Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Circuit Reward Offerings This Week + Next

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, (PSN)les2zamours said:

people drop the game because they get bored, as Warframe doesn't offer sustainable content, it has been known for years. Fortuna happened and 3 weeks later people were already burnt out, for an update that took months and months of dev time. Duviri is in reality no different, we only farming for adapters because they're so bottlenecked that it will take months to have them all. If adapters weren't time-gated, people would already have dropped it completely. 

Yes? That's more or less the point I was making and the reason we're seeing more weekly content.

Because players stop playing after they get bored, finish the content, get all they care to get out of an update, or refuse to engage with it until it becomes a hard requirement DE has to resort to more time gating to prolong player engagement between updates. All games, especially ones in the live service space, have and use this to some extent as they're all 100% reliant on regular player engagement and players will always consume content faster than devs can make it unless they're somehow slowed down.

11 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

1) Because there is no other realistic solution. So we gotta pick out of those the most fair one. Which one is it? If you hate option 1, you would probably be ok with option 2.
Otherwise give us your fair solution.

2) Can you quote me, where I defended the bugs? I never said it's ok. I never said it's fine. I never defended any of those bugs. Yes there is a lot of bugs and YES it's unacceptable and yes I hate when there are bugs. Is that what you want to hear?

It doesn't change anything about the fact that this situation (which shouldn't have happened) was handled in the most reasonable and fair way. Period. Get over yourself.

1) No other solution is realistic in your opinion. You are welcome to that opinion, but I do not agree.

2) What is your point regarding "backseat devs" then? You don't like bugs, but you also don't like people who talk about how some of the bugs demonstrate incompetence, or how the devs could improve their GAAS? 

It could have been handled better. It could have been handled worse. I do not agree that DE's approach was "the most reasonable and fair" from a player's perspective. I do believe it to be yet another reason to not have a lot of faith in DE anymore. We've reached an impasse.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, (PSN)les2zamours said:

By the way, this has been the buggiest update ever

I don't think so.

Yes, there are some minor bugs as always, but nothing serious or game crashing. (I play on PC in EU)
And yes, I lost some progress in SP Circuit due to the bugs, too. But that was only a few times in the early days.
This is a huge update with a ton of new stuff, this always come with some glitches.
As a veteran you know that.

-c0y

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, _COY_ said:

I don't think so.

Yes, there are some minor bugs as always, but nothing serious or game crashing. (I play on PC in EU)
And yes, I lost some progress in SP Circuit due to the bugs, too. But that was only a few times in the early days.
This is a huge update with a ton of new stuff, this always come with some glitches.
As a veteran you know that.

-c0y

Yea I vote for initial release RJ and also Scarlet Spear as buggiest updates. It's not the bugs with this update mostly, it's how the system handles saving progress on things like circuit.

21 hours ago, ShadonicX7543 said:

I just think it's a little sad that those who missed week 1 rewards because they took their time enjoying the quest and open world slowly or didn't start day 1 are losing because greedy people want double rewards for week 6. It seems a bit unfair because a LOT of people missed week 1 for a wholesome reason and are being punished TWICE for it because some people just want more and more of stuff they shouldn't even have yet. :/

punished is a strong word, they just have to wait one week

• Like 2

Can sympathise with possible frustrations. 

Not that big a deal for me personally. I already waited 5 weeks for the first rotation week to return, now I just have to wait another week. Is the solution inelegant? I suppose t depends. If you rather have week 1 choices, then sure, you might prefer them to fix it, if you prefer week 6 choices, then its a nice surprise. For me, well I want them all, so its a bit of both. Given this is DE and this did happen, I imagine its better for them to not try any midweek fixes involving having to reset progress or have some people getting something and others getting something else, can you imagine how much more stuff could go wrong? Just let it play out. 

Alternatively. DE this has really negatively impacted on me and uh something, a whole week? Do you realise how long that is? Thats 7 days, thats 168 hours, thats 604 800 seconds!! Thats time we won't get back, how can I trust you anymore? Next week, we might get week 4's Incarnons? Who can live in such a topsy turvy upside down world with such uncertainty! The only way you can get me to trust you again is to announce a Tigris Incarnon! Yes yes, then all will be well, and good again. Perfect way to solve this entire ordeal and scandal! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, --N-- said:

What's funny is that this doesn't even change the amount of time it takes to collect all the incarnons

"collect" like its a thing you have todo once and isn't used up in the process

Edited by _Anise_

Some people sure are acting weird about what was basically the only reasonable solution to a bad situation. By keeping the rewards as is it means that nobody is "behind" on the amount of incarnon evolutions they have and nobody feels like whatever time they had spent on Sunday farming them was wasted. Having the incarnon evolutions shifted back one week is seriously not a big deal.

