Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Circuit Reward Offerings This Week + Next

[DE]Megan

Seems like no matter what DE does, everyone’s gonna complain.

They keep the rotation as it is this week, everyone complains about it because they feel timegated even though week 6 being repeated was likely unforeseen until it happened.

They fix it and change it back to the week it’s supposed to originally rotate to and everyone complains about losing the chance to grab the stuff from week 6 a second time, or whine about how others got to grab more from the last rotation and they didn’t. 

Some people are never happy i guess? Ye the rotation shouldn’t of been bugged in the first place, but i don’t mind waiting the extra week instead of the week being skipped so it can be what it’s meant to be and having people uproar about DE screwing them over and allowing people to get double the incarnons in a single week.

14 hours ago, at35z said:

Which is why you should switch to a model that rotates individually for each player, upon the completion of the reward, similar to how Login Rewards work now.

Hell no , I skipped 6th week rotations because it had nothing of interest and only completed half of progress on few others . With this system in place I would be locked out of stuff I want until I finish stuff I don't want .

• Like 3

I've lost a lot of faith in DE over the last year or two due to very poor updates riddled with bugs and bad decisions from a gameplay standpoint (which may be more profitable and thus worth it to some gaming companies), but Duviri really seems to put it on another level regarding bugs: Missions not starting, enemies getting bugged and preventing mission finishes, buggy decrees, getting trapped as Drifter in Circuit missions for some reason, Incarnon Genesis weapons being released with multiple talents just not working etc and now even the weekly rotation not being updated. DE's response to their latest blunder?
:Sesame Street Idk GIF

I suppose in the short-term doing nothing is one of the most profitable responses, but to me it seems to be one of the laziest responses as well, just showing how little DE actually cares about their bugs and how much they are willing to sacrifice to squeeze out a higher ROI. Where has your passion and pride for this game gone?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

I just want to get Ivara without needing to do Spy missions. I don't want to buy her because I already have prime and only need normal variant for mastery and feed helminth.

I9juVpG.png

me when she probably won't even be on next rotation....

Well, they published the list of things in both the normal and Steel Path cycles, so we know what comes when. Sadly, I can tell you the frames that should've happened this week -- which now happen next week -- are Mesa, Chroma, and Atlas.

The frames that should've happened next week, which will now be happening the week after, however, may make you happier: Ivara, Inaros, and Titania. :)

3 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

I've lost a lot of faith in DE over the last year or two due to very poor updates riddled with bugs and bad decisions from a gameplay standpoint (which may be more profitable and thus worth it to some gaming companies), but Duviri really seems to put it on another level regarding bugs: Missions not starting, enemies getting bugged and preventing mission finishes, buggy decrees, getting trapped as Drifter in Circuit missions for some reason, Incarnon Genesis weapons being released with multiple talents just not working etc and now even the weekly rotation not being updated. DE's response to their latest blunder?
:Sesame Street Idk GIF

I suppose in the short-term doing nothing is one of the most profitable responses, but to me it seems to be one of the laziest responses as well, just showing how little DE actually cares about their bugs and how much they are willing to sacrifice to squeeze out a higher ROI. Where has your passion and pride for this game gone?

Going to be quite honest and say that all other responses to this problem probably don't cost much either way (probably an hour of some developers' time) and that what they did choose is likely the best option.

4 hours ago, trst said:

I don't like them either but they are a necessary evil. Since DE as a business needs as much reoccurring engagement as possible. Yet most players begin to drop off the game within a week or two of a major update. And it doesn't take a lot of total time at all for players to either catch up with all content or reach the point where they don't need anything else.

And since time gating is the only real method the game is designed around in regards to prolonging play (even the RNG doesn't really accomplish that) we'll only be seeing more weekly content in the future.

people drop the game because they get bored, as Warframe doesn't offer sustainable content, it has been known for years. Fortuna happened and 3 weeks later people were already burnt out, for an update that took months and months of dev time. Duviri is in reality no different, we only farming for adapters because they're so bottlenecked that it will take months to have them all. If adapters weren't time-gated, people would already have dropped it completely. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TZer0 said:

Going to be quite honest and say that all other responses to this problem probably don't cost much either way (probably an hour of some developers' time) and that what they did choose is likely the best option.

