Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Circuit Reward Offerings This Week + Next

[DE]Megan

8 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Best by which metric? 50% of the weapon variants are exclusive to the first 2 weeks of the reward structure. You'll have all the weapons from weeks 4 and 6 well before you earn the variants from weeks 1, 2, 3, and 5.

Honestly I would say that any of the weeks would be the "best" week to redo....simply because as most players don't care that much about completionism to want 4 copies of the braton incarnon genesis for every variant they can look at it as a "break" week where they don't have to grind as much to "be done with it" for that week (as they so lovingly put playing the new mode).

The thing that makes week 6 attractive though is the "set" bonuses for the stalker gear that requires all the gear in order to function....and this just makes getting the full set much faster.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)les2zamours said:

Dude read a whole paragraph and his only reaction was to white-knight his way out of it. Such an interesting and eye-opening answer you gave here my dude, congrats!

iF yOu DoNt LiKe iT DoNt pLaY it 🥴🤕

Maybe if you behaved in a more mature manner you would get more mature replies to your posts?

Beyond that if you are getting burned out on something or not enjoying something it is valid advice to just step back and take a break.
You don't have to "force" yourself through the stuff in a game....

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, -Ryuurei- said:

And what would such a "fairer" solution be? Lets go over the options real quick:

• They change the rotation to week 1, everybody has to pick again. This is unfair to people who didn't acquire anything from the duplicate rotation already.
    • They do this but take away the incarnons earned during the dupe, this is unfair to those who put in the time and effort already.
  • They change the rotation to week 1, but anyone who has selected their incarnons already is locked out of picking the week 1 stuff. This is unfair to those who picked stuff already, as they are now locked out of them for another full rotation.

By leaving this week as is, and simply delaying the rotation to next week, everybody gets a fair and equal chance at the dupe rotation and the week 1 stuff, next week.

You will not have to wait "7 WEEKS, ALMOST 2 MONTHS", you will have to "wait" 1 week, during which you can instead get 2 more week 6 incarnons.

(also this is hardly the buggiest or least playable update, if you are a 7 year veteran you should remember Specters of the Rail and Empyrean)

Firstly, Empirean isn't worse. Secondly, people knowingly exploited a bug, if they do it, they must accept the consequences. Thirdly, they could have had an exceptional two rotations week, or.... guess what... come close, hear me out... GET RID OF THIS TIME-GATED RANDOM SELECTION AND LET US CHOOSE 2-3 ADAPTERS A WEEK AMONGST THE WHOLE LIST.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Rage_Inducer said:

So it's the worst fix because week 1 was too buggy for you and after being a veteran for 7 years, waiting 7 more days is too much.

Incredible, very useful.

But do share how keeping this week's rotation is less fair than changing it.
If anything, changing it now would be unfair to the people that didn't rush to get a second helping of week 6.

And taking incarnons away from people that did rush it would be taking away something they earned even if it showed up thanks to a bug.

Leaving it be for a week is the best option.

You claim to have all this time in warframe but you're complaining over 7 days while casually forgetting Specters of the Fail, Railjack on release or Plains of Eidolon on release which were considerably worse for many more reasons... some of which managed to linger to this day imho.

I do not care how much time you say you have when the maturity of your comment demonstrates otherwise.

Dude talks about maturity, dont got that far my man, you're just pretending according to your standards of maturity, we're talking about a bug, right? Best course of action is to fix the damn bug, people knew from the start what it was, so that's on them.

2 minutes ago, LittleLeonie said:

I don't know what part of your brain turned 7 days into 7 weeks, but alright~

you got such a short memory you forgot what I wrote seconds after you read it. xd

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, (PSN)les2zamours said:

that's by far the worst solution you could have came up with, I'm guessing you didn't want to put in any work towards a fairer solution.

No, this is THE fairest. This way everyone gets to get their Stalker weapons in one go, not just the lucky few who managed to run it in time. This way there's also no rollback shenanigans. People's efforts don't get invalidated, and people don't feel skipped over because they weren't able to log on in time to "utilize" this duplication.

