Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Circuit Reward Offerings This Week + Next

[DE]Megan

another solution would be BONUS reroll on Wednesday night?

that gives people who started it time to finish and lets people that wanted this weeks intended rewards time to get them too!!

WIN WIN ?

BUT only if they act pretty fast ! on this tbh.

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

that gives people who started it time to finish and lets people that wanted this weeks intended rewards time to get them too!!

WIN WIN ?

could also be a nice solution. Plenty of ways they could have gone about this with a some effort 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, (PSN)les2zamours said:

that's by far the worst solution you could have came up with, I'm guessing you didn't want to put in any work towards a fairer solution. See, I was unable to get my week 1 Incarnons because the update was the so buggy I literally couldn't play enough, because I work. By the way, this has been the buggiest update ever, and that's coming from a 7 years veteran. So now, just because you decided to time-gate weapons on a 6 weeks rotation (never saw such time-gate, and I played a lot of different games), I will have to wait 7 WEEKS, ALMOST 2 MONTHS, for a damn Braton and Paris. We were a lot to wait for week 1, I know that for a fact, oh well, one more bug to add the pile. 

Thank you DE, such a blast to play this game.

Its just an extra week calm down lol.
I had no problem getting my circuit done these last 6 weeks.
I just played with 1/2 friends and we'd do like 10-20 stages at a time

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (PSN)les2zamours said:

They could have offered us a special double week rotation, add week 1 on top of it, and we all get to pick 4 incarnons if we can, how cool would that have been? 

Do you have ANY concept how much development time and QA time it would take to implement and test that?  It wouldn't even happen this week, AND it would end up pushing back Kullervo.  It was never going to happen.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

ts just an extra week calm down lol.

I play Warframe now and again but circuit had me hooked. I look both Limbo or Hydroid up and don't want either of them and I got Mirage last week so this week I probably won't be playing. 

Okay maybe other stuff I could be doing but I was happy with this for now.

38 minutes ago, CrustySockPuppet said:

That is my point.
The fixes are coming in the next large-scale update, which we don't have a solid release date for as of yet.
If they're going to keep Rotation 6 for another week because they messed up, they should at least fix the bugs in a hotfix that come with the Rotation while it's here or at least let us know that that's what they're doing.
I don't care if it's going back on their word. Fix what's already there, then push more out.

The reason they're bundling the fixes in with the next update is that they're code fixes and require a cert build. They can't just hotfix them.

2 minutes ago, --N-- said:

The reason they're bundling the fixes in with the next update is that they're code fixes and require a cert build. They can't just hotfix them.

I am curious, with the cross play tech they have I assume they can't just hotfix PC anymore on a whim anymore ? since that dosn't require any kinda of certification ?

2 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

I am curious, with the cross play tech they have I assume they can't just hotfix PC anymore on a whim anymore ? since that dosn't require any kinda of certification ?

They want to make sure client versions always match to prevent weird edge cases, so the updates are done in sync now.

Edited by HazelMeade

18 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

do you and other people wo respond realize that its not just an extra week compared to how the rotations work? On top of the implementation and various gameplay dispositions people are in that might have affected access to doing the circuit? Sure you had no problems, but many others didn't and its a fact that this update has been buggy since launch discouraging people from accessing and completing circuit tiers.  Its a mindset that applies your own experiences to everyone else's and makes a judgment based off that.  

3 hours ago, -Krism- said:

If you think it's such a chore, don't bother playing

top tier most worthwhile response ever 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, _Anise_ said:

Yes, crossplay is the reason updates have to be synced.

But even if that wasn't the case, it's not a given that they'd drop everything they're doing with the next update, grab the old (live) version, and then backport the fixes to it. It's a lot of extra effort.

25 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

WIN WIN ?

Sure, but I don't think "only if they act pretty fast on this" has any possible way to be fast enough, given that this sort of solution almost certainly requires at least server-side code changes, and quite possibly also client-side ones. And that's without taking into account what that does to Steel Circuit progression. I mean...