Other options shouldn't cost the company much, just as fixing some other bugs in this game shouldn't cost the company much, but this seems to be the new DE way: Try to maximize ROI in the short-term at the cost of erosion of the game's quality. It all adds up on both accounts.

I would argue what they did was not the best option, for players anyway. A better option would be to tell players that the rotation was bugged and Week 1 was supposed to be in rotation and that Week 2 will be in rotation next week. Then, at the very least, give players the option to switch the rewards from Week 6 to Week 1, restarting Circuit progress in the process, but allowing players to keep the rewards they've gained on the bugged Week 6 rotation. They could go a step further and allow for this option of switching to be done at any time throughout the week. They could even go steps further regarding progress and rewards, allowing for carry-overs and exchanges of weekly rewards but seeing as how bugged talents that simply do not work at all is part of their MO, the work entailed in bringing this option to the table is so out of scope me elaborating on how it would work isn't even worth for me.

They went with the lazy option again as they've shown great proclivity for in recent years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Packetdancer said:

The frames that should've happened next week, which will now be happening the week after, however, may make you happier: Ivara, Inaros, and Titania. :)

Thanks for the info I thought frames were randomized. I can wait two weeks.

24 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

give players the option to switch the rewards from Week 6 to Week 1, restarting Circuit progress in the process, but allowing players to keep the rewards they've gained on the bugged Week 6 rotation.

They can't give players an option to do something that doesn't exist in the game.

Developing such a feature (while they're in a code freeze because of an upcoming cert build), testing it (we don't want buggy untested updates after all), and then getting it through cert before the week is over is completely infeasible, and a giant waste of resources to fix a one time screwup. That's not laziness.

Yeah, it sucks that every other week got pushed back by one week (I'm not a huge fan of the week 6 weapons either), and I get your frustration, but they can't go back in time and prevent that from happening. The solution they chose is the fairest one out of all the possible ones (no, letting you choose 2 week 6 and 2 week 1 incarnons for this week is not possible, see above): everyone gets 2 incarnons this week, nobody gets their progress deleted, nobody gains an unfair advantage if they were able to get to T10 early.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, --N-- said:

They can't give players an option to do something that doesn't exist in the game.

Developing such a feature (while they're in a code freeze because of an upcoming cert build), testing it (we don't want buggy untested updates after all), and then getting it through cert before the week is over is completely infeasible, and a giant waste of resources to fix a one time screwup. That's not laziness.

Yeah, it sucks that every other week got pushed back by one week (I'm not a huge fan of the week 6 weapons either), and I get your frustration, but they can't go back in time and prevent that from happening. The solution they chose is the fairest one out of all the possible ones (no, letting you choose 2 week 6 and 2 week 1 incarnons for this week is not possible, see above): everyone gets 2 incarnons this week, nobody gets their progress deleted, nobody gains an unfair advantage if they were able to get to T10 early.

laziness is not having a proper QC team to actually check for bugs like this one (very big no matter what you think) before pushing out a major update

1 minute ago, Skoomaseller said:

laziness is not having a proper QC team to actually check for bugs like this one (very big no matter what you think) before pushing out a major update

That's a fair criticism (though that's a rather simplistic view of the issue), but that was not my point. Like I said, it sucks and I get the frustration, but they can't go back in time and prevent it from happening.

Host migrations failing, bugs deleting hours of circuit progress were far bigger issues IMHO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Some people are never happy i guess?

if they didn't mess it up everyone would have been happy ?

1 hour ago, Silligoose said:

I've lost a lot of faith in DE

I'm getting there, things always release bad and fixes come  s l o w l y if they come at all, example the predasite mesh is still full of holes and how long ago did that release ? Yareli (and I know she has her fans ) still sucks on kdrive in corridors (to name a few, I am sure there are tens more broken things)

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, --N-- said:

I don't really care all that much about Week 1's rewards being delayed a week. I'm not frustrated having to wait another week to farm whatever is on offer as rewards. This latest blunder and associate response show what DE is like these days.