• Like 6

Well, just wanted to chime in and write that, while I would have much preferred for the entire Duviri release to be held back until proper testing and bug fixing were performed, this is the best solution for this particular bug and the team made the right call.  As no one caught the issue until players already made their selections and started working towards (getting?) Incarnon adaptors for this week, "fixing" this will would have created another disaster on top of the original one.  Plus on the bright side, some of the Incarnon nodes require you to equip all 3 Stalker weapons, so the more hardcore among us can now get that perk early.

I just hope this is a lessons learned for the team and we at least return to the original level of testing (which, admittedly, was also on the light side).  Oh, and whoever convinced everyone that Duviri was ready to ship?  Yeah, let's take this person's claims with a handful of salt, at least for the foreseeable future...

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

"collect" like its a thing you have todo once and isn't used up in the process

1. They are adding the ability to uninstall incarnon adaptors in the next update.
  2. There are only few weapons where I'd consider using duplicates (Braton Vandal vs Braton Prime, for example), but even there the difference is marginal.
Edited by --N--
source
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, --N-- said:

They are adding the ability to uninstall incarnon adaptors in the next update.

awsome that I need to find out about these things from the forums xD

why make it so you have to uninstall them ? why not just make them unlimited uses ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

awsome that I need to find out about these things from the forums xD

why make it so you have to uninstall them ? why not just make them unlimited uses ?

I imagine it's mainly meant to allow you to use the adaptor on the base variant if you don't have the prime/vandal etc. (or if there is no better version yet), and then upgrade to the prime without having to farm another adaptor.

1 minute ago, BETAOPTICS said:

That sucks because now I have duplicate Incarnon Genesis for weapons that only have a singular variant and I do nothing with these Incarnon Genesis adapters. It's a waste of week for me.

Why did you pick the same weapons as last week?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

Thanks for the info I thought frames were randomized. I can wait two weeks.

FWIW, the released list of Warframes available via normal Circuit was put onto the wiki page -- you can check it here. It's week 6 that got bugged out, so next week the normal-mode cycle resumes with week 7; it loops after week 11, going back to the first week. (Which, presumably, will now work properly.)

On 2023-06-05 at 9:09 PM, Tsukinoki said:

And what exactly were the alternatives that are "fairer"?
What about people who already have rank 5 (or 10) and therefore already have the incarnon adapters for this week?  What would be a "fair" solution to them, that is also "fair" to people who held off on doing anything with the mode until they got word on what DE was going to do?

They could rotate everyone else...in which case the people who got to rank 10 doesn't get a chance at the week 1 rotation and miss out.
They could rotate everyone....in which case the people who got to rank 10 would get to go to rank 10 again and get a total of 4 incarnon adapters for the week and everyone else gets nothing.
OR they could just leave it as is and let things roll over so that people either don't miss out or get double rewards....which seems a lot fairer.

Those are good points. For me I had taken Sibear and Zylok last week, and in my confusion clicked them again. Now I have two incarnon gensis for two weapons that do not even have an alternate version (Wraith, Kuva, Vandal, Tenet etc.) so it is a wasted week. I am unable to see a solution that would account for different variations but this is really bad. I'd lie if I told you I am happy with how DE has handled this.

2 minutes ago, --N-- said:

I imagine it's mainly meant to allow you to use the adaptor on the base variant if you don't have the prime/vandal etc. (or if there is no better version yet), and then upgrade to the prime without having to farm another adaptor.

Honestly, I suspect it's more because there's been multiple instances of people accidentally installing the adapter on the wrong weapon variant and then being upset there was no way to get it back. (And to be fair, if you have more than one variant of a weapon, Cavalero's UI for picking the one to install on could probably be improved. But the UI for Incarnon evolutions is getting a bit janky as it is -- a screen that worked for 5 weapons is maybe less optimal when dealing with 35.)

But you're right that the end result is the same, either way: basically, they're turning them from working like forma or potatoes (install once and alter the item forever, unable to retrieve what you used) to something more like archon shards (can put into a specific thing, but you can also tear it back out to use it elsewhere if you need/want).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

For me I had taken Sibear and Zylok last week, and in my confusion clicked them again.

In all honesty, you're not the only person I know of who did this. Some folks were like "Oh, did it bug out and I need to pick what I did last week so that it awards them to me?" or whatever, and while I feel like there's some degree of "I might've checked the forums or Discord first" to that... I mean, it's also not an entirely unexpected outcome.