48 minutes ago, (PSN)les2zamours said:

By the way, this has been the buggiest update ever, and that's coming from a 7 years veteran.

You may not have been paying attention during the Railjack release then. It was/is buggy for sure, but not "the buggiest update ever", and it's not even close.

49 minutes ago, (PSN)les2zamours said:

So now, just because you decided to time-gate weapons on a 6 weeks rotation (never saw such time-gate, and I played a lot of different games)

7 Year veteran has never heard of Operation Plague Star. Interesting.

50 minutes ago, (PSN)les2zamours said:

I will have to wait 7 WEEKS, ALMOST 2 MONTHS, for a damn Braton and Paris.

I get it, the wait absolutely sucks. I agree. I was genuinely looking forward to getting my hands on the Paris after picking Skana last time and finding it extremely underwhelming. But to say that this is unfair is quite ridiculous. It's frustrating, not ridiculous, nor unfair.

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, Thosha said:

As a fellow founder...there has been WAY buggy issues that have happened, (I agree with Ryuurei), and THEY FIXED THEM. I do not for the life of me understand why people who have 0 clue at code or any other type of computer information Instantly pick apart a company that is 100% free to play....if you want to complain (You know who you are). then stop playing this game, please.

"Be a professional victim on twitter"

No one cares that Warframe is free to play, it doesn't mean anything, they're funded by TENCENT my man, they have backup, plus, the game goes farther and farther as time goes by to make us buy stuff, forgot about prime resurgence or atlas PA, didn't you? 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, ShadonicX7543 said:

I just think it's a little sad that those who missed week 1 rewards because they took their time enjoying the quest and open world slowly or didn't start day 1 are losing because greedy people want double rewards for week 6. It seems a bit unfair because a LOT of people missed week 1 for a wholesome reason and are being punished TWICE for it because some people just want more and more of stuff they shouldn't even have yet. :/

Oh noooooo, you have to wait 1 more week, this must be the greedy evil players destroying your poor life to the very last atom of it... Tragic indeed...

• Like 7

1 minute ago, JariWeis said:

No, this is THE fairest. This way everyone gets to get their Stalker weapons in one go, not just the lucky few who managed to run it in time. This way there's also no rollback shenanigans. People's efforts don't get invalidated, and people don't feel skipped over because they weren't able to log on in time to "utilize" this duplication.

You may not have been paying attention during the Railjack release then. It was/is buggy for sure, but not "the buggiest update ever", and it's not even close.

7 Year veteran has never heard of Operation Plague Star. Interesting.

I get it, the wait absolutely sucks. I agree. I was genuinely looking forward to getting my hands on the Paris after picking Skana last time and finding it extremely underwhelming. But to say that this is unfair is quite ridiculous. It's frustrating, not ridiculous, nor unfair.

I think Duviri was worse than railjack if you account for the delayed release date, also, after Railjack, they should know better, learn from their mistakes. Operation Plague Star was their first open world event. Duviri isn't their first time releasing this kind of update in size.

They could have offered us a special double week rotation, add week 1 on top of it, and we all get to pick 4 incarnons if we can, how cool would that have been? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Honestly I would say that any of the weeks would be the "best" week to redo....simply because as most players don't care that much about completionism to want 4 copies of the braton incarnon genesis for every variant they can look at it as a "break" week where they don't have to grind as much to "be done with it" for that week (as they so lovingly put playing the new mode).

The thing that makes week 6 attractive though is the "set" bonuses for the stalker gear that requires all the gear in order to function....and this just makes getting the full set much faster.

For sure. I'm a completionist so that's just how I see it. Again, ideally this system wouldn't be so heavily time-gated and better structured without all these bugs, but with how this is being handled, DE is taking a fair approach for everyone, whether they earned Tier 10 last night or were waiting for official statements. Nobody is double dipping, and nobody is missing out from locking in rewards.

7 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Maybe if you behaved in a more mature manner you would get more mature replies to your posts?

That matters less than you think.

9 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Get rid of the rotations. Let us have equipment that we want and will actually have fun with. Nobody asked for this system, and you clearly didn't care enough about it to even internally test it.

