Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirror Defense

FiveN9ne

Just played a 50ish min Mirror Defense on Tyana Pass. 2 C rotations and another one started. Acolyte spawn distracted us and crystal died. 

Result? Zero rewards. Is this seriously how it's intended to be? You lose and you get nothing? No previous rotation rewards?

I was already mad at warframe for many other reasons but this is over the top.

You're not supposed to challenge yourself to see how far you can go and how well you can do.

You're supposed to turn tail and run before it gets too difficult, or cheese it so that it never gets challenging anyways by using a bubble frame to eliminate the gameplay!

(Yes, satirical)

• Like 8

are you complaining that you and your team choose to keep going in an endurance steel path and lost?
YES this is how the game is meant to be,
at the end of each round you had the choice to leave or continue. knowing very well that if you fail the mission you lose your loot. 

Edited by Grimm
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, FiveN9ne said:

Just played a 50ish min Mirror Defense on Tyana Pass. 2 C rotations and another one started. Acolyte spawn distracted us and crystal died. 

Result? Zero rewards. Is this seriously how it's intended to be? You lose and you get nothing? No previous rotation rewards?

What I'm actually disappointed in is you actually came to the forums to tell us you failed a mission but should get rewarded for it...instead of learning HOW you failed and WHAT steps you can take to make sure you succeed next time. 

• Like 7

Hard mistake to learn. You need to focus on the mission objective, not the Acolyte.

If you're running Mirror Defense, Acolyte loot should be worth almost nothing to you now.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

What I'm actually disappointed in is you actually came to the forums to tell us you failed a mission but should get rewarded for it...instead of learning HOW you failed and WHAT steps you can take to make sure you succeed next time. 

You can fail bounties and still keep previous bounty phase loot. Don't you think it's a little heavy handed to lose absolutely everything after that long in a Defense mission?

49 minutes ago, trst said:

That's how the entire game works. It's literally the single "challenge" the game has: don't fail the mission.

I've actually never failed an endurance mission before so i was under the impression you get to keep previous rotation rewards. 

26 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Read above. I'm not here for advice on how to play, thanks though.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

They did 2 full rotation so I don't see reasons why Ordis cannot shut up and move to take at least SOME rewards. You don't expect Open world or RJ to take all of your loot, right? Why it has to be so different.

• Like 1

I personally think that losing all of your loot for failing a mission is a bit archaic, but this risk/reward aspect is the only thing keeping most missions having an ounce of challenge to them; building your loadout and playing adeptly to avoid failing, and consequently losing everything you gained.

However, with stuff like Railjack & Bounties keeping loot from previous stages, host migration, questionably designed enemies like the Thrax Legatus, host migration bugs, poor connectivity that can result in failing a mission, and Warframe being ported to mobile so we can also consider the instability of mobile hosts—losing everything from failing a mission increasingly makes no sense to me.

I got stuck in a little side room in a steel path survival once... acolyte spawned in that room and teleported me in there. Killed him, and found out that the control panel inside wasn't working (I think there was a line from space balls uttered in that moment).... like 35 or 40 minutes with like a dozen riven slivers (drop chance booster) down the drain 😖

This game doesn't give you any reason to push the limits. At all... so honestly? do a C-rot and get out. aside from the minute of wasted time loading the mission and getting into place, there's no reason to do more than 1.

6 hours ago, FiveN9ne said:

I've actually never failed an endurance mission before so i was under the impression you get to keep previous rotation rewards. 

Read above. I'm not here for advice on how to play, thanks though.

Understood and my apologies. I'm never a fan of people coming to the forums just to complain however, after seeing your explanation, I get ya now. 

For context, the game has always had this level of risk when it comes to endurance missions because you're basically betting on yourself in an all or nothing.

5 hours ago, quxier said:

They did 2 full rotation so I don't see reasons why Ordis cannot shut up and move to take at least SOME rewards. You don't expect Open world or RJ to take all of your loot, right? Why it has to be so different.

Because the mode itself isn't attached to tier rewards like the Circuit is. In this defense mode, the mission doesn't meet the same conditions so it's an all or nothing approach. It's a gamble you're placing on yourself that you can keep going and, if you lose, you lose it all. I think it's healthy to have this type of mode to test player confidence in their setups. 