I do wish that they let you change out your selections if you have not yet hit Tier 1 of your chosen reward path; it would fix scenarios like yours, or where someone mixed up the Burston and Braton and thought they had a Prime for the one when they actually had the other and only realized after clicking "Begin", etc.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Packetdancer said:

In all honesty, you're not the only person I know of who did this. Some folks were like "Oh, did it bug out and I need to pick what I did last week so that it awards them to me?" or whatever, and while I feel like there's some degree of "I might've checked the forums or Discord first" to that... I mean, it's also not an entirely unexpected outcome.

I do wish that they let you change out your selections if you have not yet hit Tier 1 of your chosen reward path; it would fix scenarios like yours, or where someone mixed up the Burston and Braton and thought they had a Prime for the one when they actually had the other and only realized after clicking "Begin", etc.

Yeah totally. While there is a degree of player agency there, Warframe also has history with bugs like this so it isn't an unreasonable mistake. And to be fair, I wasn't really in my full brain capacity and attention either so that's one me. But like you say, I am not alone and this solution is insufficient I think. I think going into the future there should be some kind of check that would check if the player already hasn't done the incarnon genesis and if the gun has available variants left. If both results are false, then grey those options out or at least give a warning about it.

It should have been properly tested to be fair. It is such a rigid system, a player either gets to continue relatively normally or gets absolutely nothing so it is crticial to get it right.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

14 hours ago, --N-- said:

Why did you pick the same weapons as last week?

There have been similar UI bugs in the past and I was not at full attention capacity to be fair. I just graduated last week so it was the first time I did not have time to get all the materials for the incarnons so and as my attention was divided elsewhere, in my confusion I figured it was just some odd confirmation screen from the last week. The lateral part is on me, but regardless of that, it is clearly a system that needs proper data validation. I became a Software Engineer, so to me this is professionally clear that it needs validation checks. A system this rigid needs to work. To be fair to DE developers, it's tough trying to think all the possible outcomes that can come up with down the line. But it should have been tested appropriately and clearly it wasn't. Well we'll see if DE returns to this topic or not.

Edited by BETAOPTICS
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

It should have been properly tested to be fair. It is such a rigid system, a player either gets to continue relatively normally or gets absolutely nothing so it is crticial to get it right.

In all honestly, I half-suspect the fact that the Steel Circuit portion needed to loop back to week 1 while the non-Steel version needed to advance to week 7 is where things went wrong. Because I feel like there's a non-zero chance that the Circuit cycles were actually in fact tested -- but in isolation from each other, or that the system was tested with just one set of reward data, or whatever. And that it's the combination of the two Circuits -- which share a system, but have separate reward rotations of differing lengths -- in production/live that caused the issue.

Because that's a thing that I have seen happen on more than one project I've been on when a deadline is near: you test each system separately and then give them a much less exhaustive test once you merge them into the overall whole, trusting that if they all worked on their own and if they work when you do a quick test after putting them all together, the whole thing will Just Work in its entirety.

It's a thing I always argue against, because I think it's a mistake on those projects... and if it's in any way close to what happened here behind-the-scenes, I think it was a mistake on DE's part, too. Even if it's a sadly understandable (and fairly common) one that crops up with many development teams, game or otherwise. But we have no idea what the actual root cause was -- that's just a wild guess, albeit one that is understandable and not exactly uncommon.

Either way, it sounds like they smacked the metaphorical console ("percussive maintenance") and unstuck it, so hopefully it's smooth going from here onwards. At least in regards to the rewards advancing properly week-to-week, anyway.

• Like 3

On 2023-06-05 at 2:44 PM, BansheePrime said:

The duality of warframe.

Not really duality, I do agree that its the best week to be duplicated (cuz of the talents that involve running all stalker weapons) I just say its the worst week cuz it's a certified snooze-fest, sybear and hate are just melee weapons, dread is crit heavy paris, zylok barely works, and despair is yet another secondary explosion launcher. Maybe they have good stats, I wouldn't know, but what I do know is those things are boring (except for zylok cuz its unique, but like I said it barely works)

Em 05/06/2023 em 14:54, [DE]Megan disse:

Tenno!

No domingo à noite, confirmamos os relatos de que a rotação do circuito não rolou e foi uma duplicata da rotação anterior.

Depois de discutir uma resolução esta manhã, a equipe decidiu manter esta semana como uma duplicata, já que muitos de vocês estão trabalhando para obter essas recompensas e desejam continuar. Na próxima semana, ele rodará conforme o planejado.

Desculpas para o blip nas rotações!

* Para esclarecer alguma confusão, a próxima rotação será de recompensas da Semana 1.

let's wait for next week's update

Edited by ZarakiX
my mistake, I found the reward