I doubt you will get anywhere asking to remove such heavy time-gating. This is how Warframe is now. The game it used to be is no more. However, they could absolutely be doing more to make the time-gates not feel so awful as outlined heavily throughout this post:

I also want to agree with you that the incompetence to manage these basic things is becoming unbearable. The fact so many Incarnon Evolutions don't work properly or just outright crash the game is sad.

• Like 6

Well, this sucks. Really wanted that braton

But, on the other hand, ppl who wanted to collect the whole incarnon stalker set have on opportunity to collect it way faster. On third hand, stalker scythe still has self-stagger, so more ppl will expirence it and become frustrated of it

• Like 2

I mean, yes that's the fairest option and simplest one, what were you expecting ? A circuit reset where people that played for hours already keep their stuff while the others would potentially miss them ?

Like, it's literally a week away, I also wanted my Braton incarnon cause I picked skana & Paris, but hey, I haven't played braton since december 2013, I can wait a couple days again, so do you.

• Like 4

Not to mention, Voltage offered a nice solution there: 

"

1. Players who choose from the Week 6 pool again double dipping rewards for the week and allow to earn 10 Tiers of rewards (Normal and/or Steel Path) twice in 1 week, circumventing the weekly restriction. 

"

Oh wait, is that a fairer answer to this problem? 

Early grinders get rewarded for their dedication and the rest of the crowd which was waiting for Week 1 gets it. 

Anyways, when DE has made a decision, you can shout to the Moon and back and they still wouldn't hear otherwise, I am done. 

Edited by (PSN)les2zamours
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, LittleLeonie said:

I don't know what part of your brain turned 7 days into 7 weeks, but alright~

I think they meant "I missed the first week, and was going to have to wait 6 weeks for another shot at those Incarnons, and now I have to wait 7 weeks, which is almost two months."  And I think you meant "there's only one week until you get a shot at week 1 adapters again, which is only 7 days".

In which case, you're both technically right ("The Best Kind of Right"™); you're just kind of getting the communication wires crossed.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, (PSN)les2zamours said:

"

1. Players who choose from the Week 6 pool again double dipping rewards for the week and allow to earn 10 Tiers of rewards (Normal and/or Steel Path) twice in 1 week, circumventing the weekly restriction. 

"

Early grinders get rewarded for their dedication and the rest of the crowd which was waiting for Week 1 gets it. 

Anyways, when DE has made a decision, you can shout to the Moon and back and they still wouldn't hear otherwise, I am done. 

I simply listed the potential fixes. DE went with "option 2" in my list, and while it's not going to sit well with everyone, it is the most fair. I don't like the time-gating, and the bug shouldn't have taken place at all, but there needs to be recognition here that DE implemented the most fair solution given the situation.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, (PSN)les2zamours said:

"

"

(Side note: your quoted text is basically unreadable in dark mode.)

That might be a "fairer" answer to the problem, but it's also an answer which almost certainly requires changing the game client code to support it. The game is not built to let you pick a set of rewards twice in a week; I would bet actual money, not just in-game credits, that there is zero capability to have people get a new set of weekly rewards upon finishing one tier out.

Thus, picking that option would also almost certainly mean writing a bunch of new code, testing the new code, submitting the new code to the various consoles and getting the build certified (which can take a while anyway), and then rolling it out... by which point, the week might be over and the solution would be irrelevant -- we would've just functionally ended up repeating the week anyway.

(And that's without working in the fact that with the Update Formerly Known As "Echoes of Duviri just ahead, they've frozen hotfixes because they don't want to mess up the certification schedule for consoles for that update.)

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Mediloric said:

It's really not that big of a deal people... It's just a week... calm down lol.

It is not about the week itself, it is about this bug exacerbating the real issue, this time-gate is unnecessary, frustrating, and S#&$. it would take 18 weeks to get all Incarnon, 4 damned months, let's just not imagine the process if they added more incarnons... oh WAIT, THEY ARE DOING IT. 

• Like 2

I'm sorry... but no...