There's always an excuse for not fixing the bugs in this game. They can. They don't want to. Their solution of doing nothing, which is a "solution" chosen for a lot of bugs for prolonged times, was not "the most fair", it was the laziest. I accept the impasse we've reached regarding this.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

I don't really care all that much about Week 1's rewards being delayed a week. I'm not frustrated having to wait another week to farm whatever is on offer as rewards. This latest blunder and associate response show what DE is like these days.

There's always an excuse for not fixing the bugs in this game. They can. They don't want to. Their solution of doing nothing, which is a "solution" chosen for a lot of bugs for prolonged times, was not "the most fair", it was the laziest. I accept the impasse we've reached regarding this.

1) Lower your role and imagine a person, a player who is not spending time on forums, doesn't research stuff and just plays. You know, like the majority of the playerbase.
That person logins on monday, doesn't realize it is bugged (maybe they were away last week or they just unlocked SP), picks two weapons, grinds the Circuit and then out of nowhere their progress is deleted and the rewards are changed. That player asks: "What is that?" and the response would be: "Oh, players though deleting your progress is more fair than respecting your time, deal with it."

2) I simply love how many backseat developers this community has. Sure they definitelly can fix that bug, they just don't want to. Gamedevelopment is easy! All you need to do is this:

if (there is a bug) {
     don't do the bug;
}

• Like 4

I'm just disappointed really. The justification that you don't want to remove the effort of Tenno who already started grinding the incarnons for this glitched week sounds reasonable. And the time before that. And the bug before that. How many instances do we have to get to before it's just a shabby justification? Fix your game. Test it for Christ's sake.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

1) Lower your role and imagine a person, a player who is not spending time on forums, doesn't research stuff and just plays. You know, like the majority of the playerbase.
That person logins on monday, doesn't realize it is bugged (maybe they were away last week or they just unlocked SP), picks two weapons, grinds the Circuit and then out of nowhere their progress is deleted and the rewards are changed. That player asks: "What is that?" and the response would be: "Oh, players though deleting your progress is more fair than respecting your time, deal with it."

2) I simply love how many backseat developers this community has. Sure they definitelly can fix that bug, they just don't want to. Gamedevelopment is easy! All you need to do is this:

if (there is a bug) {
     don't do the bug;
}

1) Why are you using that example? Who suggested progress should be deleted out of nowhere and why are you using such an idiotc example as a reply to me? 

2) "Oh you put in some talents in the new Incarnon weapons that don't function at all? Oh that's ok because game development is hard. Oh you also dun goofed and put the wrong rewards up for the week? That's ok too. Oh, you released these missions with obvious bugs that prevent players from finishing said missions which even a little QA would have picked up? Oh that's ok because programming and game development is super duper hard!!!.". Asmuch as you love backseat game developers, I love fanbois excusing incompetence because they overestimate how difficult something is even more. You look at other technical fields and excuse shoddy work within those fields as well?

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Lower your role and imagine a person, a player who is not spending time on forums, doesn't research stuff and just plays. You know, like the majority of the playerbase.

'This player doesn't do research or go to forums'

'Thing happens'

'Immediately goes to forums'

Like does this 'Lower Role Player' Do their research or not? It's so funny that this hypothetical apparently has the guy be a completely different person.

Like any other person that missed a week, would probably just search what they missed last week just to know what they missed. But apparently this player that has NEVER done any research or goes to the forums would IMMEDIATELY go to the forums and do full research.

33 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

simply love how many backseat developers this community has. Sure they definitelly can fix that bug, they just don't want to. Gamedevelopment

You do know that these guys are poor widdle indie dewelopers anymore right?

Also isn't this the same DE that doesn't want to do things like test clusters because 'It takes too much time'?

I guess it's better to just constantly have bugs that softlock games, and have duplicate weeks in a Time Gate FOMO system. Then to have to set up test clusters.

