have an incarnon perk if you equip them all at the same time.

If you wanted to use that perk you'd have to carry around a fairly weak weapon for 6 weeks.

Ah yes, the perk that crashes your game at the moment.

With how heavy the time-gating is, getting "ahead" on the shortest weekly list of offerings isn't really doing anything.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, Nox_Terminus said:

Anything else aside, and despite the fact that I really enjoy the Circuit as it stands, I still firmly think this would be a better approach.

What I actually think would be the best approach is allow someone to get an Incarnon Genesis "token" every five tiers. These can be traded for the Incarnons with Teshin in the Cave. You can exchange only two tokens per week -- you can earn as many tokens as you want, but you're still only getting two Incarnons per week. That way, people who have, like a week of vacation and really want some Incarnons can pre-grind out some extra tokens on their week off, and have them available on a week when they can't play much -- traveling for work, family are visiting, exam time at school, whatever -- so that they can still get their two Incarnon adapters for that week.

Like with steel essence and Imitation Store-Brand Teshin Substitute ("Contains No Actual Teshin! Allergy Safe!") over in Conclave, or riven shards and Palladino in Iron Wake. You can earn the currency ahead-of-time, but you're only getting two rivens from Palladino per week, no matter how many riven shards you have. You're only getting one of whatever Imitation Teshin's weekly offering is -- endo, rivens, Umbra forma blueprint, etc. Or for that matter, like trading in Entrati tokens or Voidplumes for the appropriate syndicate's standing; you can earn the tokens/plumes ahead of time, but you can only turn in a certain number of them before you hit your daily rep cap.

The earning of the currency is not time-gated, but the spending of it is.

And while I know limiting spending isn't a popular decision either -- witness the howls of dismay and outrage over limiting kuva and relic pack purchases in the Steel Path Honors shop -- demonstrably it is something DE wants, as they don't want folks to have all the Incarnons immediately. And within that context, I do feel like it's more flexible/forgiving than the current, especially to folks who do not consistently have the same amount of time to play the game each week.

But that's... honestly a topic for a whole different thread, probably, not this one. (Or, y'know, a topic for roughly a fifth of the entire Circuit Feedback forum, measured by volume...)

Edited by Packetdancer
  • Like 2

i actually don't mind. i've also have ignored Circuit for Incarnons the first week, it really didn't excite me much. i get to have the full set this week of despair, dread and hate. so unlike others, i welcome this bug.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thosha said:

As a fellow founder...there has been WAY buggy issues that have happened, (I agree with Ryuurei), and THEY FIXED THEM. I do not for the life of me understand why people who have 0 clue at code or any other type of computer information Instantly pick apart a company that is 100% free to play....if you want to complain (You know who you are). then stop playing this game, please.

You can't infinitely cash out on the same good will from a bygone era of the game. If DE wants to maintain a positive track record with how players are treated, they need to uphold that continuously, not just when it suits them to cash out on a bit of positive PR after a disastrous update (cough Primed Chamber cough). Decisions like Regal Aya (which they almost intentionally launched as a bad deal), Archon Shards, and Duviri's excessive time-gating isn't the golden ticket here. Lots of players here have been around for the Tenebrous Ephemera, the original state of Railjack gear RNG, pre-fusion Kuva weapons, and more. DE is well aware of what is player friendly and what is not. They are a veteran in the industry.

DE should learning from previous mistakes, especially when the game is 10 years old this year, not still continuing to repeat things we've seen for years. This "reset" issue has happened to Archon Hunts, Nightwave several times, Sorties when they had a rewards checklist and seasons, and it's probably happened elsewhere before.

You can appreciate the most fair fix given for the situation and simultaneously call out the poor management of content overall that has resulted in the situation to begin with. Both are fair, just, and a given at this point.

Also a "free" game only refers to a price tag to make an account. We are in an era where all games seek to suck as much time out of you as possible so you are more likely to keep your wallet in their ecosystem. "Free to play" isn't a free pass from scrutiny.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 10

very lame take on even attempting to fix this problem that isn't intended to be a thing and all the people that waited the time for the proper weapons to appear have wasted their time prepping for their incarnon resources and its the buggiest week of weapons as well, there shouldn't be a worry of fixing the rotation and people getting 4 incarnons including week 6 and week 1's because it should be owed for making this mistake and the fact that we have to wait another week for week 1 is very unfair when it was intended to be this weeks.

• Like 4

Hey, if you're going to stick with another week of Rotation 6, are you at least going to change the fact that 3 out of the 5 Rotation 6 weapons are either broken or a pain to use? 

Are you going to fix the Zylok being negatively affected by Multishot and having Line of Sight restrictions on the explosion?

Are you going to fix the Sibear not creating a cold field on kill?

Are you going to fix the Hate creating self-staggering projectiles that you failed to even mention at all in the description of its Incarnon Genesis Adapter with every single swing? 🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CrustySockPuppet said:

Hey, if you're going to stick with another week of Rotation 6, are you at least going to change the fact that 3 out of the 5 Rotation 6 weapons are either broken or a pain to use? 