It was obviously bugged, if people started progressing on it, that's kinda on them to risk that. I and many others were looking forward to recieving week 1's stuff again in a normal rotation, and yet because of the spaghetti code that this game is somehow holding together on, your weekly rotation breaks (but works on literally everything else?)

• Like 8

I believe the outrage isn't entirely unwarranted, but rather than simply scream into the void I believe it is a good idea to reflect upon why some people are annoyed at this decision.

The reason is fairly simple because its all about time. Initially it was fairly rudimentary stuff you'd expect to see, build times, reputation & focus daily caps. Nothing too ridiculous. So time-gates aren't a new thing to Warframe but I believe this current trend started with the Eidolon day/night cycle.

• The Helminth system itself
  • Invigorations
  • Archon Shards
  • Steel Path Circuit Grind
  • Incarnon Adapter Options

When many people began playing warframe, farming a specific piece of gear was all about knowing where it dropped and preparing the gear capable of doing that content. It was pretty simple and straightforward. This means that people who work most of the week could still access that content without having to try and cram an excessively long farming run into a single day of play. Following Eidolons more things have been placed behind time-gates, and while it may not have seemed as prevalent back then its gotten kind of silly now.

For example doing the math on Archon Shards, even taking the pity system into account it will take several years to get five tauforged shards on each frame, even more if the output of new frames goes back to four per year. This heavily extended period of time ignores that one third of the shards acquired would be azure shards which are the weakest of all three types. Now obviously there are other systems or methods of acquisition which may be added in time, but this did make many people rather dubious on new systems. Specifically because time-gates like these are the kind you'd see in games trying to stretch 'content' as much as possible. With newer systems becoming more and more extreme in the span of time required to 'complete' all of it. Now the funny part about Archon Shards is prior people would say 'well you don't need five tauforged shards on each frame' but with the Steel Path Circuit system, now you kind of do, because you don't get to pick which frames show up for that system, and being prepared is extremely important. But I digress

The main issue with the incarnon adapter weekly cycle is that it forces people to wait multiple weeks or over a month (now) to get a weapon they either missed out on prior, or didn't choose the first time around. This frustrates people who put aside time, probably on their limited time off, to work toward this goal. Now obviously the time-gate in this instance is to keep the content 'active' because if people are trying to get the 'next' incarnon they will keep logging on to grind through it. However there is one key issue with how it is being done if the intent were simply to make sure the content wasn't instantly farmable you don't need a weekly cycle, you just need a weekly time-gate to farm two adapters.

What I mean is rather than have specific weapons listed each week (thus time-gating people who want a specific weapon for several weeks to a month+), you could've simply offered two adapters of your choice per week.

This way people who work and people who have excessive time to play both benefit, and at the same time, your content remains active.

Now I'm sure there will be an ocean of replies saying 'but then people will only farm the good incarnons' and that is true, but all you have to do to solve for that is make all of the incarnons good. DE has the usage/acquisition data for incarnons, and I'm sure they can figure out which ones need help over time. If all of the incarnon options available are good most players will go after them, and the content will remain active.

Its a win win. It also makes adding new incarnon options later on extremely easy, as you won't need to say, code a weekly reset to change gear options.

Edited by Nox_Terminus
typo
  • Like 8

Just now, (PSN)les2zamours said:

It is not about the week itself, it is about this bug exacerbating the real issue, this time-gate is unnecessary, frustrating, and S#&$. it would take 18 weeks to get all Incarnon, 4 damned months, let's just not imagine the process if they added more incarnons... oh WAIT, THEY ARE DOING IT. 

The bug doesn't actually change the time-to-obtain for the Incarnons, though.

If you're being completionist and want all of them, this is just functionally moving the final Week 6 to this week. You actually will get the last Week 6 Incarnon at the end of next rotation (and if you don't want a spare of one of them, hey, then you only need to go to tier 5 that week!), and then when you hit Week 5 of the final rotation you'll have all the (current) Incarnon Genesis adapters.

It's still a total of 18 weeks; the order of the weeks just got a tiny bit shuffled.

• Like 6