DE: We respect our time, but #*!% the players amirite?

• Like 3

Imagine Duviri Paradox update dropping on 3rd of May instead of 26th of April. That's how the rotation would look like today.

Why are you people in such a rush? Will you die if you don't collect every reward ASAP?

Цитата

It WoUlD TaKe N mOnThS tO cOlLeCt AlL iNcArNoN...

Gosh, did you forget about once-a-year events with unique rewards? If you join the game 1 day after the event is over, it will take you ONE YEAR to collect the reward. Why isn't THAT an issue for you?

Edited by bl1te
typo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bl1te said:

Imagine Duviri Paradox update dropping on 3rd of May instead of 26th of April. That's how the rotation would look like today.

Why are you people in such a rush? Will you die if you don't collect every reward ASAP?

"It WoUlD TaKe N mOnThS tO cOlLeCt AlL iNcArNoN..."

Gosh, did you forget about once-a-year events with unique rewards? If you join the game 1 day after the event is over, it will take you ONE YEAR to collect the reward. Why isn't THAT an issue for you?

What's funny is that this doesn't even change the amount of time it takes to collect all the incarnons, it just moves the last week 6 forward a bit:

Original: 123456 123456 123456

Now:      123456 612345 612345

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

1) Why are you using that example? Who suggested progress should be deleted out of nowhere and why are you using such an idiotc example as a reply to me? 

2) "Oh you put in some talents in the new Incarnon weapons that don't function at all? Oh that's ok because game development is hard. Oh you also dun goofed and put the wrong rewards up for the week? That's ok too. Oh, you released these missions with obvious bugs that prevent players from finishing said missions which even a little QA would have picked up? Oh that's ok because programming and game development is super duper hard!!!.". Asmuch as you love backseat game developers, I love fanbois excusing incompetence because they overestimate how difficult something is even more. You look at other technical fields and excuse shoddy work within those fields as well?

1) Because there is no other realistic solution. So we gotta pick out of those the most fair one. Which one is it? If you hate option 1, you would probably be ok with option 2.
Otherwise give us your fair solution.

2) Can you quote me, where I defended the bugs? I never said it's ok. I never said it's fine. I never defended any of those bugs. Yes there is a lot of bugs and YES it's unacceptable and yes I hate when there are bugs. Is that what you want to hear?

It doesn't change anything about the fact that this situation (which shouldn't have happened) was handled in the most reasonable and fair way. Period. Get over yourself.

36 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

'Immediately goes to forums'

Didn't say that player would go to forums. 

39 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

You do know that these guys are poor widdle indie dewelopers anymore right?

So?

41 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Also isn't this the same DE that doesn't want to do things like test clusters because 'It takes too much time'?

Well if the choice is more updates or getting a test cluster, the choice is obvious.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, at35z said:

Which is why you should switch to a model that rotates individually for each player, upon the completion of the reward, similar to how Login Rewards work now.

Gods above, no I really am glad that they aren't doing this.

People already complain about this with the Kahl missions (Don't like one of the three missions?  Oh well you have to do it anyways as the Kahl missions simply won't rotate unless you do the mission....) and we don't need that sort of system spreading throughout the game.

Being able to skip something should be an option.

Further what do you think will happen when someone has every incarnon that is available and then doesn't have a reason to play the mode and is waiting for DE to add new incarnons to the mix?
With your idea they are forced to grind through rotation after rotation after rotation after rotation until DE drops the new incarnons because if they don't grind through it then they won't be able to get the new incarnons when DE does add them into the game.  After all it doesn't matter if they just want the new stuff, if there was 16 weeks of solid repeats due to it taking that long to add the stuff into the game they have to sit through those 16 weeks of zero chance at the new stuff because they aren't given the option to skip it.
And a new player that is just joining the game?  They are even further back as they have the entire backlog of the initial 18 weeks to get the original 5 weapons from the rotations, and then 16 more weeks of repeats to catch up to the current players....

This would have been a frankly horrible system where you can't just take it easy or skip a rotation if you have everything/you don't want anything in that rotation.

• Like 1