• Like 2

8小时前 , FiveN9ne 说:

What a surprise.

6 hours ago, nslay said:

You can fail bounties and still keep previous bounty phase loot. Don't you think it's a little heavy handed to lose absolutely everything after that long in a Defense mission?

I do but I also think it's a great risk/reward mode that offers a hard fail for making a mistake. That said, I would not object to players only having to sacrifice the rewards gained at the losing rotation.

This is not over the top. Asking for failing to be rewarded is whats over the top. We dont need to change the meaning of Game Over. 

The quality of players lower in the long run if there are no consequences for lack of preparation or attention to the mission. Removing this will remove the challenge of higher risk missions.

Imagine how many of you will feel about pub matches after years of normalizing this attitude. You'll get grouped with people barely finishing a single round of circuit because as long as it yields rewards, then its ok to just keep queing in and failing over and over until you've gotten what you need.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kamisama85 said:

This is not over the top. Asking for failing to be rewarded is whats over the top. We dont need to change the meaning of Game Over

They're not asking to be rewarded for failing, they're asking to receive the rewards for all of the rounds they succeeded.  That's the way it works in Survival, Dusruption, and Excavation.  

• Like 1

vor 12 Stunden schrieb FA22_RaptoR:

I got stuck in a little side room in a steel path survival once... acolyte spawned in that room and teleported me in there. Killed him, and found out that the control panel inside wasn't working (I think there was a line from space balls uttered in that moment).... like 35 or 40 minutes with like a dozen riven slivers (drop chance booster) down the drain 😖

This game doesn't give you any reason to push the limits. At all... so honestly? do a C-rot and get out. aside from the minute of wasted time loading the mission and getting into place, there's no reason to do more than 1.

If you do relic endurance, you get boosters. After 90min or so you get double everything. Solid for steel essence and running rads every rotation.

6 hours ago, American said:

How is it I can do 4 full rotations of steel path mirror defense duo with a friend just fine (and kill the acolytes without losing objective), but your whole squad cant?

get better gear i guess, idk

You must be an impossibly better player than me. Typical forums, nobody reads anything but the first post and just want to post their worthless 2 cents.

15 minutes ago, FiveN9ne said:

You must be an impossibly better player than me. Typical forums, nobody reads anything but the first post and just want to post their worthless 2 cents.

Not.. not really. This is literally the solution to the entire problem you're having. 
Losing your rewards on failure as a result of pushing past your team's capability is the only semblance of a challenge this game can give us. Yes, I think it's fair. I've pushed too far before and failed runs just like you. 
You just.. start over, like everyone else. 
No, DE will not be changing this. I don't know what you're even asking for in your post to be honest. 
You want to keep all rewards earned, in any mission, on failure? That's never going to happen. 

6 hours ago, American said:

Not.. not really. This is literally the solution to the entire problem you're having. 
Losing your rewards on failure as a result of pushing past your team's capability is the only semblance of a challenge this game can give us. Yes, I think it's fair. I've pushed too far before and failed runs just like you. 
You just.. start over, like everyone else. 
No, DE will not be changing this. I don't know what you're even asking for in your post to be honest. 
You want to keep all rewards earned, in any mission, on failure? That's never going to happen. 

13 minutes ago, Veridian said:

So you've failed a mission and lost the rewards?

Baffling.

22 hours ago, FiveN9ne said:

For the two of you and the others from the future who don't bother actually reading anything. We get it, you can parrot a sentence that others already posted. Baffling.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:
22 hours ago, quxier said:

Because the mode itself isn't attached to tier rewards like the Circuit is. In this defense mode, the mission doesn't meet the same conditions so it's an all or nothing approach. It's a gamble you're placing on yourself that you can keep going and, if you lose, you lose it all. I think it's healthy to have this type of mode to test player confidence in their setups. 

Bounties has stage as well. You still get stage you have finished, right?

And if you like gambling then it's fine. Not everyone likes to go the One handed bandit. I guess that's preferences.

15 hours ago, kamisama85 said:

Imagine how many of you will feel about pub matches after years of normalizing this attitude. You'll get grouped with people barely finishing a single round of circuit because as long as it yields rewards, then its ok to just keep queing in and failing over and over until you've gotten what you need.

Now you get afk people ;)