Are you going to fix the Zylok being negatively affected by Multishot and having Line of Sight restrictions on the explosion?

Are you going to fix the Hate creating self-staggering projectiles that you failed to even mention at all in the description of its Incarnon Genesis Adapter with every single swing? 🙂

Yes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CrustySockPuppet said:

Hate fix is coming with next update

17 minutes ago, --N-- said:

Yes.

15 minutes ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

Hate fix is coming with next update

That is my point.
The fixes are coming in the next large-scale update, which we don't have a solid release date for as of yet.
If they're going to keep Rotation 6 for another week because they messed up, they should at least fix the bugs in a hotfix that come with the Rotation while it's here or at least let us know that that's what they're doing.
I don't care if it's going back on their word. Fix what's already there, then push more out.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Sannidor said:

You're not contributing anything by insulting rightfully disappointed players.

Anything else aside... yeah, this.

I mean, sure, I can get the disappointment; I am disappointed because I was looking forward to Week 1 more than I wanted Hate and the Zylok, but I figure it's not the end of the world.

Admittedly we aren't missing Week 1, and I get why DE can't realistically roll out a client change that allows you to grab two sets of Incarnon weapons in a week. (Because, again, rolling it out without testing runs the risk of breaking things further, and testing a change like that runs the risk of it not being able to be rolled out until like... Friday.)

And even if they could, I think not trying to pack two runs of the Circuit into a week is probably for the best, considering how some folks burn out on it; if folks had to finish out their Stalker weapon (round 2) tiers and then rush another ten tiers later in the week to get their Week 1 weapons if they didn't want to miss out... that's a lot of Circuit, even by the standards of someone who really enjoys it and will willingly play it after getting her Incarnons for the week.

(Plus, I think we'd have a lot of angry threads about DE not respecting player time and "making folks grind double the Circuit in a week due to a bug" and whatnot.)

But even taking all that into account, it is also completely understandable that people who were really keen on getting stuff from Week 1 are going to feel disappointed and let down. Especially if they missed Week 1 the first time around, due to not being able to play much that week, not enough time between Duviri release and the first weekly reset, bad luck with Steel Circuit groups, whatever. Being insulting to folks and/or trying to pretend their disappointment is invalid is not gonna really be helpful.

I mean, we don't know what folks' situation might be. Sure, some might just be impatient. Others might have something going on next week -- traveling, exams, family stuff, whatever -- that means with Week 1 bumped out a week they're going to miss their chance on Week 1 incarnons. And if they missed them on the first time around too, missing them a second time has got to really sting.

Whether or not some of the solutions people propose are feasible -- and I suspect many (or most) aren't, due to both time constraint and the freezing of client builds in preparation for the next update -- that doesn't change the fact that some people being disappointed in the situation is completely understandable.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, -Ryuurei- said:

And what would such a "fairer" solution be? Lets go over the options real quick:

let people that have not massively progressed / completed circuit select a free normal warframe of their choice, minus the perks that usually come with buying it from the store ? throw in a few random arcanes, will call that fair.

1 hour ago, BansheePrime said:

The duality of warframe.

normal mode and steel path, steelpath the stalker weapon collection people want, normal mode Hydroid the worst warframe in the entire game gets to be a reward for 2 weeks !! and Limbo one of the most loathed frames in the game except by Limbo mains that love his unique flavor of cheddar !

Animated GIFtotal recall film GIF

1 hour ago, Stormandreas said:

I'm sorry... but no...

It was obviously bugged, if people started progressing on it, that's kinda on them to risk

I completely agree with this statement, the rewards that were supposed to be for this week should have been put into rotation and people who started it should be punished not people that waited for it to be fixed !!!!

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tenno!

Sunday night, we confirmed reports that the Circuit rotation did not roll over and was a duplicate of the previous rotation.

After discussing a resolution this morning, the team has decided to keep this week as a duplicate, as many of you are working towards those rewards and wish to continue. Next week it will rotate as intended.

Apologies for the blip in the rotations!

* To clarify some confusion, the next rotation will be Week 1 rewards.

classic

2 hours ago, InfiniteNothingness said:

Well, that's disappointing. I was looking forward to using the Paris Prime with the Riven I just rolled for it. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)les2zamours said:

Plenty of people who consciously engaged in something buggy. 

I would have preferred the rotation reset myself. I'm not surprised they went this way once people had started their grind it's significantly more complex to put logic in that would have made everyone happy. I too had pre-built Paris having not chosen it first week and have no particular use for buggy Zylok but on the other hand I would have made exactly the same picks six weeks from now even if zylok doesn't get fixed by then. Missing week 1 due to repeating week 6 would be worse since you need many more dup incarnons from week 1. Of course all this could be solved by allowing you to pick any two incarnons in any week maintaining the time gate for getting them all without the current inflexibility. Six weeks is already long enough to wait for something to come around again and new incarnons will no doubt be made, so I hope the plan is to start stacking new ones into the same rotation not adding ever more rotations to hold them.

• Like 1