• People who want the week 1 ones missing out on three days of being able to do Steel Circuit would probably still be angry.
    • Lots of people complain that they have issues getting to tier 10 in random pub groups as it is in a week; cutting it in half and making you do it in four days doesn't seem like it would improve that situation.
    • If someone can only do Circuit on Sunday evenings (as at least one person in this thread has mentioned is the case for them), you're basically telling them "nah, you don't get to do Week 1 at all."
    • If you solve that issue by still making Week 1 so that folks have a chance to get those, people who are eager for Week 2 incarnons (like, say, the Latron) will just be the unhappy ones complaining that Week 1 shouldn't get doubled. (Also, at that point... you're just basically doing the current solution of Week 1 next week, only with more work and potential to go wrong.)
    • Can you honestly tell me there's any combination of a shortened Week 1 and/or one-extra-week that wouldn't lead to people complaining?
  • Even leaving aside the previous point, I really doubt the Circuit currently has any way to actually do this; allowing a mid-week reset could quite likely require changes to the client.
    • Either they roll out the changes quickly and without testing -- which, given how people are saying in this thread everything should be better tested, would not be a great choice -- or they take the time to do it well and test it, at which point it might not be able to be rolled out until Friday or Saturday, giving you only 1-2 days for Week 1 incarnons prior to reset. I can see that being a super popular scenario.
    • I suspect the changes would be of the sort that would require recertification on consoles, though obviously not knowing the game's innards none of us can say for sure. So even if they did the changes quickly and didn't test them, getting a build certified for console release can take several days, so it might still not be able to be pushed out right away. And again, getting the Week 1 reset on, like, Friday and having only Friday evening through Sunday afternoon to do Week 1 might not be a popular scenario.
    • They already froze client builds because they're prepping the (definitely needing certification) next major build. Doing a new client build and getting certification could make that update get bumped out further.

They would have to basically drop everything else, rush the build to try to get it out in time to actually leave any time in the week to still earn the week 1 Incarnons, and even if that all worked out perfectly, I would bet you actual cash money that there'd immediately be at least three new threads in the Circuit feedback forum complaining that DE isn't respecting people's time by making them grind out the week's Incarnons in only a couple of days if they don't want to miss out.

(Moreover, those threads would kinda be right.)

Waiting an extra week is maybe disappointing... but it really, honestly does seem to me like kinda the best of a set of bad options. At the very least, it makes sure that people who want Week 1 incarnons will, in fact, have an entire week to go through the Circuit to get them.

Even if that week is next week rather than this one.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

Who cares about you having enough time to do the circuit? Many couldn't, the first week was so buggy and was halved because of the update date drop. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tenno!

Sunday night, we confirmed reports that the Circuit rotation did not roll over and was a duplicate of the previous rotation.

After discussing a resolution this morning, the team has decided to keep this week as a duplicate, as many of you are working towards those rewards and wish to continue. Next week it will rotate as intended.

Apologies for the blip in the rotations!

* To clarify some confusion, the next rotation will be Week 1 rewards.

This is a pretty frustrating solution given that many people wanted to grind other things from the circuit and are now postponed because of a select few who had access at the time.  I don't see the issue with just rotating the weeks anyways, if people abused a bugged rotation for early access that's on them and not the rest of the playerbase. Not only that but warframes didn't even rotate either. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

Correct. Due to the introduction of crossplay, all releases -- across all the consoles and PC -- need to be synchronized, meaning that PC releases are constrained by console certification times.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HazelMeade said:

Do you have ANY concept how much development time and QA time it would take to implement and test that?  It wouldn't even happen this week, AND it would end up pushing back Kullervo.  It was never going to happen.

I am not sure it is that big of a deal, but oh well, I aint no dev.

Back to solution number one, FIX the BUG? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (PSN)les2zamours said:

I am not sure it is that big of a deal, but oh well, I aint no dev.

Back to solution number one, FIX the BUG? 

Bug is already fixed: Next week it will rotate as intended.

Definitely the best solution. Though this thread is an interesting read as I have no idea how anyone could think this isn't the correct course of action as far as keeping things fair is concerned.

Especially as any more convoluted solution would end up being unfair for those without the time to invest in something like a double rotation and unfair to those who might miss that entirely. Plus even without crossplay having killed quick PC patches a more convoluted solution would take some days to deploy and would end up being unfair to console players regardless.

And even if they went and removed the rotation system entirely you're now talking about a complete rework of the system. Which would take far longer for them to push out while we'd still need to address the broken rotation regardless. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, --N-- said:

Bug is already fixed: Next week it will rotate as intended.

Lmao that's literally not a fix. How can you be so clueless? 

9 minutes ago, trst said:

Definitely the best solution. Though this thread is an interesting read as I have no idea how anyone could think this isn't the correct course of action as far as keeping things fair is concerned.

Especially as any more convoluted solution would end up being unfair for those without the time to invest in something like a double rotation and unfair to those who might miss that entirely. Plus even without crossplay having killed quick PC patches a more convoluted solution would take some days to deploy and would end up being unfair to console players regardless.

And even if they went and removed the rotation system entirely you're now talking about a complete rework of the system. Which would take far longer for them to push out while we'd still need to address the broken rotation regardless. 

That might be my last mentioning THAT IT IS A BUG, ANYONE WHO INTERACTS WITH A BUG MUST NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANYTHING. seriously.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SocccPrime said:

This is a pretty frustrating solution given that many people wanted to grind other things from the circuit and are now postponed because of a select few who had access at the time.  I don't see the issue with just rotating the weeks anyways, if people abused a bugged rotation for early access that's on them and not the rest of the playerbase. Not only that but warframes didn't even rotate either. 

The people accountable here are DE, not separate types of players. This is the most fair solution so that nobody is ahead or missing out on either abusing or being abused by the bug. It's pretty clear.

DE had one of three options:

1. Let Week 6 rotate through an extra time and reset next Sunday to week 1.
  2. Let Week 6 rotate through an extra time and reset next Sunday to week 2 to maintain the cycle schedule.
  3. Force Week 1 rotation and allow some players to double dip 10 tiers of rewards twice between two rotations while also not allowing the full 7 days to be farmed before Sunday.

Option 1 is the most fair. There really aren't any better alternatives.

I'm someone who's incredibly vocal when it comes to things that don't respect players. What Megan posted is in fact the best solution and we should be talking about that and holding this standard for current and future issues. 

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 17

28 minutes ago, Packetdancer said:

Sure, but I don't think "only if they act pretty fast on this" has any possible way to be fast enough,

can they just flip a switch ? would they have done that at hour 1 ? even given people had already started on it ? or is it more complicated ? I can only guess.

what I mean is if they bark "we are doing it" this gives them 2 whole days to get it ready, I am sure it can't be that hard todo what they plan to do on sunday night but in 2 days instead of 6?

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, -Ryuurei- said:

And what would such a "fairer" solution be? Lets go over the options real quick:

• They change the rotation to week 1, everybody has to pick again. This is unfair to people who didn't acquire anything from the duplicate rotation already.
    • They do this but take away the incarnons earned during the dupe, this is unfair to those who put in the time and effort already.
  • They change the rotation to week 1, but anyone who has selected their incarnons already is locked out of picking the week 1 stuff. This is unfair to those who picked stuff already, as they are now locked out of them for another full rotation.

By leaving this week as is, and simply delaying the rotation to next week, everybody gets a fair and equal chance at the dupe rotation and the week 1 stuff, next week.

You will not have to wait "7 WEEKS, ALMOST 2 MONTHS", you will have to "wait" 1 week, during which you can instead get 2 more week 6 incarnons.

(also this is hardly the buggiest or least playable update, if you are a 7 year veteran you should remember Specters of the Rail and Empyrean)

I would suggest that Perfect Fairness isn't particularly important

and instead the priority should be focused on Inconveniencing the Least number of people.

So: reset the rotation and let everyone pick again. this means the Majority of players don't get a disrupted schedule.

Yes, this means a few hardcore gamers who ground out everything first night get double rewards; but its a PVE game and I don't care about a few getting a bonus. That's a lesser evil vers inconveniencing Everyone Else